日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » gold lobster / noob questions
gold lobster / noob questions
 Odin.Terren
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Terren 2012-06-11 13:42:20  
Apologies in advance, I couldn't really find an answer to this searching.

I fished to 56 years before the new fishing system update, which, at the time, turned me off and I hadn't been fishing since. I've been enjoying it a bit more lately, as I've had to fish up a few things for some obscure cooking recipes.

Anyhow, this is the problem I encountered today: I can't fish up a gold lobster for the life of me, which caps at 46, and I'm 56. I didn't have gear on me apart from a composite rod (I don't have Lu Shangs, and please feel free to berate me for that if it includes some useful information as well) and a sinking minnow. I got a "angler's intuition" message or whatever it is indicating it's a gold lobster, but I couldn't whittle down the stamina in time.

Am I doing something/everything wrong? I assumed being 10 levels over cap would mean I wouldn't encounter this level of difficulty. Would the 4 levels from fishing gear make a big difference? am I using the wrong rod and a complete idiot?

If this has been covered somewhere that I just didn't find, please feel free to point me there with a smack on the ***. Any information would be most appreciated.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-06-11 17:00:55  
Fishing gear will help a little, so will guild support, but it's more in the technique. Are you holding down the arrow keys to reel in the fish? If so I would suggest tapping the keys rapidly instead. It lets you react faster to change in rod direction so the fish recovers less stamina.

I never had much trouble with Lobster, but bluetail pissed me off when i was lower in fishing
 Odin.Terren
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2012-06-11 18:15:35  
I was tapping, but I'd only recently restarted that method (i'm a controller guy), so it could be I just need some practice. I'm going to play with a couple different rods and such too. Thank you!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [281 days between previous and next post]
By Zigerus 2013-03-19 23:56:16  
I'm not to sure where your trying, but I get them all day long in East Serb using a heclyon rod and sinking minnow at the sea.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-03-20 01:15:48  
I just don't even...how did you even FIND this post to comment on it? And why? 281 days?
[+]
By Zigerus 2013-03-20 21:37:35  
lol, Because I don't look at post times apparently XD. You don't like Necro bumps?