Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-22 21:08:41  
Fenrir.Eneas said: »
Not going to build Empy/relic.

Currently building str dagger.
I have triplus dagger, twilight knife, Rapidus sax(lol) and can buy Aluh Jambiya.

What is the best combo for THF?
Mostly looking for dyna farm and random crap in abyssea (abyss not relevant much for my dilemma).

Edit: i have Oynos knife too. Is not as Hax as i expected in terms of proc rate (i though was considerably high). i could switch that with thf knife every time haste wears off. But the haste that it gives, is it magical, JA or gear? Or i shouldn't rely on Oynos that much?

You dont have to swap it out, you can keep it in all dyna run if you're solo coin count still is good. I dont see there being a better off hand dagger for dyna solo. Main hand prob goes mandau>twash>str kila>corus I assume, so its Kila/oynos for you then if your're not building an empy/relic.

edited >.> /brainfart lol
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-06-22 21:17:07  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
if you're solo the haste effect overwrites itself constantly.
wrong
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-22 21:18:32  
Ah fail you're right just looked, feels like its on alot of the time for me though its a fairly high proc rate imo, defo enough to warrant its use fulltime offhand solo in dynamis. Also helpful it overwrites slow effect. A three min haste with fairly few gaps I find all dyna run. The ammount I use it though I should of known it doesnt overwrite itself actually, but yeah its not always gonna be convienient to swap it back in for haste again, loss of tp/finishing moves.
By Luthiene 2012-06-22 21:19:17  
Hmm... so when you solo on THF in dyna you dont use THF knife at all? Do the whole run with TH6 base then, eh? I'll have to check the results out myself ^^
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-22 21:25:23  
You could macro a better dagger str kila or something if you have just had the haste effect proc and you was holding a mob unable to proc therefore losing tp wouldnt matter like straight after failing to proc with a flourish or something assuming mob still has the some hp to get some tp. But I dont bother, I get around 250-285 solo on thf and just full time oynos, I dont see how it can be higher because dd isnt the problem at this point anyway its procing thats the problem.

Never use thf knife though in a timed event like dynamis for coin farm, my only use for that knife is for salvage where you're gonna exit with 50mins left anyway there I just fulltime it.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-22 21:36:55  
Kalima said: »
Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
For Thf and Dnc at what point does Twashtar/Thokcha pull ahead of Thokcha/Thokcha or Aluh Jumbiya/Thokcha?

95 twash/STR > STR/STR.

STR/STR > 90 twash/STR (not by much as I've been told) > Aluh/STR.

90+ Twash/STR > 90+Twash/Aluh (again, marginal).

Where is this comparison where str/str pulls ahead of twash/kila made and using which ws? As Raen said I find this hard to believe.

I also find it hard to believe even moreso now that the guy posting on these forums before who claimed to get 320 on average solo per run was telling the truth.

With the very best gear it really is impossible to hit this as a solo average, your dd at this point is irrelevant it comes down to fact you are working with 3 timers flourish/step/bully ... steal I guess too, and how fast you can proc using these. Even if you're always on your next mob before step or flourish timer is back up from your last proc/kill you cant really pass 300 often solo as thf.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-22 22:13:20  
Thought that went without saying, but thanks.

How much are you getting solo as thf/dnc Josiah? And for a solo ep farm do you just fulltime offhand oynos too?

Just curious, im fairly sure im right in saying 320 is *** though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-06-22 23:19:56  
And it is.

320 or so was my best ever, with 2 mules, discounting the few times a 100c drops.

editing this, partly to show off. I just did 337 the other day, with 4 steal successes(2 of which proced the mob). Also, 2 100c's dropped that night, so I walked out with 537. Was pretty awesome.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-23 01:47:52  
I think that's an underestimation of the Oynos proc rate, Josiah. It's pretty high.

I've tried to sell the proc rate on the dagger a few times and counted the number of mobs I've gone without the haste and the most I got up to was 3, which amounts to about 90 seconds, and once it's on, it lasts 3 minutes. I think I end up being hasted about 80% of the time when I use it, although it's a bit less if I swap to Thokcha once hasted (which I do all the time now).
By Luthiene 2012-06-29 08:27:57  
So whats the optimum dagger combo for inside abyssea, excluding Mandau/Twash/Coruscanti ?
 Bahamut.Itze
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-06-29 08:28:24  
str/str
 Bahamut.Itze
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-06-29 08:28:37  
or aluh/str
 Bismarck.Diablosword
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2012-06-29 09:25:37  
How about outside abyssea?
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-29 10:21:57  
Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
How about outside abyssea?
Should be the same.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-08-16 09:20:27  
Just got a pugiunculus last night so I decided to play around w/ it in Abyssea a little bit. I must say the delay is pretty addictive, but how does it compare to other daggers in off hand? I usually use my THF for low level stuff like Abyssea and farming.

Best I have right now for offhand is lux pugio with aluh jambiya main hand. Working on Mandau, but may be a bit before it's done since I have a few other more important projects to take care of atm.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-08-16 09:37:57  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Just got a pugiunculus last night so I decided to play around w/ it in Abyssea a little bit. I must say the delay is pretty addictive, but how does it compare to other daggers in off hand? I usually use my THF for low level stuff like Abyssea and farming.

Best I have right now for offhand is lux pugio with aluh jambiya main hand. Working on Mandau, but may be a bit before it's done since I have a few pther more important projects to take care of atm.
Ditch the Lux and use Aluh/Pugi, it's a pretty good combo.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-08-16 10:12:39  
in aby for me its Auric dagger .. off hands/twhas at main
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-08-16 10:46:51  
Phoenix.Suji said: »

Best I have right now for offhand is lux pugio with aluh jambiya main hand. Working on Mandau, but may be a bit before it's done since I have a few pther more important projects to take care of atm.
Ditch the Lux and use Aluh/Pugi, it's a pretty good combo.

Would it still be a viable option for anything if I ever finish Mandau vs Aluh in the offhand?
By spryte 2012-08-16 11:06:03  
im using twashtar and coruscanti atm
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-08-16 12:02:15  
Would it still be a viable option for anything if I ever finish Mandau vs Aluh in the offhand?
I think it's pretty much equivalent as an offhand to Fire Thokcha and it can pull ahead by ~1% if your attack is capped (or fall behind by ~1% if it's low). I'd use it just because it looks like it'd be super fun o.o
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-08-19 21:47:10  
This is actually a pretty gross question? <_< I'm slowly working on a str thokcha, but I know the geodes are gonna take me a bit, should I actually start to offhand it (in stuff like dynamis) while I'm still at the Geode trials? (Thinking even 15 Flame Geodes would take me a bit, so...) Or should I just stick with oynos offhand and be lazy?
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-19 22:16:21  
If you're doing Dynamis, how are you not affording geodes within 2 days?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-19 22:17:53  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
I think it's pretty much equivalent as an offhand to Fire Thokcha and it can pull ahead by ~1% if your attack is capped (or fall behind by ~1% if it's low). I'd use it just because it looks like it'd be super fun o.o

For DNC anyway, it pulls ahead across the board, no matter what. I don't know about THF specifically. You ladies have higher native triple attack.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-19 22:19:52  
I'm going to go ahead and point out that setting aside gil from Dynamis to upgrade your Thokcha immediately will result in a net gain over however many runs it would have otherwise taken you to finish upgrading it.
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-08-19 22:27:26  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
If you're doing Dynamis, how are you not affording geodes within 2 days?
Because I haven't done it for like, a month. D: Been lazy, and decided to work on a STR thokcha. D:
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-19 22:31:53  
Solo dynamis, buy geodes, profit.

Get off your *** etc.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-08-19 22:33:45  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Solo dynamis, buy geodes, profit.

Get off your *** etc.
Ok. :(
 Ragnarok.Lulo
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Lulo 2012-08-20 05:56:59  
What about Mandau+Asteria? Better or worst then Mandau+STREdagger99?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16