Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 852 853 854 ... 857 858 859
 Cerberus.Echohawk
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-07-20 13:10:32  
What NM do you suggest for farming crystal petrifacts? Based on my cell usage, Ig-alima averages about 1 per kill with capped lights. The empy items are nice, but I'd rather focus on just being done at this point.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-20 13:19:47  
None are really going to be better or worse, really just a matter of a mob you can kill faster. Only saving a few minutes total at best. Or, a mob that makes more gil etc so you can do 2 birds with one voidstone.

If the goal is pulse unlock, legions honors are significantly faster.
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
サーバ: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-07-20 13:25:56  
I'm already 100 petrifacts per character in, so I feel a little locked in. I chose vw over legion because I'm quad boxing, but maybe I shouldn't have.
I should have clarified I was looking for petrifcats/kill because igalima drops in like 10-15 sec w/o PD and more time is spent fiddling with the chest.
But you answered my question anyway, thanks!

About 400 opened boxes in and only 1 borealis, in case anyone needed to be reminded how poor those drops are.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-20 13:42:06  
If you go by the data at the time, Uptala/Qilin/Aello (if you can kill just as fast) might be an improvement.

http://ffxidb.com/items/3508

Still only going to save you maybe a half hour
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-20 14:36:00  
Quick question is the empyrean feets +3 for sam Worth making i see the PDL might be a good idea but for tp its better than ryu +1 feets? ooc attack 2wice?
By Taint 2024-07-20 14:38:26  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
Quick question is the empyrean feets +3 for sam Worth making i see the PDL might be a good idea but for tp its better than ryu +1 feets? ooc attack 2wice?

BiS for WS if you can use the PDL. You would not TP in them for any reason.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-20 14:40:02  
Taint said: »

BiS for WS if you can use the PDL.
ah ok thanks so use it for WS and tp on ryuo +1 is fine? i am using masamune zanshin build or could it even be better because of the set procs to use feet for tp as well
By Taint 2024-07-20 14:42:28  

ah so use it for WS and tp on ryuo +1 is fine?

Yes, TP in Ryuo+1 they are great. If you are at risk of a potent debuff you can swap to Kendatsuba+1 for meva.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-20 14:48:58  

ah ok thanks so use it for WS and tp on ryuo +1 is fine? i am using masamune zanshin build or could it even be better because of the set procs to use feet for tp as well
The key word was if you can make use of the extra PDL. Dont just slap it in your generic WS set.
By LightningHelix 2024-07-21 12:16:21  
What's the best solo job (with trusts) for Voidwatch proccing? Specifically in Provenance, since the campaign does not give you white procs there and I want the KIs.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-21 12:25:19  
Best solo job is to call someone else to not go solo against PW
[+]
By Dodik 2024-07-21 12:45:33  
LightningHelix said: »
What's the best solo job (with trusts) for Voidwatch proccing? Specifically in Provenance, since the campaign does not give you white procs there and I want the KIs.

Blm/brd will give the most chances at having the right spell for a proc solo.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2024-07-21 13:04:13  

Probably too much info but:

The 3 petrifacts for PW are 100% (if you are after those), and the other key items drop even without proc'ing(?) just lower chances? you may just be better of spamming them. The fights with the doom / gaze terror suck :( - I usually run cor and fight with my back to them and qd them down etc, turn only to ws.

You can use phase displacers there if you trade them outside to the trove.

Cor is a great job for pw solo fyi cause it can 1 shot the fetters if needed.
By Dodik 2024-07-21 14:18:05  
Can tell you right now, if you are going for periapt of exploration (faster voidstones), you need to proc white on both the NMs or you are wasting your time.

The odds are astronomically low without white procs, and VW campaign does not give those for Beguiling Radiance (Pil & Sarbaz fight).
By LightningHelix 2024-07-22 08:31:00  
Pantafernando said: »
Best solo job is to call someone else to not go solo against PW
While you're not wrong, it's not actually that bad with 5 phase displacers - I exploded it fairly quickly with Leaden Salute! It lived to spawn all of one fetter and all you have to do is use your brain to figure out if it's a Savage Blade one or a Leaden Salute one.

Problem is that while PW's 100%, the caturae fights are not.
Dodik said: »
Can tell you right now, if you are going for periapt of exploration (faster voidstones), you need to proc white on both the NMs or you are wasting your time.

The odds are astronomically low without white procs, and VW campaign does not give those for Beguiling Radiance (Pil & Sarbaz fight).
Yeah, this is exactly why I'm asking. Not only is it actually a worthwhile periapt (it's retroactive!) but it's a pain. Didn't know you had to proc both mobs, thank you very much for that because I would not have!

Will give blm a shot - but wouldn't blm/nin be more possible procs than blm/brd? Now that I'm looking at the table again, you get all the elemental: ni spells before 49 let alone MLs, right?
 Ragnarok.Lockethedark
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Lockethedark 2024-07-22 18:28:44  
Are there any fundamental rules for balancing multi-attack and Store TP in TP sets? Not really asking about a specific case since I encounter this issue when gearing up multiple jobs.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-22 18:37:08  
I always worked under the premise of 1stp = 1da < 1ta < 1qa
By LightningHelix 2024-07-22 22:08:05  
STP is very strong if it makes you WS in one less hit. STP is almost worthless if it does not. Go melee a random trash mob outside Adoulin, find out how many tp per hit you get, and figure out your need for STP appropriately.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-22 22:12:51  
Storetp is always strong, as long as the ws scales.

If you have some XA and some STP, raise the one that's lower if the options are comparable (1:1~2). As a generality.

Exceptions include mythic AM sets, KC sets, and warrior in general as 100% DA changes the rules.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-22 22:33:07  
STP is very strong if it makes you WS in one less hit. STP is almost worthless if it does not. Go melee a random trash mob outside Adoulin, find out how many tp per hit you get, and figure out your need for STP appropriately.

No amount of STP is "almost worthless" unless you're using a WS that doesn't scale with TP. Every single STP has value and has essentially the same value.

Also for a lot of jobs X-hit builds are entirely invalid because you multi-attack so often (and dual wield) that counting on hitting exactly 26 times is rather silly.

It's also strange to build an x-hit build based on your normal auto-attacks when you will realistically have Samurai Roll for a lot of content and the X-hit will depend on the result of the Samurai Roll.

It may have a place in some specific jobs' builds with specific weapons under specific conditions, but even that's a stretch.

I agree with the 1 STP = 1 DA, 2 STP = 1 TA, 3 STP = 1 QA, roughly. STP > QA > TA > DA gain more value the more higher-order MA you have. If you have 20 QA, TA and DA are less valuable. If you have 50 TA, DA is much less valuable. STP gets full (or more) value the more your higher-order MA goes up.
By Dodik 2024-07-23 07:29:33  
wouldn't blm/nin be more possible procs than blm/brd?

/nin is missing a light magic proc, which /brd has with magic finale.

/nin does have more spells per magic type though.

The procs can be one of any magic type and then one of any spell within that type. So either you miss an entire type, or have less chance to have the right spell for that type.

Toss up really. Just take one, proc both NMs and 99% will get KI if you do both procs.
By Kaffy 2024-07-23 07:52:08  
Don't forget you can /fume every 30 seconds with RoV KI to change the proc until you get something you can do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-07-23 08:51:50  
yeah but subbing ninja means you have to carry non-universal tools (6 of each type), which is automatically a downside. BLM/BRD is simpler.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-23 09:01:01  
It kind of depends how things are calculated, too. If the weakness is selected as a random proc out of (all procs), then the hint represents the already selected weakness, only thing that matters is number of procs. BRD gets 10(11 if ML50), NIN gets 18, so NIN is better. I believe this is the case, given how frequent BLM procs are.

If the weakness is selected based on a hint category, then a random weakness within that hint category is chosen, BRD would be slightly better. This is because BRD vs NIN have equal probability, but BRD sub covers 10-11/11 while NIN sub only covers 18/20.

SCH adds 9 and DRK adds 10, too.

It doesn't really matter that much, BLM with any sub should be able to white proc both in a few rounds of fumes. I'm not entirely convinced you need to proc both either, I believe each has their own associated KI drops and only one would be responsible for the periapt you want. But, without knowing which is which, probably easier to do both.
By Dodik 2024-07-23 09:10:26  
Not much hard data, but I think there is a percentage chance to get KI at the end and procs on the NMs increase that chance.

You get the KI at the coffer, not on killing NM. And I have proced only one about half a dozen times without getting KI while went 1/1 with both procs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-23 09:13:12  
You definitely want both. If it's not 0% without a proc, it's stupidly low.

And elemental magic is (almost?) always 100% in the proclist if not it will definitely come up fast, (monk and war work just fine too tbh, but its kinda easy to accidentally kill them meleeing) And, it can be a real pain in the balls to break shields on blm, your trust selection must be excellent.

Not the worst advice to only use 4 displacers as well, we've gotten very strong in (+)10 years
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2024-07-27 06:46:18  
Why can't I remove my mannequins from my mog house layout? It is grayed out even though no equipment is on them. It does have a pose though. Is it a bug?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 06:49:54  
Storage is full. Can't remove furniture if it will lower storage space below requirement.
By LightningHelix 2024-07-27 07:47:44  
Kaffy said: »
Don't forget you can /fume every 30 seconds with RoV KI to change the proc until you get something you can do.
Fun fact: while I can't prove it, it seems that this doesn't work on PW?

The others /fumed just fine, but PW seems to have the five-minute-timer even with Rhapsody in Mauve... or perhaps it doesn't even have fume mechanic at all and I just happened to fume when it was phase changing, because multiple fumes got me nothing and then I got exactly one swap? who the hell knows, not me, Google didn't have much documented on it.

thankfully I succeeded so I never need to go back.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-07-27 12:13:21  
I've finally got an Adamantite Armor (1/73!).
I've already found some uses here and there, wonder if anybody wants to share what they used it for, I might find some uses I've somehow missed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 852 853 854 ... 857 858 859