A Returning RNG

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » A returning RNG
A returning RNG
By Outsider 2012-04-02 13:10:18  
Ok, so i quit the game before abyssea came out. i have been back for a a few weeks now and am now deciding to lvl rng again.
I know i will get yelled at for posting this when there are answers for this in the forums, but i cant find what i want to know..

What WS is best for rng now? excluding relic/mythic/emp
i dont have a LS to help me with emp. and i never really got into nyzul or dyna for the most part.

For exp parties, what should i gear for?
i have full af3+1 and accessories. TP and WS sets would be great help.
i'm not trying to be the best (so i dont care if emp/relic is better) i just want to pull decent numbers till i find a LS to help me get the goods
By Daner 2012-04-02 13:12:35  
Best WS: Last Stand

and as for gear there for thread somewhere about Last stand build and for TP set since you are probably using a gun if you are using last stand check the Anni TP set thread probably the closest thing.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-04-02 13:33:04  
I'm a big fan of the Moros Crossbow. I'd try to get your hands on one of them.

Last Stand is the best RNG WS out there atm.
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-04-02 14:39:20  
First off, for purely non-relic/mythic/emp WSs, last stand is the best as said.

Saying that, walk of echos is incredibly easy to do solo if you can get in when 5~10 other people are there. Flux 7 is best for coins. Harrier (fake emp bow, gives jishnu's radiance) is easy as hell to make like this and I personally find I pull better numbers with JR over LS - personal findings, neither set is perfect. Wildfire is equally easy - the true emp route is easy also but if you lack stones then it can be tricky.

Back on topic with what you asked for..

Magian fire/wind path guns are decent options, good place holders while working on gear/a stronger weapon. Also worth a look in are the multi hit path guns - either a 55dmg gun with 45% double shot rate, or a 65dmg gun with a decent double damage rate which might proc on WS (no confirmation here, its the same route as a melee weapons double attack route though, so it might work on WS as DA does).

Tp set to aim for..

Exp/abyssea set:

Exp/abyssea WS:

Aim for razed ruins/gnarled horn/sea daughter atma combo. VV or stout arm can have places also, but for EXP RR/GH/SD win from my experience.

Voidwatch sets would just swap certain pieces for racc and -enmity as needed. Eg, lokis swap to af3+2 body, rancor collar to af3+2 neck, etc. Obviously store tp where relevant.
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-04-02 14:41:06  
If you're going to exp and actually try, might as well make an actual melee setup and just swing away with a dagger/sword!
[+]
By Outsider 2012-04-02 14:59:17  
@Seiri
Well, when i quit i gave my account to my friend so he could use my crafts, he bought abyssea for it. i have like 1500 stones lol.
so what job is best for WoE? i have 99 blu nin dnc smn mnk.
and thank you for the reply. very helpfull :)
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-04-02 15:01:41  
I would recommend against making a multi-shot gun, as it is extremely de-valued by the double-shot ability. Your best bet is probably the fire path gun (str/rattk) until you can comfortably make an armageddon and/or annihilator. When making your TP set, try to factor in store tp so that you are getting as close to 100 tp as possible with as few hits as possible. Iirc the standard for gun is a 4-hit (1 WS + 3 shots to reach 100 tp, meaning roughly 25 tp per shot). With limited gear choices, you may have to /sam for the extra store tp to reach that.

Note on empyreans: Armageddon is on the "easy" empy path (carabosse, cc, isgebind). If you plan to get one, don't settle for the WoE version, as it is only slightly easier to make (possibly harder depending on coin drop rates and whatnot).
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-04-02 15:03:08  
Outsider said: »
@Seiri
Well, when i quit i gave my account to my friend so he could use my crafts, he bought abyssea for it. i have like 1500 stones lol.

Edit: I misread entirely!

Blu or smn ideal for flux 7, as said b4 u can solo fluxes as dnc or nin.
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-04-02 15:16:33  
Depending on your experience with soloing on jobs, you could most likely solo a flux as NIN or DNC. I'm sure you could do it on BLU as well, but as I said, it'll depend on your experiences of the job.

If you can round up a few friends, then it will be a cakewalk.

Also, as they have said above, do not make a WoE Arma. It is a waste of space/time etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-04-02 15:31:51  
Outsider said: »
@Seiri

No need to solo just spam 7, go as SMN. Tons of people always go to that one for coins/pouches. i ended up with 1 stack of each type of coin after about 2 weeks.
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-03 20:45:09  
And in two weeks you can make an Armageddon through shout groups! Don't do the walk of echos version!
 Asura.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Asura.Kenrusai 2012-04-03 22:14:09  
Annihilator (a.k.a topdog rng weapon) is by no means out of the question anymore, kit out your rng to basic liking, and work towards anni.

Level BST or maybe use you BLU (with TH JT) and sub DNC for dyna and you're golden.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-03 22:22:29  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
And in two weeks you can make an Armageddon through shout groups! Don't do the walk of echos version!
Two days*
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-04 02:58:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Two days*

I'm talking about the casual player. lol
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-04-04 03:54:37  
Siren.Seiri said: »

As said, Last Stand is the best RNG WS period (including emp/mythic/relic). My version of best is defined by the WS that is most damaging and most useful. There are situations where you'll want to use coronach; there are situations where you'll want to use wildfire; there are no situations where you'll want to use JR (why are you even suggesting this); and for mythic users, there are situations where you'll want to use trueflight. Ultimately though, there are more situations where you'll be using Last Stand. Get the highest base damage gun you can manage with whatever resources you have, make sure you can craft adaman bullets, and go nuts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-04 05:10:19  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Siren.Seiri said: »

As said, Last Stand is the best RNG WS period (including emp/mythic/relic). My version of best is defined by the WS that is most damaging and most useful. There are situations where you'll want to use coronach; there are situations where you'll want to use wildfire; there are no situations where you'll want to use JR (why are you even suggesting this); and for mythic users, there are situations where you'll want to use trueflight. Ultimately though, there are more situations where you'll be using Last Stand. Get the highest base damage gun you can manage with whatever resources you have, make sure you can craft adaman bullets, and go nuts.
If you are basing it off the most damaging and useful WS than it's definitely Coronach. While Coro may lose in dmg by 400-600dmg it pulls no hate and you can continue to pull hate. Using your definition of best WS I would hands down give Coronach the title.

Edit: The only place you'll be using Last Stand more is in older VW and Abyssea. Just because you do those more doesn't make it more useful. "It's more useful because the mob dies before my fanatics wears off and I can spam LS" isn't the right thought process. All that is going to do is get you killed when you fight something that is actually a longer fight aka Legion, Tav/ToAU/Prov VW, and anything else that isn't a zerged fight. RNG doesn't have much for defense so I would spam Coronach when it comes down to it