Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 712 713 714 ... 846 847 848
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-25 11:20:11  
Definitely random, is there a way to packet deactivate aftermath? Probably not, it can't be manually clicked off, but who knows.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-25 11:23:10  
Best you can do is take your weapon off and put it back on, with packets it can be done instantly but it's still going to cost your tp.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-08-27 00:55:39  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
Asura.Topace said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
also one more thing from ambu whats the max pay out of alex i can get
2600 when alex is in gallentry
1750 when its not.
wait you saying i can only buy 1750 from hallmarks?
Reset every month, so 1750 per month and an extra 875 when Gallantry has it every 3rd month.
Dont forget you can sell the Heavy Metal Plates/Cinders/Dross/H-P Bayld etc each month too, to fund buying Bazaar Alex.
I need to keep an eye on all that cuss i want to farm next to nothing and buy next to nothing if i can help it.

farm little buy little anyway i can off set a little i will
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-08-27 00:56:01  
each 1775 alex btw is 5.2mil saved so ya
By Starbucks 2021-08-27 02:46:12  
Can you kill Gin on THF with trusts? I have been seriously contemplating the feasibility of it.
By SimonSes 2021-08-27 03:40:35  
Starbucks said: »
Can you kill Gin on THF with trusts? I have been seriously contemplating the feasibility of it.

Easily. Midbosses are harder than Gin imo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sevir
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rinuko
By Bahamut.Sevir 2021-08-28 06:24:02  
I'm a returning player and was curious if PLD a good job to solo with or should I just level RUN?

I dunno if I want to get into endgame asap since I play this pretty casually but solo duties for gear progression and doing missions and such
By SimonSes 2021-08-28 07:23:43  
Bahamut.Sevir said: »
I'm a returning player and was curious if PLD a good job to solo with or should I just level RUN?

I dunno if I want to get into endgame asap since I play this pretty casually but solo duties for gear progression and doing missions and such

FFXIV avatar. "duties". Summer child spotted :D

Joking aside, both PLD and RUN are similar for PUG parties now for Ambuscade or Odyssey farming. Before you get bis gear, RUN has probably much more damage and much more magic evasion (Naegling sword and Nyame/Sakpata sets evens this out later), which greatly helps in most dated high level content, because debuffs and high magic damage when playing solo is a problem. On the other hand PLD can easily cure Trusts with AoE cures.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sevir
By Bahamut.Sevir 2021-08-28 07:53:55  
SimonSes said: »
FFXIV avatar. "duties". Summer child spotted :D
XD
FF14 been keeping me busy but FF11 always brings me back few times every couple years... game so different though.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-08-29 07:26:21  
Bahamut.Sevir said: »

as a proud pld i will tell you if your going to solo its going to be RUN if your matching PLD vs RUN
 Bahamut.Sevir
By Bahamut.Sevir 2021-08-30 06:35:35  
Another question, is it possible to solo a mythic weapon start to finish?
By Pantafernando 2021-08-30 07:34:29  
Eventually you will find that some tasks are too much easier just by doing in duos or trios like few assaults, token farm, ichors, but i dont think there is any hardcoded restriction to solos to complete all steps to mythics
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-08-30 09:06:55  
I think tokens are the big one that I would hate to do 150k of solo. The rest of it is no big deal, but tokens are only bearable (and actually fun to me) with a party
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-30 09:32:31  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I think tokens are the big one that I would hate to do 150k of solo. The rest of it is no big deal, but tokens are only bearable (and actually fun to me) with a party

Pretty much this. Einherjar and Assaults are mostly faster solo if you know what you're doing(so much of it is running that any speed gain from grouping is likely going to be negated by coordinating times, assembling group, afks, etc).

Nyzul can be drastically improved by having more breathing bodies there(though unfortunately, having stupid people can make it worse on lamp floors).
 Bahamut.Sevir
By Bahamut.Sevir 2021-08-30 13:52:06  
I see, so most of it just matter of efficiency and some parts that is encourged to group up?
By DaneBlood 2021-08-30 14:44:52  
just checking o got my math right

WS bonus on mythic weapons are
- seperate multiplier
- covers all swings

WS bonus from augmnets on weapons are
- another seperate multiplier
- Covers all swings

WSD on gear
- added together but seperate from above
- covers only first swing

so in total there are 3 different multiplier og "WSD".
1 from gear.
2 hidden stat
3 augment
 Sylph.Ticktick
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-08-30 15:04:24  
I think 3 is really more like single WS modification, which covers the augments on REMA and the quested WS boosts on ambuscade weapons.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-30 15:33:48  
I think (could be wrong) generic WSD applies just to the first hit while specific WSD (like bonus to Leaden Salute, bonus to Evisceration) gives a multiplier to final dmg, thus being stronger while being very restricted.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-30 15:35:08  
But like everything in this game, the list of “follows X-rules” should have the same size of list of “exceptions”
By DaneBlood 2021-08-30 16:32:21  
Pantafernando said: »
I think (could be wrong) generic WSD applies just to the first hit while specific WSD (like bonus to Leaden Salute, bonus to Evisceration) gives a multiplier to final dmg, thus being stronger while being very restricted.

That is what I believe testing has shown as well (with the exception when SE messed up and had gear WSD give bonus to all hit and had to fix it)

But like everything in this game, the list of “follows X-rules” should have the same size of list of “exceptions”

Consistency is not on SE vocabulary lol

Anyway om hoping for someone that cant point towards some certanity or test material
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-09-03 02:01:29  
Is there any solid justification for choosing Nyame A path over B? I'm particularly interested in jobs that might get the most use out of certain A path pieces.

Unlikely that I'd do anything but 5/5 Nyame B on my main, which has all of the physical DD/tank jobs. Even if one job doesn't need a particular B piece, I have others that will want it.

Intrigued by the possibilities for my alt though, where I'd mainly be picking for just two jobs: Bard (RMEA and pretty much all of the relevant DD gear, minus Volte & Crepuscular Dagger) and Red Mage (Crocea Mors r25 and solid gear, though still lacking a few Malignance pieces). Aside from those, alt has WHM BLM SMN SCH GEO (I don't care about mage melee on them) and a COR that's normally used for rolls only. I wouldn't prioritize any of those for choosing Nyame augment.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-03 02:35:45  
Im not sure what gear ranged jobs uses for tp nowadays but path A seems like an increase in dmg for all shots while maintaining high stp, though a little less PDL over malignance, at least the extra chunk of attack should help for that PDL itself. Others job with higher white dmg output could fall in this category too.

But i guess overall those ranged jobs could benefit more from the WSD in the end as they dont relies that much on multihits WS with low ftp, what would be the second use case.

I guess the path is a nice style alternative. While not “superior”, its different, and i guess its strength comes from that.
By SimonSes 2021-09-03 03:06:16  
Im not sure what gear ranged jobs uses for tp nowadays but path A seems like an increase in dmg for all shots while maintaining high stp, though a little less PDL over malignance, at least the extra chunk of attack should help for that PDL itself. Others job with higher white dmg output could fall in this category too.

I think you missed Ikenga set existence :)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-03 03:48:20  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Is there any solid justification for choosing Nyame A path over B?
It's a bliss for jobs who don't have access to Malignance, and that's it imho.
Nyame A is slightly different pros and cons compared to Malignance but I think they pretty much cover the same role.

For BRD, it's a noticeable increase in terms of DPS throughput, check it on the spreadsheet.
It also offers pros in terms of survivability, given how your TP set is likely the set you're gonna spend most of the time in, this is an important aspect if you ask me.

Then again, Nyame B is also a DPS increase for BRD.
Which DPS increase will be larger for you? Nyame A or Nyame B?
It depends on the gear you already have available but from my tests I'd dare to say that in the majority (all?) of situations, the DPS increase from Nyame B will outperform -often by far- the DPS increase of Nyame A.

But maybe you make a different use of BRD, where you use it only to open SCs for instance and the pure dps damage output of your opening WS is not particularly relevant for you, whereas the higher survivability and increased white DPS is?
I think this logic likely applies to any other job who's in the same situation, i.e. doesn't have access to Malignance for meleeing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-09-03 05:59:18  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is there any solid justification for choosing Nyame A path over B?
It's a bliss for jobs who don't have access to Malignance, and that's it imho.
Nyame A is slightly different pros and cons compared to Malignance but I think they pretty much cover the same role.

Probably also worth mentioning that several jobs other than those on Malignance also have great DT/hybrid TP options that make Nyame A a little less appealing. WAR PLD DRK have Sakpata, so they're set. DRG got left off of Sakpata, but does still have Hjarrandi Helm/Mail. SAM has some solid hybrid gear with Mpaca (PDT instead of DT, but still nice). WHM BRD have a decent hybrid option in Ayanmo (clearly doesn't match Nyame A for that purpose, but maybe good enough).

What about a Crocea Mors RDM? Anybody find Nyame A a bit more viable due to the base MAB helping that massive enspell damage? Would further enhance a build that's already pretty heavy on the white damage... though IDK that it would outweigh the loss of stronger Seraph/Sanguine Blades from the WSD (and MAB helps those WS too). And for physical WS, Savage will get an awful lot from Nyame B.

I'm still leaning B path for my BRD RDM alt. It's just a little bit of a harder call for me with those being really the only 2 jobs I'm using to decide, compared to the easy choice to go path B on my main DD character.
By SimonSes 2021-09-03 06:07:37  
Probably also worth mentioning that several jobs other than those on Malignance also have great DT/hybrid TP options that make Nyame A a little less appealing. WAR PLD DRK have Sakpata, so they're set. DRG got left off of Sakpata, but does still have Hjarrandi Helm/Mail. SAM has some solid hybrid gear with Mpaca (PDT instead of DT, but still nice). WHM BRD have a decent hybrid option in Ayanmo (worse than Nyame for that purpose, but not bad).

Lets be real, Hybrid sets those days require meva, not just DT. I would say they require meva more than DT even (especially in main slots, you can get a lot of PDT/DT in accessories, but not much meva). So DRG doesn't really have good options. Sacro body is good and Gleti's set is OKish, but still not high enough on meva. DRG main could definitely consider path A, especially in slots where you have WSD+10% JSE.

What about a Crocea Mors RDM? Anybody find Nyame A a bit more viable due to the base MAB helping that massive enspell damage? Would increase a build that's already pretty heavy on the white damage... though IDK that it would outweigh the loss of stronger Seraph/Sanguine Blades from the WSD (and MAB helps those WS too). And for physical WS, Savage will get an awful lot from Nyame B...

Enspell damage is not affected by mab
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-03 06:12:44  
I'm fine with all the things you mentioned up to Sakpata.
For SAM it's true you have Mpaca and Kendatsuba+1, together they offer similar pros to Malignance/Nyame A but it's not exactely the same and it's two separate sets, not one.

And Ayanmo, let's not mention Ayanmo please. Nowhere close to Nyame A alas.

Nyame A shines particularly for mage jobs on which you want to Melee. BRD, but also GEO and WHM, BLM, SCH, SMN. But meleeing is such a secondary role for these jobs*, is it even worth it to "sacrifice" Nyame for a path A?
After all, not like those same jobs wouldn't benefit from Nyame B themselves, because they totally would.

Quite secondary for BLM, SCH and SMN, I guess less for BRD, maybe for GEO and WHM too.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-09-03 06:14:55  
SimonSes said: »
Enspell damage is not affected by mab

Derp, I knew that but it always just feels like it should affect enspells to me :P Thanks for the correction, that prob helps make my choice a whole lot easier.

Asura.Sechs said: »
For SAM it's true you have Mpaca and Kendatsuba+1, together they offer similar pros to Malignance/Nyame A but it's not exactely the same and it's two separate sets, not one.

I'm plenty willing to deal with having to compromise somewhat on a SAM hybrid set and use pieces like Mpaca/Ken+1/AF+3 body, if that means getting to use Nyame for WS (especially considering how beastly Nyame B is for hybrid WS like Jinpu - where even the existing SAM WSD+10 pieces take a back seat).

Quote:
And Ayanmo, let's not mention Ayanmo please. Nowhere close to Nyame A alas.

Fair enough. I've always been somewhat happy that Ayanmo gives me a little bit of DT on solid BRD TP gear (I still use 3/5 Ayanmo on my standard BRD melee set, with Ashera and a very well augmented Chironic Slippers)... but yeah, you're right that Nyame really does blow it out of the water. That being said, no reason you can't still toss on a strong defensive TP set using some B path Nyame pieces if you're in a dangerous situation.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-03 06:38:27  
Bunzi should effectively replace Ayanmo except for maybe head and body if prioritizing dps over survivable it you for brd
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-09-03 07:32:01  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Bunzi should effectively replace Ayanmo except for maybe head and body if prioritizing dps over survivable it you for brd

Bunzi has not only better survivability than Ayanmo, but also better than Nyame (more DT and MDB at cost of lower DEF), so I have no idea why it's not in conversation in the first place.

Also head has store TP+5 augment and hands have 8%DA by default.
I would say BRD, WHM and SMN are covered for TP head and hands slots with Bunzi. I guess hands arent optimal for Carn AM3 or for WHM using KC offhand, but still.

Ashera covers BRD body slot for TP, tho it's not easy to get I guess.

Legs and Feet are the problem to get anything that cover DT, meva and some dd stats for mages tho. Outside of Nyame A ofc. That being said I would probably just use Nyame B and call it a day. They still have +5%DA in those 2 slots, which isn't much, but still something.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 712 713 714 ... 846 847 848