100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Zirk
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:18:01  
Fenrir.Curty said: »
Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
As a side note, lol at everyone trying to relate PvE proficiency with PvP proficiency. I've dedicated my FFXI career to playing 60 cap Ballista (PvP). Urteil is still brainwashed by PvE, as are almost everyone else posting on these forums. Urteil puts a lot of time into his PvP, but that doesn't change the fact he is predominantly a PvE player, and that will be his downfall.

You're an idiot if you think that someone can't play PvE and PvP optimally, and to hint that a decent ballistar would draw negative qualities from playing PvE is just rediculous.

I never said anything close to what you are implying.

People here are poking fun at me cause I'm not good at getting merits. To judge my PvP ability based on that truly is stupid.

And as far as playing PvE and PvP OPTIMALLY, that truly is impossible. The best 60 cap Ballista players play are Carbuncle, most of them are JP, and most of them have been playing Ballista exclusively since 2004. They take Ballista VERY seriously, it's like a religion to them. These players are so ridiculously good, anyone outside of the rigorous 60 cap Ballista community won't even be able to comprehend most of what they are doing and appreciate their level of skill.

Anyone who becomes truly great at anything, like becoming the best, dedicates their life to that endeavor. There are many, many skills used in Ballista that are seen no where else in FFXI. It takes many years of playing every day to master those skills. I haven't even come close to being a 60 cap Ballista master yet.

That being said, the following for 1v1 PvP isn't anywhere as close to the following of 60 cap Ballista. Since it falls in the realm of PvP, I would favor the player dedicated to Ballista as opposed to PvE.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:19:44  
The people who play uncapped Ballista are laughable in skill compared to the top 60 cap players. Uncapped Ballista doesn't have nearly the following 60 cap does, much more effort has gone into perfecting play and strategy within the 60 cap community.

Do uncapped players even play hako?
By Avitori 2012-11-27 14:24:41  
As a side note, lol at everyone trying to relate PvE proficiency with PvP proficiency. I've dedicated my FFXI career to playing 60 cap Ballista (PvP). Urteil is still brainwashed by PvE, as are almost everyone else posting on these forums. Urteil puts a lot of time into his PvP, but that doesn't change the fact he is predominantly a PvE player, and that will be his downfall.

You're an idiot if you think that someone can't play PvE and PvP optimally, and to hint that a decent ballistar would draw negative qualities from playing PvE is just rediculous.

People here are poking fun at me cause I'm not good at getting merits. To judge my PvP ability based on that truly is stupid.

And as far as playing PvE and PvP OPTIMALLY, that truly is impossible. The best 60 cap Ballista players play are Carbuncle, most of them are JP, and most of them have been playing Ballista exclusively since 2004. They take Ballista VERY seriously, it's like a religion to them. These players are so ridiculously good, anyone outside of the rigorous 60 cap Ballista community won't even be able to comprehend most of what they are doing and appreciate their level of skill.

Anyone who becomes truly great at anything, like becoming the best, dedicates their life to that endeavor. There are many, many skills used in Ballista that are seen no where else in FFXI. It takes many years of playing every day to master those skills. I haven't even come close to being a 60 cap Ballista master yet.

That being said, the following for 1v1 PvP isn't anywhere as close to the following of 60 cap Ballista. Since it falls in the realm of PvP, I would favor the player dedicated to Ballista as opposed to PvE.

I have a feeling you are gimp trash. Help with merits? Dedicating life to pvp? Are you serious? lmao
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-27 14:25:15  
The more you post, the lower my opinion of you goes.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-11-27 14:26:30  
Cool story bro.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:27:38  
That's fine I don't expect PvE'ers to understand what PvP'ers are about.
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-27 14:28:39  
Urteil is still brainwashed by PvE, as are almost everyone else posting on these forums. Urteil puts a lot of time into his PvP, but that doesn't change the fact he is predominantly a PvE player, and that will be his downfall.

Do you speak English?

These players are so ridiculously good, anyone outside of the rigorous 60 cap Ballista community won't even be able to comprehend most of what they are doing and appreciate their level of skill. It takes many years of playing every day to master those skills. I haven't even come close to being a 60 cap Ballista master yet.

Also, you really need to stop acting like 60 cap ballista is so complex. Anyone versed in ballista could pick up on your strategies within a week of play time tops. I agree that new strategies can be developed and mastered, but when it comes down to it... the game just isn't complex enough to act like you gain anything legitimate from doing the same thing over and over again. Making comparisons to skills outside the game that require continual practice to master is just silly.
By Avitori 2012-11-27 14:29:47  

I played ballista exclusively when the cap was 75, and probably have played more ballista than you.

Mr. Wise guy
 Bismarck.Yamisam
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2012-11-27 14:29:56  
What you're failing to realize is that when you fight him,you're going to be fighting UNCAPPED,which is Urteil's domain. 60 cap tactics aren't going to work in that arena.

And for the record,I'm not poking fun at you at all. And I know you haven't said that I am. But I'm a guy who enjoys PVP and PVE and there's nothing wrong with either of them. I have no doubts that you're awesome at 60 capped PVP.

But the one thing I'm curious about... When did getting merits become hard?
 Bismarck.Nesteron
user: nesteron
By Bismarck.Nesteron 2012-11-27 14:32:04  

I played mostly PVP on my old account on Seraph, back in the hay-day when everyone and their mother did it around 2003-2004. But what you are failing to realize is that while your expertise is in 60 cap Ballista, you are challenging Urteil to.... wait for it.... UNCAPPED PVP, there are a whole different set of rules and strategies for that than 60 cap.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:32:49  
I'm not going to get into an in depth argument with someone outside the Carbuncle 60 cap community because they really don't know what they are talking about.

If you were well versed in basketball and played for a week with the players in the NBA would you get as good as them?
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:33:43  
Woops people posted while I was posting, I was responding to Curty
By Avitori 2012-11-27 14:34:33  
I'm not going to get into an in depth argument with someone outside the Carbuncle 60 cap community because they really don't know what they are talking about.

If you were well versed in basketball and played for a week with the players in the NBA would you get as good as them?

Comparing 60 cap PvP to the NBA? What?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:35:20  
I played uncapped Ballista before I played 60 cap Ballista, I know what's possible and what isn't in an uncapped 1v1 PvP match.

Team Ballista is way, wayyy more complex than 1v1, it isn't that hard to zero in on good 1v1 uncapped strategies.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:36:16  
If you tried to challenge the top 60 cap Ballista players in 60 cap, the difference in skill is going to be huge, like comparing an amateur basketball player to someone in the NBA.

The match would be a shut-out.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 14:37:04  
The main underlying reason I play or do anything is PvP.
It is my greatest love in this game.
Well aside from my friends.

I strive however, to be perfect at both.

A friend once mentioned Miyamoto Musashi, it was a good read, I think you would enjoy it like I did, and understand what it is about.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-27 14:37:10  
Yeah, you're such a genius no one will ever be able to understand. Get over yourself, you don't know, I'd say 98% of the FFXI community at least yet you claim that no one is able to know this or that. Just cause people think you're full of it, that doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

edit: at Zirk.
 Hades.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Hades
user: Rooks
By Hades.Rooks 2012-11-27 14:37:48  
This whole page has read like an overly wordy "You don't even lift, brah."
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:37:52  
To prove my point, if I win Urteil's 50 mil, I'm going to host my own 50 mil challenge, where you play team 60 cap Ballista, 3-4 players, vs the players from my 60 cap Ballista linkshell, then you will be able to see what I'm talking about.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 14:38:22  
Why don't you just defend it yourself.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-27 14:39:19  
I'm not going to get into an in depth argument with someone outside the Carbuncle 60 cap community because they really don't know what they are talking about. If you were well versed in basketball and played for a week with the players in the NBA would you get as good as them?

Think I have concluded that you have some disability that prevents you from either reading or rationalization. I just said 60 cap ballista is not a complex skill. You are pushing buttons (and not very quickly I may add compared to other "skillfull" video games). Comparing the skillset of pushing buttons slowly to playing basketball... dumb.
 Bismarck.Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2012-11-27 14:40:24  
It isn't hard to grasp the concept of any strategy. Just because you are good in one area doesn't mean someone from an entirely different area can't just come in and mud stomp you. And I know it can work the other way around. But just b/c you're "superior in 60 cap PVP" doesn't mean you're any better than a PVE player. Since we're throwing sports analogies in here... Look at the New England Patriots. They were deemed unbeatable until the New York Giants beat them.(Not once,but twice!)
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:41:04  
Alright I'm done talking about this now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-27 14:41:44  
Aw, I made Zirk sad :(
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 14:41:46  
The difference that exists.

Is that you assume I know nothing, and that I am weak, and impotent.
I assume you are a living God, and I have been preparing as such.

I assure you however. Everything you do. Every strategy you mention. I could easily ascertain and understand.

You assuming I am some fool. Will be your downfall.
That is the last bit of advice I will give to you.

======
That aside, please show Zirk some respect. He is afterall, going to show up. Which is more than can be said for nearly everyone.

This is my thread please practice decency.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-27 14:44:13  
Also anytime you want to send 3 players over to Fenrir, I can pitt you against a team that yes, won't beat you immediatly because we havn't had a serious 60 cap in years. Give us a couple matches and guarantee we will give you a run for your money.
 Bismarck.Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2012-11-27 14:44:28  
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful of anyone if it seemed I was. I do apologize to you both.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-27 14:45:36  
This thread got stupid quick.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 14:45:55  
I am not directing my comments at anyone in particular.

The man is going to fight me. He is doing in reality, what most are vicariously.
 Bismarck.Nesteron
user: nesteron
By Bismarck.Nesteron 2012-11-27 14:46:33  
If I seemed disrespectful, that was not my purpose, was simply stating there was a huge difference in 60 cap vs uncapped, and I do apologize.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 76 77 78