日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
Gay rights abroad
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-08-04 13:59:29  
I think Syfy did a pretty decent job with their gay character in Warehouse 13, he's just like anyone else and if Claudia hadn't hit on him we wouldn't know that he's gay.

Probably the only thing they've done right since Battlestar Galactica >_>
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-05 16:59:19  
Kimble2013 said: »
You know, it always did bother me when I ran into gay people that act like they are special just because they are gay.

If you're gay, thats cool. I don't have a problem with that, but if you want to be treated like everyone else, maybe don't at like you are better/special because you are gay?

(I really hope that doesn't come off as mean)
Pretty much. Before playing FFXI, I had never seen a guy making sure to let everyone know he was gay. It looks like a guy faking to be a woman, seeking for attention or special treatment, such a waste of time and an out of topic/useless detail. In France people don't care. When I go anywhere here in London, nobody cares. I meet gay people in both situations and none of them ever said they were gay. Maybe they understood that nobody gives a ***about it, and I thank them for this.

Also, I don't know if it's becauce I'm French/EU (might be different in the south of Italy for example), but African-american (someone compared it earlier) sounds much more racist than any other way to call black people I have ever heard. It's also hilarious considering that well, France has black territories and we don't call them "African-french" or whatever. We call them French, they are humans, black humans, but humans and they are French, so they are French.

I should start calling myself a Straight-white-sicilian or something, I want to feel special, too.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-08-05 17:17:09  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
You know, it always did bother me when I ran into gay people that act like they are special just because they are gay.

If you're gay, thats cool. I don't have a problem with that, but if you want to be treated like everyone else, maybe don't at like you are better/special because you are gay?

Pretty much. Before playing FFXI, I had never seen a guy making sure to let everyone know he was gay. It looks like a guy faking to be a woman, seeking for attention or special treatment, such a waste of time and an out of topic/useless detail. In France people don't care. When I go anywhere here in London, nobody cares. I meet gay people in both situations and none of them ever said they were gay. Maybe they understood that nobody gives a ***about it, and I thank them for this.

Also, I don't know if it's becauce I'm French/EU (might be different in the south of Italy for example), but African-american (someone compared it earlier) sounds much more racist than any other way to call black people I have ever heard. It's also hilarious considering that well, France has black territories and we don't call them "African-french" or whatever. We call them French, they are humans, black humans, but humans and they are French, so they are French.

I should start calling myself a Straight-white-sicilian or something, I want to feel special, too.

/clap /clap. finally someone with some sense, inb4 you're racist.
 Fenrir.Havster
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2012-08-05 17:33:41  
I live in south UK, Brighton.

Known as the gay capital of Europe apparently lol.

We honestly dont give a toss about your sexual orientation in UK. You will get your bigots no doubt but I can honestly say I dont know any. Work with a number of gay people, some more openly than others.

We have Gay Pride festival every year too and its a great day out!! really good laugh.

I made the mistake of having my stag do on Gay Pride weekend, they dressed me up as the biker from village people. ***.

I even had a bloke fancy me when I worked at my previous job, he told me, I said thank you mate but im straight, he said "oh well ill just live in hope you wise up one day!" lol.

Was flattering, in my mind its no diff to a woman fancying me, albeit theres more hair and a penis!!! DO NOT WANT!!!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 17:33:52  
It's the opinion of most of my black friends that using African-american is basically saying "I'm racist but I don't want to sound racist, I'm trying really hard believe me it's not easy what do I do now, help please".
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 17:35:32  
And I'll go out of my way to say I'm gay at times because people have been taught to be offended by it. If the alternative is molding to society where all the bigots can pretend I don't exist, *** you if you expect me not to make a deal of it.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 17:37:42  
You'll have to forgive us American gays for being less friendly and obedient.

Most of us can still lose our jobs if our employers decide they don't like that we're gay.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-08-05 17:38:15  

If you're gay, thats cool. I don't have a problem with that, but if you want to be treated like everyone else, maybe don't act like you are better/special because you are gay?

wtf does this even mean?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 17:40:47  
It's code for "I'm a bigoted piece of ***."
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2012-08-05 17:43:13  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

If you're gay, thats cool. I don't have a problem with that, but if you want to be treated like everyone else, maybe don't act like you are better/special because you are gay?

wtf does this even mean?

I get what he means I think, I worked for a bank which had an exremely camp gay guy working there, his voice was so camp it was annoying and he would simper around the office whispering to people like a 10yr old.

I couldnt stand him, nothing to do with his sexual preference but because he walked round being ridiculously over camp, I mean every cliche you can imagine he done it, and would love to try and stir up and create gossip.

People like that are trouble makers starved for attention and cause nothing but problems.

Its not limited to the gay comunity though to be fair, but I think thats what Pleebo means. I may be wrong of course.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 17:48:20  
Straight person does something you don't like.

"Ugh that person is so annoying."

Gay person does something you don't like.

"Ugh gay people are so annoying."

But you should probably tack on that you don't think it had to with sexuality anyways, to show that you are open-minded and actually very progressive.
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2012-08-05 17:55:47  
Or maybe you should calm down a bit and not be so aggresive to everyone? lol.

I dont give a ***if you like *** or not, my whole point was I think I get what Pleebo meant. The fact that this guy was gay meant nothing and I said clearly its not limited to the gay community to act like this however I think it gets noticed more.

Off the top of my head I have around 8 gay friends, none of them are any diff people to me because they are gay, they are great people no matter what.

The guy acted like a 10 year old girl running round and causing trouble wherever he could to get reactions and then would fall back on being picked on for being gay if anyone pointed it out. It wasnt because he was gay, its because he was a ***.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-08-05 17:55:55  

The same logic can be applied to just about any demograph of race/creed/orientation, etc.

The key is not making a big deal of it. People are people.
However, it is unfortunate many feel differently and would have it become a social and legislative status quo used to alienate the rights of others. Until the day that changes comes, the LGBT community has my support, but don't expect one's characteristics to warrant a rude, condescending, arrogant or otherwise negative attitude on those that simply don't know better. Mutual understanding needs to come first before anything can be changed, otherwise negativity only reflects more negativity.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 17:58:00  
Except Morgan Freeman's solution to racism will not work.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:01:07  
Fenrir.Havster said: »

I dont give a ***if you like *** or not, my whole point was I think I get what Pleebo meant. The fact that this guy was gay meant nothing and I said clearly its not limited to the gay community to act like this however I think it gets noticed more.

Off the top of my head I have around 8 gay friends, none of them are any diff people to me because they are gay, they are great people no matter what.

The guy acted like a 10 year old girl running round and causing trouble wherever he could to get reactions and then would fall back on being picked on for being gay if anyone pointed it out. It wasnt because he was gay, its because he was a ***.

Actually, I don't need to calm down. I don't care if you have gay friends, honestly. No *** given. The number of gay friends needed to prove that you aren't bigoted/have bigoted thoughts has been raised to infinity. The fact that you have to make the distinction of "he's gay, oh but it probably doesn't matter anyways" is a load of ***. You may only be "trying to get what they were saying" but the point is that you shouldn't because it doesn't make sense.
By Artemicion 2012-08-05 18:02:19  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Except Morgan Freeman's solution to racism will not work.

The point was, his mentality on Black History Month can apply to many other contemporary civil right demographs. And though there really is no "viable" solution to racism or bigotry, tuning it out and making it less problematic than it needs to be is a good start. Perhaps in time, and with enough patience, generations of hatred will slowly but surely fade out of existence. I mean if the vast majority of people worldwide would see something like this as utterly ridiculous in a manner of 50+ years, then it really is only a matter of time before it will apply to gays as well.

Perhaps my faith is misplaced in the progressive nature of our world, but my faith is resolute nonetheless.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 18:03:43  
http://www.derailingfordummies.com/complete.html#hostile

http://www.derailingfordummies.com/complete.html#overemotional

I swear you can play Derailing for Dummies Bingo with these sorts of threads.
 Fenrir.Toogood
user: toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-05 18:04:18  
Can we get to the point where everyone says, "does it really matter?"

People believe what they want no. No one, yes, no one, is going to change that unless they want it for themselves. Discussion over.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:04:33  
Actually it's a really awful start because it means you're telling people to not make a big deal of the fact that people think it's perfectly acceptable to not treat others like human beings.
By Artemicion 2012-08-05 18:05:52  
Actually it's a really awful start because it means you're telling people to not make a big deal of the fact that people think it's perfectly acceptable to not treat others like human beings.

That's not what I was implying at all.
Let legislation and police work tune out ridiculous polices and acts of crime that would harm or alienate those being acted upon. The point was not to make a fuss out how others reflect their personal beliefs, as protesting one's thoughts would only empower their ignorance/stupidity.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-05 18:06:01  
Sounds like you're assuming only the people being discriminated against would have to be quiet about it.
 Fenrir.Toogood
user: toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-05 18:06:51  
My point is, why are you choosing to fight on a forum, with other like minded individuals, when you could be somewhere else, maybe making a difference?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:08:08  
In that case, you have to consider that racism exists in ways other than acts of hostility and aggression. And if people aren't talking about it then it's just left unchecked.

The solution is to talk about it, not to be quiet.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-08-05 18:08:14  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Most of us can still lose our jobs if our employers decide they don't like that we're gay.

It's interesting to observe the level of equality and the level of animosity towards gay rights in different countries. Over here in the UK an employer would not dare fire a gay employee over a minor offense or make them redundant because they could find themselves taken to court accused of discrimination, unless of course it was an out right breach of contract. A non gay employee however could not use their sexuality to make such a claim, it's this kind of thing that contributes largely to the animosity that gay people feel from society because gay members of society want to be treated as equal, yet these kind of cases allow them to be granted special treatment over others, in turn making it look like they are more deserved or entitled than others.
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2012-08-05 18:08:39  
Fenrir.Havster said: »

Actually, I don't need to calm down. I don't care if you have gay friends, honestly. No *** given. The number of gay friends needed to prove that you aren't bigoted/have bigoted thoughts has been raised to infinity. The fact that you have to make the distinction of "he's gay, oh but it probably doesn't matter anyways" is a load of ***. You may only be "trying to get what they were saying" but the point is that you shouldn't because it doesn't make sense.

Im actually starting to wonder if you are entirely stable in the head tbh. Do you actively go about seeking argument in everything you do?

I dont care that they are gay was my point, how that is some sort of evidence I need is baffling me, they are my friends and I see no difference or think any different. This also leads to me having to make distinctions..... well I think I just covered that. There isnt any.

I also was trying to explain what I think he meant, since it was asked, I then said its not limited to the gay community to act like this.

I wont bother replying again because you are an incredibly angry person that seems to insist on hitting people with your "IMAFUCKINGGAYANDYOURABIGOT!" bat when there is no need.

Peace out and I hope you get whatever resolution youre hoping for.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:09:33  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »

It's interesting to observe the level of equality and the level of animosity towards gay rights in different countries. Over here in the UK an employer would not dare fire a gay employee over a minor offense or make them redundant because they could find themselves taken to court accused of discrimination, unless of course it was an out right breach of contract. A non gay employee however could not use their sexuality to make such a claim, it's this kind of thing that contributes largely to the animosity that gay people feel from society because gay members of society want to be treated as equal, yet these kind of cases allow them to be granted special treatment over others, in turn making it look like they are more deserved or entitled than others.

NO.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-05 18:09:34  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »

Companies would never come right out and say they're firing someone for being gay. There are ways around it.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12