Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 651 652 653 ... 836 837 838
By ryukin182 2020-06-15 19:52:13  
ryukin182 said: »
Stupid question as i'm high and don't know if its been asked yet, since seal campaign is 1-6, if 6 ppl in party, would TH make more drop? Getting a lot of single drops, j'w if it would help

Just for an update after 4 days of testing, TH DOES effect more seals dropping in this event. More than a little bit too.
By pawnoee 2020-06-15 19:52:22  
asuraasrial said: »
Do I need to do the real Vagary to get reforged Empy +1 gear or can I do the bosses only route?

bosses only route
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-15 20:40:12  
Is there a good trust to pair with Ygnas to help him with MP? Apururu could restore her MP pretty handily, but ever since I switched to Sylvie I've had multiple times where my trusts ran out of MP and couldn't heal me.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-15 21:12:58  
Monberaux, Selh'teus, and/or Arciela
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 21:37:36  
IIRC August + Arciela + Ygnas have a double synergy (aka, 2 MP icons). Gonna check it soon but i think this is a strong combo. If you arent taking too much dmg, your party can go on for hours.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-16 05:02:33  
Lunar wyrm memento
Great Dhalmel memento
Jumbotender memento

Any good ones I'm missing from memento? I like the Lunar Wyrm but I also like the move speed on jumbotender. What do people use?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-16 05:36:29  
I swapped to jumbotender aeons ago and kept it every since.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-06-16 07:44:36  
Draylo said: »
Lunar wyrm memento
Great Dhalmel memento
Jumbotender memento

Any good ones I'm missing from memento? I like the Lunar Wyrm but I also like the move speed on jumbotender. What do people use?

Green Wyvern has +1% Haste
Behemoth/King Behemoth has +2% Attack
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-16 08:42:41  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Is there a good trust to pair with Ygnas to help him with MP? Apururu could restore her MP pretty handily, but ever since I switched to Sylvie I've had multiple times where my trusts ran out of MP and couldn't heal me.

Arciela 1 will unlock Ygnas having an Auto Refresh (3/tic at 99; unsure if scales lower when you're a lower level) aura around him. Arciela 1 also uses AoE HP restoration move "Illustrious Aid" to help with healing.

Pair that with the Jumbotender's always-on Cheer effect from Mog Garden that gives trusts Auto Refresh of 3/tic (As well as +7% Capacity point bonus, 2% movement speed, and Auto-Regen of 5/tic). The Auto-Regen + Auto-Refresh affect trusts only. They don't apply to you directly.

If that isn't enough MP for you, try bringing out Selh'teus. He uses unique weaponskill Rejuvenation in response to the player taking a hit that depletes them to at least yellow HP or when the player is asleep. Restores HP, MP, TP to the entire party. Used every 30 seconds. Very nice.

Finally, if you're really hurting for MP after all of that, Iroha II can use "Rise from the Ashes" often to restore HP as well.

If you can't stay alive with all of that, it may be time to look into finding help from a competent White Mage.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-16 08:53:38  
RDM trusts will cast Refresh II on the healer. Not sure if Arciela does it on Ygnas, tipically Arciela 1 casts buffs only on herself and the player, and she's unique as in she will cast buffs that normally get cast on players according to their job.

For instance Koru-Moru doesn't cast Refresh on certain jobs and doesn't cast haste2 on others.
But he will cast Refresh2 on healers, it might take some time though, since Koru has so many things he can do in his priority list.

King Of Hearts is a mixture of Koru and Arciela. He will cast some spells on other party members according to their jobs, but cast everything he can on whomever has currently hate from the current target.

Arciela II is, I dunno, never really experimented too much with her because sometimes she gets stuck too long in her "DD mode" and takes forever to reapply buffs.
When she doesn't do that, she's nice because she has an Enhancing Magic Duration bonus.

Oh one more thing about RDM trusts.
Koru will tend to not overwrite a Haste1 with Haste2, I think KoH is the same and probably Arciela II too.
Arciela 1 is unique as she will always cast Haste2 on whomever summoned her, no matter if he has Haste1 on or no haste at all.
This made her a really nice RDM to use with Apururuu as WHM. For the same reason Korumoru was probably a bad choice if you wanted to be sure to always have H2 on and not H1.
Since Ygnas is a whm who casts haste himself, I think the same things I just said for Apururu apply to him as well.
[+]
By Zyphira 2020-06-16 19:51:20  
How useful is SCH these days? I'm trying to figure out a main job but don't want to be one of the "over-saturated" ones like COR and GEO but still wanna be useful. Was also thinking DNC.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-16 20:12:15  
Niche, but when he can do the work, he can do it well.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-16 20:14:40  
SCH is probably one of those jobs you can't play 100% of the time, but when it truly is needed, nothing matches it. Its extremely potent and has unique benefits for some setups, but in the most traditional setups it often just "gets by" pretending to be a whm or the like.

But- like I said, when its needed NOTHING can replace it, so its a great tool to have in your arsenal if you like it.
[+]
By Zyphira 2020-06-16 20:30:48  
Perfect, thanks

I think between SCH, DNC, and RDM I'll probably have my bases covered
By Pantafernando 2020-06-16 23:28:04  
Sup

Random question but if im on THF trying to tag TH on multiples mobs like sleepga. Is the sleepga enough to tag full TH on all mobs or is there any penalty to this?

Thanks in advance
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-17 07:21:58  
As long as u got full TH in your midcast, should be fine.
On a similar note, you have to take some sorta action to apply the TH, cant second hand it by, for example, casting cure on a tank/blu that has hate on everything.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-17 17:19:40  
With LightLuggage you chould say if item isn't "whatever" pass, so it would pass everything except that item. Which was great.

Is there a way to do this with treasury?
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-06-18 02:21:38  
What's the lowest amount of people can win Dynamis Wave 3, 6 or 7?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-18 11:53:19  
I'm sure everybody knows that "Atma of the Dread" gives a special TH bonus that allows you to break the TH4 cap for non-THF jobs.
If you have that Atma and TH4 in gear, you can actually reach TH5 even if in theory the cap is TH4.

The same doesn't happen on THF main.
Even if you have that Atma and TH8 in gear, the cap remains TH8 and Atma of the Dread doesn't make it TH9.

You can see this because the first upgrade you get is TH9. If the Atma worked to break the cap, the first upgrade you would see would be TH10.

Personally I didn't know this second part until yesterday, thought someone else might want to know.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-06-18 19:22:53  
Can you hold multiple Malformed KIs, like you get one, gather your points again, and get a second, and the kill the NMs a single time to get credit on both?

Or can you cancel you progress on one, and switch to a different one to restart.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-06-18 19:26:54  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Can you hold multiple Malformed KIs, like you get one, gather your points again, and get a second, and the kill the NMs a single time to get credit on both?

Or can you cancel you progress on one, and switch to a different one to restart.

You can't hold multiple, but you can abandon progress and obtain a different one.
By Wotasu 2020-06-18 19:27:47  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Q1: No.
Q:2 Yes, Goblin will let you end the current KI w/o refunds.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-18 19:30:40  
Triple check which KI youre buying as there is no system check if youre buying a KI for an aeonic you already own. I did it once. Save your beads/work.
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-21 12:47:34  

Hm, should I allow him to take my scroll of Voidstorm schema...
It's only TH1. Think I'll just drop a void crystal.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-06-21 16:01:19  
What is a good NM or high level mob with tons of HP and def but manageable offensive moves? I want to do a lot of WS comparisons without having to change targets much or at all. Something like a puk but not as weak that I could heal would be good too.

Secondly, could I just get a low level weapon but make sure to cap attack and get the same comparison results I would with 119 weapon? Not sure how weapon damage would skew the WSD formula if at all. As long as my WS are doing in the thousands I feel comparisons could be performed so I am producing enough digits.

If I cannot cut corners with weapon damage that is fine.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-06-21 16:19:58  
as long as you're just doing comparisons and don't need to factor out the pdt, use https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Broxa
By Pantafernando 2020-06-21 16:45:31  
You can use wildeskeeper reives for testing. Tchakka and hurkan the best suited as the rest can slow you down by shadows, encumberance, terror, doom, etc. or grab an apex mob. Wk would be easier to target though.

About the ws dmg, here is the formula

Melee WS Base Damage = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + fSTR + WSC ) × fTP)

So, a lv1 weapon affect the 2 firsts terms.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-06-21 18:28:25  
Great ideas guys thanks. I had forgotten about Broxa completely. I should be good with a low level weapon on WKR but may not get enough variance on Broxa so I'll try both!
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2020-06-21 18:56:12  
Any tips to reduce lag multiboxing? I use /hidetrusts, disabled shadows and weather, turned min mapping to 1 and turned off bump mapping, and use the DirectX 8 fix.

The only thing I know that I'm not doing is using a program to direct a CPU core at my main character. If anyone has a safe source for that, that should help.

Otherwise, anything I'm missing? The above has helped quite a bit, but there's still more lag than I'd like with four characters.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-21 19:57:11  
Are you using dgvoodoo and are you using the dedicated graphic card to run the game?
First Page 2 3 ... 651 652 653 ... 836 837 838