Absolute Virtue

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Absolute Virtue
Absolute Virtue
By Zackan 2012-07-04 19:58:28  
I am shouting in Jeuno right now to do this fight.

What jobs do I need?

I know smnx3

unsure after that
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-07-04 20:01:17  
DDx15, pocket WHMs.
[+]
By Zackan 2012-07-04 22:57:27  
I went Whmx3, Smnx3(alex)Brd x3(7 songs), 1 pld, and 8 DD

We got Av to 1% and wiped

Is there anyone on the server doing this fight anytime in like the next week or so.

I have whatever job you need me to be and I dont want any drops. I am only after the title
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-07-04 23:00:41  
Zackan said: »
I went Whmx3, Smnx3(alex)Brd x3(7 songs), 1 pld, and 8 DD

We got Av to 1% and wiped

Is there anyone on the server doing this fight anytime in like the next week or so.

I have whatever job you need me to be and I dont want any drops. I am only after the title

Please tell me he either Bene'd, Perfect Dodged, or Invincible...
I'm trying to wrap my head around how that failed.

My group has done AV with about 12-14 people.
Just 2 Alex's, 2 Cors, 1 Rotated BRD, and the rest DD...
By Zackan 2012-07-04 23:09:23  
yes he Perfect Dodge right at the end, and by that point Alexander wore and he Manafonted and ... yah... rest is ugly history
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-07-04 23:16:34  
We've hit snags before, where he'd Bene, PD, or Invince. It's all wasted time if that happens.
One thing to make sure of... Angon at the start, and Tomahawk once bracelets are out.
By Zackan 2012-07-05 00:01:39  
Siren.Kuz said: »
We've hit snags before, where he'd Bene, PD, or Invince. It's all wasted time if that happens.
One thing to make sure of... Angon at the start, and Tomahawk once bracelets are out.

What are you talking about?

See I must not even know how to fight AV.. cuz there is only 1 method I know of.

Straight zerg.. 1 minute fight. PD, songs up, go in use 2 hours, and kill the ***... snf pray for no Bene/PD/Invi
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-07-05 00:10:47  
Sounds like your DD sucked because I did it a week ago with less and did 3x np.
By Zackan 2012-07-05 00:17:39  
Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »

Lol thats all fine and dandy, and good for you. How about someone show me how its done correctly? And why are the only people responding.. NOT from asura lol^^

And .. I think we did pretty good considering it was a shout group lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2012-07-05 00:27:25  
Your problems are a PLD even there, 3 SMNs for 8 DD, and no Embrava. I'd suggest since you're getting randoms, make 2 parties with 5 DD each, rotate in a COR, 1 BRD is generally enough, and Embrava. Check your DD, do not let some perle SAM with a 80 trial STR GTK in or some garbage. If you REALLY have no choice, do 3 parties of 5 each then. Have SMN do Enfire, then run up and gather on AV, call for SMNs to Alex, then engage and profit. Really not that hard of a fight at 99, just don't be stupid and bring a PLD and 3 SMNs for 8 people...

Also if the PLD was for JoL, you're doing it wrong. Should BRD/COR buff and semi zerg him, pray for no charms and just zombie if it happens, shouldn't last more than a minute as long as he doesn't go charm happy.
[+]
By sprinkles84 2012-07-05 01:14:09  
Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »

Lol thats all fine and dandy, and good for you. How about someone show me how its done correctly? And why are the only people responding.. NOT from asura lol^^

And .. I think we did pretty good considering it was a shout group lol

Asura, Carbuncle, Ragnorak, no matter which server replies its still the same AV.
Your problem there was the fact you asked what you needed AS you shouted. Maybe if you were thinking of doing it. pick one of two options:

1. Ask here before you start the troll fest of PJ shouting.
2. Go with someone who has done it before and know exactly what happening.

See I must not even know how to fight AV.. cuz there is only 1 method I know of.

Well I was thinking you didnt know how to fight it when you came asking for what jobs.

no need to be so defensive when people are offering advice that you need.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-07-05 02:55:18  
Since it's a pickup group, I think maybe letting JoL summon the 9 sets of adds to lower AV's regen could possibly be a good idea. It certainly won't hurt at all. Bringing a pld for JoL and then to zombie hold AV can be a good idea too, just to be on the safe side - with inexperienced people it's likely that ***might go wrong if you try to rush AV after JoL dies.

3 whms shouldn't be necessary, and neither is Embrava. 2 parties of DDs, both with PD, and a brd (well, maybe 2 since again, it's a pickup group). Unless the DDs are utterly useless, that should be more than enough to kill AV before PD wears.

Angon is good, but not necessary. And for god's sake don't bring a shitty drg (far too many of those around) just for angon instead of a better DD.

Also, don't stand directly in front of AV unless you have hate. His parrying rate is stupidly high. -.-
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-05 06:48:41  
can also just use a mule and bring him on a lv 1 job if you fear exp loss from zombi-holding AV until your shoutgroup is ready.

Last times we did JoL/AV (it was still lv 95 cap or 90 not sure) we had one of our RNG have some fun :) He was "tanking" JoL like at 75 RDM's did. Any Job who can build hate from the side can easy tank it if you want to kill it slower and wait for adds. Make Tanking PT like Tank + whm + smn + cor and give diabolos MDB + Magus roll and your tank should be fine even without any special MDT gear.

For AV itself, like its been said before, 2 PT's with strong DD's (and nooo... DRG, BST, PUP arent strong DD's :) those are somehow most popular shout-noob-jobs lol) bring either 2 BRDs and maybe 2 Cor or just 1 SCH and 2 COR and zerg it. Last time we did it there was no embrava so we had BRD's do songs + COR rolls.

PT's like this 5x DD + 1 rotate-spot. 1st Cor's get rolls in like 2-3 minutes, Cor Drop and inv SMN. While doing rolls SCH can Embrava the 2 DD PT's from the other pt. 3rd PT can be stuff like the SCH + the 2 COR + THF + 2 WHM if you need them for JoL
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2012-07-05 07:39:03  
Don't let it get ya down though, my old group had a snag here and there depending on his two hour. Think worst combo we got was PD @ 15%, Benediction right after, Invincible just after and then finished us with Mijin Gakure in which all his pets do too lol. Oh and all these two hours were pretty quick in succession of eachother.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-07-05 08:55:01  
Siren.Kuz said: »

Straight zerg.. 1 minute fight. PD, songs up, go in use 2 hours, and kill the ***... snf pray for no Bene/PD/Invi

Angon obviously lowers Defense. Helps you get to that 50% Bracelet Mode faster.
Tomahawk is a “Special” Defense down. Once those bracelets are out… he takes considerably less damage.
Tomahawk helps to negate the effects of the bracelets to let the consistent damage through.

Also, I’m in agreement with the other responses. If you’re shouting… be VERY picky-choosey about your DDs.
Don’t just take the Pink and Pearle retards. Shout specifically for what you need. Jobs, Weapons, Abilities, Sub jobs, etc.
Make sure the pick-ups understand a “rotation” (which seems to be an alien concept now-a-days)
And last, make sure you specify exactly what Songs/Rolls/Buffs etc you want on your group.
Don’t let them just go all stupid on you or you’ll get a DD party with Ballad, or a Wizards Roll on them which does nothing but waste your time.

Remember: a vast majority of people, old players, and new, have been warped by Abyssea/Voidwatch. They like to sit back and rest on their atmas and their temps and think about how awesome of a job they are doing. People tend to forget that without those at their disposal… they need to actually work again, and try their best.