users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Hades Sainti +1
Hades Sainti +1
 Ramuh.Konoko
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-05-28 02:58:22  
Does anybody know how much these would cost, and the chances of making HQing these? Also, how would these parse against Destroyers? I'm guessing Destroyers are still better but i'm curious.
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-28 03:05:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I've tried alot to get an HQ for PUP. Gave up. Lost a few million in critical fails. Destroyers outparses them by a double digit percentage phenomenal landslide. PUP *REAL* weapon only, except maybe situational monk tanking. Other than that, it's a kiting piece for jobs like NIN or WAR. I've not seen a use for it on BST at all, really.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-28 03:07:21  
I cant even afford the NQ pair. If I could, I'd be one dangerous MNK tank.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-28 03:08:02  
oh yah, theyre 700k on Ifrit, and thats NQ.
 Ramuh.Konoko
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-05-28 03:49:43  
Was thinking around that in terms of numbers for Destroyers, they do however sound like a pretty attractive alternative for chariot tanking, but it's just that i've never ever seen a pair of them on my server, so I have no idea what the price range would be...
 Remora.Nhahagolah
サーバ: Remora
user: Nhaha
By Remora.Nhahagolah 2009-05-28 03:52:03  
They're easily better than Destroyers for MNK if you don't have capped hitrate and your attack (vs. monster's defense) isn't horrible (because it'd mean a critical hit would add a lot of damage compared to a normal punch). That said, yes, the HQ are awful to get your hands on, good luck. THAT said, the NQ could probably beat Destroyers as well. I did the math on BG sometime ago.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-28 04:15:49  
*Shrugs.* I have Hades Sainti, Destroyers, Avengers and Wagh Baghnakhs. I prefer the sainti. I don't even remember the last time I used anything but the hades sainti on my mnk b/c usually I'm the one tanking. Also, the acc/eva is just uber.

I can't wait til my bc buddy HQ's a pair for me. =D
 Ramuh.Konoko
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-05-28 13:56:14  
I'm going to be on the lookout for a pair in the future; they do seem like a fair weapon for Monk, so i'll be aspiring to make an attempt at getting a pair hopefully!
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2009-06-01 09:02:37  
Nhahagolah said:
They're easily better than Destroyers for MNK if you don't have capped hitrate and your attack (vs. monster's defense) isn't horrible (because it'd mean a critical hit would add a lot of damage compared to a normal punch). That said, yes, the HQ are awful to get your hands on, good luck. THAT said, the NQ could probably beat Destroyers as well. I did the math on BG sometime ago.

^ This, provided that the acc never goes to waste on hades, they will parse evenly with destroyers. Again provided that the acc never goes to waste, the HQ should parse higher than destroyers. And Faiths are usually better than both. Hopefully you enjoy farming Sea if you like using those.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-01 09:51:54  
I agree. Unless you're at the acc cap on a mob, you might as well up your acc instead of your crit % imo.
 Seraph.Krispy
サーバ: Seraph
user: daNpwr
By Seraph.Krispy 2009-06-01 09:54:05  
hot for mnk in salvage
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-01 10:05:52  
Yeah, good point, Krispy. Reminds me... I should do more Salvage. >.>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [129 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mdkuser
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: mdkuser
By Quetzalcoatl.Mdkuser 2009-10-08 04:15:28  
Im guessing you use sushi? why would you use hades sainti with sushi? And why would getting hate be an issue? The more hate you have, the more counters and the more damage. I walways want to have hate on monk, it increases my damage. You dont have to keep utsusemi 100%...

Hades sainti NQ are better destroyer when you are in the 80%-90% hit rate range, and the HQ is almost always better, without even considering the +9 enimity ( which indirectly adds to counter dmg). Only time destroyers are better is if you don't need any accuracy gear to cap accuracy, ie really weak mobs.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-08 05:39:27  
Uh, you are not at accuracy cap on greater colibri unless you're blowing those pizzas (A huge waste), or you're getting a madrigal, which is gimping the rest of the party. Stop lying to yourself and everyone else here.

You are right that Destroyers beat Hades though, monk's DoT heavily outweighs their WS damage, and the 6% boost to critical hits is huge. I'm not saying it effects the WS's, because only Ascetic's Fury and Backhand Blow(lol) can crit in regards to monk Weapon Skills. It's just the constant punching and criticalling more often that greatly makes Destroyers superior.

And Faith Baghnakhs? Seriously? Hell no. /DNC or Ballista with those only. They do NOT beat Destroyers.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-08 05:47:30  
It takes 407 total accuracy to cap on lv82 birds. Try again.

And I'm getting +65 accuracy from Full usukane/sniper/toreador/Tiphia/cuchulain's/pcc.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-08 05:58:50  
I'm not saying Hades are better. They're not. I was saying you're lying about capped accuracy. And btw, with Focus up, you are capped. You should be at 391.7, not 381, unless you're not at full h2h merits, which would put you even further off of ACC cap. Don't believe me?

User submitted image
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 10:28:27  
Vincentius said:

And Faith Baghnakhs? Seriously? Hell no. /DNC or Ballista with those only. They do NOT beat Destroyers.

Wrong, Faiths are better than destroyers and this is pretty well known. The only limiting factor is how fast you deplete the stones, though I always use them for competitive parsing.

As for hades vs destroyers they both have their limiting factors, in some situations one is better in others the other is better, no definitive answer, situational.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 10:31:21  
Sandraa said:
Well you have a Math cal. i did all manual. So i did can have some errors but the point is "Destroyers are better than hades". And we can pass the hades and sushi with 384 or 391 acu you seems in your picture 87% hit rate.

Like how i say in my last post i can sacrifice 7 acu for the critical hit % and lose 7 acu dont hurt when you are very near of cap. If i count the Temple crown are 30 + acu. So we will have 391 + 30 = 421 acu. 2 mins and 3 mins we will have 87% hit rate ^^

Well, 7 acc is 3.5% hitrate, that affects all of your damage 6% crits is about 5-6% dmg increase depending on your current crit rate, but doesn't affect ws damage, so only affects 65-70% of your damage, mnk is generally 65-70% dot/30-35% ws damage.

6 x .65 = 3.9% increase to damage. 3.5% hitrate can beat that, but when you have focus up, and are capped, cuts down the usefullness of the acc there as ewll. but in a purely uncapped situation on acc, hades will win. Focus just pushes the comparison in favor of destroyers by a huge deal.
 Ramuh.Yimoa
user: Yimoa
By Ramuh.Yimoa 2009-10-08 10:58:49  
Hades Sainti+1 1/2 2nd Week into the recipe existing,Owner(Ulamine) tried to register it on our Auction House on Ramuh and someone bought them removing the Sig(/sigh).He got them back since the purchaser was fair about it.Went MIA a while from RL,see him occasionally.Never on MNK.(Go Figure right?)

Have seen a couple pairs of HQs floating around.However at the time I was the only NA(that I knew of) with 60+1smithing and 60 wood.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-08 12:14:39  
Vegetto said:
Vincentius said:

Wrong, Faiths are better than destroyers and this is pretty well known. The only limiting factor is how fast you deplete the stones, though I always use them for competitive parsing.

Really? I never would have expected them to come out on top. I considered them an equal, but due to the use of those stones, an always inferior merit choice. Maybe I'll have to try it, considering I have like 40 stacks of stones waiting.

I'm not going to use them for long though, because I still don't want to waste those things >_>;
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 12:17:11  
Math's been done on it in the past, and not sure if that ever floated towards KI, but BG and Alla recognize them as above destroyers, but less than shenlongs/spharai.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-08 12:26:28  
Nah, I never saw that math. Wish I had, I'd have been more motivated to farm Sea ffs.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-10-08 13:48:50  
Vegetto said:
Math's been done on it in the past, and not sure if that ever floated towards KI, but BG and Alla recognize them as above destroyers, but less than shenlongs/spharai.

This is why I keep 4 stacks of pouches in my satchel just in case I feel like meriting.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-08 16:43:14  
I've got about that many, maybe more. I need to test this out, but too bad I never merit.