[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:11:53  
Asura.Failaras said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
So, because not every single piece was best in slot for every job able to use them, that's what makes the gear not "premium" ?
Also skadi head was good for THF SA/TA without ws
The arguement is that Salvage gear was somehow a better set than other end game gear options at the time. In the end full Ares is only useful for Jump, and for the most part the Body and Legs are the only Ares pieces worth talking about for the other jobs. How is it that a set of gear is premium when it only has uses for one job of four.
Because it was premium for what it was used for? I really don't see how this is a hard concept for you.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 05:12:07  
And well, Failaras, by your logic no pieces gear was better than other gear.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:12:15  
I can kinda understand why he thinks evasion on sam was BAD, because nobody ever used evasion gear on samurai for some reason.
But samurai actually have like B evasion skill, aka same as monk, and monk was always a good evasion tank with proper gear.
SAM might not get dodge, but seigan\third eye more than makes up for that.
PDT was better in every situation but soloing.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-07-26 05:12:58  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
were

Use it in place of where and you will actually make a lot less mistakes when you type.

hey, were do you get off? if i where they're you'd be sorry! their is people in the world like me and we take offense to that! there not happy with you either!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:12:58  
I can kinda understand why he thinks evasion on sam was BAD, because nobody ever used evasion gear on samurai for some reason.
But samurai actually have like B evasion skill, aka same as monk, and monk was always a good evasion tank with proper gear.
Lamprey Lord was a good example of a place I'd use SAM for an evasion tank, duo RDM+SAM.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-26 05:13:02  
Also Skadi was awesome for cor.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:13:13  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
So, because not every single piece was best in slot for every job able to use them, that's what makes the gear not "premium" ?
The arguement is that Salvage gear was somehow a better set than other end game gear options at the time. In the end full Ares is only useful for Jump, and for the most part the Body and Legs are the only Ares pieces worth talking about for the other jobs. How is it that a set of gear is premium when it only has uses for one job of four.
Because it was premium for what it was used for? I really don't see how this is a hard concept for you.
I completely understand the concept, I just think it is silly.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:13:18  
Not always.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:13:37  
Well everyone here thinks you're silly, so yeah.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-07-26 05:14:01  

Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:14:52  
Everyone is like 5 people and you thumbs upping every comment in the post, not exactly scary.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 05:15:08  
If you want to be techical, on any NM you were tanking (if going full defence) you'd want evasion gear while TE was up and then smack on PDT when it was down.
You'd be suprised how many mobs you could get a decent(not capped) eva rate on with a good set.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:15:34  
Everyone is like 5 people and you thumbs upping every comment in the post, not exactly scary.
Well that's more than the number of jobs that can use full ares in a given situation, so yeah.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-26 05:15:34  

That's because every post but yours is worth thumbing up
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-07-26 05:16:03  
i'm pretty scared, the fact someone as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as you believe he has enough credibility to think he's right in any situation scares me
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:16:49  
If you want to be techical, on any NM you were tanking (if going full defence) you'd want evasion gear while TE was up and then smack on PDT when it was down.
You'd be suprised how many mobs you could get a decent(not capped) eva rate on with a good set.
That's like arguing that Paladin was a worthwhile tank because they could go full defense, the point is that DD gear while TE was up and PDT while it was down was the better style of playing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:17:41  
That's like arguing that Paladin was a worthwhile tank because they could go full defense, the point is that DD gear while TE was up and PDT while it was down was the better style of playing.
Again, not always.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:17:51  
Quote:
For sure man, there are some quality posts in here.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:18:06  
Again, not always.
Pretty much always
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:18:56  
Again, not always.
Pretty much always
No, not really. See above about lamprey lord. My evasion/DD hybrid set sam I could ride hasso and kill it faster than you juggling seigan+PDT.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-26 05:19:54  
Quote:
Lol. Dude...
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:20:42  
Again, not always.
Pretty much always
No, not really. See above about lamprey lord. My evasion/DD hybrid set sam I could ride hasso and kill it faster than you juggling seigan+PDT.
If something was easy enough to kill riding Hasso with a hybrid set, it was also easy enough to kill riding Seigan with a pure DD set and generally not bothering with PDT. The Seigan one will also net you a faster kill speed.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-26 05:20:55  
I believe we have run out of situational points. Time to pull out the balance points.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:20:57  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
Lol. Dude...
For instance!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:21:57  
Again, not always.
Pretty much always
If something was easy enough to kill riding Hasso with a hybrid set, it was also easy enough to kill riding Seigan with a pure DD set and generally not bothering with PDT. The Seigan one will also net you a faster kill speed.
No, not really, once again. You go ride hasso with no evasion on that NM and tell me how well your RDM can keep up with that.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:22:57  
If you need a level 75 RDM to sync to, I have one with perfect gear barring relic hat. But it's okay since i have augmented blood mask and a wivre hairpin to cover all a relic hat will.
By Artemicion 2012-07-26 05:23:11  
I better go. This thread is starting to feel like the official forums too much. All that's missing is this.

[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 05:25:46  
Again, not always.
Pretty much always
No, not really, once again. You go ride hasso with no evasion on that NM and tell me how well your RDM can keep up with that.
I don't remember that NM, I probably never even fought that NM with an only Rdm+Sam set up. What I can tell you is that I've never fought any NM in the game as a Sam tank in which an evasion set would be better suited than PDT or DD sets. Which makes me doubt that this situation is any different. It's like the people saying that "Oh my god voidwatch is so hard need paladin for it" because they played with bad people who couldn't handle the healing or didn't have the proper sets (or used them wrong).
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-26 05:27:12  
Khimaira, Lv90ish mob
Assume ~400 accuracy
Attacks hit (iirc) range of 250-350, very fast, could get 1 shot by some WS if you were terrible or bad luck

Samurai, Lv75
256 Evasion
46 in gear=302
Guestimating 70AGI
337 total evasion

Just quickly napkin'd a 75% hit rate for Khim in that scenario, which as I remember made TE last a good deal longer than using PDT and a quick cancel -> utsu -> TE made it a joke.

Wearing no evasion gear throws it back to 95% acc for Khim

doing new 14 fight, more later
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 05:27:54  
Just because you've never done it, doesn't make it any less real of a situation. And SAM+RDM was the safest and easiest way to do it without pinning, unless for some reason you were killing it without upgrading magian weapons.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15