フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Aeolian Edge
Aeolian Edge
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-01 05:03:54  
You need 5 +2s and 44 NQs to cap, and path C Qaaxo Leggings are the best Pyrrhic Kleos feet in the game. 21 STR/DEX, 15 Attack, 5 Acc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [456 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Cambion
サーバ: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-01 05:10:05  
Thanks to Escha, Cleaving is back in style...
Anyone have some updated AE sets?

At a quick glance this is what I could find (Alternatives)

Vanir/Atoyac (Martial/Magian)
Dosis tathlum (Ghastly Tathum+1)
Highwing Helm (Taeon Aug/Wayfarer/Thaumas/Umbani)
Deviant Necklace (Stoich/Satlada)
Friomisi + Crematio (Novio/Hecate)
Rawhide Body (Taeon Aug)
Taeon Aug Gloves (Nilas Gloves)
Fenrir +1 x2 (Acumen/Shiva+1)
Toro Cape (Aput Mantle)
Eschan Stone (Salire Belt/Soil Belt)
Limbo Trousers (Shned +1/Taeon Aug)
Taeon Aug (Qaaxo Aug)

That's about all that comes to mind, but I'm recently returned and sure I'm missing some new/better gear, or flat out wrong about what's even optimal. I have no clue how to calculate Mag Att Bonus, INT and/or Magic Damage, and the spreadsheets don't include Aeolian Edge so... Any help is appreciated!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-01 05:13:07  
Highwing Helm is a viable option for the head slot.
Nilas Gloves for hands.
Don't forget Ghastly Tathlum +1 for Ammo slot.

Not claiming those 2 options are the best btw, but they surely are viable and pretty easy/cheap to obtain.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-01 05:22:37  
I think Eschan stone might be the best waist, but I haven't run any numbers.
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2015-07-01 05:46:55  
Asura.Cambion said: »
Thanks to Escha, Cleaving is back in style...
Anyone have some updated AE sets?

At a quick glance this is what I could find (Alternatives)

Vanir/Atoyac (Martial/Magian)
Dosis tathlum (Ghastly Tathum+1)
Highwing Helm (Taeon Aug/Wayfarer/Thaumas/Umbani)
Deviant Necklace (Stoich)
Friomisi + Crematio (Novio/Hecate)
Rawhide Body (Taeon Aug)
Taeon Aug Gloves (Nilas Gloves)
Fenrir +1 x2 (Acumen/Shiva+1)
Toro Cape (Aput Mantle)
Salire Belt (Soil Belt)
Limbo Trousers (Shned +1/Taeon Aug)
Taeon Aug (Qaaxo Aug)

That's about all that comes to mind, but I'm recently returned and sure I'm missing some new/better gear, or flat out wrong about what's even optimal. I have no clue how to calculate Mag Att Bonus, INT and/or Magic Damage, and the spreadsheets don't include Aeolian Edge so... Any help is appreciated!

Martial/Vanir is going to be your absolute best option. Assuming you're talking about WS numbers and excluding white damage.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-07-01 06:56:37  
WhAt kinda numbers are people seeing for aeolian edge?
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-01 14:39:36  
Cerberus.Drayco said: »
Martial/Vanir is going to be your absolute best option. Assuming you're talking about WS numbers and excluding white damage.

Is that despite the Atoyacs 10 MAB or 15 Mag Dmg?
And how do we calculate WS dmg, vs total WS's done over time, for the increased rate of WSs with an OAT weapon?

This is solely for Escha, so white damage doesn't really apply, I'm just spamming AE until they die. But quicker is still better.

I just don't know how Mag Dmg compares to Mag Att Bonus, or the Dex/Int modifiers as well...
Toro vs Aput
Stoich Medal vs Altada
Atoyac vs itself
etc

Edit: As for AE, I'm currently only getting ~1800 each on efts/bugards when spamming at 1k TP each. But I was just using Odium/Iz, obviously there are better routes.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-07-01 19:33:35  
As far as I remember, MDMG+ added some straight damage to post-fTP, but before MAB.

Speaking for myself (probably not optimal):

242 DEX
195 INT
MAB+138
2.9375 fTP (1000 TP + Moonshade Earring)
i119 dagger
32 fINT (capped, probably unrealistic assumption with just 195 INT)

Base damage: 119 + 2 + 0.4 * 242 + 0.4 * 195 = 295.8
Multiply with fTP: 295 * 2.9375 = 866.5625
Add fINT: 866 + 32 = 898
Theoretical damage on neutral stuff at 1000 TP: 898 * 2.38 = 2137.24

Assuming those numbers above, we can conclude a few things:

* MAB+1 is worth somewhere between MDMG+8 and MDMG+11.
* MAB+1 is worth somewhere between INT+8~9 and INT+20.
* INT+1 is worth somewhere between MDMG+1 and MDMG+3.

The upper and lower limits of the ranges are not exact, but rather guesstimated. They however should be useful for you to get an idea on how useful adding to a certain stat actually is.

Keep in mind that MAB+1 adds more damage with larger base damage, while MDMG+1 is a constant 1 * MAB/MDB * other multipliers, damage-wise. And INT+1 adds (0.4 * fTP + 0.5) * MAB/MDB * other multipliers at best.

Edit: For lulz, my Aeolian Edge set.

ItemSet 336185

I can't be bothered with argochampsa mantle or acumen ring, because my bags are way too full already... also, *** augmenting even more Taeon gear!
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-01 20:23:20  
Any insight on MAB Atoyac vs Martial Knife then?
Not just on WS Dmg, but Tp gain and total WS (Dmg) over X time?

I want to say probably about 5WS per pull? ~10k HP each sound right?
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-02 00:02:42  
I would say augmenting certain taeon pieces for MAB is worth it. The hands already have 7 mab on it so with perfect augs that's 27 mab, then you can also put 5 fast cast on them so they have a duel purpose for utsusemi. I also did taeon boots like that because that is another spot where thf and dnc can't get fastcast.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-07-02 01:48:56  
My bankroll doesn't agree with me tossing $$$ at Snowdim Stones just so I can do something I wouldn't even use DNC for; I can't think of a legit spot where I'd go DNC and using Aeolian Edge would end up being the optimal line. Your mileage may vary.

If I really, really, really wanted to "cleave" things, I'd just whip out BLU. Or something else that actually is more adept at killing multiple things at the same time. This to some extent feels like going SCH/BLM to AoE kill with Aeroga II: You'd only do that, if you don't have any better job for that purpose.

With that said: Yes, if you want to max out your Aeolian Edge, this probably would be the hottest ***right now:

ItemSet 336200

Atoyac has MAB+10 (or so) and OA2. Centovente has TP Bonus +100. All Taeon has MAB+20, INT+10. I'm too lazy to check if that actually is the absolute best thing out there. It also assumes you don't have any accuracy issues at all, which probably is valid, because you wouldn't cleave things you can't even hit reliably with ~800 accuracy. Atoyac instead Martial Knife, because I am too lazy to check if the lack of iLevel actually is made up by the TP Bonus, but guts said it wouldn't.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-02 02:53:24  
Just to be sure, Vanir is no bueno?

Is Martial an acceptable replacement to Centroverte?
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-07-02 09:54:48  
As far as I remember, the Martial weapons did not contribute their TPB when off-handed. Now that I'm thinking of it though: I don't know if Centovente does in off-hand. If it doesn't... hrm...

I'd guesstimate MDMG+60 would add something like 150 damage with MAB+150. MAB+10 on top of MAB+150 is 2.6/2.5 = 1.04, i. e. +4%. I guess Vanir Knife is slightly better in terms of pure WS damage.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-02 10:06:43  
Found this comment on the TP daggers, but can't verify it.

Quote:
I have read, and accepted wrong information on this. The truth is that TP Bonus weapons do not work in the offhand. However, from what others have said, the TP Bonus +XXX weapons DO work in the offhand. I have confirmed this using Uzura +2 TP Bonus+100 Katana works offhand with this dagger for maximum TP damage with minimum TP.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-07-17 14:42:30  
The question I always end up wondering is whether the TP Bonus from Centovente offsets the massive dive in accuracy your offhand takes, slowing TP generation.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-17 14:59:33  
For those that hate Alluvion augments, a few options exist in some slots:
Head: highwing helm
Hands: nilas gloves
Legs: Shneddick tights +1, limbo trousers
Feet: qaaxo leggings Path C

Surprised you'd go with Centovente but not Moonshade? Anyway, I'd also wager levante dagger would be a better choice than Vanir or any Magian dagger.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-17 16:24:35  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Anyway, I'd also wager levante dagger would be a better choice than Vanir or any Magian dagger.

Maybe if Dancer was on it, but alas.
By Wordspoken 2015-07-17 16:59:27  
Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
I can't think of a legit spot where I'd go DNC and using Aeolian Edge would end up being the optimal line. Your mileage may vary.
As someone who has done this a lot lately, having reasonable AE set you can farm BRII with DNC quite nicely. It's not useless to DNC.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-07-17 18:28:01  
Wordspoken said: »
As someone who has done this a lot lately, having reasonable AE set you can farm BRII with DNC quite nicely. It's not useless to DNC.

I just couldn't put emphasis on all the words, my bad. Aeolian Edge is not useless to DNC. Yet, I cannot thinkg of a legit spot where I would go DNC for the purpose of Aeolian Edge. In your example of BR2, I'd go BLU.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-07-17 21:01:27  
heck, I went BLM to BR2 and shredded the zone in record time. This coming from someone who used to dualbox it as DNC+BRD.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-17 21:06:43  
I'm gonna echo Skudo here and just say BLU all the things.
By geigei 2015-07-18 02:28:49  
Almost done building AE set but after seeing bst 1shot all area i dont even bother.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1284 days between previous and next post]
By vpmarche 2019-01-21 22:22:02  
ok stupid question: is aeolian edge set just mab and fotia?