Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 595 596 597 ... 831 832 833
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-06-01 19:28:29  
Well what NM are you talking about here?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-01 20:01:27  
Has anyone quantified the potency of Kei's slow aura? Trying to figure out how much haste I'll need from other sources to push through the aura.
By ryukin182 2019-06-01 21:04:26  
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »

Warder of fortitude, no hate reset
 Asura.Meliorah
サーバ: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-01 22:19:57  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Has anyone quantified the potency of Kei's slow aura? Trying to figure out how much haste I'll need from other sources to push through the aura.

Its not Aura it procs on wind spikes damage. Soul Voice Honor March and Victory March is enough to overcome it, if soul voice is not an option indi haste is required to get back to haste cap.

ryukin182 said: »
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »

Warder of fortitude, no hate reset

If you're not using something like murasamemaru then you're going to have a hard time DD tanking that guy. Aggros hard to build.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-06-01 22:58:21  
Requiescat also works. Outside of that, just use a Trust tank if you're going to go on THF.
[+]
 Asura.Zulaern
user: Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-06-03 07:57:09  
I am struggling big time with One to be Feared phantom gem fight. I'm only doing it on Difficult and Omega is kicking my ***. I sometimes can win, but most of the time I don't and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as I've tried lots of different ways. So far I've tried -

BLU/WAR with an emphasis on defense. Defense food, defensive BLU spells, -DT gear.

COR/NIN - I used AAEV and Gallant's Roll (defense) and Samurai roll. I was SC'ing with myself but it wasn't doing tons of damage which is probably why I didn't pull hate for once, instead of doing normal Savage spam. When I try Savage spam I just pull off the tank. I have tried this in -DT gear without a tank too.

Lesser tried jobs, RUN and WAR.

My trusts I almost always use Apururu (UC), Joachim, and then I've been trying different things. Koru-Moru and King of Hearts both, Ulmia, Qultada, Cherukiki. I can't find a combo that works every time.

If I'm on BLU, I pull Omega away and tank by myself away from the trusts. This is good because they don't get hit by AOE but it's bad because sub 40% ish when Omega starts spamming Pile Pitch (95% hp, hate reset, BIND) Omega starts running all over the *** place and if I'm bound and provoke is on CD I have trouble getting him back sometimes.

If I have a tank trust, I have a hard time getting my dumb *** tank and other trusts not to all stand on top of each other. I think this has to do with the area being small. This leads to all my trusts eating the Hyper Pulse AOE, my healers burning through their mana like crazy.

I also don't think there's anything that can be done about it, but the en-stun or whatever Omega has is completely obnoxious. I spend half the fight stunned.

I think I have the gear to do this and I have done it before, but I'm looking for consistency. This fight is driving me insane. Omega's damage and constant CC is insane. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-03 08:32:58  
If you're using tank trusts, run forward without being engaged and get to what you feel is your safe spot, then engage and your tank trust should be in a good position.

That fight is best done with a tank and a sub tank DD or two DD that can take a hit and push out damage for high hate. Or a single dd that can chunk it down with high damage + self sc.

Alternatively you could ask for help, if I were home I'd do the fight with you xD unless its a matter of 'I gotta do this my way' then more power to you :P
 Asura.Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-06-03 08:45:50  
At this point, it's more of a pride thing. I should be able to consistently beat this fight.

I do run to the one side without engaging and then have my tank take it. But for whatever reason it doesn't seem like the other trusts like to get away like they normally would. I kept assuming it was something goofy with their AI in the small area.

What trust do people use that can somewhat hold hate? I've used mainly AAEV but as COR I seem to pull nonstop. I have the leveled up trusts and nearly every trust. Tank trusts just feel bad to me.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-03 08:58:26  
For that fight there's really nothing you can do about AoE except heal it.

Sel'thus is my go-to. He's vitally important for that kinda ***. Him and Arciela I. Tank trusts are ***. They are completely useless at everything unless you purposely sandbag. It's good to have one just for hate resets though, I guess. But they won't actually tank it.

Sel'thus tp move is aoe heal and gives mp to the whole party. use him for basically anything I can't just faceroll if I solo it for some reason.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-06-03 09:38:45  
Trust tank on that, to me, is more about giving Omega a next target down the list when you get hit with Pile Pitch, not so much for keeping hate full time. With HTBs and UNMs, tanking outside of being top DD is unlikely anyway due to the old zone mechanics.

An advantage with BLU is that you can stun him - he likes to TP on pull, which can end up starting the fight off in a bad place (can easily wipe trust WHMs off the bat). Getting Discharger off will mean Shock Spikes that slow the whole fight down. That sort of thing.
You may do better setting up more for offense on BLU, in order to drop him faster. Good to play things safer once Pile Pitch is unlocked, but drawing the fight out otherwise will just make it harder.
 Asura.Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-06-03 10:19:08  
So what kind of trust setup would you recommend?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-03 10:32:12  
For soloing it August Ulmia Arci I Selh'teus Yoran never let me down, but I was on thf/nin so it was easy to force august to tank and SArudra drops it before it's an issue.
By Nariont 2019-06-03 10:54:24  
always went with the above, just rep yoran with ygnas, would sometimes drop august for sylvie to speed run times as BLU. omega will generally eat 3~4 good lunge stuns before becoming really resistant, in that amount of time hes dead unless things went south
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-03 11:15:45  
the fights cake on D on blu/war. Just keep spamming Sudden Lunge when ever it comes un stunned. Generally you can get both forms down to 50% before the first stun even wears off. Occulation does wonders blocking moves if he comes unstunned mid ws and saves your *** if he gets a pile drive off. Keep barrier tusk and cocoon up full time. and face them away from the trusts. Joachim/Ulmia/Qultada/apu or yoran/ and 5th trust w.e you want really.
By Afania 2019-06-03 11:40:44  
Asura.Zulaern said: »
I am struggling big time with One to be Feared phantom gem fight. I'm only doing it on Difficult and Omega is kicking my ***. I sometimes can win, but most of the time I don't and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as I've tried lots of different ways. So far I've tried -

BLU/WAR with an emphasis on defense. Defense food, defensive BLU spells, -DT gear.

COR/NIN - I used AAEV and Gallant's Roll (defense) and Samurai roll. I was SC'ing with myself but it wasn't doing tons of damage which is probably why I didn't pull hate for once, instead of doing normal Savage spam. When I try Savage spam I just pull off the tank. I have tried this in -DT gear without a tank too.

Lesser tried jobs, RUN and WAR.

My trusts I almost always use Apururu (UC), Joachim, and then I've been trying different things. Koru-Moru and King of Hearts both, Ulmia, Qultada, Cherukiki. I can't find a combo that works every time.

If I'm on BLU, I pull Omega away and tank by myself away from the trusts. This is good because they don't get hit by AOE but it's bad because sub 40% ish when Omega starts spamming Pile Pitch (95% hp, hate reset, BIND) Omega starts running all over the *** place and if I'm bound and provoke is on CD I have trouble getting him back sometimes.

If I have a tank trust, I have a hard time getting my dumb *** tank and other trusts not to all stand on top of each other. I think this has to do with the area being small. This leads to all my trusts eating the Hyper Pulse AOE, my healers burning through their mana like crazy.

I also don't think there's anything that can be done about it, but the en-stun or whatever Omega has is completely obnoxious. I spend half the fight stunned.

I think I have the gear to do this and I have done it before, but I'm looking for consistency. This fight is driving me insane. Omega's damage and constant CC is insane. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Htbc has different hate mechanic from newer zones. So trust or not no tank can keep hate off DD unless tank dps themselves.

That being said, I've successfully let tank hold hate in htbc on cor before using wildfire + enmity- set. So if WF works on this NM then it may be worth a try.

The reason why you weren't pulling hate before but immediately pull hate with savage is likely reduced enmity from magical ws.

To deal with hate reset, many /nin spells generate significant amount of enmity.

Kurayami/hojo/dokuromi/jubaku generates 240 VE 80 CE. cast them in high enmity+ set allows you to get hate back. Very useful for cor solos.

Carry a few tools for these spells allow you to rotate them and always get hate back if one spell is on recast when reset happens.

If your trust has MP issue, change trust combo like others mentioned. If it's still not enough, give them evokers roll 1st then run out, use DD roll on yourself.

Hope these helps, gl.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-03 12:03:18  
Afania said: »
To deal with hate reset, many /nin spells generate significant amount of enmity.

Kurayami/hojo/dokuromi/jubaku generates 240 VE 80 CE. cast them in high enmity+ set allows you to get hate back. Very useful for cor solos.
Is that something you've recently observed? Cause those enmity values were last updated on BG wiki in 2012(I've only checked Kurayami Ichi so far)

And there was an update in 2013 that nerfed the enmity for almost all spells. Including ninjutsu.
Quote:
The amount of static enmity accrued by using the following spells and abilities has been reduced:

Ninjutsu

Monomi: Ichi / Aisha: Ichi / Utsusemi: Ichi / Utsusemi: Ni / Jubaku: Ichi /
Hojo: Ichi / Hojo: Ni / Kurayami: Ichi / Kurayami: Ni / Dokumori: Ichi /
Myoshu: Ichi / Yurin: Ichi / Kakka: Ichi / Migawari: Ichi
It doesn't appear that these were ever retested. Or at least if they were the new values didn't make it to the wiki. I'll see if I can find time to retest at least one when I get home.
[+]
By Afania 2019-06-03 13:12:05  
No, I have never test the values so I just assume wiki is correct.

I guess that explains why hate is a bit thin when I attempted to pull mob with it in ambu.

But this strategy occasionally works when I solo and mob goes to back line trusts. So it's probably worth trying anyways. Otherwise the only other tool that I can think of will be flash/stun and such.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-06-03 15:48:09  
Question regarding how to gear for weaponskills; How do I determine what gear to use for different weaponskills?
I figure, MAB for magical WSs unless they are hybrid. Magic Accuracy if i want to land WSs' additional effects better. And BG wiki has the stats associated with different WS.
But how do i determine if a WS is better suited for fotia gear? or if I need to use multi attack or WSD?
 Asura.Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-06-03 16:08:37  
Cop out answer, but look at guide's for each job. They will have gearsets listed for most used WS's. If you really wanted, you could go and looked at the WS properties for each WS and build a set based around it, but people have already done that work and it exists in the gearsets posted in the guides and most are up to date.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-03 16:24:01  
Afania said: »
No, I have never test the values so I just assume wiki is correct.

I guess that explains why hate is a bit thin when I attempted to pull mob with it in ambu.

But this strategy occasionally works when I solo and mob goes to back line trusts. So it's probably worth trying anyways. Otherwise the only other tool that I can think of will be flash/stun and such.
Depending on how the hate reset works.. the best thing to do might be a cure cheat. <,<

If this is the type of reset that leaves you on the hate list, but resets your values, then a self targeted action to spike enmity would be valid.

If it removes you from the hate list entirely, then you'd need to tag the mob again first. And a nin spell would work just fine to tag when flash is down. So Kurayami: Ni to tag, then drop a cure cheat. I don't have hard numbers on hand, but even a cure3 cheat should be a significantly larger spike in CE/VE than those pre-nerf ninjustu values.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-03 18:28:10  
I'm more interested in what main/sub combo you're thinking of that has access to the two but wouldn't be easier to do something else, this also kind of assumes whatever is trying to reestablish hate isn't engaged because auto attacks would put them back on hate list if it just wiped them off the list.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-03 19:10:18  
Damn forum ate my post. /sigh.

Anyway. Yes, the cures and ninjutsu thought wouldn't apply the situation that post.(and upon reflection probably applies exactly nowhere in actual play.) I was paying more attention to the ninjutsu enmity bit than the original post and tossed that out there as an after thought. I think I went PLD brain since it was about enmity. So by all means, disregard. I mean, you could just panacea bind off then go hit the thing. <,<;

Anyway, my ninjutsu enfeeble enmity retests are done so I'll be posting those in a minute.
By Afania 2019-06-03 19:12:27  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I mean, you could just panacea bind off then go hit the thing. <,<;

They dont have to, blu has dart and cor has qd/ranged attack. They can hit the thing either way ;)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-03 19:14:59  
Retested the Ninjustu enfeebles available to /NIN. The high level ones are officially someone else's problem.

Kurayami:Ichi, Kurayami: Ni, Jubaku: Ichi, Hojo: Ichi, and Dokumori: Ichi are all 20 CE now. That's pretty bad as enmity tools go. Didn't quantify VE, but it's very low.

EDIT: I went back and retested for VE. When casting Kurayami with a 121 CE gap between characters the mob did not turn at all. At 120 gap it did turn for a second. Subtract the known CE value of 20 and we get 100 VE. I think it's reasonable to assume the rest are the same.
[+]
By geigei 2019-06-04 06:21:57  
How to save auto-disconnect OFF with multi pol logins? using the .bat method and this is the only setting that resets everytime.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-04 06:42:53  
Someone tell me what's the secret to Cursna us on Bastok_Divergence runs.
We normally average 0.75 Volte drops per run in Divergence areas.
Leaning to say 1 volte per run. We basically come out with at least 1 volte >90% of the times.

That is EXCEPT BLOODY BASTOK.
8 runs with no drops, in a row.

SOMEONE CURSNA ME.
TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-04 07:34:09  
I went to edit the ninjutsu pages that I test enmity for and kept staring at that VE value... So I tested that too. Looks like 100 VE.

Edited VE test into my original post so I can have 1 reference link.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-04 07:38:11  
Asura.Sechs said: »
TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.

Desire sensor, start wanting other zones more instead, bastok will rain down
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2019-06-06 07:51:05  
It's been a hell of a long time since I've played, and while I looked, I didn't see any mention of what mods banish / holy have, aside from divine magic. My line of thinking is that they would be affected by magic attack + and maybe MND or VIT. Can anyone shed some light on this?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-06-06 11:22:44  
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
It's been a hell of a long time since I've played, and while I looked, I didn't see any mention of what mods banish / holy have, aside from divine magic. My line of thinking is that they would be affected by magic attack + and maybe MND or VIT. Can anyone shed some light on this?
ΔMND increases Mdmg in an identical fashion as ΔINT.
Divine Magic Skill contributes to Macc, as does MND in the same way that Elemental Magic Skill and INT contribute to Macc.
I dunno where you got VIT from.
And then the standard magic damage factors all contribute as normal: Mdmg increases base damage, MAB is a soft multiplier, Maff is a hard multiplier, weather bonus, day bonus, etc.

They suck though due to their long cast times and low base damage compared to the same level of BLM nukes.
The only exception is Holy and Holy 2. Which sorta have shitty damage compared to BLM's Ancient Magics.... but with Divine Emblem PLD can make those almost comparable.
Almost...
First Page 2 3 ... 595 596 597 ... 831 832 833