users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Zirk
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:51:41  
I'm talking at the start of the fight where the RNG tries to fire the first shot, that's the scenario that happens, then you get slept and absorb TP'd. So any kind of RNG burst strategy is done, it is very tough to avoid getting stunned, even if the RNG had sprint and the DRK didn't.
 Siren.Obliterate
サーバ: Siren
user: TBMC
By Siren.Obliterate 2012-11-06 23:59:24  
Speaking as a ballista SAM with experience sekka is EXTREMELY gimped in pvp, almost not even worth using and definately not worth basing an entire strategy around.

The sad fact of ballista 1v1 is unfortunately some jobs are viable and some are not, if you are fighting anyone with high skill or knowledge if your job cannot enfeeble the other player or in some shape or form prevent them from enfeebling you, you will lose(unless of course neither person has any sort of enfeebling).

Don't get me wrong there is plenty of room for creativity and job exclusive skill but it will always be limited by the potential of said job.

RNG/SAM is just a horrible choice and here's why, there is no way for you to stop him from enfeebling you outside of you staying out of range the whole match. /SAM offers you no innate resist traits that are useful(resist blind) and no other defensive ability outside TE. While it may be an offensive powerhouse one sleep, break or bind, and you're done you have no defense what so ever and TE will not save you. Don't get me wrong i'd love to see a rng/sam beat a drk in uncap(haven't yet) and I'm not saying it can't be done it would just be very.... very.... very... unlikely.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-07 00:05:50  
Not sure why anyone would try to fight a drk with rng.
Under his rules he knows your job so assume capped -dt because hes going to counter any glass cannon strategy where someone thinks they can pull out 2 epeen damage ws's and win fast.

Once you pop barrage or shadowbind a drk will stun/break/sleep + probably run away laughing at you for the next minute till your barrage use window expires then have their way with you.
Even if you squeeze off 1 ws, you'll just get slept before you can squeeze off a 2nd one, theyll heal themselves , absorb any TP you managed to gain, then heal themselves with a nice Drain II.

Even if you had a ranged 4 hit build and sleep arrows/bolts, one of those isnt going to land sleep again and probably wake him and give him the opening he needs.
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-07 00:08:03  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Not sure why anyone would try to fight a drk with rng.
Under his rules he knows your job so assume capped -dt because hes going to counter any glass cannon strategy where someone thinks they can pull out 2 epeen damage ws's and win fast.

Once you pop barrage or shadowbind a drk will stun/break/sleep + probably run away laughing at you for the next minute till your barrage use window expires then have their way with you.
Even if you squeeze off 1 ws, you'll just get slept before you can squeeze off a 2nd one, theyll heal themselves , absorb any TP you managed to gain, then heal themselves with a nice Drain II.

Even if you had a ranged 4 hit build and sleep arrows/bolts, one of those isnt going to land sleep again and probably wake him and give him the opening he needs.

You know my job too.

RNG/SAM is a good combination for team.

Just as I use combinations in team don't employ in dueling.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-07 00:09:26  
Urteil for President. Romney would've never had a chance at winning.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-07 00:18:53  
With my death, a new age of interest dawns.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-07 00:22:10  
Just to show I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Ballista. Zirk is running a script like this so I can control Thrunce

input /p 5
wait 1.2
input /p 4
wait 1.2
input /p 3
wait 1.2
input /p 2
wait 1.2
input /p 1
wait 1.2
input /ws "Sidewinder" Thrunce
wait 0.2
wait 0.2

and so on many more times.

Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-07 00:28:33  
K vid should be good now.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-07 00:49:18  
Couldn't you just sprint and pursue. If he ever stopped to do anything, instant WS.

With ranged WS having a longer range now seems pretty feasible.

Also if the Samurai has movement speed + (or ranger) it would work as well.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-07 00:52:40  
Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
K vid should be good now.
k thanks

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Couldn't you just sprint and pursue. If he ever stopped to do anything, instant WS.

With ranged WS having a longer range now seems pretty feasible.

Also if the Samurai has movement speed + (or ranger) it would work as well.
only way that could work is if the rng uses ------ which would be pretty much cheating, cause animation delay roots you
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-07 00:53:19  
Yes because I'm obviously prescribing cheating.

/sarcasm
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-07 00:57:06  
Yes because I'm obviously prescribing cheating.

/sarcasm
i didnt mean you were, i was just answering your question, you could sprint after the end of the ws' animation is complete and eventually catch him, but he will have such a lead that the whole point of using a sekka'd double jishnu becomes pointless.

so in other words to make that work you need to clip the animation through gear change, and gear change isnt viable in ballista.

didnt mean any harm in that statement and i am deeply sorry you took it that way.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-07 00:58:00  
Do NOT discuss cheating software nor even saying the names of the software.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-07 00:59:08  
Wouldn't have as much of a lead as you think, you can sprint too

Perhaps without any movement speed + you could never catch up, but against a target without I feel that it is reasonable to be able to get close enough to fire.

Especially with the increased range on ranged WS.

Also: http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11460/fajin-boots
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-07 01:00:44  
I know the RNG will eventually catch the DRK, but you can't weapon skill until sprint is finished and then SC chance is lost was my point.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-07 01:01:36  
Wouldn't have as much of a lead as you think, you can sprint too

Perhaps without any movement speed + you could never catch up, but against a target without I feel that it is reasonable to be able to get close enough to fire.

Especially with the increased range on ranged WS.

Also: http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11460/fajin-boots
my point is though, sekka pretty much becomes pointless, you're better off not using /sam anymore, because once you catch up the chain has closed, but you can use barrage to get TP back and use another WS without the initial accuracy penalty to begin with and in the end deal more damage and still be safe about it.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-07 01:01:41  
Regardless a chance to "recover" will be lost as in stopping to heal would mean getting blasted.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-07 01:32:51  
Cheating in PvP is for jerkasses.
Stay in school.
Don't do drugs.
Punish evil.

Moving on.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-07 02:59:49  
Are sub jobs locked for all rounds or can Urteil switch between rounds?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-07 03:05:33  
I asked earlier in the thread and they're locked.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-07 03:17:38  
How is sub job selection determined, some of my Ballista LS mates are suggesting plausible strats for jobs other than RDM, but like choice of sub job depends on other person's sub job so you can counter it etc.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-07 03:20:20  
Both players announce their main jobs.
They show up on their complete job.

Come out anon if that tickles your fancy.
I'm not involved in or advocate a revolving door of cheesy asshatery.

The job(s) stay the same.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-07 07:16:23  
looks like your next challenger has a name picked and will be otw to you!

and all this rng talk makes me laugh, its like back in the day "well id do this" "ya well then id ---!!"

ive got 1 word barring the rest if the strats that make any dd save drk basicly locked out, paralyze.

besides that if sleep holds long enough before using other enfeebles, draining int/mnd respective to the enfeebles going out will just maximize the potency, and nothing for a dd is more annoying than that delay while you wait for a paralyze that wont wear
 Siren.Rogers
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Rogers 2012-11-07 08:16:51  
Anyone tried this on PUP? :o
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-11-07 09:56:56  
Well I would enjoy trying on PUP to defeat his DRK but alas...still wont change servers XD It would be fun to attempt though!
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2012-11-07 10:42:05  
Siren.Rogers said: »
Anyone tried this on PUP? :o

I assume the sheer vulnerability of status effects on the Automaton, combined with the high cooldowns (high in comparison to enfeebling cooldowns that is) on Maintenance and Deactivate/Deus Ex Automata is a huge handicap for PUP (vs. DRK at any rate).

I feel like no matter which Automaton frames and attachments are used it's just far too easy to permanently incapacitate the Automaton with Sleep/Break/Silence/etc.. essentially crippling the master.

PUP definitely has quite a few boons in their favor though. For starters, their Automaton frame choice can remain a complete mystery for the opponent until the duel begins, making it difficult to counter through pure -PDT/-MDT/Resist sets beforehand (Though the opponent can of course, take the gear-swap penalty and switch gear accordingly). PUP also has access to quite a few Attachments which are rarely or situationally considered in PvE environments, but actually gain value in PvP circumstances (Replicator, Schurzen, Smoke Screen, etc...). As most know, PUP is also "infamous" for having access to very mage-centric pieces of gear which is nigh useless in PvE, but allows for some unique gear choices in this setting.

... Hrm.. just thinking about it sounds like a lot fun! Maybe a transfer to Phoenix is in order... Not really to win the competition, but to train under Urteil and his LS. Sounds like it could be a real eye-opening experience.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2012-11-07 10:45:53  
Of the many days spent playing 60 cap years and years ago, one of my favorite debuffs (or rather -status effects-) is provoke.

Goes through shadows/stoneskin/what have you. I wonder what the land rate is for an Automaton. Main WAR's had a higher land rate than /WAR's last I knew.
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-11-07 10:52:37  
If the Automaton has the Provoke chip in, it works just as well as WAR.

Using Provoke on the Automaton will make it attack you, nothing else.

on a side note my Automaton's name is Gadget <.< lol!
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2012-11-07 10:56:15  
You're forgetting that provoke forces your target.

Meaning you cannot /ma "self buff" <me> or /ja "Self buff" <me>.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 76 77 78