users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » 2012 Roadmap
2012 Roadmap
 Sylph.Knala
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-04-26 04:18:11  
Any one else notice ranged delay adjustment they put on the calendar for around september?

Can only hope its a positive adjustment... i cant really see them thinking ranger needs (nerf like) balancing right now... the more cynical part of me wants to believe that they will either try adjustments with good intent and lacking knowledge causing more harm then good, or balance incoming /sigh....
By volkom 2012-04-26 04:37:32  
Sylph.Knala said: »
Any one else notice ranged delay adjustment they put on the calendar for around september?

Can only hope its a positive adjustment... i cant really see them thinking ranger needs (nerf like) balancing right now... the more cynical part of me wants to believe that they will either try adjustments with good intent and lacking knowledge causing more harm then good, or balance incoming /sigh....

should just give rangers and corsairs a button to change stances so they just shoot as their mode of engagement instead of melee
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-26 13:36:20  
volkom said: »
Sylph.Knala said: »

should just give rangers and corsairs a button to change stances so they just shoot as their mode of engagement instead of melee
Speaking of things they should have added 10 years ago..
 Fenrir.Greever
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2012-04-26 16:00:44  
I wonder if their just going to remove/lower the "you must wait longer to preform that action" after a rng att.
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-04-27 01:11:56  
One thing that makes ranged attacker can't compete with the speed of melee attacker is that the 2.6~2.8s overhead after firing ranged attack . This delay persist throughout all compound ranged weapon regardless of type and delay.

Our best case scenario is they know how to remove this overhead delay completely (albeit, making the shooting animation very awkward and overlapping).
..oor reduce it to go down as low as throwing weapon's (a more realistic expectation).

And after that they probably will put ammo delay into delay equation; Because currently ammo delay only affects the TP gained from ranged weapon and have nothing to do with the actual aiming delay.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-04-27 02:20:42  
I had always thought it would make more sense to redo ranged attacks like this

-Bullet delay: reload time, the delay between one shot and the next
-Gun delay: Draw, aim, shoot sequence
-TP based on the combination of both
-Rapid shot: as is, you fire with no aim delay, though at a reduced accuracy (like firing from the hip in CoD)
-Rename Snapshot to QuickDraw (renaming the COR Qd to magic shot), reduces both reload and aim times, but not affecting TP gain
-Redo the ranged attack nerf, Having only the ranged accuracy be modified, and not damage.
New Ranger 2-hour: Machine gunner - Ranger goes into an auto-fire mode for a set duration, 2min-3mins, with only reload delay, and zero ammo consumption
 Fenrir.Greever
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2012-04-27 09:38:53  
ok so for the sake of discussion. what would be the positive/negitive impact of : A) they reduce the overhead delay or B) they add ammo delay to the total delay of ranged weapons.

Which in the long run would be more beneficial?
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-04-27 10:20:43  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30296/dev-final-fantasy-xi-2012-roadmap
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-04-27 10:40:33  

Yeah, we all know that, but this thread is for the Ranger portion of it. Perhaps the OP should have picked a better thread title.
[+]