フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Absolute Virtue
Absolute Virtue
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-22 13:37:22  
Ok, I recently farmed up a bunch of sea mobs for varius things and items, and ended up with a Jailer of Love pop set. Now I would LOVE to fight Absolute Virtue and get the title and maybe an item or two, but i have no way of doing this as I am not part of a Linkshell Capable of killing him. Was wondering if any Quetz LS out there would be willing to kill this and give me the Sash should it drop, if not at least 1 item of my choice from the drops. Everything else, including drops from Jailer of Love minus love torque, would be yours to do with as you please, wether it be to your ls, sell, what ever. Main thing i want is the title and an item from AV to show for it.

So, anyone interested?

Edit: Have a few individuals interested in fighting him. If i gather up the right jobs i will just set a time/date and we can gather up to take him down. I will post the names of people here who want to go.

Kouryuu
Cassiel
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-22 14:03:25  
Once u get 99 like 4 99 BST and 2 99 whm and maybe a rdm or brd to debuff the mob.That should be all u need if not over kill.

If i am wrong someone please tell me.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-09-22 14:11:02  
You can't kill AV with BSTS. Especially 4.
[+]
By Giaden 2012-09-22 14:16:33  
Check with some of the stronger shells, inono if they even bother with it anymore but VS and Reborn still might Merc AVs. You can even shout for AV now days, Several strong DDs 2 smns with Alex and maybe a brd or two should be fine. Did a AV not to long ago, just 10 of us, went down pretty quickly and only had one brd. If your shouting might want to go for 15-18 people to be safe.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-09-22 14:36:07  
Xax I do shout AVs all the time. Ideal setup is x5-6 powerful dds, thf, smn x2, sch, brd. If you don't bring a sch bring 2 brds (or bring both!). Hope this helps, good luck!

Edit: Also going to need someone with twilight to zombie av.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-22 21:45:37  
Got some good advice and what not here. Thanks! i will keep my options open but for now going to keep looking for an ls that wants to fight this guy
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-22 23:58:33  
babababababa bump!
 Siren.Beefsupreme
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Beefsupreme 2012-09-23 00:32:31  
Done AV with a full alliance of BST was never more than 7-8 on at any one time. So ya its BSTable and does not take long to shout for them when offering title and drops with the exception of one drop reserved for yourself.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-23 00:51:17  
Siren.Beefsupreme said: »
Done AV with a full alliance of BST was never more than 7-8 on at any one time. So ya its BSTable and does not take long to shout for them when offering title and drops with the exception of one drop reserved for yourself.

And what about things like benediction? i can see how it might work but benediction is still a ***
 Siren.Beefsupreme
By Siren.Beefsupreme 2012-09-23 00:59:21  
If i am not mistaken someone came with I cant rember what job it was but locked av when it 2h. I do rember seeing it benediction one time at least. Fight took about 20-30 min sadly being my first av was cough in range of its aoe and spent most of the fight laying on the ground.
Responded to a shout for title and cast lots on all but one drop.
Not a av expert but was done with all faithful falcors.
 Sylph.Rafaras
サーバ: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-09-23 00:59:24  
A full alliance of BST could kill AV easily.

The hardest part of it all is getting that many BST together.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-23 01:07:13  
well also, what about jailor of love? gotta kill all those damn adds and hold him for a long time. then again, i suppose it wouldnt be "that" hard
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-09-23 01:13:41  
JoL has adds?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-23 01:16:03  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
JoL has adds?

Yes, in order to negate most of Absolute Virtues regen effect, you have to kill like 9 waves of mobs that jailor of love spits out
 Siren.Beefsupreme
By Siren.Beefsupreme 2012-09-23 01:18:46  
Cant say much for JoL as there was only 3-4 experienced players on it while everyone watched for adds and dispatched them pretty fast. I rember the leader telling everyone to stay off JoL but did not object to everyone kicking the crap out of the adds.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-23 01:24:50  
Cant say much for JoL as there was only 3-4 experienced players on it while everyone watched for adds and dispatched them pretty fast. I rember the leader telling everyone to stay off JoL but did not object to everyone kicking the crap out of the adds.

yeah, i read up on it a little and actually was part of one JoL/AV fight (lost to AV but thems the brakes) and from what i understand, you have to kill all the adds or else AV's regen is just stupid strong. On top of that you have to hit him with a nuke of the element of the day in order to kill off the other half of his regen.
 Siren.Beefsupreme
By Siren.Beefsupreme 2012-09-23 01:28:38  
On a side note it did take about a hour to shout for all the bst but honestly way way way back in the day I spent longer shouting for a alliance of peeps just for O-hat so its up to you if its worth shouting or trying to see if a ls will merc it for you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-23 01:31:12  
On a side note it did take about a hour to shout for all the bst but honestly way way way back in the day I spent longer shouting for a alliance of peeps just for O-hat so its up to you if its worth shouting or trying to see if a ls will merc it for you.

true, O. hat was a *** to get people for. Few other things as well. but in any case, right now just seeing who on my server is interested and what not. If i don't get a LS to merc it i will just do a shout party. Will probably do the same for my Pandemonium Warden pop as well
 Siren.Beefsupreme
By Siren.Beefsupreme 2012-09-23 01:32:02  
Good luck :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-23 05:58:36  
bump
 Bahamut.Illyst
サーバ: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2012-09-23 06:32:58  
We killed it with 1 sch 1 rdm 1 brd 1 smn 1 thf 1 drg 2 drks(1rag) 1 emp mnk and 1 emp war.

Let love pop 9 sets of adds to kill regen. Becore you kill love have brd go to dds and sing sv minuets. Sch embravas dds. Once av pops rdm uses dia3 and chainspell nuke same element of the day to further kill avs regen. Smn uses pd on dds and then you just zerg it down.

The thf was the only one on jol while it was popping adds.
 Bismarck.Sixo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: sixo
By Bismarck.Sixo 2012-09-23 07:25:33  
We've killed JoL/AV afew times with drk mnk thf sam sam with smn cor brd sch mules.
Just normal buffs for JoL and zerg it down, takes about 1min.
Brd zombies AV while the sch keeps them raised as everyone recovers.

Then its just a case of buffing up and embrava/pd zerging. The fight it self only takes aout 45 secs.

Only bit that might go wrong is timing on inviting the brd for sv songs as they need to be on then PD up befoer it depops (but theres plenty of time unless people are stupid).
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-23 07:26:28  
Bahamut.Illyst said: »
We killed it with 1 sch 1 rdm 1 brd 1 smn 1 thf 1 drg 2 drks(1rag) 1 emp mnk and 1 emp war.

Let love pop 9 sets of adds to kill regen. Becore you kill love have brd go to dds and sing sv minuets. Sch embravas dds. Once av pops rdm uses dia3 and chainspell nuke same element of the day to further kill avs regen. Smn uses pd on dds and then you just zerg it down.

Sounds like it could work, but i would want a full ally to help lock two hours if he wants to be an *** and spam benediction or perfect dodge, or even invincible
 Bahamut.Illyst
サーバ: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2012-09-23 08:59:15  
Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial said: »

Sounds like it could work, but i would want a full ally to help lock two hours if he wants to be an *** and spam benediction or perfect dodge, or even invincible

Sounds like it could work? It DID work lol. Locking 2hrs would take far too long… afaik you need the people to use the 2hrs at the same exact time he does. Its better to just use embrava/pd zerg. Take less than 1 min from the time he pops to his death.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2012-09-23 10:16:24  
My GF and I would be interested in helping out on this, both need the title. Kouryuu and Cassiel. Can see our jobs on our profiles. We are GMT+1 so can help out if we are on just let us know a date and time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-09-23 10:18:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial said: »

Sounds like it could work? It DID work lol. Locking 2hrs would take far too long… afaik you need the people to use the 2hrs at the same exact time he does. Its better to just use embrava/pd zerg. Take less than 1 min from the time he pops to his death.

Maybe i am just an old school player, but i hate depending on a strat that can so easily go wrong. Dont get me wrong, i see what your saying and yes it COULD work if you get lucky with AV using his two hours. A single Benediction or a perfect dodge can screw the whole thing up though.

Though i do see this as a viable way to beat some of the tougher mobs, i just cannot believe FFXI has gotten so water down lately that the only strat people can use is the perfect defense zerg approach. Sometimes i miss the old ways of actual strat and skill. But i digress.

If i cannot get a linkshell on board and what not, i will most likely end up doing this very thing and keep my fingers crossed
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-23 10:23:41  
You overestimate AV.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Giaden 2012-09-23 10:39:46  
I agree with Kvazz, AV really isn't a big deal at all anymore. IF your zerging it only thing that kinda mess's people up is the Beni, or possibly PD bc you rely on the Alex for Perfect Def.
As for Jol, he's extremely easy, 2 bst take him down very easy and a small party 3-4 people can beat him down. 2 mnks thf(th touch) a whm all you need. only thing you have to watch for is Charm but meh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-09-23 10:43:45  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
You overestimate AV.
Quetz
[+]
First Page 2