users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Suggestions » Limits in exploration
Limits in exploration
 Phoenix.Bomber
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-09 00:21:53  
Throughout FFXI we heard a lot about cultures,places and such via CSs in missions and quests but that we have yet to have a chance at seen such places ourselves and probably never will but that generate big interest among players ..will FFXIV try that every location that's mentioned will be actually an explore-able place for us?
By rbloom 2012-03-09 20:45:09  
There are a few areas that are mentioned that just aren't released yet. It's assumed they'll be released when the level cap rises, since they are likely very high level areas. There's a vast desert place, with rolling sandy dunes and such you can see right outside uldah, behind it. This is one such area that is already designed, but you just cant get there yet.

So, yes, I think they will be adding all those areas they reference eventually.
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-09 21:13:48  
rbloom said: »
There are a few areas that are mentioned that just aren't released yet. It's assumed they'll be released when the level cap rises, since they are likely very high level areas. There's a vast desert place, with rolling sandy dunes and such you can see right outside uldah, behind it. This is one such area that is already designed, but you just cant get there yet.

So, yes, I think they will be adding all those areas they reference eventually.
Well it wasn't really a question but more like a suggestion that if they mention places and areas that they allow us to see them for ourselves i put as example FFXI how many years has it been and we can't explore the original tavnazia or Mithra's homeland so i'm suggesting and asking for them to not do that again in FF14
By Likeaboss 2012-03-10 08:25:40  
I believe the reason for that is there are no zone areas currently. You can't expect them to not have something outside of the areas we can go to. Either way, be patient. If you want new area's wait for 2.0
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-10 09:03:17  
Turtle Icious said: »
I believe the reason for that is there are no zone areas currently. You can't expect them to not have something outside of the areas we can go to. Either way, be patient. If you want new area's wait for 2.0
Oh yes of course at this time there will be plenty of places we can't go to ,this is more of a long term thing like when FF14 reaches same amount of years online as FF11 and such i just hope we don't get that many invisible walls and areas that is forbidden to go to
By maleko2 2012-03-10 21:25:52  
Uh, I forsee there always being places that are mentioned but never explorable. I don't see this as a negative, personally. Maybe never is too strong a word, but they'll always keep things open for possible expansion or just to enrich the feeling of the world.
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-11 14:55:51  
maleko2 said: »
Uh, I forsee there always being places that are mentioned but never explorable. I don't see this as a negative, personally. Maybe never is too strong a word, but they'll always keep things open for possible expansion or just to enrich the feeling of the world.
I suppose it cant be helped to have places you cant go to ..but it would be nice for it to be as open as Skyrim ...FFXI had too many places quite important to the game story and such that we didn't get to see way too many.