フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Early Ebisu Skill-Up Options
Early Ebisu Skill-Up Options
 Odin.Cindro
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-06-14 01:51:58  
Hello!!

So, I'm able to pick up my Ebisu rod this Sunday, and by then I will probably only be 80 skill or so. Do any other options open up as far as skilling up goes, since I'm getting my ebisu before the 100 range? Or should I just stick to Nashmau for fishing?

If not Nashmau, should I be skilling up on Gugrusaurus/Lik, or Hakuryu even(if at all possible)? I know line breaks are fairly common with lower skill vs. Hakuryu.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-06-14 01:56:30  
Odin.Cindro said: »
Hello!!

So, I'm able to pick up my Ebisu rod this Sunday, and by then I will probably only be 80 skill or so. Do any other options open up as far as skilling up goes, since I'm getting my ebisu before the 100 range? Or should I just stick to Nashmau for fishing?

If not Nashmau, should I be skilling up on Gugrusaurus/Lik, or Hakuryu even(if at all possible)? I know line breaks are fairly common with lower skill vs. Hakuryu.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

can do haks as long as you keep track of how many breaks you have. go for minnows and not sinking minnows. it'll save you a good chunk of gil. as long as you can catch one hak for ever 4-10 minnows you're good.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-14 02:00:29  
Hevan's answer is actually pretty spot on, Hak's have a low bite rate and a high snap rate even capped, but you'll notice it much more at level 80. You'll benefit from fishing Black Sole along with hak's at that level, but if it isn't going very well (as well as fishing can) then you might want to consider something around level 90'ish to get a few levels then back to hak's or even Lik would be a good option.
 Odin.Cindro
サーバ: Odin
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-06-14 02:03:58  
Thanks for the quick responses. :) I'm going to head straight to Hakuryu and try my luck there. If not, I'll go back to Nashmau til 90 if possible.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-06-30 08:11:51  
in case you go for black sole qufim is the bets place its has around 25-33% biterate

Portjeuno only have 18-25%
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-30 08:15:34  
Odin.Cindro said: »
Thanks for the quick responses. :) I'm going to head straight to Hakuryu and try my luck there. If not, I'll go back to Nashmau til 90 if possible.

If minnows are an issue to get like on Quetz, you could always try sardine balls out. That should help you out.