How Do You Feel About Windower?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-13 13:22:07  
Luignata said:
Hitetsu said:

Luignata said:
FFXIAH is a website, it's not downloaded, it does not alter our perception or ability to play the game. It does not change the code in FFXI or alter the game in any shape or form. Therefor it cannot be considered a 3rd party program.

Please, show me where Windower changes the code behind FFXI, as opposed to simply placing pretty numbers everywhere.

The numbers you see on the screen are windower altering the FFXI code, or injecting it’s own code, both of which are illegal.

Actually, those numbers do not alter FFXI's code. Altering code would in fact, change something, opposed to simply displaying something that anyone COULD do. That's like saying "All those people that use stopwatches to time things cheat".
 Ramuh.Yasko
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-13 13:22:12  
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:
This is a third-party tool, whether you like it or not, Luignata.

Show me where in the ToS it says that.

Are you a *** idiot the ToS doesnt say what programs are 3rd pt programs

FFXIAH is a website, it's not downloaded, it does not alter our perception or ability to play the game. It does not change the code in FFXI or alter the game in any shape or form. Therefor it cannot be considered a 3rd party program.

website is a function which is apart of a program. To view website, website needs to be downloaded. What you see therein, alters the way you play the game. It alters your Auction House perception. Everything you said is false.

Anything not SE is 3rd party in relationship to SE

But still, I enjoyed it. I think the greater point is that we the players are shaping how the game is made and played, simply by our choices on how we cheat. Power to the people!
 Leviathan.Symbol
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-13 13:23:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I love how this has changed into a "How do you feel about ffxiah" thread.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-13 13:23:53  
Luignata said:

We’re downloading HTML. We’re not downloading any 3rd party programs that allow us to alter the game. Learn how websites work please, I’m a website designer, I know these things.

First of all, LOL @ dropping RL bs to prove your online point.

Sooooo, what your saying here is. If I shrunk my windowed mode a little bit and windower displayed all of the stats in say, a Notepad that was opened to the side it would totally be fine? Freaking idiot.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:24:56  
w00t go higher post counts! rofl. this is still beyond epic fail
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-05-13 13:25:45  
Frobeus said:
Luignata said:

We’re downloading HTML. We’re not downloading any 3rd party programs that allow us to alter the game. Learn how websites work please, I’m a website designer, I know these things.

Sooooo, what your saying here is. If I shrunk my windowed mode a little bit and windower displayed all of the stats in say, a Notepad that was opened to the side it would totally be fine? Freaking idiot.

. . . <I don't know how to answer that question> =P
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:26:04  
Frobeus said:
Luignata said:

It'd be just as fine as this site and in most ways the same.
 Ramuh.Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-13 13:26:38  
I'm god. I know everything.

But you are god too. You knew this.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 13:28:06

Hitetsu said:
Luignata said:
Hitetsu said:

Luignata said:

Please, show me where Windower changes the code behind FFXI, as opposed to simply placing pretty numbers everywhere.

The numbers you see on the screen are windower altering the FFXI code, or injecting it’s own code, both of which are illegal.

Actually, those numbers do not alter FFXI's code. Altering code would in fact, change something, opposed to simply displaying something that anyone COULD do. That's like saying "All those people that use stopwatches to time things cheat".

Which is why I used the word "Inject". Injecting your own code into FFXI is illegal.

Quote:
website is a function which is apart of a program. To view website, website needs to be downloaded. What you see therein, alters the way you play the game. It alters your Auction House perception. Everything you said is false.

Anything not SE is 3rd party in relationship to SE

But still, I enjoyed it. I think the greater point is that we the players are shaping how the game is made and played, simply by our choices on how we cheat. Power to the people

I will repeat what I said. Websites are designed around HTML. When you view this website, you download HTML. You do not downloading the 3rd party program that searches FFXI’s AH. That is kept secret by the admins of this site. We do not have access to the program. If SE banned based on your logic, everyone in the game, and I mean every single person, would be banned for doing something “3rd party”, which is basically anything but FFXI.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-05-13 13:28:14  
This can't be over til we hear from the chick with the almost 4000 post count..or at least that's how I thought it worked..
 Kujata.Barol
サーバ: Kujata
user: Axenwulf
By Kujata.Barol 2009-05-13 13:28:20  
Frobeus said:
Luignata said:

nope notepad is 3rd party ToS banstickable now
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 13:30:12  
Barol said:
nope notepad is 3rd party ToS banstickable now

So is Firefox/IE/etc =P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-05-13 13:32:06  
and Hello Bart!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:32:36  
Luignata said:
Frobeus said:
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:
This is a third-party tool, whether you like it or not, Luignata.

Show me where in the ToS it says that.

Are you a *** idiot the ToS doesnt say what programs are 3rd pt programs

First of all, you do realize that you have to download the website to be able to view it right?

How does windower change the code in ffxi? All windower does is allow you to view the info coming from the server in a more organized way.

Show me where it says we have to download something for it to be against the rules. Better yet I'll just prove you wrong now
"(j) Violating any Rule.
In addition, SEI shall be entitled to terminate the account (immediately and without notice) of any User who (1) was previously suspended or terminated by SEI and who SEI believes (in SEI's sole discretion) re-registered using different information in order to avoid such suspension or termination or (2) SEI believes (in its sole discretion), based on the User or other account information provided by such User now or at any time in the past (including, but not limited to, such User's name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, e-mail address, and credit card account information), that such User is related to or assisting one or more Users who are responsible for, or have participated in, Prohibited Activities of any kind."

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:36:10  
Bartimaeus said:
Luignata fails to realize that by allowing AND using this website, you are an accomplice to a windower-based component. You may not be in control of it, but you're using it's gains.

Whether you like it or not Luigi, you're still in the boat. lol

SINK TEH BOAT!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:36:30  
Bartimaeus said:
Luignata fails to realize that by allowing AND using this website, you are an accomplice to a windower-based component. You may not be in control of it, but you're using it's gains.

Whether you like it or not Luigi, you're still in the boat. lol

Exactly thats what the whole quoted section means in simple terms
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:38:13  
zing?
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 13:39:39

Quote:
You use a website with components of windower.

You hate/disagree with windower.

You "know" the two have "nothing to do with eachother'. (Therefor you're ok, and guilt free)

Seriously, that makes so much sense. If we keep muddling facts with ***, anyone's point sounds valid.

Then I’ll sum up my viewpoint on this thread. Windower is illegal, that’s a fact that can’t be argued. FFXIAH is not illegal because it does not alter the way we play the game, the act of viewing the website or posting on it does not breach the ToS.

Now the ethics behind both are a completely different topic, is it morally acceptable to use either? I think that can be saved for it’s own thread…

Quote:
Show me where it says we have to download something for it to be against the rules. Better yet I'll just prove you wrong now
"(j) Violating any Rule.
In addition, SEI shall be entitled to terminate the account (immediately and without notice) of any User who (1) was previously suspended or terminated by SEI and who SEI believes (in SEI's sole discretion) re-registered using different information in order to avoid such suspension or termination or (2) SEI believes (in its sole discretion), based on the User or other account information provided by such User now or at any time in the past (including, but not limited to, such User's name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, e-mail address, and credit card account information), that such User is related to or assisting one or more Users who are responsible for, or have participated in, Prohibited Activities of any kind."

This quote is basically SE’s way of saying “We reserve the right to terminate your account for any reason we damn well please. If you typed the word ‘the’, we consider that the same word RMT use and therefore you are assisting RMT and we’re gonna ban you.”

Really, contracts are all about SE being able to do anything they want. If you use that quote to argue this topic, then they could ban the entire game for whatever the hell they feel like. It’s like treating the disease by killing the patient. So when it boils down to it, sure, FFXIAH is illegal. So is chatting with your LS, camping NM’s, talking to an NPC, blah, blah blah.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-13 13:42:05  
If you don't think ffxiah alters the way that many/most of us play the game then you deserve a free entry into the next special olympics.
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-13 13:42:11

IM ON A BOAT, TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHER F*CKING BOAT lol. yay for being a console user?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-13 13:44:42  
Bartimaeus said:
I think we can just all agree to disagree. lol

This "fight' will go nowhere, and we will all end up back at the start with our same thoughts.

Like it? Use it. Don't like it? Don't use it.

Everything has consequences, and the only fool is the fool who doesn't understand them. :P

Symbol said:
IM ON A BOAT, TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHER F*CKING BOAT lol. yay for being a console user?

lmao <3

Evolution is an intelligent force. <3 Bart brings me closer to God. =P
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 13:45:08

Quote:
If you don't think ffxiah alters the way that many/most of us play the game then you deserve a free entry into the next special olympics.

FFXIAH does not alter the way the game is played, FFXIAH alters the way WE play the game. Two different things.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:46:02  
TORPEDO! STARBOARD SIDE! ABANDON SHIP!
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18