フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Starting Out on Neo Nyzul
Starting Out on Neo Nyzul
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-07-12 08:31:45  
Hello All

I haven't touched NNI at all yet but me and a friend of mine would like to get started and were wondering if we had a good base to work on.

I am THF, BLU (almace), and NIN (I haven't seen anyone say NIN is useful in NNI but not 100% sure)

My friend's most useful job for this is probably DRK (caladbolg).

Specifically saw this post which made me think that my almace BLU and his caladbolg DRK was at least a good starting point...

Ophannus said: »
As someone with many wins in Nyzul I'd have to say a Almace BLU/WAR is invaluable. Don't get me wrong, a DRK/SAM with resolution is probably a better DD, but having a BLU helps more in the long run.

1) Statistically speaking, you will eventually run into floors with "Weapon Skills Restricted" which is a floor where BLU shines because their spells still do 2-4k damage.

2) Cardamom Custard. Although your DRKs can use Twiligth Scythe, it's still slower than a BLU/WAR using Requiscat. BLU's Requiescat was doing 3-5k on Cardamom Custard while Ukkos/Stardiver/Catastrophe/Resolution were doing 300-600.

3) If you're going with 4 DDs and 2 SCH you likely won't have a Sleepga and it's a pain in the *** as a SCH to switch from Add:White to Dark Arts to Sleepga adds on something like a lamp floor or a leader floor where everyone carlessly runs past mobs to get to the leader more quickly. A BLU can easily Dreamflower aggro/links that would otherwise kill or cripple your party(i.e Waraxe Beak and other NMs).

4) Sudden Lunge is invaluable on Leaders, especially Custards that can Amorphic Spikes a DD and deal upwards of 2.5k+ or Chariots that like to spam aoe Para. It's super awesome again on Abject, the one that uses Unbridled Learning spells, as he can Tourbillion your DDs for 2k+ or do other nasty abilities.

5) CDC->Amorphic Spikes does ape ***damage, like a 3k CDC into a 4.5k Amorphic for like almost a 5k Darkness for practically 12-13k damage in 3 seconds. On things like a Chariot boss or a random Genbu, this could prove as a massive time saver.

6) Honestly a BLU with multi hit gear(Thaumas Coat/Eponas etc) and /WAR with Embrava hits extremely fast, DA/TA/QA all over the place and CDC is extremely compettive on weak mobs with Cata/Reso/Star. Hell our BLU's CDC does consistant 2-2.8k which is right up there with our heavy DDs WS(although of course the 2h jobs spike higher).

7) Winds of Promyvion saves a Cleric's Drink/Accession Erase for things like Bindga.

8) White Wind is useful for healing.

9) Whirl of Rage is amazing when there's a cluster of weak mobs around the BLU on an "All Enemies" floor as the spell does 1.2-1.4k AoE and inflicts stun.

Any truth to this? I was under the impression that heavy DDs were the way to go, and by that I mean SAM WAR DRK.

So if we have BLU DRK and can grab 1-2 SCHs + some random DDs, can we have a decent success rate?

Also, we have a WHM friend that might be interested in a static as well. Is 2 SCHs absolutely necessary or will BLU DRK WHM SCH random random work well too?

We have skype/vent to communicate.

If there is another thread that is identical to this, my apologies. Thanks for the tips.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-07-12 08:37:22  
Sadly Neo Nyzul isn't too much about the skill of your group as it is luck of the draw on the floors and jumps you get.

Great gear with Embrava makes up for being handed horrible floors. We've cleared with 1 WHM and 1 RDM (0 SCH) but it was a lot of luck on floor jumps there.

If you want better odds more often, I'd suggest 2 SCH and the rest DD who know their jobs well. They need to be competent at soloing and knowing when to go in alone, or wait for backup.

... and the most important part, make sure they know wtf to do in Nyzul ...... nothing worse than getting a random shout SAM with a 99 amano, who you have to explain what "lamps" are during the run.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-07-12 08:40:49  
^

LOL >.>

Thankfully, me and my two friends have done a fair share of original nyzul back in the day (assuming the floor rules are relatively the same) so we should know whats going on.

Are the .DAT swaps 100% necessary as well? I don't mind doing it but the challenge is kind of fun. (i'll probably say "*** that ***" by my 2nd run).

Would probably be better off getting a full 6 man static but that's tough to get everyone to commit esp cause we all work full-time/a lot of overtime. Playtime is totally random.

I looked briefly but maybe there is a thread that covers all the know-hows for neo-nyzul that I can read up on.
 Carbuncle.Broman
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: phenter
By Carbuncle.Broman 2012-07-12 15:37:01  
The dat's aren't 100% needed but its very useful for mainly lamp order floors. x2 sch 450+ enhancing and x4 good geared melee is all thats needed. You will probably fail the first couple days you try it maybe win like 1/4 but I don't think thats too uncommon and once you get the hang of it win rate is around 65-75% as long as jumps don't screw you. My group had 21 jumps before and was on floor 81 so it can be lol sometimes. Just make sure you have mules with cor unlocked as it really helps out.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-12 16:03:15  
65-75% win rate sounds pretty optimistic to me for your third session onward, unless you're also talking about using crab power. But yeah, dats help a lot and you'll shift from thinking of them as a "challenge" once the RNG rod gets shoved up your butt a little ways, and you have a bunch of time outs on floor 96~99 because you had to play a guessing game with a 20 second confirmation.
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-12 16:15:24  
A non-clipping, completely unedited group is not winning 65-75% of the time, lol.

Edit your dats. It's immensely beneficial and completely undetectable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-12 16:19:22  
And wat Wild Card mules. Go kill the spider or MMM
[+]