users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » FFXI Bazaar++
FFXI Bazaar++
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-10 00:18:10  
On my profile, my GW scanned bazaar items are shown in duplicates. One set with the GW stamp and one set without.
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2012-03-10 00:20:36  
One from GW client and one you manually put in yourself. :3
 Lakshmi.Chewzer
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: chewzer
By Lakshmi.Chewzer 2012-03-10 00:20:55  
Fenrir.Scragg said: »
I set the items to expire after 48 hours to try to maintain accuracy.
I'm curious: If a non-Guildwork user's bazaar is listed because they were /check'ed by someone with GW, then the item sells and their bazaar is /check'ed again by a GW user, is the item removed from FFXIAH bazaar?

If not, 48 hours may be too long. I'm sure I would be annoyed if I sold something cheap to get rid of it and was still getting /tell's about it almost 2 days later.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-10 00:26:59  
I think that if a someone buys your item that is using the plugin it should remove it from the site, as well as you said where if someone checks you and you no longer have the item listed it will remove what is missing.
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-10 00:28:00  
Asura.Xenophire said: »

Or... When I said my GW scanned bazaar items I really meant it?
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2012-03-10 00:51:19  
Fenrir.Kut said: »
Asura.Xenophire said: »

Or... When I said my GW scanned bazaar items I really meant it?
You're misunderstanding me. GW client will scan your bazaar and have the icon next to it, yes. But, your duplicate, I'm 99% sure, is what you put manually on the site.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-10 00:53:21  
He didn't set the bazzar items on the site then have GW scan them, he's saying that GW or the site is duplicating the items so there are two of each.

I think...
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-10 01:04:24  
Yeah... I've been using GW since client came out, a long time ago. I haven't set ANY items to my FFXIAH manually within the last whatever period of time and none of them have been the items I have in-game in my bazaar since using Guildwork. Simply:

The items I have in my bazaar, in game, are being duplicated on my profile.

And to provide additional info, they appear once with GW icon once without.

Even an item I placed in my bazaar a mere few hours ago was duplicated, though it might have been before this update was implemented. What I was thinking was either the items GW placed on profile before the update were then placed again under/due to another system or GW places what I have my bazaar on my profile and when someone with GW checked me, it placed another copy.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2012-03-10 01:09:29  
Hm, if anything, just delete the duplicate. I had a similar occurrence a few times I've had bazaar'd items, I just deleted the duplicate and called it good.
 Lakshmi.Chewzer
user: chewzer
By Lakshmi.Chewzer 2012-03-10 01:14:23  
It's probably double-listed because GW updated your bazaar when you first put it up for sale, then another GW user /check'ed you which caused it to be listed again.

It's brand spankin' new. Bugs are to be expected. ^^
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-10 01:15:49  
Yeah I deleted it all :o just reporting in case it is a bug and not because new system didn't line up with old one.
 Ragnarok.Jammie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2012-03-10 02:37:41  
48 hours is really too long I think.
I was actually looking for cheap Forgotten Touches, and I managed to track down the five cheapest sellers on my server listed here on FFXIAH Bazaar, but they all sold out. They also no longer had a bazaar either, so I think my GW couldn't update the information.

This means they might get spammed by people wanting to buy cheap items for 48 hours, while they might have sold everything within 1hr.

Maybe it's better to set the duration to 1 hour? That should be enough for the majority of the items.

Just constructive critism, because I really love this update. This might really have a big impact on the game, in a positive way!
Great work!
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2012-03-10 02:41:12  
Nice that you can pinpoint who the morons are trying to sell single bynes for 700k or so.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-10 02:53:29  
Ragnarok.Jammie said: »
48 hours is really too long I think.
I was actually looking for cheap Forgotten Touches, and I managed to track down the five cheapest sellers on my server listed here on FFXIAH Bazaar, but they all sold out. They also no longer had a bazaar either, so I think my GW couldn't update the information.

This means they might get spammed by people wanting to buy cheap items for 48 hours, while they might have sold everything within 1hr.

Maybe it's better to set the duration to 1 hour? That should be enough for the majority of the items.

Just constructive critism, because I really love this update. This might really have a big impact on the game, in a positive way!
Great work!

I agree with this to a certain extent. However, some people might not play often and there are some items that don't sell as fast as others. Maybe set currency and other fast selling items to a different timer than others or find a way that will remove item from bazaar if it sells/someone checks and it's no longer there? I'm sure this a beating a dead horse by now but :<
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ratie
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2012-03-10 03:02:00  
Quote:
someone checks and it's no longer there? I'm sure this a beating a dead horse by now but :<

One slight flaw I can see is in the case that a non-GW person only has one item and their bazaar closes from selling out, the next person who targets them can see they dont have a bazaar icon and generally won't bother to /check them.

It's an interesting problem, that's for sure. Adjusting the duration for particular items might be the way to go, but that might need constant readjusting, as what was popular in last update may have died in the butt by now (looking at you, 1k martial tatters).
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-10 03:12:25  
Lakshmi.Ratie said: »
Quote:
someone checks and it's no longer there? I'm sure this a beating a dead horse by now but :<

One slight flaw I can see is in the case that a non-GW person only has one item and their bazaar closes from selling out, the next person who targets them can see they dont have a bazaar icon and generally won't bother to /check them.

It's an interesting problem, that's for sure. Adjusting the duration for particular items might be the way to go, but that might need constant readjusting, as what was popular in last update may have died in the butt by now (looking at you, 1k martial tatters).

Ahh, you bring up a good point. In that case it would have to scan as soon as it checks a character, I would imagine, which might even be in an addition to possibly showing someone's gear on their profile after check with the given permissions? That's unlikely to ever be wanted or done though
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-10 03:38:47  
Since it seems the data is coming in better then expected I suggest Scragg limit the life-time to about 6 hours instead.

The more people that use the plugin the more accurate this will be so tell your friends. =)

Users that actually use GW client themselves will have their bazaars updated in real-time as things sell so in the end the best solution is to have as many people using this as possible.
[+]
 Sylph.Burrett
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Burrett 2012-03-10 09:44:02  
I've had riftsand & currency in my bazaar for a few hour's now w/gw.dll running & it hasn't been added to my profile yet so i'm doing it wrong or it isnt working right
 Valefor.Taliko
サーバ: Valefor
user: Taliko
By Valefor.Taliko 2012-03-10 10:05:22  
Holy **** I love this! Thank you!
[+]
 Sylph.Teknos
サーバ: Sylph
user: teknos
By Sylph.Teknos 2012-03-10 10:18:07  
This is awesome, I've been waiting for this! Finally a reason to leave the GW client on instead of just loading it up when I want to update something.
 Leviathan.Zanosuz
サーバ: Leviathan
user: zanosuz
By Leviathan.Zanosuz 2012-03-10 10:33:15  
My profile still shows bazaar items that sold a week ago and I haven't bazaared anything since. GW still says they're in my bazaar and people send me tells for the crap. Would be nice if they quit showing back up on my profile.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-03-10 10:56:27  
Sylph.Teknos said: »
This is awesome, I've been waiting for this! Finally a reason to leave the GW client on instead of just loading it up when I want to update something.

well it seems you dont need to have GW client on.. my bf and i only open it once every few weeks/months and it still displays all his bazaar with GW icon next to it.. kinda curious.. how does this work?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-10 11:02:23  
Is there someway we can have this function let us know when bazaar items are bought (like the premium AH notification).

I know it seems trivial but sometimes when i'm at work I'm wondering if my junk sold :x
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-03-10 11:10:03  
Absolutely legendary.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-03-10 13:23:18  
Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Sylph.Teknos said: »

well it seems you dont need to have GW client on.. my bf and i only open it once every few weeks/months and it still displays all his bazaar with GW icon next to it.. kinda curious.. how does this work?
Someone running the GW plugin checked your bazaar.
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Darkfire
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2012-03-10 13:30:08  
I have a riftdross that showed up on my page, obv from a GW user checking me but it sold last night and now its gonna be there for 48 hours?

Took all of an hour to sell it in rolan-mart, now i feel like im false advertising ><

Any way to user override so I can delete it manually?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-10 13:33:16  
Bazaar in the dropdown menu under your avatar?
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-10 13:43:42  
Personal bazaar and checked bazaars are sent differently to FFXIAH so Scragg might not have implemented personal bazaars to clear yet, please keep in mind he made this last night and there could still be bugs on his end.

GW is definitely sending all the data fine. =)

That said Bazaar notifications are coming to Guildwok Premium. You will be able to set an item/price/quantity and if that is spotted you will get a notification in real-time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Darkfire
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2012-03-10 13:47:45  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Bazaar in the dropdown menu under your avatar?

Tried and it doesn't remove it, it may just take a min to update but still a little annoying if I didn't put my bazaar up but now I gotta take it down...