Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 537 538 539 ... 843 844 845

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-30 17:33:55  
This is true lol.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-30 18:03:38  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Especially when multiboxing, I've found arborscent seeds to be a good middle ground. Harvest time is 2 hours instead of the 1 hour from revival roots, but they can be harvested twice per seed and are available from the goblin NPC in leafallia.

Revival roots are often not available on AH and any time spent farming them is additional time wasted. If you're in a real hurry to increase your number of furrows, or idling in garden, roots are obviously the best choice. However, I've had no trouble keeping furrow progression equal to the rest using seeds and checking in periodically.

I farmed some revival roots in between planting and was able to farm a few stacks in i think 2 outings to farm spot. Not the greatest but not too shabby either. Figure sooner I can get this mog garden stuff over with don't have to bother w/ it anymore
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-30 18:09:51  
Using Kuyin gives you an infinite supply of whatever you plant as well.

You in theory only need 1 root, to have infinity, if you employ her.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-30 18:32:30  
Josiahkf said: »
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Especially when multiboxing, I've found arborscent seeds to be a good middle ground. Harvest time is 2 hours instead of the 1 hour from revival roots, but they can be harvested twice per seed and are available from the goblin NPC in leafallia.

Revival roots are often not available on AH and any time spent farming them is additional time wasted. If you're in a real hurry to increase your number of furrows, or idling in garden, roots are obviously the best choice. However, I've had no trouble keeping furrow progression equal to the rest using seeds and checking in periodically.

I farmed some revival roots in between planting and was able to farm a few stacks in i think 2 outings to farm spot. Not the greatest but not too shabby either. Figure sooner I can get this mog garden stuff over with don't have to bother w/ it anymore
People need to most importantly use super baitballs on their ponds.

If you trade the dragoneye it provides to the moogle, then tell the kitten to look for seeds, you will always get 3-10 of the same item back that you planted.

So you can slowly get infinite revival roots or aborseeds etc just from the first planting, and never have to purchase them again for mules.
Can you elaborate more about this, please? I see the super bait ball as an option to spend stars on but you're saying use it in the pond? Does that reward the Dragoneye you mentioned and that somehow unlocked Kuyin that Eiryl is talking about?

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Using Kuyin gives you an infinite supply of whatever you plant as well.

You in theory only need 1 root, to have infinity, if you employ her.

Not sure what Kuyin is, don't see any option to employ them just yet. Only started seriously doing mog garden yesterday.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-30 18:43:36  
Kuyin, is what Josiah is talking about.

You have to find a special fish from the pond with a superbait ball, then she will ask to be employed in your garden.

There's also a QQ and a Meeble.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Mog_Garden#Kuyin_Hathdenna

Quote:
Kuyin Hathdenna

This mithra assists you with your Furrows and your Pond Dredger
Recruiting

To recruit Kuyin, trade a Dragoneye to your Green Thumb Moogle.

Dragoneyes can be obtained by using a Super Baitball on your Pond Dredger, then collecting from it.
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-30 18:56:34  
Kuyin, is what Josiah is talking about.

You have to find a special fish from the pond with a superbait ball, then she will ask to be employed in your garden.

There's also a QQ and a Meeble.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Mog_Garden#Kuyin_Hathdenna

Quote:
Kuyin Hathdenna

This mithra assists you with your Furrows and your Pond Dredger
Recruiting

To recruit Kuyin, trade a Dragoneye to your Green Thumb Moogle.

Dragoneyes can be obtained by using a Super Baitball on your Pond Dredger, then collecting from it.

Hmm okay so I should aim for that ASAP i'm guessing? Looks like you have to spend 5 stars per week to employ them, but is that all?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-30 18:58:00  
Wouldn't honestly bother, unless you have a lack of roots/seeds. Only made mention as it was brought up that roots may be hard to get.

You will need to meet Susarroon though, so you should get him, just the one time.

(you can speed up the mining/logging by like 10% if you get them) "repair the tools" might get you one or two free actions per day.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-30 23:46:37  
Has there been any testing done in the ilvl era for how high monster attributes are? Preferably 135+ content VIT.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-01 00:05:41  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Has there been any testing done in the ilvl era for how high monster attributes are? Preferably 135+ content VIT.
yes however it seems kind of all over the place/ not posted. I know a bunch of eva/def got posted awhile back but base stats were a bit lacking
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-01 00:09:03  
clearlyamule said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
yes however it seems kind of all over the place/ not posted. I know a bunch of eva/def got posted awhile back but base stats were a bit lacking

Yeah I've seen the evasion numbers (linked as a source on bgwiki) but I'm specifically trying to figure out if I cap fSTR or not on my THF WS.
 Bahamut.Yubers
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Yubers 2018-05-01 04:35:11  
Bahamut seems to be very quiet these days. Are there are active EU linkshells about now (social or otherwise), or are there any active on other servers?

Discount campaign coming up soon, so I may consider switching servers.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 13:25:54  
So, something weird is happening, wonder if anyone has seen this one before.

Every time I speak to an NPC that buys/sells I cannot sell anything. Talk to them again right after, and it's all good.

It has to be related to the prize powder lua. When it buys, the item list is not actually filling with items. Its buying and selling without populating the inventory causing an npc glitch? Or something like that?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-01 14:11:34  
It has to be related to the prize powder lua. When it buys, the item list is not actually filling with items. Its buying and selling without populating the inventory causing an npc glitch? Or something like that?

The server is very slow to update your inventory, so what's happening here is:

You buy 80 stacks instantaneously, server starts talking.
Server says your inventory is being updated and tells client not to display it until it's finished updating.
Server says you have 1 stack in slot 1.
Server says you have 2 stacks in slots 1-2.
Server says you have 3 stacks in slots 1-3.
etc.
Server says you have 35 stacks in slots 1-35.
You sell the NPC 80 stacks.
Server continues to update your inventory, fixing inaccuracies from the beginning.
Server says you have 34 stacks in slots 2-35.
Server says you have 33 stacks in slots 3-35.
etc.
Server says you have 0 stacks.
Server finally sees it's told you the current up to date inventory and says to go ahead and display it.

This happens with bellhop, packer, organizer, pretty much anything sending item manipulation packets quickly. You can move 80 items in a single 350ms communication, but it'll take the server up to 10 seconds to tell you they've been moved. The server does keep an accurate list and there's nothing to worry about as long as you aren't trusting the client when you shouldn't be.

tldr; Inventory falling behind isn't related to whatever you're experiencing. I don't have that issue on Ashita with bellhop, it may be something to do with selling out of range of the NPC or the way the packets are sent.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 14:29:42  
What I'm seeing is not the thing josiah is talking about, i know about that issue.

What I'm getting is; selling 100k accolades, zone, fill up again. Come back, try to sell (anything) to an npc, unable to do so.

Talk to the npc again, it's fine.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-01 14:48:29  
Are ISNM 3000s level capped to 75?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-01 15:09:20  
What I'm getting is; selling 100k accolades, zone, fill up again. Come back, try to sell (anything) to an npc, unable to do so.

Talk to the npc again, it's fine.

Are you selling while standing at accolades npc instead of running to the npc you're selling to? It could be a counter measure of some sort, since you can technically sell to NPC in any zone anywhere. A limit of sales that resets on zone/talking to NPC would inhibit afk farmers from npcing as they go. Just speculation though, I've never seen it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 15:18:56  
Yeah, running a //buy //sell //buy //sell //buy //sell script at the accolades npc.

it would be really inefficient to move back and forth 'close enough' to the sell npc every time and defeat the whole purpose u_u

It's never been an issue before so was wondering if it became a volume issue instead of a distance issue. since before I was just getting keys, way too inefficient to get prize powders manually.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-01 15:28:35  
It's not 'really inefficient', it still takes under 5 minutes to cash out. But, it does appear you may have run into a countermeasure associated with what you're doing. I would proceed carefully, since if it is a countermeasure it's highly possible it's being logged.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-02 14:50:26  
DirectX said: »
Is there any reason you couldn't just use a MNK or two to punch Fu to death with a GEO and a WHM cure bombing?

No. It would work perfectly fine.

The only difference between a whm/dnc and a war (and everything in between) is time it takes to do it.

(Did you know? Gambanteinn has the highest rated mainhand DPS in the game?)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-05-02 15:27:24  
Is there any reason you couldn't just use a MNK or two to punch Fu to death with a GEO and a WHM cure bombing?

Fu can be done with any melee, you don't specifically need a mnk.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-05-03 02:20:50  
But would MNK be a good choice? Maybe THF NIN too?

Afania said: »
Fu can be done with any melee
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-03 07:58:25  
Optimally you use a proper MDT set and nothing does significant damage and all jobs are roughly equal except time spent killing.

Properly used, there really is no real difference how you do it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-03 08:03:10  
Optimal is bringing 1 RNG and killing it in 3 minutes or less while using full buffs and landing 99k coros and 99k darknesses.

MNK is probably optimal for 4-5manning kin, but besides that it's just another option.
First Page 2 3 ... 537 538 539 ... 843 844 845