HomingMissiles Recruitment Open.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » HomingMissiles Recruitment Open.
HomingMissiles Recruitment Open.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-03 17:39:29  
I've been pretty casual in playing lately with law school and the way end game has been. However, in preparation for Legion, I am re-opening recruitment for HM LS.

Currently we are focusing on:

Arch Dynamis Lord for member's 99 relics.
Pandemonium Warden for 99 Mythics.
T6 VWNM clears for those that need.
Static Neo-Nyzul runs.
Occasional Abyssea farming (pretty much always low man farming).

We'll be incorporating Legion when it comes out.

Our main event days are Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, starting around 9est. With more casual days Thurs/Friday, and Weekends more "play it by ear".

As for Voidwatch, we generally encourage members to form shouts/join shouts with other LS members if they still need gear. However we try and hit harder T6 as a LS once a week for those that still need clears/items.

Requirements for applicants:

As I'm looking for 5-6 quality people (usually don't recruit that many at a time, but legion has larger number requirements), many job combinations are acceptable.

Melees should have a Relic/Mythic/Empyrean if they expect to come on that job. Mages should have appropriate subs, experience, and understanding of fight dynamics.

To apply, message me here with pertinent information, or go to http://homingmissiles.guildwork.com/ and submit and application.

Random unrelated picture to make thread less boring:

Cerberus.Byakuyakuchiki
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Byakuyakuchiki 2012-03-03 18:01:34  
Neosutra is a good leader and a nice person to know, plus his shell gets stuff done, GL neo!
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-03 18:04:22  
I'm also significantly more chill than I used to be since I don't play 24/7, for those that knew me during "neo-Stalin" times.

But to add to thread: Game is a lot more casual now, so looking for some people that are looking for a good home and some nice friends to hang out with, with the bonus of having people that know how to get stuff done together.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sagagemini
user: hagen
By Phoenix.Sagagemini 2012-03-09 08:16:49  
2 questions:

1) You guys still care to help players with no +1 or +2 sets get geared in abyssea or its up to a kind soul here and there in the ls?

2) If i join as a mage, would i ever have a chance to have an empyrean in the future or i would be healer forever in your shell?

Your LS sounds very efficient. After years of FFXI and 1 year out i'm not really looking for an endgame LS unless it is efficient and fair with new members. I understand priorities over officers and veterans for certain items and upgrades of course.
 Phoenix.Sagagemini
user: hagen
By Phoenix.Sagagemini 2012-03-09 08:21:01  
Just saying that cause it sucks when you want to be faithful to a LS, you are one of the most active and helpful of members and in the end youre treated as trash.

I've been on both sides of an efficient shell Heroes of CarpeNoctem in Shiva and others that i rather not say their names with this sort of treatment.

I'm looking for a shell that gets things done, for me also of course. If i see that is possible with effort than ill be a great asset if you invest on me with time.

I bet you also want a faithful member that is not looking to get his empyrean/relic and jump off ship like some are willing to nowadays in endgame shells.
By missdivine 2012-03-09 08:43:32  
looks like a road to relic/emp lvl 99 farming ls to me , i wonder if the sack holders/leader will help other members as soon they get emps/relics done
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-03-09 09:11:18  
missdivine said: »
looks like a road to relic/emp lvl 99 farming ls to me , i wonder if the sack holders/leader will help other members as soon they get emps/relics done

They are a long time ls. Not just thrown together for emp/relic 99. I am not a member nor have I been, but most of their members I have ran across have been good people.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-09 09:12:21  
missdivine said: »
How many sock accounts are you going to create, Konvict?
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-03-09 12:58:28  
I'd apply if i was on Phoenix. GL
[+]
 Phoenix.Terasan
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2012-03-09 13:19:32  
Yeaaaaah, HM's been around a lot longer than that, "Missdivine".

Never been a member, actually was in a competing shell for a while before I moved off of Phoenix on my old char, but the few people I remember from HM were great folks. GL Neo :)
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-09 18:54:12  
Ya I just tossed HomingMissiles together last week to finish a few of the leader's 99 weapons.

On a serious note:

To answer some of the above questions:

We don't, as LS events, really farm Abyssea anymore. However, there are still members with random +1/+2 needs for various jobs. So any player still needing random abyssea items can typically find people in the LS to team up with to finish these sets.

The same can be said with empyrean weapons. If you level a melee job and desire an empyrean, find 1-2 people in LS (or not) that would like to team up and finish mutually respective weapons.

With the current game setup, it takes only a few days to finish any given Empyrean weapon and/or full +2 set on several jobs, so it's something we let members focus on in their spare time and not LS events.

In our schedule, we only really require "heavy attendance" a couple days a week, so there is plenty of time to get other stuff done.

Also on LS focus, it's not just 99ing our Relics/Empyreans/Mythics. One big reason I've re-opened recruitment is to prepare for Legion.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-09 20:26:43  
Damn it looks like i just slightly out of my reach

I still need voidwatch gear. and empy 90-95 upgrades.

I have no issues with longtime grinding or Homework. Im used to that from my gear static/group.

Is it possible to join for the legion/social/small helping part only?
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-10 12:27:54  
I'm not sure what you mean by beyond your reach. Your profile has several Empy DDs, though I'm not sure your play time or skill level (we can talk via PM about other information about your playstyle).

You're wanting to join for lower man farming and legion/social stuff, but just don't want to come to ADL/PW/etc main events on Mon/Tuesday?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-13 23:19:28  
all my emps are 85/90. so im still at the HMP stage. which i can see your ls just got away form and its working on the 95 to 99 stage.

and lack way to much voidwatch wins and gear

So your events are just slightly out of ym reach since you are working on stages 1 upgrade higher than I'm on. :-(

guess i should start focusing on VW after vert is done
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2012-03-14 11:51:09  
I was in HM before Abyssea killed the meaning of "LS events", then I got bored and jumped servers to party up w/ some RL friends

They do very good work.

Just read up on the mobs and crap, pay attention and follow directions.

PS If your good you will have a rubber head so Neo's slaps dont hurt as bad. :P

GL guys.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-03-14 12:09:20  
If I didn't *** hate Emirelda so much,

I'd consider.
[+]
 Phoenix.Syto
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2012-03-14 12:15:14  
I've known Neo for many years as I have been on Phoenix. I know his passion for being successful at everything he does with his LS is far beyond many leaders I have ever worked with in my gaming career. He doesn't give up until he finds the best strategy to surpass any obstacle that SE places before him. I am glad to be on his side and will support him always..
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-03-14 12:19:32  
Phoenix.Syto said: »
I've known Neo for many years as I have been on Phoenix. I know his passion for being successful at everything he does with his LS is far beyond many leaders I have ever worked with in my gaming career. He doesn't give up until he finds the best strategy to surpass any obstacle that SE places before him. I am glad to be on his side and will support him always..

Such a dramatic 3rd post :p

/salute
[+]
 Caitsith.Laili
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Laili
By Caitsith.Laili 2012-03-14 12:54:25  
/random question is Stimed still around i know he left Caitsith last year for HM. I do miss him :/
By krish 2012-03-14 12:57:18  
Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
Melees should have a Relic/Mythic/Empyrean if they expect to come on that job. Mages should have appropriate subs, experience, and understanding of fight dynamics.

I like how melee aren't expected to understand fight dynamics.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-14 14:21:44  
Well, to be fair, melee jobs are pretty damned easy (even though most people still play them poorly). People also tend to pour more detail into their melee job to squeeze out that extra 1% DPS, since they've usually spend millions of gil and hundreds of hours on weapons/gear for that job.

Mages for some reason have a harder time being passionate about their job and often times I find them lacking in the quality department (not everyone, and I've had the pleasure to work with some great mages on the server).

As for a few other questions:

Emirelda is no longer in the LS, neither is Stimed.

Appreciate the comments Ecaroh/Syto.

We've accepted about 3 quality players in this open recruitment. I'd like about 2 more in preparation for Legion, so any player that's looking for a good home with quality people (mostly quality, we do let Drakehart stay in the LS due to feeling bad for him), then feel free to apply.
By krish 2012-03-14 15:23:50  
Well, to be fair, melee jobs are pretty damned easy...

An't that the truth. I find melee jobs pretty boring and uninteresting. I'm glad I did one but I don't see leveling another one seriously.

Quote:
People also tend to pour more detail into their melee job to squeeze out that extra 1% DPS, since they've usually spend millions of gil and hundreds of hours on weapons/gear for that job

That's because there's a simple (too simple I think) way to measure the size of their melee penis. No one parses their WHM and brags about it after a VW kill. Or the number of procs they got. Or how much extra damage their buffs got.

Quote:
Mages for some reason have a harder time being passionate about their job and often times I find them lacking in the quality department (not everyone, and I've had the pleasure to work with some great mages on the server).

It's a harder job. That's why it's harder to find good ones and harder to be passionate about it.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-03-14 22:38:28  
krish said: »

Quote:

It's a harder job. That's why it's harder to find good ones and harder to be passionate about it.

+ when you never get compliments or encouragement or even help , just insults , demands , and getting talked down to . When your main purpose is take care of 10+ crying melee trying to epeen while keeping them alive , buffing , hasting , watching MP , all while staying out of range , keeping your self alive , and watching for the Kill-everyone-in-this-radius-move-so-you-can-preemptively-heal . Yea hard to be passionate about something like that , especially after like 6 or 7 years .
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-14 22:47:15  
A truly good whm is hard to come by, and rarely appreciated.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2012-03-14 22:56:12  
No one parses their WHM and brags about it after a VW kill.
some of us do :o
[+]
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-14 22:59:17  
Phoenix.Sagagemini said: »
I've been on both sides of an efficient shell Heroes of CarpeNoctem in Shiva and others that i rather not say their names with this sort of treatment.

It was Heroes of "CarpeDiem", can't remember it ever having "Noctem" in it, nor do I remember your name when I was in the shell for technically two years but really only active for one. Unless you joined after I left servers which could make sense then specially since that shell has changed a ***ton in 3 years from what I've seen.
By krish 2012-03-15 12:42:03  
Phoenix.Lithical said: »
No one parses their WHM and brags about it after a VW kill.
some of us do :o

Then I salute you sir.