users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage Synergy Augments
Salvage Synergy Augments
 Asura.Flufferkins
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Flufferkins 2012-03-05 13:54:17  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
People have such *** for old dusty crap. Release new ***. New models. New stats. New bonuses. 100% New.

Tired of rehashed old ***.

And keep adding to the pile of abandoned content as well...
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-03-05 14:08:19  
Okay, this irritated me...

Quote:
Besides, I know this seems rather sadistic, and rather mean, But I hope Salvage armor is all still at best a situational piece, or completely obsolete. If you wanted to play a game where your armor never gets out-dated due to an update, pick up a Single Player RPG.

The worst thing SE could due is bring us up 24 levels, and cater to the 8 people who still cling to their precious Salvage gear by making it the best armor again. You guys should be on your knees infront of SE That they're even considering updating Salvage gear. I don't see WoW Updating its old Raid gear. I don't see any other MMO Updating old armor.

Salvage gear was great, You accomplished something wonderful, But its time was long since up. Static or Random, most of the armor will never be back on top in most/all fields like it was at 75, But at least with random, theres a fair shot of some of it becoming situational again, or even best in slot for a few situations, With static, Those chances are much slimmer if it follows any pattern to Relic+2 (I don't see why it would not, this is SE We're talking about)

And lets face it, Drop rates or not, an Idiot could do Salvage with 3 people at 99, Making armor that could be breezed through with a trip to Wiki and 3 people the best in the game would obsolete any reasons for doing Neo Nyzul, Abyssea, or Voidwatch, and possibly legion. It would be like if they suddenly made Nyzul Isle gear Better than Neo Nyzul, Its content designed for level 75, The armor will not be the best again.

So requesting Miracle upgrades that will completely stomp other in-piece slots its nothing short of a pipe dream. Salvage gear itself is so strong it almost keeps up with todays armor, Any slight upgrade will likely bring some of it up again. Personally, I hope they toss you Salvage-bros a bone and give 1-2 pieces per set a "top dog" status again, But stop there. How many people do you think would be Pissed if Salvage Armor was suddenly the end-all best again after going from 75-99 In these last few years?

Lets face it, Salvage-bros are the minority, And SE won't cater to the minority. I'm surprised they're even considering augmenting/updating it truthfully. You guys are all acting like you're entitled to something because you spend so much time getting the armor. Big f**king deal. What about those people who played back at 50 cap who killed King Arthro and Roc for a living? Should we Update Healing Staff to be Cure Potency +25% Now? Should we make Speed Belt Haste+8%? Should we make Strider's Boots Movement Speed +22%?

Gear getting outdated happens all the time. If the cap had stayed at level 75, Salvage gear would have still eventually been outdated or there would have been no reason to even bother adding new content if nothing beat what was released X amount of years ago. <<< Really let that sink in.

I know it hurts to hear, But that's the truth.

Edit; And to be honest, I have Homam Legs/Feet that i got a while back, They used to be the best feet/legs for THF, and even PLD, and DRG, and DRK, and BLU, which I have all of. I don't want them to be the best again. i like them for what they were, useful to me for some time.

Sorry for the giant spam, but I had to say something.

This guy is a *swearswear* moron. The reason I always saw people clinging to salvage gear is because unlike ANYTHING SE ever released it required time and effort as far and armor was concerned. Nothing was just a simple drop. (Not including 15s, derp.) It was a a trial in patience before trials existed. That's why walking around town with my Usukane PUP was so god damn awesome. I just wanted to clear the vision that salvage gear was not just a "kill this monster til it drops." Took patience and effort.

I do not agree with making the whole set the best again. I don't like the fact that it's so easy now. Make it situational, sure. Obsolete no. SE has always revisited things. Don't act shocked.

On a side note, I won't bother with upgrading all my sets anyways. I can wear a mythic dagger, but I can't wear usukane. (Or skadi would it have been so.) Poo.
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-03-05 14:12:15  
People have such *** for old dusty crap. Release new ***. New models. New stats. New bonuses. 100% New.

Nothing in this game is new and original. Every FF has a Ifrit or a Shiva, it always rehashed. That's why it has their label on it. That's why we "love" it. Once the pretty colors fade, everything is about goals and obsession.

You forget how powerful nostalgia is. Even Einherjar and Legion are going to be rehash. Same mobs in a different coliseum.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-05 20:10:31  
what if you need some combination of different races to get bees to pop?

is that possible?

yomi and I go 3x tarus and we've not seen a bee in at least 40 bhaflaus but I have seen them many times before when I used to make shout groups for 1f/2f boss bhaf runs with random people

WHAT IF

we cant possibly just be that unlucky.. there has to be some kind of trick to this ***
 Phoenix.Tagus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: tagus
By Phoenix.Tagus 2012-03-05 20:20:55  
It has always been a pet peeve of mine that you can't even enter Salvage (or assaults so that you can actually do salvage) solo. Having a minimum number of people to enter an event and it's prereq is one of the most superficial *** blocks in video game history imo.
 Odin.Morgish
サーバ: Odin
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-03-05 20:32:41  
Where's that full image of pchan with full usu. Guess his hopes are now crashed.
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-05 20:37:46  
Asura.Myrrh said: »

Nothing in this game is new and original. Every FF has a Ifrit or a Shiva, it always rehashed. That's why it has their label on it. That's why we "love" it. Once the pretty colors fade, everything is about goals and obsession.

You forget how powerful nostalgia is. Even Einherjar and Legion are going to be rehash. Same mobs in a different coliseum.

I want new FFXI ***. I don't *** care what was in FFVI or FFVIII or FFPi.

If I wanted to do salvage, I'd do salvage.

I'd rather them make entirely new gear sets than waste their time upgrading old dusty ***that people should have just porter moogled and forgot about.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-05 20:48:59  
you dont porter sexy :(

sorry dancer isnt on any salvage set nonsalvage-bro

[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-05 21:20:10  
Asura.Fondue said: »
what if you need some combination of different races to get bees to pop?

is that possible?

yomi and I go 3x tarus and we've not seen a bee in at least 40 bhaflaus but I have seen them many times before when I used to make shout groups for 1f/2f boss bhaf runs with random people

WHAT IF

we cant possibly just be that unlucky.. there has to be some kind of trick to this ***
40 BR runs is a somewhat big number, but I would just call it unlucky, really.

My luck on F3 was probably on par with yours on F2 and I have had similar/worse luck on on other NMs. Salvage is hell in general.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-05 21:41:20  
its 40 in the last 2 months, I've done bhaflau I would say nearly 200 times over a few years and its never been like this for bees.. which leads me to believe we are doing something wrong
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-05 21:42:39  
You need to trade rubicund cells to the gilded doors.
 Siren.Fattynoob
サーバ: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2012-03-05 21:51:24  
About the tatters, you could just farm them? Isn't that why we play? To do things with friends instead of sitting in Port Jeuno? I have burned 100 tatters on my e-body and haven't bought 1.

I hope they do add random augments u have to synergize. Like kalilla said, static augments will likely be less useful. What part of the game is not a random/timesink? Sure, some lucky people go 1/1 but that's just lulz.

That's funny the guy who said salvage was the first time sink. How many thf's went years before they got TH hands or rdm's without pimp hats? How many kings did it take to get your ls its first ebody/dring/ridill/dalmy? How about the first relics? Strategy/effort was required in all of those back at 75.

What salvage had was exclusivity. Far less people had the jobs/equip required for a successful run. If you didn't have brd/mnk/rdm/th4 gtfo. The other content did not require that.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-05 22:38:35  
Asura.Fondue said: »
its 40 in the last 2 months, I've done bhaflau I would say nearly 200 times over a few years and its never been like this for bees.. which leads me to believe we are doing something wrong
I always used the same strat for all my BR runs yet it took me around 2 years to see Ares hands 35, *** wasn't even poping. It's just a very low percentage :/

About the tatters, 15s would be a joke to farm and tatters would rain, theoricaly, yes. I just dislike resorting to any craft in general. There are still many cursed HQs I don't have after years of crafting for them. I rather have some hardcore event that yield things than a very easy random game that never yields anything worthwhile.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-05 22:40:10  
i've honestly never done 3f lol and I hope never to see bhaf again after 35 skadibody/usufeet appear in my inventory
-_____________________________-

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Quiznor 2012-03-08 12:48:18  
Personally I dont care if they revitalize salvage gear.It can stay 75 for all I care.If they DO revamp the gear though,dont *** us over with synergy augments and give us some ToM ***or something.They did it for dyna gear,why not this stuff?

If they revitalize salvage on the whole,it'll most likely be a big hit because everyone and their mother will do it for the alex rather than the gear since it'll mostly not be worth it.

A new zone or new proper mechanics (*** you proc system,suck my motherfucking balls i hate you so *** much) would have me over the moon.But I'm 99% sure its not gonna happen so I'll just sit back hatin' on salvage until something happens,hatin' on how *** hard it is to do old ***because of SE's *** up.Bitching that mythics are harder/rarer than anything else yet *** us over even more and more as they try fix it.

*** you SE and *** you for *** with salvage ever.*** your bringing augments,*** your attempt at alex drop rates (looking at you nyzul),*** you for going to *** up the salvage overhaul and *** your outlook on all old content.I'd be *** happier if you just let us *** die,not hanging on and suffering in this *** abusive and struggling without hope.

*** you SE
Quiz
 Carbuncle.Crollion
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-03-08 12:56:50  
quiz u feeling ok?

jesus if u hate the game that much why not quit already?

sound like a trucker lol
By Quiznor 2012-03-08 13:06:06  
Carbuncle.Crollion said: »
quiz u feeling ok?

jesus if u hate the game that much why not quit already?

sound like a trucker lol

mid life crisis tonight,i can feel it....
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-08 13:16:10  
Quiznor said: »
Personally I dont care if they revitalize salvage gear.It can stay 75 for all I care.If they DO revamp the gear though,dont *** us over with synergy augments and give us some ToM ***or something.They did it for dyna gear,why not this stuff?

If they revitalize salvage on the whole,it'll most likely be a big hit because everyone and their mother will do it for the alex rather than the gear since it'll mostly not be worth it.

A new zone or new proper mechanics (*** you proc system,suck my motherfucking balls i hate you so *** much) would have me over the moon.But I'm 99% sure its not gonna happen so I'll just sit back hatin' on salvage until something happens,hatin' on how *** hard it is to do old ***because of SE's *** up.Bitching that mythics are harder/rarer than anything else yet *** us over even more and more as they try fix it.

*** you SE and *** you for *** with salvage ever.*** your bringing augments,*** your attempt at alex drop rates (looking at you nyzul),*** you for going to *** up the salvage overhaul and *** your outlook on all old content.I'd be *** happier if you just let us *** die,not hanging on and suffering in this *** abusive and struggling without hope.

*** you SE
Quiz

Seems like you have anger issues... And emo issues... you should talk to somebody =/

Anyways hopefully augments are good. I would like to start doing salvage again. i need to finish my ares armor.
By Quiznor 2012-03-08 15:35:22  
Anger yes

Emo...lol priceless