users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Whm buffs
Whm buffs
 Asura.Floorboss
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2012-05-03 18:46:32  
With all the new gear out now is it better to have gear that enhance buffs like protect and shell or a full set? Same goes for elemental resistance like bar spells full set or not?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-03 18:49:50  
Depends on what kind of whm you are and how dedicated you are to the job I would think.

If you're like me then yea it's worth it, but if your time is limited it wont break you.
 Leviathan.Celille
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2012-05-03 18:53:01  
So basically what you are asking is "Is it okay to be gimp because everyone else around me has better gear?"
 Asura.Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2012-05-03 18:58:51  
Reason I was asking Kalilla I havent played whm since 95 cap but at it I have decent gear full af+2 cure potency close to 50% was just wondering if full set is more effective or seperate pieces. Never know what se thinking. I dont solo on whm its more of cure and buffs.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-05-03 19:09:59  
enhancing magic -> bar spell & boost spell.

bar spell keep orison body +2 on when solance up, for boost spell swap to an enhancing body, just like embrava, caps at 500.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-05-03 19:12:23  
Your question doesn't make sense. What "full set" are you talking about? WHM can wear lots of sets of armor. There are no set bonuses that affect protect/shell/etc. so I'm not really sure what you're asking.

As far as the barspell question, that's easy. The only thing that beats the set bonus from AF3+2 is Cleric's Pantaloons, so you should wear AF3+2 head/body/hands/feet and AF2 legs. Also, upgrade your AF2 legs to +2 and augment them when possible, as they are the only thing that can give you a stronger Shellra.
 Asura.Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2012-05-03 19:20:55  
Orison attire +2 set for buffs or gear that gives you enhancing magic stats like relic +2 gear. I know Orison +2 set gives you Augments elemental resist spells. I m just tring to get the gear that helps people out the most when fighting a mob boss.
 Phoenix.Varrout
サーバ: Phoenix
user: TehVar
By Phoenix.Varrout 2012-05-03 19:30:23  
This is what I use for my Barspells:

The legs are also augmented and I have 5/5 Shellra V merits to help with resistance. I'm always /SCH. My barspell is sitting at 183.

This is what I use for my Boost spells:

You can get more enhancing magic from synergy on Zenith Crown, which I haven't gotten around to doing, and I'm still trying to get my hands on the VW version of the body piece. Still, this setup with cap your boost spells at +25. I have 508 enhancing magic with this setup.

Hope these help.
- Varrout
 Asura.Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2012-05-03 19:44:47  
Thx Varrout I was looking aat full orison +2 or mix and match from the Cleric's Duckbills +2 which gives Enhancing magic skill +12 and Cleric's Pantaloons +2 for Enhancing magic skill +18 Enmity -5 and Elemental resistance spells +25.
 Asura.Strafeeeee
user: Strafeous
By Asura.Strafeeeee 2012-05-03 19:48:02  
I have 6-7 gear sets for WHM including Buffing and barspell sets.
 Phoenix.Varrout
サーバ: Phoenix
user: TehVar
By Phoenix.Varrout 2012-05-03 19:49:36  
Orison Duckbills +2 give +20 enhancing magic. =)
Cleric's Duckbills +2 with experience augment give more defence to Protectra V if you have it merited. That's the only time that I would use them with enhancing magic. Otherwise I would use Orison Duckbills +2 for all other enhancing magic.
By marivell 2012-05-05 02:42:48  
Hey there :)

All I can say is... know your job, and play it wisely. If you,re an experienced WHM and have merited the right stuff, you dont need 6-7 different sets of gears...

Like a few persons mentioned, fully merited Shellra V and Protectra V are required, along with a capped enhancing magic skiil, full AF3+2 that enhances bar spells effects( and isn't bad for that +20 on aupice's subtle blow granted aswell ), decent or event capped curing potency (now at 50%) and so you will be, in my humble opinion, a very good white mage...
Also if you can, and got the time, grab those relic pantaloons, as they are worth it too for bar-spells enhancement. And keep in mind that some WHM out there are geared with top stuff and are lame as hell because they can't play the job right. Healers are all about making the right decisions at the right time ;))

... and a so ungrateful job too, sometimes... because if it's a success well people will say that tank did a tremendous job but if its a wipe... damn! the WHM sucked badly!

Have fun! =^.^=
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-05 03:13:00  
Asura.Floorboss said: »
Reason I was asking Kalilla I havent played whm since 95 cap but at it I have decent gear full af+2 cure potency close to 50% was just wondering if full set is more effective or seperate pieces. Never know what se thinking. I dont solo on whm its more of cure and buffs.

Since it's been awhile, don't forget now that healing skill is worth more than MND for cures. You should grab some items like Sirona's Ring, Healing Earring, Bishop's Sash, and Ephedra/Haoma's Ring. Aside from that, I would try to sort through these pages for optimal cure sets.

Just thought I'd also mention, that the optimal cure set includes a pretty hard to obtain hq abjuration. This is the set I use:

Waist would be bishop if I could find one on the AH, although tbh pythia has some pretty nice rounded stats on it. My zenith pumps have cure potency +3% and healing skill +5 on them (yay!).

Pieces like Augur Gloves and Rubeus Boots are also decent substitutes, depending on if you have zenith feet/af1+1 gloves, and what your vw drop luck is like.
[+]
 Asura.Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2012-05-05 09:14:43  
Yea I got to get me the waist earrings and such. The reason I posted this was cause i have or could get the gear that buffs enhancing magic / bar spells and was not sure after the updates which was best.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Jinajaina
user: Jinajaina
By Asura.Jinajaina 2012-06-30 13:48:32  
Hey, how do you change so many gear slots? Macros are only 6 lines. Do you have several macros per gear type?
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-06-30 14:20:54  
Asura.Jinajaina said: »
Hey, how do you change so many gear slots? Macros are only 6 lines. Do you have several macros per gear type?
Easiest way to do it (without windower or spellcast that is) is to use /macro set #. Doing so let's you change out 5 pieces of gear, with the 6th line being dedicated to changing the macro page you're on (like from pallete 5 to 6). that way you're on a brand new page with a macro on the same # slot with 5 more pieces of gear to change out. Rinse/repeat.
 Asura.Jinajaina
user: Jinajaina
By Asura.Jinajaina 2012-06-30 19:21:42  
That's awesome. I'll have to try it out, but does that effectively mean 10 gear swaps with just two clicks?

Might be doable on WHM.

Thank you so much!