Another Coming Back Thread?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » another coming back thread?
another coming back thread?
 Asura.Rule
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2012-06-24 22:30:45  
Stopped playing for what feels like 2 years now.

My only concerns are this.

Is the community still good?
and is it still pretty active?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2012-06-24 22:36:08  
I imagine that it is going to peak up with the news released last week. Lots of people are going to want to enjoy new areas, jobs and whatnot.
As for me, I'm don't see myself coming out of retirement. I'm even contemplating selling everything I have... Gil, char everything. Just to avoid temptation of coming back, I see deleting as pointless. What sucks is I nearly saved enough gil for a relic but after having a baby, I'd hate to get it and not enjoy it.
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2012-06-24 22:38:43  
i didn't even know about knew content, which peaked my interest further, i just have a lot of free time on my hands, and miss the community.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-06-24 22:41:07  
I am in the same boat, considering giving my account to a friend to utilize instead of just deleting it. I am a little interested in the new areas but at the same time I feel like it is just going to be more of the same, just a slightly different the same.

Just a bad run of luck for FFXI with a lot of my attention on other games it makes it hard to want to come back to it, and the "games I want to play when they come out" list isn't getting any shorter.
By GraddHelian 2012-06-24 22:43:25  
Pretty sure even with new zones Final Zerg XI will still remain the exact same game.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-24 22:46:55  
People need to remember the new zones are over 6 months away...
[+]
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2012-06-24 22:48:11  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

plenty of time to relearn how to play, gear up, and level
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-06-24 22:48:21  
Asura.Rule said: »

I've tried a few other MMOs lately just to see what they were like and I have to say that this is by far the one thing I miss most. If you go onto another game the zone chat is nothing but trolling, internet memes, ponies, and "this isn't WoW". Being on FFXI in Jeuno and not seeing any of that B.S. is what I miss most. I played the beta of that Tera MMO and it had the worst community I've ever seen.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-24 22:49:33  
I got rid of my account over 6 months ago. I still have my mule. I was thinking of MAYBE coming back but I think the most I would do at this point is activate the mule, get it what it needs, jobs, gear etc (prob just gear through abyssea, don't really care about VW that much unless I see shouts for it) then just deactivate it till the expansion comes out and see if its worth it.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-24 22:50:22  
Lakshmi.Galith said: »

I've tried a few other MMOs lately just to see what they were like and I have to say that this is by far the one thing I miss most. If you go onto another game the zone chat is nothing but trolling, internet memes, ponies, and "this isn't WoW". Being on FFXI in Jeuno and not seeing any of that B.S. is what I miss most. I played the beta of that Tera MMO and it had the worst community I've ever seen.

Your port Jueno most be very different than mine, lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-06-24 22:57:57  
Sylph.Kimble said: »
Lakshmi.Galith said: »

It's never been as bad as the new games released now a days. Every time something comes out it automatically gets compared to WoW. FFXI had been around back then so I don't think many people really compare it as much as they do new games. And I hardly see any linkshells named after that stupid pony show so there is that, even tho I do see some people using profile pictures from it on these forums. There is probably even a thread for it but I think the cancer is for the most part contained in that.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-06-24 23:09:02  

A quick survey of the sylph shouts via FFXIAH reveal standard recruitment for VW, leech parties, assorted other NMs, and sakes related shouts. Looks pretty similar to old caitsith and current ragnarok. Regular and persistant business, no regular or persistent trollols.

Edit: contributing.

and is it still pretty active?

If you got out before visions of abyssea, the game scape is a very different place. The way peopl act in the community is drastically changed due to the content we've been provided. I find though that on a daily basis I'm able to form alliances for content that requires it, and able to do things in small groups with my friends for content that doesn't. One of the most drastic changes may be the demise of overpopulated HMN shells with strict schedules, point regiments and banks.

Players who would normally helps others still do, players that think they don't have time for you still don't and unless I'm mistaken, after the most recent server merge any one server will have about as many players as any one server two years ago? Give or take?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-24 23:15:13  
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »

A quick survey of the sylph shouts via FFXIAH reveal standard recruitment for VW, leech parties, assorted other NMs, and sakes related shouts. Looks pretty similar to old caitsith and current ragnarok. Regular and persistant business, no regular or persistent trollols.

granted I haven't played in 6 months, but I remember a lot of trolling from people like Circa and Zaraku, etc.

But really, its the internet, not matter what MMO you play you will get stupid people shouting.
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2012-06-24 23:18:27  
I just came back after a year. It's a lot of work to get back to where I was and I really wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of my character. But I'm still fascinated with this game just the same =)
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2012-06-24 23:23:08  
well add me to your friends list kresaera cause i think i'm pretty sure i'm coming back!
[+]
By Zackan 2012-06-24 23:46:00  
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »

granted I haven't played in 6 months, but I remember a lot of trolling from people like Circa and Zaraku, etc.

But really, its the internet, not matter what MMO you play you will get stupid people shouting.

You get trolls in this game too, Hell I do it sometimes. But we have a different breed of trolls. In FFXI people shout just to get a reaction, but its in good fun, noone really bashes on anyone. The only time i even hear people talkin about any other game is around a new launch(for example there was a lot of talk about Star wars when it was still in beta getting ready to be released.)

Generally I found ffxi PJ to just be a in game chat room, with people just having fun within reason. And recruiting shouts going on all the time to do in game stuff.
By Zackan 2012-06-24 23:50:04  
kresaera and rule you can add me to your friends list as well if you want
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2012-06-25 10:42:49  
Zackan, I think I knew you before. I think we did some WoTG missions together, amiright?
 Asura.Slanter
user: Slanter
By Asura.Slanter 2012-06-27 06:28:06  
Rule come back, Im still doing dynamis lol
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-06-27 07:18:06  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
1 month of leveling and 5 months of shouting for limit break 95-99 help. Seems about right.
[+]
By sprinkles84 2012-06-27 07:57:57  
Kres, Rule..

get in game and talk to me yo.. Lets make some beautiful babies
gameplay together!

lol (love Raanan/Rinkydink :o )