MMM Fishing Rings

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » MMM fishing rings
MMM fishing rings
By Xavierr 2012-08-30 07:45:32  
Wondering if anyone has any good tips on getting these rings. I never really did MMM so I lack experience on this event so any tips are greatly appreciated. I looked up rings on wiki but reading all that is gibberish to me since I've never done it. Basically just looking for what I need to get started on this event so i can obtain these rings faster.
 Leviathan.Komachii
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-08-30 07:56:35  
Just got the 2nd ring yesterday.
All you need is Maze Voucher 08, blank works as well, no idea whether any runes help to drop it.
I always did freshwater, sinking minnow on the first pond->giant catfish and shrimp lure on the pond to left not far->monke-onke.
Is actually really easy solo,unless you get unlucky with biterate and they got lucky with big fish catch (most of the time they reel in small fish)
By Xavierr 2012-08-30 07:59:49  
getting maze voucher 08 requires 100 marbles according to wiki. Does this mean I'll have to spend a few days doing some other maze until I have enough marbles to purchase this or is there another way around it?
 Leviathan.Komachii
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-08-30 08:05:57  
if you lucky someone may have put up a presetup fishing maze to buy for gil from the goblin. These can be used for i dunno 5times or so.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-30 11:25:36  
Just would like to inform the OP that these rings only give a 1% increase. If you want them just to have them fine, but if you are looking to use them they aren't worth it.
 Leviathan.Komachii
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-08-30 14:27:05  
well i waited with my oppinion on those rings until i could try the seagull.
So gone to haks, cause without any ring i could only reel in haks if very lucky with rod movement. Tried today with seagull, it helped a bit, most of the time couldnt deplete stamina fully, but was enough to land a catch.
Had not a lot of time with heron, noticed i could deplete nearly all the liks which wasnt the case before, but its maybe because i got more familiar with them.

All in all i had high hopes for seagull on haks, but is just not enoguh.
I suck at fishing or dunno, but cant reel haks reliably, guess im gonna stick with liks and gugru (gugru with albatross of course), more beneficial for the society as well!
 Sylph.Maruraba
サーバ: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2012-08-30 18:16:28  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Just would like to inform the OP that these rings only give a 1% increase. If you want them just to have them fine, but if you are looking to use them they aren't worth it.

I'm not sure what you mean by 1% difference. I've used both the Seagull Ring and the Penguin Ring and honestly I think they're the same. So if a fish is getting hard to tire out, it's a darn good choice in my opinion! Especially since it doesn't have charges and is quite a bit easier to get (or at least my Seagull Ring was way easier than my Penguin Ring, so take that for what it's worth).
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-08-30 18:21:04  
Are there any rings or other gear now that helps with fishing skillup rate?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-30 18:25:38  
I might be wrong then, but I only tested the difference between the IDs. Seagull changed it 1% while Penguin changed it 5% (or 15%, I forget). If you tested both out and notice no difference then I'm probably wrong then.
 Sylph.Maruraba
サーバ: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2012-08-31 08:54:05  
You're an experienced fisher too, Kalilla, so I wouldn't rule out that I could just be wrong. All I know is that when I was fishing Gugrusaurus, Seagull Ring worked just as well as Penguin Ring in the clutch. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. :)

Caitsith.Heimdall said: »
Are there any rings or other gear now that helps with fishing skillup rate?
Yes, Heimdall, the Pelican Ring will boost skill up rates. It's actually helped speed along my push to finally get 100 (I was a few levels off) while fishing Cave Cherax. But to get one, you have to place in the top 20 for the monthly fishing contest held in Selbina. If you're fortunate, it's one you can catch. If not, you could ask someone else to get you one that looks like a contender, but you can't buy it from an NPC. It has to be caught to have measurements on it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [173 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Cycerath
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2013-02-20 10:38:23  
for this, do the fish you catch count towards the 200 a day limit? just wondering if i need to wait on my fishing each day or if i can do this after the limit has been reached?
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-02-22 17:34:39  
I think it was said that fishing fatigue did not affect your ability to reel in fish in the Aquatic Depopulation MMM maze somewhere in the wiki page for it.

I've had a couple of Seagulls (one on a mule) and a Heron out of it easily enough. But was 70+ fishing before I ever even tried it.

The above advice about just buying a maze if available from Duplidox? is good advice.
On Phoenix there is someone that posts one up with both 019 and 020 runes on it so you start with 450 points of the 3000 already on the board.
(019 gives 150 and 020 gives 300 iirc if you're making your own maze.)

I've tried the seawater one a handful of times. But you can get very unlucky on this one if the other team catch a 1-Eye at any point. It can be pretty much game over if they do.