フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Best stardiver set
Best stardiver set
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-03-19 20:54:31  
Spellcast only does as much as you want it to. If you want it to be a glorified script macro, it can be. It's far easier to manage your gear in an xml than a bunch of script macros though.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-03-19 21:46:32  
The command convenience and related tricks are a fair point. I should probably look into all the stuff it has to offer.

I jsut dont have any interest in automating decisions whereby I do the same action, but get a different result. Im just a tactile person. I want to hit the button, or change my macro pallet to get a different result. Just a preference.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-19 23:30:08  
Back to the relevance of it all,

Boost - STR, Braver's Drink are all valuable to use in any type of environment. They're almost always up.

Braver's Drink = +15 to All Attributes, A good Boost STR is anywhere from 24-25 STR.

That together is a 39-40 STR boost.

We can't really count them out of the picture.

The relevance of pieces such as Ace's Mail is in fact applicable, but only to Stardiver in this case.

It's better suited for 6 hit DRG however, not so much for 5 hit DRG since they are so STP dependent.

When it comes to Stardiver, STR is a very key and important attribute, more so than ATK which is why Ares's Body while is a nice place holder till Ace's, still falls behind Ace's.

A huge perk Gungnir DRG has is the ridiculous Accuracy on the Polearm. Which allows them to pretty much neglect accuracy in other gear slots for better, more damaging pieces.

Another big reason as to why 6 hit is important to note in all of this is due to the fact that an ideal Stardiver set cuts out quite a bit of STP. Some may require that bit of TP in order to even complete a 6 hit.

At this point, one of my biggest wonders is what type of Grip would be most applicable for Stardiver. Till now I've been utilizing Claymore Grip, since it regardless of the fact that Stardiver isn't Crit I still gain +3% Crit Rate, on top of the ~+7 Crit Rate I gain from it.

Last thing to consider is BRD.

BRD will provide a STR Boost as well if you have minuet up.

So as you can see, that would push it up to what...? +49-50 STR When buffed appropriately, bringing Ogier's back into it's playground.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-19 23:44:15  
Minuet isn't str and Gungnir's acc isn't going to make it so you can completely neglect acc, at least not in every situation.
And since you're obviously talking about VW only, you shouldn't need the stp from +2 for ws.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-19 23:47:14  
Aoidos -

Enhancing songs add an attribute bonus that corresponds to the element of the song (i.e. Thunder-based songs add +DEX). The attribute bonus begins at +1 for 2 pieces, and increases by 1 for each additional piece. For Dark-based songs, there is a bonus of +10 MP for 2 pieces, and increases by 10 for each additional piece.

IE: Minuet = +5* STR. Correction on amount given

It's not just "VW"

Braver's Drink only provides +15, how does that incorporate only VW?

As far as the STP bit, it's applicable everywhere. Perhaps less in VW, but definitely outside.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-20 19:49:57  
Do most DRG's true 5-hit, eg, WS+4? Or is it WS+5? If it's the latter, then worrying about STP in your WS gear becomes silly unless you can't even maintain WS+5.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-20 20:00:19  
That depends on the build.

To my knowledge most 492+ Delay DRG's aim for 6 hits as they are more equipment effective.

507 Delay DRG's aim for easy 5 hits, which are as true as they get.

Unless you have those new pants from Nyzul upgraded hitting a 5 hit on a 492 is rather taxing.

Main Factor in 492 Lances is Conserve TP, it's very beneficial and allows us to complete a 5 hit when it activates as well, this is good to note.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-22 08:26:53  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
Yeah I didn't really want to get into that, I'd rather just laugh at the guy who only uses Ogier's on his SAM for PDT and says they have no use.

However, that math didn't factor boost-str and doesn't account for other races or rather, that another race may get more from Ogier's (they do) or Avant+1 (they do)
Didn't say they have "no use". The only job that I can see making use of them, is warrior. And warrior still gets avant +1 legs. Like I said, low accuracy situations, which is really rare.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-22 16:47:39  
They are actually best for Warrior in most situations, best for Kaiten, best for Catastrophe, best for Namas, etc.
 Asura.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Asura
user: Eirza
By Asura.Ziekwalt 2012-04-16 04:40:36  
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
Minuet isn't str and Gungnir's acc isn't going to make it so you can completely neglect acc, at least not in every situation.
And since you're obviously talking about VW only, you shouldn't need the stp from +2 for ws.
If the BRD is using Aoidos+2 (set bonus) Minuet would be giving STR as well as atk bonus then. I think thats what he is referring too.
 Bismarck.Amearth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Amearth
By Bismarck.Amearth 2012-04-16 04:54:07  
what about Gigantes Boots for feet 11str
By Fupafighters 2012-04-16 04:57:05  
Bismarck.Amearth said: »
what about Gigantes Boots for feet 11str
Hecatomb leggings get 11 str and 4 polearm with good augments.
 Bismarck.Amearth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Amearth
By Bismarck.Amearth 2012-04-16 05:01:42  
just saying if your looking for a quick place to upgrade you can spend a year doing nep tatters but just saying 11str for the 1.3mil or so is easy boost
By Fupafighters 2012-04-16 05:05:04  
Bismarck.Amearth said: »
just saying if your looking for a quick place to upgrade you can spend a year doing nep tatters but just saying 11str for the 1.3mil or so is easy boost
Fair enough. But HQ augments aren't really that hard, unless you're REALLY unlucky. It's the random pool things that suck to try to get. I'd recommend buying these until you get heca, but try to upgrade eventually lol. >.<
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By Fury 2012-05-24 23:04:24  
Can someone post a gear set that has ideal WS set for day to day uses? Trying to look around to find good set and each thread turns into flame wars after page 1.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-05-25 00:53:56  
Never found out how to post a pic with the gear, so ima list them.

Thew Bomblet
Mekira oto +1, soil gorget, moonshade earring with bonus tp and attack, brutal/vulcan.
Phorcys body, af3+2 hands, rajah pyrosoul ring
Atheling mantle, soil belt, af3+2 legs, hecae +1 feet with str/polearm augment.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-05-25 01:15:28  
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Never found out how to post a pic with the gear, so ima list them.

Thew Bomblet
Mekira oto +1, soil gorget, moonshade earring with bonus tp and attack, brutal/vulcan.
Phorcys body, af3+2 hands, rajah pyrosoul ring
Atheling mantle, soil belt, af3+2 legs, hecae +1 feet with str/polearm augment.

It's at the bottom of the page when you post.
[itemset]109547[/itemset ]
With 109547 beeing changed to the # of your item set
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-05-25 05:17:14  
Let's try this out

Edit : Nice, just swap brutal and moonshade, not in the right place
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-05-25 06:49:52  
Isnt drakesbane better then stardriver?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-05-25 08:33:54  
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
Only if you have a 90+ Ryunohige. Or in abyssea. Otherwise, Stardiver stomps drakes.
By Ophannus 2012-05-25 14:42:39  
Wouldn't an extra Pyrosoul Ring beat out Rajas for Stardiver?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-05-25 14:52:22  
it does if you don't need the STP
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-25 15:10:39  
fortis mantle?
By Ophannus 2012-05-25 15:14:13  
I think Phorcys Hands beats out AF3+2. You get 1 more STR and 14 more attack(And an extra 2STR from the Phorcys set bonus)
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-25 16:41:17  
Ophannus said: »
I think Phorcys Hands beats out AF3+2. You get 1 more STR and 14 more attack(And an extra 2STR from the Phorcys set bonus)

It does.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-05-25 17:09:39  
Heca +1 (assuming 3 STR or higher aug'd) > or < Huginn Gambieras (not that its that easily obtainable as of now but... eventually?)

edit: in the end its max of STR+11 Attack+6 (both would be luck) vs STR+9 Attack+14 (could be aug'd higher soon)
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2012-05-25 17:28:15  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
Only if you have a 90+ Ryunohige. Or in abyssea. Otherwise, Stardiver stomps drakes.

To add what Martel is saying. For Drakes to do more than Stardiver, it would have to reliably crit at least 3 hits and/or need the boost from Ryuno. In VW with 300TP, All 4 hits need to be crit. (Assuming each hit from both ws land).
By Ophannus 2012-05-25 21:09:45  
Yeah Ryu is boss. Seen many 5k+ Drakesbanes in VW from Ryu DRGs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11