Piece of alexandrite
By Gimpness 2012-03-14 16:13:46  
any confirmation Hohenheim?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-14 16:38:47  
Yes this is old news, the price has been sky high since forever. People were making threads left and right on official forums but since most found easy methods to obtain gil they didn't care about the price. Also, people thought Nyzul would somehow alleviate this problem since it was an additional source of alex, but we see how that worked out. Others just got burned out trying.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-14 17:03:19  
If you want a mythic, deal with the prices, being stubborn will get you nowhere lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-14 17:05:48  
Gimpness said: »
any confirmation Hohenheim?

doesn't work haha

idk what the hate with am3 is. in VW you open with 300% tp, can build it beforehand with a kclub on fodder mobs, and wings give 300%

and if you wanted to ra weak stuff, you could just build with a kclub->300% trueflight->switch to a nguul/carabiners dagger and ra/spam last stand.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-14 17:14:58  
if you swap weapons you lose am3 :O so just wear ngull/carabiners and ra/spam last stand? lol
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-03-14 17:15:33  
Well, the stopped feature to the new nyzul may actually help a little bit.. people will need to spam 25 floor 80's to get 1 floor 100 piece, so that should be quite a bit of pouches
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-14 17:15:49  
Asura.Fondue said: »
if you swap weapons you lose am3 :O so just wear ngull/carabiners and ra/spam last stand? lol

i dont think you lose am3 with a ranged weapon slot. i'll go check it out right now
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-14 17:17:48  
fairly certain you would doing that, just like if you swap from an ammo to a throwing with normal mainhand AM you lose it
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-14 17:18:46  
aw crap, that's lame, hmm

i suppose you could just mainhand kclub :x or else build tp beforehand, but idk, depends on a lot i guess
By Quiznor 2012-03-14 17:50:16  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Well, the stopped feature to the new nyzul may actually help a little bit.. people will need to spam 25 floor 80's to get 1 floor 100 piece, so that should be quite a bit of pouches

They have a low drop rate for even cotton purses with high levels of TH
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-14 17:50:50  
Quiznor said: »

i think so far it seems that fl80 is 100% cotton and fl100 is 100% linen?
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2012-03-14 17:54:54  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Murgleis : Horrible. Death Blossom with +30% damage still doesn't really compare to CDC, which means this sword is only really useful in situations where you're able to maintain AM3 on melee RDM. Even then, you trade WS damage for DPS. The enhancement is stupid. It just isn't very good.
it's a good macro piece for convert ... :D ... >.>

but on topic. people say it all the time, and people get sick of hearing it, but supply and demand. some people keep calling it greedy, and if this were a RL situation about medical costs or something, maybe you could argue that. but this is a game economy, it doesn't work on moral bias. if some day for some reason there is an amazing craft to spam that needs fire crystals, and for some reason fire crystals become hard to find or uncommon, yea, you might see a stack go for 100k.

alexandrite is not very commonly obtained right now (new nyzul didn't help much) and people want mythics. people pay high prices for them, people keep selling them. its not being greedy to sell things that are selling. if you were to randomly decide to sell all yours for 200k a piece... yea that's kinda greedy, though more stupid than anything, though that's an extreme example...
By Quiznor 2012-03-14 17:56:41  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Quiznor said: »

i think so far it seems that fl80 is 100% cotton and fl100 is 100% linen?

ah,ok i didnt know that.highest i got was 60 (higher,but not 80/100 boss) and i dont keep up with anything nyzul isle related (because it failed so hard) that isnt OP'd by kali's purple formatted goodness
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-14 19:11:03  
Tizona : Tizona is a weird weapon. I'm still not sure if it's good or not, but I'm inclined to believe it is. Expiacion is unfortunately terrible even with damage +30%, but the MP draining makes sure that BLUs really just never run out of MP solo. Situations where that matters and situations where it's reasonable to keep AM3 up are mutually exclusive though, which hurts the weapon. I think it's worth having if you're a BLU4lyfe, simply because it's such a unique option.
Tizona is in kind of an unfortunate position given the state of BLU and its own mechanics. DW III, high multiattack traits, and CDC all heavily favor Almace, and 20 DEX likely boosts your melee critrate by a substantial amount. In the high-buff situations that favor AM3 usage, DD spells may not even be worth casting due to JA delay unless mob defense is very low. Your nigh-infinite MP would thus be wasted. It's less infinite when playing defensively in low-buff situations (maybe as low as 5/tic in some situations, ~4.5% of your white damage), but infinitely valuable there. Downside is we have some pretty nice offhand options... and a new one on the way judging by the test server dat mining.

It's more of a solo/support weapon than anything else. AM2 doesn't get a lot of attention but it's really pretty powerful for a debuffing BLU; 4.5 minute duration and likely 30+ macc in addition to the 25 macc on 99 Tizona would make resists very rare barring total resistance to that element or enfeeble. Can't do anything about the 95% hitrate on our physical debuffs though, which is where it's of greatest value.

It's nice that it's less reliant on expensive traits, which opens up slots for more utility, but it's forever the second-best DD weapon and the utility benefits aren't as useful as I'd like given the time and expense required to obtain one. Gold scimitar is infinitely superior to Almace for visuals though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-14 19:15:43  
Bismarck.Patrik said: »
it's a good macro piece for convert ... :D ... >.>
It's really not even that good for Convert, which is why he said the enhancement is stupid.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-14 19:23:12  
Glanzfaust : 30% Boost to Ascetic's Fury, which would probably make it Monk's best WS against really hard monsters (VWNMs). Probably not bad against hard content, but not awesome.

I wish this were the true, even with it's attack bonus and 30% extra damage, it would still be worse than Victory Smite. WS for WS I mean, OA2-3 with Spiral in high attack situations, probably in Glanzfaust's favor.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-03-14 19:51:30  
If you offer something for a price, and someone buys it, you are not being greedy. You wanted money, they wanted an item, you are both better off from the deal. This is of course assuming no fraud/scam is involved.

Offering to sell something for its market value is a benefit to everyone. Offering it for higher than value doesn't hurt anyone but the seller (assuming no one is stupid enough to buy it).
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-17 02:04:47  
supply/demand (of both alexandrite and gil)