The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 156 157 158
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 07:31:56  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I don't know if I imagined it, but I think there are two types of message: "Light Shot missed." and "Light Shot has no effect."

Very possible. I know Dark Shot has two effects. But I think Dark Shot still has to dispel something to have an effect (pretty sure the DP owners figured this one out.)

So not really sure why light shot gets exemption status, but...apparently it does.

Edit: Also, Light Shot has no effect if something already has a higher-tier (read: pretty much any other) sleep on it. Even if it misses, it appears to have effect on Dia.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-19 19:07:47  
I don't know if I imagined it, but I think there are two types of message: "Light Shot missed." and "Light Shot has no effect."

Yes there are 2 type of msg, long time ago I tested "no effect" with light shot. Have a WHM cast holy on too weak mob, record the dmg. Use light shot with +2 feet then Holy again, dmg increased by 20%. Sleep the mob, wait for a while, light shot again and got "no effect" msg then holy again, holy dmg is exactly the same as no light shot. I also never get leaden salute dmg boost after dark shot if it says no effect.

I guess "missed" is different from "no effect".
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 20:48:53  
Yeah.

For some reason, Light Shot is a deviation from Dark Shot.

Which is really shitty, given that means it would actually boost Trueflight, but a no effect/missed Dark Shot doesn't boost Leaden Salute.

Another kick in the yarbles from SE.
 Asura.Stryger
サーバ: Asura
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2012-11-13 12:52:45  
im too damn tired to read through everything, but, do Gules boots work until i can get Thaumas (if i can) for RA set? just finished COR to 99 and trying to gear it best i can.

Edit: or if you can name something else better, would appreciate it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-13 14:54:20  
I suggest Praeda sabatons.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-13 18:05:44  
Asura.Stryger said: »
im too damn tired to read through everything, but, do Gules boots work until i can get Thaumas (if i can) for RA set? just finished COR to 99 and trying to gear it best i can.

Edit: or if you can name something else better, would appreciate it.

Really depend on your current racc need.

It works if you have capped racc and need STP, other wise what Seha said.
 Asura.Stryger
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2012-11-13 19:28:55  
kk thanks, i forgot about those boots entirely lol
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-11-13 20:01:52  

These don't have as much ranged accuracy as the Praeda, but they definitely served me well for a long time. Not as bad to upgrade either since you can upgrade every JP midnight now. ^^
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-13 21:15:17  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Not as bad to upgrade either since you can upgrade every JP midnight now. ^^
When did this happen? o_O
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-11-13 21:23:48  
6 months ago or so when SE overhauled Limbus. the bad thing is u can still only get cosmo-cleanse every 72 hours. :(
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-11-13 22:24:40  
i have started Armaggedon trial and i am on Bugbear Strongman. only able to camp him 4 hrs or so at a time. have been there for 2 different days and only seen him pop once. is that about the average on this nm or did i get lucky? can anyone who has successfully completed this trial give me a heads up on spawn times. i know its LOL lottery, but some are easier than others. thx again.
By Valentine 2012-11-13 23:46:48  
9. Conclusion
With love, Captain Seha.

\o/ we Love you too \o/

PS: This guide just made me giggle and want to play COR from yesterday on and forever.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-14 05:31:50  
Took me two days to get all kills on Strongman. Not as bad as Hotpot though.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-14 05:39:26  
I had a 14hour repop time on one of my bugbears. Hotpot was kind to me and popped within 30mins of window opening.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-11-14 06:28:15  
thx again guys/gals so ill plan on a campfire and smores,maybe a good book to read too lol.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-14 06:38:27  
Impressive.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-11-14 22:25:57  
logged in this morning Strongman was standing there! wierd i know right! killed it immediately 2/4. then he spawned twice more in the next 90 minutes! WOOOT! turned in blue steel and proceded to Batt(s). camped LaVelue for 2 hrs noshow :( is the 10th smilodon in the group of 20+ still the correct PH? wiki can be confusing. i read can be the 6th, can be 7th thru 10th, can be the 10th. please enlighten me if able.
 Phoenix.Frizzit
user: Frizzit
By Phoenix.Frizzit 2012-11-14 23:38:47  
Correct. If standing on the hill as Wiki says it is the 10th on WS. The PH has always been in the same place for me. If you see the 10th Tiger in a different location, look on WS for the NM.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-11-14 23:50:13  
kk will do soon as i get off work! thx for the quickish response :)
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-17 15:03:57  
Question about Seha's gearsets C:. So for Last stand, I should be using Nguul/Legion Scutumy thing, so that means while shooting for TP and LS and all that, I should just be using that main/sub setup? Or is there a better setup that'd be better?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-17 15:06:10  
Either that or Vulcan's staff. If accuracy is a problem could use Aluh as dagger instead.

Can't think of other options off the top of my head.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-17 15:10:36  
Do you still think I should try and get a Nguul, then? c: I don't have Aluh or Vulcan's or Nguul right now, cause I only had aluh for THF and I got mandau so I got rid of it. D:.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-17 15:22:23  
In Legion I normally fulltime Chatoyant staff, but I still keep Nguul for things like Qilin and ADL where I only use Last Stand.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-17 15:33:43  
In Legion I normally fulltime Chatoyant staff, but I still keep Nguul for things like Qilin and ADL where I only use Last Stand.
Okay thanks ^^v
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-11-17 16:03:13  
I am debating leveling COR so my Arma doesn't go to waste, but one thing is puzzling me.

For RNG, Aluh > Nguul due to the STR helping dot and not being far behind Nguul for Last Stand.

How does this factor in for COR? On that note, wouldn't Sanus Ensis be superior to Aluh Jambiya as well?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-17 16:30:09  
Cor dot is much less relevant than ranger's, and with LS we lose the aftermath too, so boosting the ws should be a bit better.

Also I forgot Sanus has more str than Aluh, yeah that's a very good choice.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-17 17:07:32  
Cor dot is much less relevant than ranger's, and with LS we lose the aftermath too, so boosting the ws should be a bit better.

Also I forgot Sanus has more str than Aluh, yeah that's a very good choice.

Sagasinger!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-17 17:10:55  
Alright that's even better...if you ever see it drop that is!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-12 12:48:49  
Will update the guide as soon as the website is too! Not a lot to add actually, mostly it's a bunch of sidegrades.
 Phoenix.Miiu
By Phoenix.Miiu 2012-12-12 23:02:34  
I really enjoyed reading the guide, lovely job :D
I had a question though...

I've always been interested in COR, and a while back (when ToAU was the main expansion) I leveled it to around 60ish the 'good' way. Leveling marksmanship and all of that.
I guess you've been playing a while so you've slowly built up, but how long would you say it took you to get to where you are on your COR now?
And have you been playing other things on the side?

I really want to play COR again, it's just sort of daunting. The money issues, the gear collecting, the bullet prices, skilling up marksmanship from virtually nothing..

Is this normal? Do you have any tips to not get discouraged? xD

And at what point will i be able to participate in any sort of NM hunting? (Like is having Wildfire/high leveled marksmanship necessary to be any use in abyssea NM fights?)

I'm not in end game or any sort of thing like that, so i assume the requirements aren't too steep for me, I just want to make sure i don't try to take too much on my plate at once, and that i don't get discouraged and give up. :<

Thanks in advance, and thank you so much for this guide.^^
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 156 157 158