user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-13 17:24:14  
09-13-2012 02:01 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Random Deal Adjustments

Yarr,

I’d like to share some information about upcoming changes to corsair’s Random Deal ability.

Currently, Random Deal includes each and every ability into its chance factor in the case of abilities that are separated into multiple categories hierarchically, such as Phantom Roll. Due to this, the possibility of Phantom Roll being chosen greatly increases. With that said, we are planning to make changes so that Phantom Roll only counts as a single ability. (Similarly we will also be changing abilities such as Samba/Waltz, Jump, and other abilities that share recast timers.)

While this change won’t quite make it in time for the version update taking place at the end of September, the Development Team is working on the change and aiming to implement it during the following version update.
Subscribe
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2012-09-13 17:30:44  
I always use random deal to reset my Phantom Roll timer when I bust and use fold - this seems like a nerf to me .. but I'm not a COR main so others may see it differently.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-13 17:35:10  
Quote:
such as Samba/Waltz, Jump, and other abilities that share recast timers.
What is se on jump never shared a recast time did it.I just flat out do not understand what they are doing to dancer can someone explain it better then this.
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-09-13 17:56:46  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
Quote:
What is se on jump never shared a recast time did it.I just flat out do not understand what they are doing to dancer can someone explain it better then this.
Jump and Spirit Jump share the same timer. High Jump and Soul Jump share the same timer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-09-13 17:57:40  
Sounds like they're making sambas/waltzes and the different jumps count as one ability under the effect of Random Deal. It's not really a change to dancer.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-13 17:58:03  
Quote:

What are YOU on?
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-09-13 17:59:02  
Quote:
Jump and Spirit Jump share the same recast as do High Jump and Soul Jump.

From what I understand, every ability that is used has an equal chance to get restored by Random Deal. Something like Jump would get two chances since there are two abilities on that timer. Likewise, Waltz recast timer is shared by eight different abilities making it eight times more likely to be chosen than other abilities that are awaiting recast.

If I am understanding this correctly, Phantom Roll (with 29 abilities that share this timer) has a significantly greater chance of getting restored than other abilities, so SE aims to "fix" this.

But I am not a COR, so correct me if I misunderstood this.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-13 18:16:26  
No Thor I believe you hit the nail on the head.
By Heimdel 2012-09-13 18:34:30  
So basically they are gonna make it truly random instead of stacking the deck that some thing are more likely to be hit than others.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-09-13 18:42:19  
This does sound a bit like a "nerf" to me sadly :(
I also will use Random Deal, not to reset Phantom Roll more or less, but to reset Quickdraw.
With 8 different QDs, it usually has a higher chance of getting reset.

Going to kinda blow if it works differently from now on.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-14 17:44:09  
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-22 21:44:53  
Not sure how i feel about this, If i need to random deal, its usually because fold+snakeye are on cooldown and I pop tripleshot too then swap in commodore frac +2 then random deal hoping I get multiple JA restored. Quickdraw charges already being used are a given if a cor is ever going to use random deal.

Hey SE how about making random deal merits cut the timer down more?
[+]