How Do You Feel About Windower?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 16 17 18
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 10:03:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Tbest said:
lol... Luignata just gets off on talking down to people from his high horse. The fact of the matter is, you're ignorant, Luignata. It's not about working 'harder', it's about working 'smarter'. The people that can innovate and find easier way to get things done to save both time and effort are the ones that get ahead in life. Unfortunately, you're just not one of them. Life is about living in that gray area. Not everything is cut and dry, black and white.

Smarter? You aren’t working smarter, you’re just being lazy and taking the easy way out. Your ideology is fine when you’re actually obeying the laws. I’m not gonna go out and shoot my competition in the head and justify is saying “Well I’m just working smarter!” It’s ILLEGAL. Rather then taking the lazy route out, be a man and learn to live with it. I’m a better man then you because I’m an honest citizen of Vanadiel, you’re just a thug with a Windower.

Quote:
And btw... Learn how to spell before you try to say you're better THAN I am, moron.

Learn to fully type out your words and maybe I’ll learn you type better.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 10:07:53  
lol... A thug. You're only better in your mind. In the minds of everyone else, you're ignorant.
As for the shooting the competition? We're harming no one. Instead, it's akin to using a calculator instead of an abacus.

And on the typing bit... XD Using acronyms like lol, btw, fyi, and so on are very acceptable. Nice try though. *Hands Luignata a dictionary and a thesaurus.* Maybe these will help.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-14 10:10:37  
Tbest said:
lol... Luignata just gets off on talking down to people from his high horse. The fact of the matter is, you're ignorant, Luignata. It's not about working 'harder', it's about working 'smarter'. The people that can innovate and find easier way to get things done to save both time and effort are the ones that get ahead in life. Unfortunately, you're just not one of them. Life is about living in that gray area. Not everything is cut and dry, black and white.

And btw... Learn how to spell before you try to say you're better THAN I am, moron.

thanks for the english class, its appreciated, always is on a forum or chat. I mean its a totally legit argument to prove a irrelevant point that absolutely no one gives a *** about.

Your an absolute moron saying that cheating is a better way of doing things, lets go play a 1st person shooter and put up our aim bots, its gonna be one hell of a game, just walk around and click click click for head shots (hell of an innovation haha)

edit:

this thread is again deviating from the accepted point that windower plugins give an unfair advantage over others. If you are saying that thees advantages aren't of much benefit you are by all means ignorant of the way this game works.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 10:14:40  
Except, these aren't bots. :P
When you can point me to a game breaking part of Windower, then you might have a leg to stand on in this argument.
Seeing when recasts are up,
how long your buffs have been on,
how much xp/hr you're getting,
the mp/tp of party members,
distance from a mob,
and counters like shadows or time til your next resting tick sure do not break any part of the game.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 10:15:06

Quote:
*Hands Luignata a dictionary and a thesaurus.* Maybe these will help.

If you want to help me then I will graciously accept your offer. Assuming your offer still stands on the table, PM me and I’ll PM you my P.O. Box so you can actually mail me a dictionary and thesaurus. I’m desperately in need of your help, I look forward to your PM!
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-14 10:16:07  
Tbest said:
When you can point me to a game breaking part of Windower, then you might have a leg to stand on in this argument.
distance from a mob,
and counters like shadows or time til your next resting tick sure do not break any part of the game.

Tbest said:
lol... A thug. You're only better in your mind. In the minds of everyone else, you're ignorant.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 10:16:30  
Here ya go. http://www.dictionary.com and http://www.thesaurus.com.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-14 10:19:53  
for such l33t h4x0rz im surprised you didn't suggest a firefox spellchecker plugin
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 10:22:47

Quote:
distance from a mob,

Never said anything about game breaking. It’s all about taking the lazy way out. As stated so many times by those who use Windower, “Everything Windower gives you you can do in-game without it”. Well then I ask the same of you, if you can use it in-game and there’s absolutely no difference then why the hell you using Windower in the first place?

Because Windower gives you an advantage, that’s why. An unfair advantage. I would love to see a RDM try and solo without Windower, they’re gonna be lost without their distance, recast, shadow counter, buff timer. They’re gonna fail.

I can safely say that there was atleast one incident where Windower had helped save themselves, or a fellow player in game. Whether you saw that your shadows are only 1, and you recast just in time to save yourself from a triple attack that would have killed you, or saw that your friends your Shellra was wearing off and you cast it again before it wore off and you end up dying, but your friend that got your Shellra managed to survive with 10 HP from a –ga spell and safely get away… These are rare instances where Windower actually made an impact on the game where as previously it would have gone south.

I can guarantee you that after all the years FFXI has been up, that these instances have happened where Windower helped save someone’s ***. So when you say that it doesn’t effect the game, that’s where you’re wrong, it has, and it will continue to.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 10:27:25

My apologies, my computer refuses to load those two websites. I’m afraid I’m unable to view them. I suppose you’re just gonna havta buy me those books if you truly want to help me.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 10:27:54  
No, I'm saying that it does not in any way affect you in a negative way. Instead, if at some time someone was using Windower and saved your incompetent ***, you should be THANKING them. But you can't get beyond the fact that they're using something you deem yourself 'too good' to use.

Then again... Maybe you haven't been in a situation where someone using Windower saved you because you avoid all end-game events aside from Dynamis and from what I remember, refuse to switch out eq for casting various spells.
Sure, Dynamis mobs are pretty weak and you could debuff them wearing 0 gear at all, but not everyone limits themselves to only Dynamis in a world with such vast possibilities as Vana'diel.

Too bad? Guess you'll have to figure out a way to view them since you're soooo amazing using computers. XD
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 10:32:49  
Seriously, clean the sand out of your vagina and get over it. Some of the apps are unfair but bitching and moaning about recast and timers is stupid. I play on both 360 and PC. On my 360 I have a recast macro in each spell macro and recast macros for each JA on DD jobs which I spam. All windower does is save you from clutter in the chat log. Quit crying.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 10:36:38

Quote:
No, I'm saying that it does not in any way affect you in a negative way.

What an ignorant statement. Of course it affects me, it’s like saying the Salvage dupe didn’t affect me. Prices went through the roof with Wootz Ingots because everyone was getting all these Salvage pieces, which makes it harder for me to get the Wootz Ingots cause they’re so pricey. If you want another example, then when a RDM solo’s a sky pop item, then the price of that item drops because there’s 1 more in the game. Subsequently the items that you from the god will drop too. That’s 10,000 gil Windower cost me. That is indeed a negative effect.

Quote:
Then again... Maybe you haven't been in a situation where someone using Windower saved you because you avoid all end-game events aside from Dynamis

I’ve done Sky, Salvage, Dynamis, Einharjar, HNM, ZNM, and probably a couple more that haven’t come to mind. No Sea, as I have not yet completed CoP and am unable to access many of the zones needed to do Limbus or Jailers. So far I’ve grown bored of everything I’ve done. Dynamis is the only thing that actually interests me, hence why I currently only do Dynamis.

Quote:
refuse to switch out eq for casting various spells.

Sorry, I don’t have Windower. I don’t have the ability to do all my gear swaps with 1 macro, so I deal with what I got currently equipped. I’m a better person then you because of it.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 10:37:49

Quote:
Seriously, clean the sand out of your vagina and get over it. Some of the apps are unfair but bitching and moaning about recast and timers is stupid. I play on both 360 and PC. On my 360 I have a recast macro in each spell macro and recast macros for each JA on DD jobs which I spam. All windower does is save you from clutter in the chat log. Quit crying.

So you admit yourself that Windower gives you an advantage over other players… that’s all I need to hear. :)
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 10:44:26  
lol... I don't even use Windower for that. And the only times I even use macros are when I have to switch out gear for something.

Instead of assuming something, try knowing what you're talking about first. The only plugins I use in Windower are Distance, TParty, Lightluggage (sorry, better than SE's version. lol), TimeStamp, and Recast (this one b/c I can't see when BP timers are counting down w/o an avatar out.)

As for the sky pops, an item is worth whatever someone will pay for it and the prices of items very rarely are reduced beyond their accepted values unless it's a massive inflation or deflation of the economy. Byakko's Haidate for example are a pretty constant 5 mil in most Linkshells. Just because a Red Mage solos the pop items for one set does NOT mean they are going to be dropping in price and costing you gil.

Also, just because a Red Mage can solo WITH windower, does NOT mean that they can't solo WITHOUT it.
This is similar to someone xp'ing a job. Sure, a PL is nice and increases the efficiency of the party, but it is NOT needed.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 10:44:47  
Less clutter in chat is an advantage? Never knew...
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 10:45:57  
Ooh, don't forget about those people that use the silence plugin to eliminate the equipment changed text in the chat log. That's a HUGE advantage right there.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 10:51:58  
Luignata said:

Quote:
so what if its 10 pages ago? a point is still a point

ill say it again >.>

I stopped reading there. I don’t need to hear you try and justify why you’re cheating. You’re cheating, you need to stop, nuff said.

Dude...you are on here correct? You are using this site correct? Do you use killingifrit? Maybe, do you use ffxiclopedia? Most likely. Do you use allakhazam? probaby. Ok then you are infact a cheater, therefore, you are better than no one here. ZOMG liek dudz i haz uber 1337 skillz coz me no cheatz on da gamez! WRONG! 1) its a game 2) you cheat everytime you lookup info regarding the game =) have a nice day.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 10:57:29

Quote:
As for the sky pops, an item is worth whatever someone will pay for it and the prices of items very rarely are reduced beyond their accepted values unless it's a massive inflation or deflation of the economy. Byakko's Haidate for example are a pretty constant 5 mil in most Linkshells. Just because a Red Mage solos the pop items for one set does NOT mean they are going to be dropping in price and costing you gil.

Have you watched every single sale of every pop item that was solo’d by a RDM? (Or any player regardless of job that had Windower make an impact on them getting the item) How do you know that a RDM with windower solo’d it, put it in for 300k, someone legit solos it, see’s the item in the windower’s bazaar and tries to sell it for 300k, but it doesn’t sell so he puts it in for 290k? We all know it happens, and it could have been avoided if someone didn’t bother using the illegal windower to help them farm a pop item that they could not have potentially gotten without Windower.

Quote:

Quote:
Ooh, don't forget about those people that use the silence plugin to eliminate the equipment changed text in the chat log. That's a HUGE advantage right there.

When you’re trying to count your shadows like a legit person, or the “Gravity Effect wore off” message scrolled by so fast that you missed it, yes, it’s an advantage, because by the off chance that you missed it, Windower prevents that and could save you in the end. Every little thing Windower does can help you in game and give you an unfair advantage.

Quote:
Dude...you are on here correct? You are using this site correct? Do you use killingifrit? Maybe, do you use ffxiclopedia? Most likely. Do you use allakhazam? probaby. Ok then you are infact a cheater, therefore, you are better than no one here. ZOMG liek dudz i haz uber 1337 skillz coz me no cheatz on da gamez! WRONG! 1) its a game 2) you cheat everytime you lookup info regarding the game =) have a nice day.

That’s not the topic on hand, we're discussing Windower, (It's in the thread title if you have trouble finding it) thanks for trying though. Two wrongs don't make a right. You have a nice day yourself.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 10:58:24  
Tbest said:

What about those cheating *** who use chat filters!?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 10:59:44

Excesspain said:
Tbest said:

What about those cheating *** who use chat filters!?

Everyone has access to chat filter, not everyone has access to Windower. Fail.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 11:03:11  
Luignata said:
Have you watched every single sale of every pop item that was solo’d by a RDM? (Or any player regardless of job that had Windower make an impact on them getting the item) How do you know that a RDM with windower solo’d it, put it in for 300k, someone legit solos it, see’s the item in the windower’s bazaar and tries to sell it for 300k, but it doesn’t sell so he puts it in for 290k? We all know it happens, and it could have been avoided if someone didn’t bother using the illegal windower to help them farm a pop item that they could not have potentially gotten without Windower.

Just because something doesn't sell in the first hour you put it in Bazaar doesn't mean that you have to undercut by 10k to sell it. Great logic there though, you're only hurting yourself when you undercut.

And you keep saying that 'someone using an illegal windower farmed it', but you fail to recognize part of my post. Just because someone uses a Windower does not mean that they can't still kill the mob w/o it.
Windower doesn't give you a big button that you can press to kill the mob instantly after all. If it did, you might actually have a point there.

Yeah, not everyone has access to Windower, but most people 'could' have access to it if they so desired. Like I've said before, most of the people that play the game have a computer capable of playing it as well.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 11:05:15  
Luignata said:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When you’re trying to count your shadows like a legit person, or the “Gravity Effect wore off” message scrolled by so fast that you missed it, yes, it’s an advantage, because by the off chance that you missed it, Windower prevents that and could save you in the end. Every little thing Windower does can help you in game and give you an unfair advantage.

Quote:

That’s not the topic on hand, we're discussing Windower, (It's in the thread title if you have trouble finding it) thanks for trying though. Two wrongs don't make a right. You have a nice day yourself.

Yes we are discussing how windower is cheating and how you say you are better than everyone who uses it. My point is that everyone who uses any outside source of info regarding FFXI is cheating so you are NO better than anyone else. Get your head out of your *** and think. Is cheating right? No. Do I use windower? Yes. Do I use this site? Yes. Do you use this site? Yes. We are all cheaters. Get over it.

IMO, windower gives no type of advantage that you could not already get in the game (mine doesnt at least) so as far as I'm concerned, you are either trolling just so you can be a piss ant E-thug in forums or you are butthurt because someone WITH windower did something you can't not because they have windower but because they are infact better than you.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 11:07:12  
Dubont said:
Luignata said:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes we are discussing how windower is cheating and how you say you are better than everyone who uses it. My point is that everyone who uses any outside source of info regarding FFXI is cheating so you are NO better than anyone else. Get your head out of your *** and think. Is cheating right? No. Do I use windower? Yes. Do I use this site? Yes. Do you use this site? Yes. We are all cheaters. Get over it.

IMO, windower gives no type of advantage that you could not already get in the game (mine doesnt at least) so as far as I'm concerned, you are either trolling just so you can be a piss ant E-thug in forums or you are butthurt because someone WITH windower did something you can't not because they have windower but because they are infact better than you.

^ This.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-14 11:07:36  
Someone sounds butthurt because they can't solo sky pops <_<

Counting shadows isn't hard! Most of the time solo you will be using Utsusemi: Ichi so that it can overwrite itself and so you have Utsusemi: Ni for those emergencies, which can be used at any time. Counting shadows isn't the hard part if you're focussed enough to be able to solo.

Missing Gravity wore off? Lol? There are a few obvious signs of this. Relying on Gravity as opposed to using it for emergencies? Oh dear.

Improve your RDM gear and your technique and you too can solo sky pops, windower or not.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 11:11:33  
If you are soloing something and can't figure out when grav drops you have bigger issues then windower.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-14 11:14:37  
By the way, just to throw it in there, one of the best RDM soloers I know plays on Xbox~
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-14 11:15:34  
lol what i mostly see here is a bunch of noobs who dont even know how windower gives them an upper hand. I mean, all righttt! keep using your hack its not like it matters since your ignorent enough to not know how to use it haha.

But sadly a lot of ppl know how to use it, especially a few elitist RDMs.

@ Raenryong your missing the whole point of his posts and are only displaying one tiny little aspect of it to build an argument, your laughable.

There are 14 pages here, with tons of arguments and explanations on how windower gives an upper hand to RDMs and other jobs, go read em up you sound like a retard when you just bluntly say it doesn't matter.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 11:17:29

Quote:
Just because something doesn't sell in the first hour you put it in Bazaar doesn't mean that you have to undercut by 10k to sell it. Great logic there though, you're only hurting yourself when you undercut.

Could have been avoided if the person didn’t use Windower. In the end, I lose 10k, which has a negative effect on me.

Quote:
And you keep saying that 'someone using an illegal windower farmed it', but you fail to recognize part of my post. Just because someone uses a Windower does not mean that they can't still kill the mob w/o it. Windower doesn't give you a big button that you can press to kill the mob instantly after all. If it did, you might actually have a point there.

That is exactly what I’m saying. In the rare instance that Windower could mean the difference between fail or success, it has a negative impact on me.

Quote:
Yeah, not everyone has access to Windower, but most people 'could' have access to it if they so desired. Like I've said before, most of the people that play the game have a computer capable of playing it as well.

You’re a moron. Just cause everyone in New York has access to heroin doesn’t mean we’re all gonna go out and start shooting up. It’s ILLEGAL. Of course we have access to it, but we’re better then you Windower players.

[/quote]Yes we are discussing how windower is cheating and how you say you are better than everyone who uses it. [/quote]

I’m better then everyone that uses it, pretty much sums it up.

Quote:
My point is that everyone who uses any outside source of info regarding FFXI is cheating so you are NO better than anyone else.

So because I drive 5 miles per hour over the speed limit means I’m just as bad as the person that speeds 15 miles over the speed limit? I may be able to get off scott free, or with a warning, while you’re gonna get slapped with a ticket. Feather that broke the camels back.

Quote:
Get your head out of your *** and think. Is cheating right? No. Do I use windower? Yes. Do I use this site? Yes. Do you use this site? Yes. We are all cheaters. Get over it.

See previous statement.

Quote:
IMO, windower gives no type of advantage that you could not already get in the game (mine doesnt at least)

It does give an advantage, and you cannot deny that. It is statistically improbable that Windower has made no impact on the game. Prove to me that Windower has not changed a single thing about this game.

Quote:
so as far as I'm concerned, you are either trolling just so you can be a piss ant E-thug in forums

Have to entertain myself somehow, and I love knowing exactly who I am better then. I’ve got a list right here by my computer of all the people I’m better then, and I smile everytime I look at it. You can be sure you’re on it!

Quote:
or you are butthurt because someone WITH windower did something you can't not because they have windower but because they are infact better than you.

Ah, you finally admit Windower gives an advantage in game… That’s all I need to hear! Thanks.
 Asura.Slamm
サーバ: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 11:20:38  
Luignata said:
Quote:
Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it shouldn't be done...

That’s precisely what I’m saying. If it’s illegal, don’t do it, it’s illegal for a reason.

I stopped reading there. I don’t need to hear you try and justify why you’re cheating. You’re cheating, you need to stop, nuff said.

firstly i never said i did or didn't use it, and tbh the thing i feel strongly about most is that with all the effort that aikar starhawk and the rest put into that program for users, getting nothing out of it themselves, people should give windower a break.

they don't have to do that for us, they could keep w/e they make to themselves but choose not to, if we all thought like you they wouldn't let others use it and how many would quit then?

also do u realize how much ***is illegal?

pretty much everything...

its illegal to let your friends watch a dvd u bought

its illegal to lend someone your ps2 game.., or even play multilayer if both users don't own the game.

when it comes to stuff like software, lots of stuff is illegal that no one really gives a ***about.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 16 17 18