'BOTS' Does SE Really Care??

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » 'BOTS' Does SE really care??
'BOTS' Does SE really care??
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-25 22:53:47  
I would like to see it end too, but there's no way they can prove it. Best just to ignore *** like Thecrow.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-25 22:55:04  
There is a way to prove it.

Report the suspected bot to STF and they will go thru the files and see if any data has been altered at any way.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-25 22:55:16  
Oh wow...this post got ignored...
Well I think SE should take a proactive role...since SE has the right to just ban whenever they feel like it they should just go in and ban some people <.<
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-25 22:56:28  
"Can you stop and wave for me?" >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-25 23:02:59  
Eternaltriumph said:
"Can you stop and wave for me?" >.>

Wasnt there someone yesterday that posted that happened they did it and got jailed anyways?
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-05-25 23:15:08  
One time I went on a camping spree of Skogs Fru cause I was farming Ladybug Wings for bonecrafting. Sparetime got it EVERY time and I was starting to suspect some botting was afoot. The more he claimed it, the more determined I was to get it, and the more pissed off I was when he continued to get claim over me. One day (the last time I checked on it), I saw Thecrow there and he was fighting the NM. At the time I was unaware Sparetime was his character and I sent Thecrow a /tell saying something like 'Well it's about *** time someone else besides that *** got the NM .' He just said lol back to me and I went on my way. I laughed my *** off when I found out it was the same person IRL lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-05-25 23:17:55  
Why Irunhide? Sometimes i talk to this guy because its Ironhide's mule.
[+]
 Garuda.Fullen
サーバ: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-25 23:20:23  
Problem is the bot is more advanced than SE's 7 year old servers, it rewrites the packets that are sent to server and tells SE it was a clean claim.

only way they can really do mass bannings is by either massively upgrading the servers and the claiming system or trying dirty tricks like popping ghost fafnir's based on ID and seeing who tries to claim. (everyone send that last one to special task force suggesting it!!)
[+]
 Siren.Antigod
サーバ: Siren
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2009-05-25 23:45:32  
Would that be technologically feasible, Fullen?.. Popping ghost Fafnirs based on ID seems like a brilliant idea.
[+]
 Garuda.Fullen
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-26 00:03:27  
From what i know about how bots work (more app than nasa), there are 2 ways to select what you want to claim, either you select a mob from a list of Id's you have been in close proximity to (including place where mob died) or you select from all mobs in the zone (for use just after maint).

what i do know is if you select a mob from the latter list and then run by that monsters place of death, the bot will attempt the claim the place of death as if the mob popped.

As for technologically feasibility, It's beyond a GM's capabilities but the dev team should be able to cope fine with duplicate ID's, one being faf and one being a dud, although both couldn't exist simultaneously.

In theory this could have a large amount of botters gone in a week and the others too scared to use their bots.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 00:05:21  
Fullen said:
From what i know about how bots work (more app than nasa), there are 2 ways to select what you want to claim, either you select a mob from a list of Id's you have been in close proximity to (including place where mob died) or you select from all mobs in the zone (for use just after maint).

what i do know is if you select a mob from the latter list and then run by that monsters place of death, the bot will attempt the claim the place of death as if the mob popped.

As for technologically feasibility, It's beyond a GM's capabilities but the dev team should be able to cope fine with duplicate ID's, one being faf and one being a dud.

In theory this could have a large amount of botters gone in a week and the others too scared to use their bots.

lol...like a sting...trying to sell fake drugs to a drug addict <.>
[+]
 Bahamut.Thecrow
user:
By Bahamut.Thecrow 2009-05-26 12:40:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Does SE really care?

not one bit.
 Bahamut.Besho
user: Besho
By Bahamut.Besho 2009-05-26 12:51:52  
Thecrow said:
Does SE really care?

not one bit.

O.O

/em humps Thecrow!
[+]
 Alexander.Reznap
サーバ: Alexander
user: Reznap
By Alexander.Reznap 2009-05-26 12:53:33  
Crying about botting is so 2004.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-05-26 13:06:17  
Wait..If we are gunna complain about Bots and ppl that bot shouldn't we focus on the HNM and not Skogs Fru? It's been said before and I'll say it again..every HNM linkshell bots and imo it wouldn't be that hard to find and prove a bot. So it really does come down to "Does SE really care" and if nothing has been done to every HNM ls for the better part of 7 years then NO SE could care less. If ya think about it that Bot is at least $13.99 a month that SE is getting would you wanna ban that?
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-26 13:06:25  
Best thing to do is just to cope with it and try better to claim it as SE has proven that they either A) don't give a ***, or B) can't do anything about it (Which goes back to A in which they just don't give a ***lol)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-05-26 13:10:16  
Zorander said:
Wait..If we are gunna complain about Bots and ppl that bot shouldn't we focus on the HNM and not Skogs Fru? It's been said before and I'll say it again..every HNM linkshell bots and imo it wouldn't be that hard to find and prove a bot. So it really does come down to "Does SE really care" and if nothing has been done to every HNM ls for the better part of 7 years then NO SE could care less. If ya think about it that Bot is at least $13.99 a month that SE is getting would you wanna ban that?

The money they would loose on banning hasn't stopped them in the past. Yhalothar LM-17.
[+]
 Siren.Vagustae
user: VaguStae
By Siren.Vagustae 2009-05-26 13:17:43  
Blindphleb said:
Zorander said:

The money they would loose on banning hasn't stopped them in the past. Yhalothar LM-17.

1-22-09 nevar forget
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-26 13:20:50  
Fullen said:
popping ghost fafnir's based on ID and seeing who tries to claim. (everyone send that last one to special task force suggesting it!!)

ROFL!
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 13:29:43  
Vagustae said:
Blindphleb said:
Zorander said:

1-22-09 nevar forget

I LOL'd

Still do, when people talk about it. The petition was lulzy, too ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-26 13:56:12

Fullen said:
Problem is the bot is more advanced than SE's 7 year old servers, it rewrites the packets that are sent to server and tells SE it was a clean claim.

only way they can really do mass bannings is by either massively upgrading the servers and the claiming system or trying dirty tricks like popping ghost fafnir's based on ID and seeing who tries to claim. (everyone send that last one to special task force suggesting it!!)

User submitted image

Despite the comedic nature of the picture, I truly think this would an interesting idea to try out. Let's just hope it's within SE's capacity. Although I certainly won't hold my breath.
 Asura.Fumar
user: Fumar
By Asura.Fumar 2009-05-26 14:07:04  
short answer: no

long answer: no they dont care otherwise they would have done something about it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-05-26 14:10:54  
More like;

Short Answer: Yes.
Long Answer: No, they most likely won't go through the trouble of finding all the botters. Notice how when people bot it's just for a HNM or NM but only the idiots get banned that used Flee Tool, Pos, or admit in game they bot and use third-party programs?
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2009-05-26 14:13:20  
They care. It's why they made salvage :3
Are they going to do anything about spawn NMs? nope
[+]
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-26 14:21:47  
Well they should care. Botters had made me quit more than once. And I'd say I am not the only case.
In the long term an unhealthy game enviroment is more costly than one w/o botters, duppers, pos hackers w/e

I like Fullen's idea! How would I like to see that whole LS that claims all HNMs in garuda go down! *** I'd even make a donation to SE to see that happen -_-;
[+]
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-05-26 14:37:05  
people will always find a way to hack online games. im sure more people would quit because of lack of bots opposed to people quitting because there are people that bot.
[+]
 Siren.Vagustae
user: VaguStae
By Siren.Vagustae 2009-05-26 15:00:21  
Hackstealandbot said:
people will always find a way to hack online games.

^This~
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-26 15:09:34  
Vagustae said:
Hackstealandbot said:
people will always find a way to hack online games.

^This~

Well if they get banned np with me
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-26 15:28:53

Its SE they take their sweet *** time but when they notice this more and more they will bring in the ban hammer

Do you remember how long Salvage dupe lasted b4 they finally got the ban?

Just time will tell
First Page 2 3