Is Mooching Worth Getting?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Is mooching worth getting?
Is mooching worth getting?
 Asura.Ekotren
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-26 20:21:33  
Just a simple question; had ebisu for a while never bought mooching.
By Chimerawizard 2012-08-26 20:46:24  
If you ever use a Drill Calamary or Dwarf Pugil you will need this or you won't catch the fish.
nothing stays on the line long enough to make a catch using those bait.

Therefore, if you fish Matsya. You will need mooching KI.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-08-26 20:50:49  
Can catch Lik/Matsya/Gugs without mooching with rings and the like, mooching is a huge waste of time imo. Or use madskills and catch them with your bare hands.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-08-26 20:53:14  
I got mooching back when you had to camp pirate rides for Gugs as the only source and mooching worked on pretty well then. Now it's not really needed as long as you can get the rings needed to keep fish on the line long enough to catch them.

Chimerawizard said: »
If you ever use a Drill Calamary or Dwarf Pugil you will need this or you won't catch the fish.
nothing stays on the line long enough to make a catch using those bait.

Therefore, if you fish Matsya. You will need mooching KI.

oh, unless you bot-fish have a monkey fish for you. then NO.

fixed, B-word not allowed on forums ;)
By Chimerawizard 2012-08-26 22:10:02  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Can catch Lik/Matsya/Gugs without mooching with rings and the like, mooching is a huge waste of time imo. Or use madskills and catch them with your bare hands.

While Lik can be caught with minnows and Gugs can be caught with meatballs, Matsya can only be caught w/ live bait.
prove me wrong.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-08-26 22:13:15  
Chimerawizard said: »
Bahamut.Serj said: »

While Lik can be caught with minnows and Gugs can be caught with meatballs, Matsya can only be caught w/ live bait.
prove me wrong.

You can fish up Matsya using live bait without Mooching lol. Know what you're talking about before acting like a ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Karichan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2012-08-26 22:18:17  
If you suck at fishing and plan to use EX Bait, then yes, get Mooching.

If you're relatively decent at fishing [or cheat], you will not need it to catch anything. Matsya being the only thing people really use EX bait for anymore, are fairly simple to reel in without Mooching.

Rings are more worthwhile, if you need assistance. Especially since Drill Calamary would be a huuuuuge waste of time in comparison...
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2012-08-26 22:18:55  
I've tried, the fish only stayed on the line for ~10sec which is no where near enough time to pull in matsya. Since I've tried it myself, I believe that means I know what I'm talking about.

afterwords i got mooching and can actually kill the fish before i lose it and my bait.

Edit: it's been a while since I looked at the albetros. I forgot it adds 30sec. (I got a stupid idea in my head that it adds .5x to the time) That takes the whole difficulty out of fishing... I will be going to get that ASAP. Also, ya definately no need for mooching KI ever.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-08-26 22:32:49  
So use rings? lol
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-26 22:40:09  
Asura.Ekotren said: »
Just a simple question; had ebisu for a while never bought mooching.
Ask questions here.
[+]
 Odin.Kylien
サーバ: Odin
user: kylien1
By Odin.Kylien 2012-08-28 10:00:50  
Why would you point him to the general questions tab, when his question is about fishing?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-28 10:03:05  
Because it's a thread to answer small questions as long as they're related to FFXI ?
[+]
 Sylph.Maruraba
サーバ: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2012-08-28 11:13:06  
Okay, Albatross Ring pretty much gets rid of the need for Mooching.

BUT if you're fishing up a Matsya or even the Ebisu fish, Mooching adds a significant amount of time and I believe it adds to Albatross time, so it's even longer.

Another consideration: if you have Mooching, you should be able to tire out a Matsya without Albatross, which means you can wear both Puffin and Noddy ring to boost big fish bites and reduce monster bites, respectively. It's what I do and it seems to work well for me. Of course even then, Lady Luck may decide to screw you over fishing them anyway, but anything that helps your odds is a plus.