61-100 Skilling Advice (Quickest Way Possible)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » 61-100 Skilling advice (Quickest way possible)
61-100 Skilling advice (Quickest way possible)
 Odin.Cindro
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-11-02 05:05:06  
Cerberus.Meatster said: »
Getting ebisu this weekend. At around 90ish skill wondering if Hak fishing is even worth it. Figure it would be best to do lik or gug till 100 then move to Haks. Kinda tired of doing pisces/sole.

Wow sorry bout the hella necro bump 6 in the morning

I had the same question when I first got my rod. I've noticed that Cave Cherax in Quicksand Caves give much better skill ups than any other fish @90+ skill. You can then trade them in for bait to catch Matsya. Then trade Matsya for Shaper's Shawl. :)
 Phoenix.Esvedium
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Esvedium
By Phoenix.Esvedium 2012-11-06 09:29:44  
I also did Cave Cherax in the 90s and saved all the pugils for Matsya. I'm debating going back to them to hit 110, even, as the skillup rate on Lik/Gug is TRBL. 102 fishing, 93 Gug's yesterday, 0 skillups.

Those 93gug's put me at 0/245 for my mule, too. Used up my good luck with Zaldon for my first Ebisu, it seems.
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2012-11-08 12:55:55  
LV 50 in Nashmau

any advice guys will be appreciate
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-11-08 13:00:05  
lu shangs and shrimp lure in nashmau, npc everything.
 Cerberus.Meatster
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2012-11-08 22:23:17  
Odin.Cindro said: »
Cerberus.Meatster said: »
Getting ebisu this weekend. At around 90ish skill wondering if Hak fishing is even worth it. Figure it would be best to do lik or gug till 100 then move to Haks. Kinda tired of doing pisces/sole.

Wow sorry bout the hella necro bump 6 in the morning

I had the same question when I first got my rod. I've noticed that Cave Cherax in Quicksand Caves give much better skill ups than any other fish @90+ skill. You can then trade them in for bait to catch Matsya. Then trade Matsya for Shaper's Shawl. :)

Cherax got me 89-95 fairly fast. Moved to Haks right after ty
 Cerberus.Celll
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-12-07 23:18:04  
How are Black soles @ 88+4? Been fishing pterygotus, Palezoea, and Ahtapot and have yet to hit 89 in 3 days of fishing. I have been catching 150-180 a day (ya i don't really have anything else to do). But at this rate i feel like i'll be retired before i have 100 lol.

Anyways, how are black soles for skill ups? I know some people suggest doing Armored pieces, but from the look of those on the wiki the skill ups seem to be terrible.

Anything else that's worth fishing?

Edit- Im about 40k from serpent rumors and still need an opal silk for Ebisu so options are limited to me for another 2 1/2 weeks or so.
 Odin.Mindinho
user: Mindinho
By Odin.Mindinho 2012-12-10 11:06:23  
I agree with Meatster, cherax gave me quicker skill ups than black sole, liks and gugs. i went from 100-108 in about 2 weeks without the skill up ring. Plus Cell, if you're going to get a shapers shall, you would have already done some of the awful leg work of getting the bait.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Cadant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2013-01-12 11:07:06  
I have a quick question about fishing skillups...

Can you receive skill on fish that you throw back due to no inventory space?

Also, do fish you throw back count towards the 200 fish/day total?
 Odin.Slugster
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugster 2013-01-12 11:28:09  
yes, and yes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
By Otomis 2013-03-10 21:19:19  
I am soon to get ebisu rod, well in about 40k more points. I spent most the day trying to skill on Pterygotus after capping at 96 on Black Soles. After 100 fish not a single skill up? Should I hold off till I get ebisu? or are Cave Chevs best way to go even with out ebisu? I am worried about breaking my Lu'shangs is kinda why I went the Gotus path.
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-03-10 23:42:41  
You could do uh, Armored Pisces I think?