フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » WTS: NNI Gear
WTS: NNI Gear
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-09-29 06:15:26  
We are currently taking buyers that would like NNI (Neo Nyzul) clears. Prices may be negotiable depending on the job(s) buyers have access to.

Send a /tell in game or PM on here if you are interested. We guarantee your anonymity. Bulk discount and referral bonuses apply. Prices may vary.
 Carbuncle.Templite
user: Template
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 07:28:14  
this group quoted me 6m per clear/3m lots guaranteed, i ordered 15/15.

now they want 10m per clear/5m lots or i should level/gear other jobs so i can pay a little less.

what kinda bulk discount is that?

i walked.

they looking for new buyers now.

P.S. Hunglow/Jaraxle/Leibniz: maybe if you hadn't been undercutting me on fish all week I mighta considered it

P.P.S. If you are on Carbuncle and would like to sell me some Nyzul gear at 10m/5m please let me know I'll bring my business to you
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-09-29 07:55:58  
Didn't realize this thread was about undercutting fish. Good to know. Sounds like your rationalizations are bitter on some personal level that I have nothing to do with. Please direct your frivolous complaints to those parties involved.

Slight example of price distribution and our reasoning behind his quote. Initial quote was set up prior to recent update, we took this person on 1 run which had unfortunately timed out at FL 100. Based on a discussion of contribution to the run, prices were adjusted accordingly based on a perceived success rate.

Presumably, if your only job for the event is thf, and a detailed discussion of how to set temp items and floor objectives is necessary, we retain the right to presume that your understanding of the event and its intricacies are limited, and quote accordingly.

This system favors those who are prepared in at least some marginal form to contribute to the event. In this essence, not all buyers are viewed upon as the same.

This does not mean we are discouraging a portion of the player base to partake in our offer.

Furthermore, we retain the right to undercut your fish.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-09-29 08:15:44  
awesome post is awesome!!!

seriosuly tho don't be mad at prices... tbh if you need to buy you should consider looking at yourself and why it is you have to buy rather than winning with friends...

Not trying to drive away business vag!! >.>

Also telling you to lvl a job thats reasonable for the event imo is like fine.. you WANT the gear so therefore you should DO what YOU can to make it happen... and if that saves you some gil why WOULDN'T you do that?

Honestly some people... jesus....
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 08:16:15  
only 1 run cus they were out of tags after failing to get previous buyers any wins that day

then they have me come out last night and tell me they are nearly doubling price as we are about to go in.

good luck finding buyers who have perfect setup, want to hand you 10/5m per piece and will be available during the time that's good for you.

was not a good experience dealing with this greedy price point *** you have come up with and I'm dissatisfied enough that I wanted to let other potential customers know how unprofessional you guys were about it.

They said my thief was fine AFTER the 1 run we did (which was about as close to a win as it comes) and that the price was fine, then they want to double the price because they cant cheat on lamps anymore and say it's because my thief is <too weak>.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-09-29 08:53:10  
No offense, but most jobs are <too weak> in NNI. The fact that they increased the price after the update should not have shocked you. The difficulty of successfully completing the event went up, so they adjusted the price accordingly for the extra time it takes them to get you the gear you want. NNI is already an event that the greatest battle you face is against the clock. Taking a subpar job for NNI only increases that fight against the clock.

Don't cry over them dat swapping with lamps previously. By you buying from them, you were not only condoning the action, but if a GM was able to detect what groups were doing it, you would be guilty by association.
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 09:12:24  
no i'm sure some people even dumber than me will be running to pay these guys for their service.

guess that's why they are offering guaranteed anonymity

because people will think you are stupid if they know you did this

paying them to go thief so I dont have to gear other jobs makes sense to me.

gearing other jobs so I can pay them doesn't

I'll gear my jobs and make my own group I guess, but if anyone wants to take my thief on a gamble I'll pay 10/5m for wins/lots if you don't jerk me around.
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-09-29 09:14:26  
ITT: People mad about fish.

1: I wasn't on the run, I didn't negotiate with you and personally, I don't care about fish, unless its raw slighlty cooked burnt to a crisp tuna of course.

2: You mention "greedy price point" in your previous post, yet the one prior you offer other groups to merc for you at the same amount.

The whole fact of calling out player names that are in the fish marketplace for what I presume to be profit (they could just get their rocks off undercutting you, IDK ~ Not in the fish game) and then complaining pretty much nullifies your argument.

3. You make claims as to know what or whom we sold to that day. Personally I highly doubt you were privy to that information, and if such might be the case let me assure you that your assumptions, or accusations therein, are quite misinformed.

4. I find it amusing, and when I say amusing I mean flat out hilarious, that you can come in here screaming of professionalism when it is more than obvious that ZOMG Undercutting fish is the reason for these personal attacks and slander.

You're mad about fish.
You're mad about prices.
You're mad thief isn't a highly sought after job for Neo.
We get it bro.

For the record, this individuals quote was elevated due to the level of frustration involved with basic communication. As mentioned in the initial post, before fishing trolled through the thread, prices may vary.
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 09:16:00  
i mentioned fish on a whim dude. you were the one that took it and ran with it

so you base you prices on how hard it is to communicate with people? I was the one who brought the dat swap change to Jurist's attention (group leader? it's a democracy he said) and I asked your group about prices/times like 10 times over the past week and got 0 responses other than "i'm pretty sure were still gonna go", I've sent PMs to him to work out details, no responses

all i got from you guys was, "you're fine" about my job setup

I, as the paying customer, give your "team" an F on communication

on the 1 run we did, which was MY VERY FIRST EVER NNI RUN, we timed out on 100 boss. If I had to guess why we ran out of time it would be because one of the dudes aggrod a buncha crap and died on a lamp floor, but maybe it was because I was inexperienced and had lower DOT, maybe both.
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-09-29 09:33:52  
I apologize for our members not being able to communicate with you in a timely manner. As a measure of good faith, we would like to extend a 10% discount to all customers who were affected by our temporary lack of service. Please use the following coupon code prior to your next purchase to take advantage of this amazing deal.

Coupon Code #53401: "maybe if you hadn't been undercutting me on fish all week I mighta considered it"
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 09:49:14  
there wont be any more coupons incoming because there is no value in your business anymore. mostly cus lamps got fixed and the event is too hard to be regularly profitable now. You will find some people who want certain pieces and you will make a couple mil for your 2 hours+ of work occasionally

im definitely disappointed SE fixed the lamps

im mixed feelings about the prices cus im not willing to pay them but it saved me a lot of money

i wish thief weren't so gimp yep

*In summary skip the whole thread and either get raped by these people even tho you're totally capable (they wouldnt go with you if you werent) or do what SE intended and spend a long time preparing for and completing 15/15 without getting raped.*
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 09:56:38  
Carbuncle.Vaglabond said: »
3. You make claims as to know what or whom we sold to that day. Personally I highly doubt you were privy to that information, and if such might be the case let me assure you that your assumptions, or accusations therein, are quite misinformed.

Jurist personally told me that you guys got bad floors that night, had no wins, and had to refund the buyers money. The buyer obviously left them with 1 tag which is why they called me to go do 1 run.
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-09-29 09:59:02  
1. Jar is a mule. If he is undercutting, my guess would be that it is more of an inventory issue than gil.

2. We did a run after you dropped for shits and giggles. 2 order lamp floors, fl 100 cleared.

3. What qualifications does it take to deem whether or not this event is profitable? I'm not going to make any definitive statements, but I'm guessing 1 run isn't sufficient. (I learned that schwweet bold move from your previous posts, and I want to thank you for that).

4. Where do you get this idea that we will not go with people if they aren't capable? You are completely twisting words and concepts. Frankly, I'm beginning to doubt that an ounce of thought is going into this continuous drivel.
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 10:01:32  
that 1 run things were very different, you could cheat on lamp orders. now, i suspect it will get less profitable since you will win even fewer runs. And maybe I'm wrong! I hope so, because that would mean it wasn't so hard.

you did a run by yourselves after you tossed like 60m in the toilet because you wanted more
 Carbuncle.Shabbanton
user: Shabba
By Carbuncle.Shabbanton 2012-09-29 10:16:32  
problem with this game,
too many noobs raging cause they cant buy skill.
go training for NNI so we don't have to see you crying like a girl
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 10:28:01  
they say they are selling gear... i'm pretty sure you CAN buy people's time. I just happen to think these guys time is overpriced.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-09-29 12:00:37  
Carbuncle.Templite said: »
they say they are selling gear... i'm pretty sure you CAN buy people's time. I just happen to think these guys time is overpriced.

The price of their time / risk is entirely dependent on the demand for that same time / risk. If they set the price too high then there won't be sufficient demand and they won't have clients. So they'll lower and lower the price until they have enough clients to justify their time. Seeing as NNI just got a whole lot "harder" to sell, I expect the price to sky rocket as demand goes up from people who didn't get 15/15 floor 100 wins already.
 Bismarck.Iso
user: ringly
By Bismarck.Iso 2012-09-29 12:22:47  
Oh so glad I'm not on the same server with this tool templite. Get over it and move on.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2012-09-29 12:29:47  
It shouldn't have been anything about going THF, if it was a competent group they could have completed it with you going THF. Why the hell should it matter what job you come on. You are paying for their service. If they thought they couldn't win with you on THF then they should have told you to pick another job, not raise the price on you. lmao
[+]
By Aikawa 2012-09-29 12:31:01  
Shiva.Vosslerr said: »
It shouldn't have been anything about going THF, if it was a competent group they could have completed it with you going THF. Why the hell should it matter what job you come on. You are paying for their service. If they thought they couldn't win with you on THF then they should have told you to pick another job, not raise the price on you. lmao

probably raised the price coz the risk of getting caught hacking...
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2012-09-29 12:43:41  
this thread....... If you even mention the buyer's job matters then you're doing it wrong. They aren't there to do work, you should be doing it.The only real thing a buyer should be doing it touching code lamps. Who cares if the person is THF.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-09-29 12:51:56  
Just another example of why threads like this need to be banned.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-09-29 12:56:08  
Has anyone tried the old limbus trick of lotting when inside different "zones". The selling group of 6 clear the run and get their clear win items, and have a buyer for each set, along with a mule, enter old nyzul isle when the main group hits floor 90. They kill the NNI boss and if any gear drops from boss, one person drops party and the buyer trades Gil to the sellers mule and then gets invited to the main group for the right to lot gear.

It MIGHT work since NNI and old nyzul are technically i the same zone, like how all the limbus towers and the limbus lobby are all 1 single zone.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-29 12:58:04  
Carbuncle.Templite said: »
If I had to guess why we ran out of time it would be because one of the dudes aggrod a buncha crap and died on a lamp floor
This could be a red flag to buyers.

Templite said:
A shitton of pathetic whining
This should not.

Bottom line is that all you risk is a tag. If you need to buy gear in the first place, that probably doesn't mean much to you, as there are limitted groups selling it. Go with them once, if they seem disorganized or rude, don't go again. Simple.

Quote:
Has anyone tried the old limbus trick of lotting when inside different "zones". The selling group of 6 clear the run and get their clear win items, and have a buyer for each set, along with a mule, enter old nyzul isle when the main group hits floor 90. They kill the NNI boss and if any gear drops from boss, one person drops party and the buyer trades Gil to the sellers mule and then gets invited to the main group for the right to lot gear.

It MIGHT work since NNI and old nyzul are technically i the same zone, like how all the limbus towers and the limbus lobby are all 1 single zone.
Doesn't work, assault areas are true instanced. Same for salvage. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE premise, too.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Funsam
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2012-09-29 13:03:01  
Simple fact if you buying you shouldn't have to do anything. if your being a functioning member of the group, should be free or make your own group simple has that.

Has for the comment about skill in nini 95% of people winning cheat, no skill in cheating. just the same has no common sense in paying someone, if you working your *** off just has much has they are.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-29 13:07:35  
Carbuncle.Funsam said: »
Simple fact if you buying you shouldn't have to do anything. if your being a functioning member of the group, should be free or make your own group simple has that.

Has for the comment about skill in nini 95% of people winning cheat, no skill in cheating. just the same has no common sense if paying someone, if you working your *** off just has much has they are.
You're paying for the time, effort, and assault tag timers of 5 people who know what they're doing(hopefully). Consider that the less you do, the lower their win rate is. As you're paying by win, lowering their win rate should increase price. They still put forth the same effort, why should they get a lower average reward because you're worse than most buyers?

If you were paying by run, you'd be more than welcome to sit on your *** doing nothing.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-09-29 13:12:58  
Carbuncle.Funsam said: »

Has for the comment about skill in nini 95% of people winning cheat, no skill in cheating. just the same has no common sense in paying someone, if you working your *** off just has much has they are.

I respectfully disagree.

Part of the consideration for price is how many runs 5 people will have to do in order to get the product.

For one person it may take 2 hours x 5 people. For another, 30 minutes x 5 people.

The question people seem to disagree on is whether or not the seller is entitled to ask for the whole pie (a high price and very few # of runs.)

Is it "unfair" to ask for or demand the whole pie? Is it greedy? It seems to me that the answer will differ according to who you ask.
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 13:22:13  
I think Comeatmebro wins the thread. I got owned plenty, the advertisement will still generate plenty of buyers and I got a chance to say I think this group is meh.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-29 13:29:10  
If you want to buy Neo Nyzul gear, you should really take 3 days out of your time and level SCH.

You can gear it functionally to be lamp-*** 2nd embrava on the cheap.
 Carbuncle.Templite
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-09-29 13:30:17  
i was working on that. and mentioned it. and they said my thief was fine.
First Page 2