How Do You Feel About Windower?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-13 13:46:07  
Krullgra said:
Bart your avatar makes me want to /wrist myself. I feel gay after looking at it.

.18 seconds of bart's avatar > you
[+]
 Ramuh.Yasko
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-13 13:46:41  
Luignata said:
Quote:
If you don't think ffxiah alters the way that many/most of us play the game then you deserve a free entry into the next special olympics.

FFXIAH does not alter the way the game is played, FFXIAH alters the way WE play the game. Two different things.

Haha! Not really. Just two different ways of saying the same thing.

Edit: For clarification, whether we are involved or not, the game is still being played, and is altered by the FFXIah experience. It's a cheat I enjoy!
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:47:46  
Luignata said:
Quote:
You use a website with components of windower.

You hate/disagree with windower.

You "know" the two have "nothing to do with eachother'. (Therefor you're ok, and guilt free)

Seriously, that makes so much sense. If we keep muddling facts with ***, anyone's point sounds valid.

Then I’ll sum up my viewpoint on this thread. Windower is illegal, that’s a fact that can’t be argued. FFXIAH is not illegal because it does not alter the way we play the game, the act of viewing the website or posting on it does not breach the ToS.

Now the ethics behind both are a completely different topic, is it morally acceptable to use either? I think that can be saved for it’s own thread…

Quote:
Show me where it says we have to download something for it to be against the rules. Better yet I'll just prove you wrong now
"(j) Violating any Rule.
In addition, SEI shall be entitled to terminate the account (immediately and without notice) of any User who (1) was previously suspended or terminated by SEI and who SEI believes (in SEI's sole discretion) re-registered using different information in order to avoid such suspension or termination or (2) SEI believes (in its sole discretion), based on the User or other account information provided by such User now or at any time in the past (including, but not limited to, such User's name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, e-mail address, and credit card account information), that such User is related to or assisting one or more Users who are responsible for, or have participated in, Prohibited Activities of any kind."

This quote is basically SE’s way of saying “We reserve the right to terminate your account for any reason we damn well please. If you typed the word ‘the’, we consider that the same word RMT use and therefore you are assisting RMT and we’re gonna ban you.”

Really, contracts are all about SE being able to do anything they want. If you use that quote to argue this topic, then they could ban the entire game for whatever the hell they feel like. It’s like treating the disease by killing the patient. So when it boils down to it, sure, FFXIAH is illegal. So is chatting with your LS, camping NM’s, talking to an NPC, blah, blah blah.

100% and completely wrong there is a section for we can ban you for anything and says exactly that we can ban you for anything. Show me where windower is illegal have you read the user agreements at all?
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 13:49:02  
Yeah, as far as I know... There's no part of the ToS that says verbatim, "Use of third-party tools is illegal and a bannable offense."
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-13 13:49:19  
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Quote:
You use a website with components of windower.

You hate/disagree with windower.

You "know" the two have "nothing to do with eachother'. (Therefor you're ok, and guilt free)

Seriously, that makes so much sense. If we keep muddling facts with ***, anyone's point sounds valid.

Then I’ll sum up my viewpoint on this thread. Windower is illegal, that’s a fact that can’t be argued. FFXIAH is not illegal because it does not alter the way we play the game, the act of viewing the website or posting on it does not breach the ToS.

Now the ethics behind both are a completely different topic, is it morally acceptable to use either? I think that can be saved for it’s own thread…

Quote:
Show me where it says we have to download something for it to be against the rules. Better yet I'll just prove you wrong now
"(j) Violating any Rule.
In addition, SEI shall be entitled to terminate the account (immediately and without notice) of any User who (1) was previously suspended or terminated by SEI and who SEI believes (in SEI's sole discretion) re-registered using different information in order to avoid such suspension or termination or (2) SEI believes (in its sole discretion), based on the User or other account information provided by such User now or at any time in the past (including, but not limited to, such User's name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, e-mail address, and credit card account information), that such User is related to or assisting one or more Users who are responsible for, or have participated in, Prohibited Activities of any kind."

This quote is basically SE’s way of saying “We reserve the right to terminate your account for any reason we damn well please. If you typed the word ‘the’, we consider that the same word RMT use and therefore you are assisting RMT and we’re gonna ban you.”

Really, contracts are all about SE being able to do anything they want. If you use that quote to argue this topic, then they could ban the entire game for whatever the hell they feel like. It’s like treating the disease by killing the patient. So when it boils down to it, sure, FFXIAH is illegal. So is chatting with your LS, camping NM’s, talking to an NPC, blah, blah blah.

100% and completely wrong there is a section for we can ban you for anything and says exactly that we can ban you for anything. Show me where windower is illegal have you read the user agreements at all?

"3rd party tools"
sorry. Windower is a third party tool =P
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 13:49:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Quote:

Oh? Obviously you have a hard time reading. I’ll quote the key words in that snippit:

Quote:
and who SEI believes (in SEI's sole discretion)

SEI’s sole discretion. AKA meaning anything they damn well please.

Like I said, it’s SE’s way of saying they can do anything they damn well please… again.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:49:47  
Luignata said:
Quote:
If you don't think ffxiah alters the way that many/most of us play the game then you deserve a free entry into the next special olympics.

FFXIAH does not alter the way the game is played, FFXIAH alters the way WE play the game. Two different things.

windower doesnt alter the way the game is played either. Just like ffxiah it provides us with info that we could already get in game in a much more convient fashion. For that matter windower itself doesnt do ***. Its those plug ins really.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 13:51:14

Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Quote:

windower doesnt alter the way the game is played either. Just like ffxiah it provides us with info that we could already get in game in a much more convient fashion. For that matter windower itself doesnt do ***. Its those plug ins really.

I will say this again… Windower injects coding into the game to give you all this pretty info on your screen. It is illegal. Please read 3 pages ago before replying.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:52:00  
Luignata said:
Quote:

Oh? Obviously you have a hard time reading. I’ll quote the key words in that snippit:

Quote:

Like I said, it’s SE’s way of saying they can do anything they damn well please… again.

perhaps you have a hard time reading so Ill do it another quote
(d) SEI MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY PLAYONLINE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME, WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
which is much much different then deeming something is wrong.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 13:52:27  
Tbest said:
Yeah, as far as I know... There's no part of the ToS that says verbatim, "Use of third-party tools is illegal and a bannable offense."

FFXI User Agreement said:
Article 3: Prohibited Activities and Indemnification
3.1 Prohibited Activities.
You may not use the Game or PlayOnline for any activities that are illegal, fraudulent, or a violation of the rights of any third party. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following acts and activities are strictly prohibited and shall, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that SEI may have, be cause for immediate termination of your PlayOnline account and your right to play the Game (or any other services) in connection therewith:

(a) Any activities consisting of selling, purchasing, or exchanging, "gil" (or any other in-Game currency), accounts, characters, "a playerfs time and effort spent playing the Game," or Game items, for value (such as real currency) by any method, including, Internet auctions or other online exchanges;
(b) The use of the Game for the purpose of, in furtherance of, or in preparation for, committing any illegal acts (e.g., gambling) or otherwise violating any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;
(c) The interference with, disruption of, or "hacking" of, the Game or the PlayOnline Service or any servers, networks or related websites, or the failure to obey any procedures, policies, regulations or other requirements of any networks connected to the PlayOnline Service;
(d) Any intellectual property infringement or trade secret violation; this includes the unauthorized use, duplication, transmission, display, performance or distribution of any intellectual property relating to the Game or PlayOnline Service, or owned by any third party, or any other commission of any act of copyright, trademark, or patent infringement, trade secret infringement or misappropriation;
(e) The impersonation of any employee of SEI or any SEI partner or affiliate, any other user of the Game or the PlayOnline Service, or any other person, in a manner intended to deceive or mislead any third party, or to access the account of another Game player or PlayOnline user;
(f) The use of the Game or the PlayOnline Service to harass SEI, its employees, or any third parties, including other users of the Game and PlayOnline Service, or to solicit, encourage or threaten bodily harm, the destruction of property (including data belonging to SEI), or to violate any agreement between you and SEI; and
(g) Use of any cheat codes or cheat devices.
(h) In addition, SEI does not consent to or authorize any recording or reproduction of any communications between SEI and you. You may not record, reproduce or publish any communication with SEI. In addition to any other rights or remedies that SEI may have, you may also be subject to criminal and civil sanctions and fines.
3.2 Indemnification.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold SEI harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, expenses, attorney and other legal fees and costs arising from or relating to your commission of any acts or activities prohibited by this Agreement or any related agreement.

Bolded part is about as close as you can get.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:52:29  
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Quote:

I will say this again… Windower injects coding into the game to give you all this pretty info on your screen. It is illegal. Please read 3 pages ago before replying.

Please prove its illegal
 Kujata.Barol
サーバ: Kujata
user: Axenwulf
By Kujata.Barol 2009-05-13 13:52:41  
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Quote:

i wish i could agree with you on this but it does give you stuff like partyTP which you cant get without asking, and fillmode ; ;
 Ramuh.Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-13 13:52:52  
My calculator and stopwatches are tools (programs therein) that alter the way I play the game. 3rd party too!

SE is just at the mercy of its fanbase, however ignorant the fanbase might be. =)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-13 13:55:29  
Barol said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Quote:

i wish i could agree with you on this but it does give you stuff like partyTP which you cant get without asking, and fillmode ; ;

Party TP you can in fact know yourself if you were good enough to work out 6 people's TP, every 1~3 seconds, and work out the decimals to 1DP (decimal place) so you knew when they were at 100%.. Would be almost impossible, but still doable.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-13 13:55:55  
HOW ABOUT YOU CALL A GM AND ASK "can my friend use windower"
and see if he says yes. If he says yes its legal.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-05-13 13:56:12  
[quote=Luignata]
Quote:

I’ll sum up my viewpoint on this thread. Windower is illegal, that’s a fact that can’t be argued. FFXIAH is not illegal because it does not alter the way we play the game, the act of viewing the website or posting on it does not breach the ToS.

Ever look up something on FFXIah when you weren't loggen on, or when you were logged on but otherwise busy or doing something else..and if you say no I hope you get hit by the short bus that you just stepped off of. Or have you ever looked at another Characters buy/sell history well thats something that changes the way you play..wouldn't have access to that info without this site.

So moral of the story is your wrong and fail until you realize how stupid you sound or unitl you completely stop using this website, wiki, Alla, or any other site that helps you in anyway get information that you can't get in game..
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 13:56:24  
Luignata said:

Gonna be nit-picky here. Its not injecting code into the game. Its reading the information the game has in memory and overlaying that information on top of the game window. Its not changing the game at all.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 13:57:16

Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Quote:

Quote:

perhaps you have a hard time reading so Ill do it another quote
(d) SEI MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY PLAYONLINE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME, WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
which is much much different then deeming something is wrong.

Yes, that's SE saying the same thing, twice. And?

Quote:
Please prove its illegal

Read the ToS, I'm not your english teacher.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-05-13 13:57:27  
YES! Ludoggy has spoken /endthread!
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-13 13:58:05  
all thees wanna be programmers saying ffxiah and windower are the same thing... you dont know ***and are using asumptions to try to expand your e-penis.

The whole *** question here is not if windower or the ffxiah is in violation of the ToS but does it give someone an upper hand over someone else, and the obvious answer is yes (suck my *** if you disagree). The only difference between the two is that FFXIAH is accessible to 99.9% of the players, while a 3rd party program like windower is not. Even if you play on PC, some ppl prefer not to install game hacks for the obvious reason of security breaches and being at riskt to get banned.

All is see here is the same *** from other threads that love to disagree with everyone and stroke eachothers e-penises for comfort (talking about the ppl that got their post counts to 1k+ with *** licking).

Heres some facts:

1. GM catches you taking adventage of a windower plugin and you get your *** *** banned.

2. GM catches you taking adventage of a windower plugin and you get your *** *** banned.

3. GM catches you taking adventage of a windower plugin and you get your *** *** banned.

So yah think someone else (the gm) agrees that windower is a 3rd party program thats forbiden by mostly any ToS coming from a closed source app.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-13 13:59:21  
Hypnotizd said:
Luignata said:

Gonna be nit-picky here. Its not injecting code into the game. Its reading the information the game has in memory and overlaying that information on top of the game window. Its not changing the game at all.

Win!

Seriously though. You are reading this? You're illegal!
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-13 13:59:37  
Ive used windower for idk..... 4years? and ive never once even gotten close to a warning about it. and ive actually talked about it in game. not that a gm would listen but w/e. i dont think its unsafe to use.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:59:37  
Luignata said:
Quote:
Please prove its illegal

ie I cant find it
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 14:00:02

Hypnotizd said:
Luignata said:

Alright, if you wanna play it from that perspective, then that would be a breach of this ToS: (Parts bolded for clarity)

Quote:
(d) Any intellectual property infringement or trade secret violation; this includes the unauthorized use, duplication, transmission, display, performance or distribution of any intellectual property relating to the Game or PlayOnline Service, or owned by any third party, or any other commission of any act of copyright, trademark, or patent infringement, trade secret infringement or misappropriation;
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-13 14:00:58  
Serbzook said:
all thees wanna be programmers saying ffxiah and windower are the same thing... you dont know ***and are using asumptions to try to expand your e-penis.

The whole *** question here is not if windower or the ffxiah is in violation of the ToS but does it give someone an upper hand over someone else, and the obvious answer is yes (suck my *** if you disagree). The only difference between the two is that FFXIAH is accessible to 99.9% of the players, while a 3rd party program like windower is not. Even if you play on PC, some ppl prefer not to install game hacks for the obvious reason of security breaches and being at riskt to get banned.

All is see here is the same *** from other threads that love to disagree with everyone and stroke eachothers e-penises for comfort (talking about the ppl that got their post counts to 1k+ with *** licking).

Heres some facts:

1. GM catches you taking adventage of a windower plugin and you get your *** *** banned.

2. GM catches you taking adventage of a windower plugin and you get your *** *** banned.

3. GM catches you taking adventage of a windower plugin and you get your *** *** banned.

So yah think someone else (the gm) agrees that windower is a 3rd party program thats forbiden by mostly any ToS coming from a closed source app.

learn to spell advantage ***. and no. just no.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 14:01:13

Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Quote:
Please prove its illegal

ie I cant find it

IE, I'm at work and work blocks the link I need to read the ToS.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-13 14:02:05  
mods step in and pwn these ***
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-13 14:02:46  
Luignata said:
Hypnotizd said:
Luignata said:

Alright, if you wanna play it from that perspective, then that would be a breach of this ToS: (Parts bolded for clarity)

Quote:

You aren't claiming this as your own work, so I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply. (Bolded for clarity.)

Quote:
(d) Any intellectual property infringement or trade secret violation; this includes the unauthorized use, duplication, transmission, display, performance or distribution of any intellectual relating to the Game or PlayOnline Service, or owned by any third party, or any other commission of any act of copyright, trademark, or patent infringement, trade secret infringement or misappropriation;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 14:03:20  
Ludoggy said:
HOW ABOUT YOU CALL A GM AND ASK "can my friend use windower"
and see if he says yes. If he says yes its legal.

That's just part of the GM discrestion that and some of the plugins definitely are cheats. Also think they are butthurt about there windowed version not being as good as the very first windower. I'm still wondering how someone is argueing that this site is completely different from windower when it is admittedly written by the same people and that it is was written similarly and that this is in fact a 3rd pt program.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-13 14:03:34  
Houshisama said:
Serbzook said:

Heres some facts:

learn to spell advantage ***. and no. just no.

lol @ english class online
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18