フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Presidental Debate One
Presidental Debate One
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-03 22:04:25  
Enuyasha said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Even though he spoke better, I still don't know any of Romney's policy plans.

Vote for me, I'll figure it out later.
Vote for me, I vaguely know how a country works. I also ran a business and somehow magically made my state awesome.

To be fair, moderate republicans biggest criticism of Obama 4 years ago was his lack of business experience. They saw him as a community leader with no "big business" experience.

I feel badly for Obama. As the incumbent, not only does he have a job while campaigning (president of the USA?) but he also has to know that if reelected, he's going to meet the same legislative obstacles.

When a Republican candidate talks about "bipartisanship" and "line crossing" but stands with a party that was outspoken about preventing the president from passing legislature during a time of economic crisis, you know it's GOP bull-***.
 Alexander.Sumo
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2012-10-03 22:04:53  
Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Alexander.Sumo said: »
I'm not in charge of being the voice of 320 million people, In the next debate uhhbama will try to refrain from saying "uhh" and after enough times of him not being able to use his coping tool his mind will break. I think it will happen within the first 15min. of the debate.
I can not believe someone actually implied that we should be so fortunate that uhhbama even agreed to debate... wtf year is this 1943 in germany, did you think you elected a king or dictator?

not sure where you're going with that, so i'll take a stab in the dark and say; Adolf Hitler was a tremendous public speaker?
So he was, just was not a good place. I think we both agree about that.

Sure we can agree on that, I just fail to see your point on how Hitler's speaking abilities comes into play into our presidential debate.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 22:05:43  
I don't see how "business experience" guarantees you are an effective President. Corporations are run very differently from the federal government.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-03 22:07:43  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
I don't see how "business experience" guarantees you are an effective President. Corporations are run very differently from the federal government.

It doesn't. But to say that the experience hurts is naive.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-10-03 22:08:00  
sounds better to me that a hippie junkie.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 22:08:41  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
This debate goes to Romney.

He averted the disastrous results that would have come from a poor showing in this debate and came off more polished than the President with his statements... except most of them were flip-flops again like Medicare, Education and Economic Policy.

I would say that Romney repeated phrases (even when it was off topic) he wanted people to remember but that, to me, is not a debate. That is a presentation or speech.

I'm not sure about polished, maybe heavily prepared/coached.

However, I think both need a stronger mediator to control the debate better.

Frankly, the layman doesn't care about such nuances. People typically look at the presentation (outside) and rarely inspect the inside. You can lie like crazy in these debates and not be called on it while looking like an affable professional.

Romney knew this was crunch time and his debate prep was designed to do exactly that - stay cool, say what needs to be said and avoid major gaffes. He did that and Obama returned with gluing Romney to Obamacare but overall the debate looks like:

Start: Romney
Middle: Obama
End: Wash
By Enuyasha 2012-10-03 22:08:42  
Lye said: »

having community organizational skills doesn't help either.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 22:09:12  

Ad hominem some more.

Details. Use em.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-10-03 22:09:33  
Jetackuu said: »
Jetackuu said: »
When can we get a law to prevent lying on television?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1058017/

yeah, it got a 6.4 for a reason.

Exactly. The world would be a 6.4 without lying.

Edit... Sorry. I mean to say television would be a 6.4 without lying.

well with "reality tv" which is a lie anyway, it's about a 1.7, so that would be an improvement.
By Enuyasha 2012-10-03 22:09:46  
even a "hippie junkie" has the right to be the president of the united states. Is in the constitution!
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 22:09:56  

I didn't say that the business experience hurt. What hurts is that its constantly brought up, because it distracts from the facts. The facts were that Romney was a governor, and that's probably more relevant to his experience.

EDIT I think Romney did well when he mentioned his experience as Gov. He didn't flaunt his business side, which I think made for a stronger message.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-03 22:10:28  

having community organizational skills doesn't help either.

It's vital. I'm talking about four years ago and not trying to pick on Obama. Hell, I'm going to vote for him this year and the only reason I didn't 4 years ago is because I wasn't in the US.

I'm just saying that the comment doesn't come out of left field.
[+]
 Alexander.Sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2012-10-03 22:12:49  
I felt that when Romney spoke about the economy, he gave the stronger presentation. That is of no surprise to me. Let's all be honest, that's right in Mitt's wheelhouse. He has a corporate mind, and the experience to boot. His biggest failure is the lack of an outline and Obama continually calling him out on it.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-10-03 22:12:59  

Ad hominem some more.

Details. Use em.
Again, I will take a pare from uhhbummer's telapromper, uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh, vote for me plz. :3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 22:14:17  

Ad hominem some more.

Details. Use em.
Again, I will take a pare from uhhbummer's telapromper, uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh,uhh, uhh, uhhh, uhh, uhh, vote for me plz. :3

Is that the depth of your intellectual capacity? I'm asking you to explain yourself and you're giving me garble a 5 year old would deploy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 22:14:21  
That's not even ad hominem anymore, just your own construction of reality.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-10-03 22:14:33  

Ad hominem some more.

Details. Use em.
a teleprompter wouldn't have pauses in it. ERMAGHERD DETH PANALZ! VERT FER MEH! TEH DETH PANALS!TEH DETH PANALS!
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-03 22:14:58  

I didn't say that the business experience hurt. What hurts is that its constantly brought up, because it distracts from the facts. The facts were that Romney was a governor, and that's probably more relevant to his experience.

Again. I'm not saying that I agree. I'm saying that it was a criticism four years ago which explains why it isn't out of left field.

Being president is a job. When you apply for any job your "qualifications" are the first thing that are evaluated. I don't think they "distract from the facts."

In fact, they are the only "facts." In an election, the rest is a matter of perspective and promises.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-10-03 22:15:08  

Ad hominem some more.

Details. Use em.

Is that the depth of your intellectual capacity? I'm asking you to explain yourself and you're giving me garble a 5 year old would deploy.
such is the mind you vote for.
 Remora.Kyron
サーバ: Remora
user: kasain
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-03 22:15:21  
Can we just vite for Ron Paul?
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 22:16:22  
Remora.Kyron said: »
You're free to write in.
 Alexander.Sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2012-10-03 22:16:31  

Ad hominem some more.

Details. Use em.

Just terrible. The lack of any educated, informed, or otherwise useful information reduces this and your last few posts to nothing more than fail grade dribble. Unless you have something constructive to add, just keep quiet and let the grown ups talk.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 22:16:57  

Again. I'm not saying that I agree. I'm saying that it was a criticism four years ago which explains why it isn't out of left field.

Being president is a job. When you apply for any job your "qualifications" are the first thing that are evaluated. I don't think they "distract from the facts."
Sure, it can be listed as a qualification. But it shouldn't be a centerpiece of discussion, which some people (not necessarily the campaigns) make it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 22:17:29  
VERT FER MEH! TEH DETH PANALS!TEH DETH PANALS!

There is a reason I could never do these kind of "debates" because the amount of *** that gets spewed is just overwhelming and I'd have to tell the moderator my opponent is full of ***followed by firing up my powerpoint and going line by line as I ask my opponent to explain X, Y or Z.

Clean Coal? Marketable word, illusory meaning.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 22:17:56  

You can vote for Ben Franklin if you want.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-10-03 22:18:13  
You could, but seeing that he dropped out it would be as a statement only, Gary Johnson shares many of his ideas. You might want to look him up.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-03 22:18:29  

Sure, it can be listed as a qualification. But it shouldn't be a centerpiece of discussion, which some people (not necessarily the campaigns) make it.

Ok. I'll agree. And we can both be thankful that no one has been touting Rmoney's qualifications.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 22:18:51  
Should mention that Gary Johnson is the libertarian candidate if you really do have any interest in voting libertarian. lol.
By Jetackuu 2012-10-03 22:19:10  
sure you can "vite" for any delusional person you want.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25