users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Zirk
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-23 18:04:39  
I actually gave livestreaming a try on Twitch.tv the other day, I was using the trial version of Xsplit. The quality was horrendous, I'm not sure if it was due to using the trial version or if my upload speed isn't good enough to stream in higher quality or if I just butchered the configuration.

If someone knows how to get legit streaming going I could stream it. Upbeat may stream it, they streamed once before but I didn't see how good the quality was.

Alternatively you can make a level 1 mule on Phoenix and run it to Jeuno and watch that way. Maybe we can set a time and myself or someone else can mazurka everyone there and raise any dead.
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-23 18:25:06  
akildas said: »
(insert insult here)

[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-23 18:34:03  
I was doing you a favor.
I have your happiness and best interests in mind, I assure you.

If you keep going around saying things like that, somebody might take you for an idiot.
It would be so . . . tragic.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nibu
user: nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2012-11-23 18:36:57  
Seriously, Urteil, do you even lift?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-23 18:37:10  
I pigeon.

Dabackpack, knows.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-23 18:56:01  
No issues with Urteil at all, but when the SCH's Blizzard 5 landed immediately after Urteil finished casting Blink, I must admit to cheering. So many of his spells got eaten by shadows, I was glad that one landed.

Impressive to watch.

I mean /flame/flame/internettoughguy
 Bismarck.Persimonious
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Persimonious 2012-11-23 19:14:17  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
No issues with Urteil at all, but when the SCH's Blizzard 5 landed immediately after Urteil finished casting Blink, I must admit to cheering. So many of his spells got eaten by shadows, I was glad that one landed.

Impressive to watch.

I mean /flame/flame/internettoughguy

Yeah, I'm enjoying this whole thing. It is fun when either side gets a good hit in.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-11-23 20:04:06  
akildas said: »
blah, blah, blah...

His strat only works vs people? What a silly choice of strategy for player vs player then!

From playing PvP in other games, I find your last point hilarious. The amount of times some (horrible) melee would cry at me for being "cowardly" because I'd just kite them to death... no, no - clearly the skilful thing is to stand there and facetank. Do not confuse cowardice with intelligence.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-11-23 21:08:27  
I honestly despise the whole, run around the person like a monkey so they can't target you, in PVP. I guess I'm just a PVE kind of person!
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-23 21:29:39  
Moving is hard.

I see more "running around like a monkey" during legion Hall of Mul kiting, tbh.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-23 21:36:41  
Bind.
Gravity.
Movement speed.
Melee ranges.
How the camera works.
Basic movement controls.
First person reverse shield blocking.
First person reverse countering.
First person reverse meleeing.

Learn them. Love them. It might save a life. Maybe yours.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-23 21:46:51  
I dislike that function of PvP as well. It isn't that moving is hard, it's that abusing a movement system gives an advantage, when in no other place in the game does it make a difference aside standing location. I'm not going to cry foul, but I do think it's a ***mechanic.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-23 21:48:50  
It is because monsters are robots.

If you played against me, you'd realize that moving around me does for you, very little.
Very, very, very little indeed.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-11-23 23:12:04  
I consider skilful use of movement, distance and terrain to be a rich part of a PvP experience. In terms of melee (vs anything, but in particular vs other melee), your theoretical maximum dps output is modified by your "Time on Target". If one player can reduce the other player's ToT while maintaining their own via circle strafing and such, you can gain a significant advantage... and this is just one facet of movement.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-11-23 23:17:46  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
I consider skilful use of movement, distance and terrain to be a rich part of a PvP experience. In terms of melee (vs anything, but in particular vs other melee), your theoretical maximum dps output is modified by your "Time on Target". If one player can reduce the other player's ToT while maintaining their own via circle strafing and such, you can gain a significant advantage... and this is just one facet of movement.

Yeah I'm aware of its advantages, just think its quite annoying.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Lillica
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-23 23:49:15  
Cerberus.Zigounette said: »
dnc with garuda dagger ....

ho wait DRK get lucky here ^^

a dagger DNC can't use :)

Yeah super lucky.

[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-23 23:56:36  
I don't PVP in XI. I've never been on a server where it's a big thing. I have PVP'd in other games and you're silly if you just stand there and take it or if you kite in straight lines. It's too easy for your opponent to stun you and hit you with something big.

You wouldn't tell a professional fighter to plant his feet and just take the beating, would you?

Noone here would blame a blm or rdm for running circles to keep out of his opponent's damage, would you?

Though I don't play it, one thing I love about XI's PVP is that it doesn't affect PVE.

A lot of what separates good pvp'ers from bad pvp'ers, is the ability to irritate your opponent and cause them to make mistakes. Making them spin in circles contributes to that, on top of direct contribution to your survivability.

Many other games, you hear crying on the forums "OMG, we can't kill a tank <lol nerf aegis>. Sure, the tank can't kill us either, but we can't kill him!!" and suddenly the tank gets nerfed. People complain the healers heal through their damage in 1v1 (though the healer has no chance of killing them either) and the healers get nerfed. Those games also don't just nerf in one aspect, if they gut it for pvp they gut it for PVE too.

(My key problem with XI's PVP is you can't just duel someone wherever/whenever. I would enjoy 'Hey, this nm's not up for 15 minutes now, wanna duel?'

Question for you Urteil, have you ever tried PVP in games like WoW?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-24 00:26:02  
Come to Fenrir!! I wana hit you with my blu!
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-11-24 01:48:56  
I'm more interested in his resist enfeeble build than anything. Hard to find someone to do proper testing with sadly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-24 04:23:37  
All this talk about moving around that can be exploited in pvp...makes me think how much geomancer is gonna suck at this :o
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2012-11-24 07:22:26  
Bismarck.Lillica said: »

:o thats pretty nifty.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-24 11:29:09  
Exploit is such a harsh word.

You mean how moving is useful rather than serving little to no importance anywhere else.

I mean they DID double the melee range.

PvE does affect PvP as the gear required from it is quite useful. Gear that is good for specific events is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE i.e. besieged/campaign gear.

The fact that equipment you get from all spheres of the game operates the same (the fewer exceptions the better) gives consistency to what you are achieving.

It is quite easy to make abilities to different things to humans as opposed to monsters, the idea of PvP ruining PvE and vice versa is a tautological myth. It is quite easy to flag people as a certain status or have the battles take place in certain areas, to allow things to be manipulated. However the less circumstantial manipulation the better.

Atlantica Online does it quite well where by doing quests in PvE you get points to be used in PvP and through PvP you get rewards to go buy more equipment to become a higher level and go into higher divisions. Battle points can be used to buy dungeon passes etc (points earned through pvp), there's a large exp reward on a daily quest, and you can get experience books or gold. There is very little molesting of stats, the armor aspired for is the same, it helps the economy and ties everything together. The crafting economy is driven by both and doing nifty Nation/Guild dungeons might give you a chance at something great to boost not only your ability to craft/grind/achieve a higher level but to compete in Free League. Conversely good performance in free league allows you to actually level up faster/better/do more ind. Dungeons etc etc.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-24 12:41:11  
I laugh that anyone can call it exploits. It's not exploiting or cheating. Telling someone to stand in front of a sword/board paladin is like telling someone to stand in front of a counterstance'd monk. Any good pvper (which that paladin may have been, or may have become) knows the general weaknesses of their class.

Urteil looks a lot like he's playing a high armor mage (not being sarcastic) and he makes it work extremely well. It's fun to watch his fights (I really enjoyed watching you vs the SCH. At one point, they went..

SCH Aspir while Urteil Aspir II'd.
SCH Aspir II'd while Urteil Aspired.
back to back.

I got a good laugh out of it.
 Bismarck.Greezy
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2012-11-24 12:51:11  
"helped" in the order in which you are received.

[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-24 13:14:42  
Get over yourselves, it was just a word, my point is that geomancer is likely(by informations given)the one screwed the most by players' mobility. I don't care if you run around or why.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 76 77 78