users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Zirk
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-28 18:20:18  
It's still not a month longer than you promised, you said one or two months in the original post.

But anyways it's Urteil's challenge he can do what he wants, I'll have to kick it into high gear with the merits.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-28 18:22:44  
For the record he did say this a while back so I didn't think the tentative dates I mentioned were too extreme

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Due to the response of many from various facets, there are no plans to close this challenge in the near future.

It will be reconsidered late December.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-28 18:26:19  
I'll bet Avesta can solo Urteil!

Someone fire up the Avesta signal!!!!!!
 Odin.Warusha
サーバ: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2012-11-28 18:35:17  
@Zirk-I hardly think the dates matter at this point honestly. You're obviously not interested in the challenge for the gil reward, because you could have easily earned 50M on the game instead of all the effort you've put into this new character in the mean time. Why don't you just take all the time you need to prepare so you have no excuses like lack of gear/merits if you do lose?
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-11-28 18:37:21  
Zirk, you arn't going to xfer anything to fight urteil to begin with. And if you do, you arn't going to win.
I'll add on another 10M if you come over here and win before urteil closes it.

Or just stay over there on your server and forever be known as a coward with a big mouth like syto.
Well... At least syto was on the same server when he said he could beat urteil.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-28 18:39:06  
Zirk... your posts have token a toll on my health.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-28 18:42:06  
So I guess we will be setting the fight night for Friday, December 7.

I don't get off work until around 7:00 PM PST on Friday, how does the 9:00 PM PST Diorama reservation sound? That should give everyone enough time to get logged on and ready to go.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-28 18:43:39  
Urteil edited his post that I was referring to, he originally said he had left the challenge open for 3 months, 1 month longer than he promised, I was just correcting him.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2012-11-28 18:44:11  
someone record prz, I work! D;
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-28 18:46:30  
I will be recording the fight and putting it on YouTube. Upbeat may be live streaming it, they haven't replied in awhile to this thread so I don't know if they will.
By Raborn 2012-11-28 18:50:46  

If you catch my drift.
 Bismarck.Lillica
サーバ: Bismarck
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-28 18:59:55  
So on December 7th you are going to move to his server, launching an attack that you seem to think will catch him somehow unawares.

History seems to be repeating itself, 71 years after the fact.

That attack was initially successful, maybe you will be too.

Keep in mind the response to that attack however, just in case you do succeed in the first match.

Ka-***-boom.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-28 19:01:03  
I'd also like to raise another point. There is a lot of strategy and planning involved in challenging Urteil. You have to figure out all the things that both you and him could possibly be doing, different gear you/him could be wearing, etc.

Even if I wasn't making a mule, two months is still a reasonable amount of time to get ready to challenge him, he is after all, the best.

Running in head first to challenge Urteil without serious preparation, which includes lots of practice fights, is a guaranteed way to get your *** handed to you. Urteil obtained all of his gear and did all of his training before he offered the challenge, and he probably spent years getting to the point he is currently at.

Challengers get two months, although most challengers didn't use the full two months, and as I mentioned above, got their *** handed to them. I am making full use of the full two months, with preparing a mule thrown in.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-28 19:07:27  
Patience doesn't seem to be a virtue dropped in sea.

That's why Urteil has none.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-11-28 19:17:11  
Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
I'd also like to raise another point. There is a lot of strategy and planning involved in challenging Urteil. You have to figure out all the things that both you and him could possibly be doing, different gear you/him could be wearing, etc.

Even if I wasn't making a mule, two months is still a reasonable amount of time to get ready to challenge him, he is after all, the best.

Running in head first to challenge Urteil without serious preparation, which includes lots of practice fights, is a guaranteed way to get your *** handed to you. Urteil obtained all of his gear and did all of his training before he offered the challenge, and he probably spent years getting to the point he is currently at.

Challengers get two months, although most challengers didn't use the full two months, and as I mentioned above, got their *** handed to them. I am making full use of the full two months, with preparing a mule thrown in.

Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-28 19:22:30  
Lye said: »
Patience doesn't seem to be a virtue dropped in sea.

That's why Urteil has none.

At the rate this foolishness is taking you'd have wanted me to swallow the entire ocean.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 19:25:15  
Bismarck.Lillica said: »
So on December 7th you are going to move to his server, launching an attack that you seem to think will catch him somehow unawares.

History seems to be repeating itself, 71 years after the fact.

That attack was initially successful, maybe you will be too.

Keep in mind the response to that attack however, just in case you do succeed in the first match.

Ka-***-boom.

I [+] 1'd it, but I sure felt bad after. Terrible Lili!
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-28 19:29:08  
So can we agree upon the Friday Dec 7th 9:00 PM PST start time?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-28 19:35:42  

This is quite long, as such I expect few to read it. Ignore it if you please. You could also take into consideration that I have put this all into one post and not an argument spanning 10 pages.

================================================================

Your flattery gets you nowhere. I have humored you for at least 20 pages now, acting the fool. On occasion, I defended you. Despite the insulting things you have said, and the offensive nature of your approach towards me in general.

You have made your bed and now you will lie in it and suffocate.

This challenge was not made for "people to have two months to prepare and face me". I was not made for people who hardly play the game and want to make a "mule" to fight the character that I have passionately raised up, lovingly attended to and worked on for a long time.

The challenge was made for people who share the same passion and to illuminate the deep system for conflict and to dispel the idea that people can write off their responsibility to back up their egos.

The challenge was made for people who passionately pushed their characters to the limit, through exploring all the game had to offer, to bring a combination of skill + gear. Who strove to gain the most powerful relics the world over and items of Final Fantasy myth.

Are you really stupid enough to believe that I am brain washed by PvE? Do you understand how anyone, even people who HATE me would mock and jeer such a silly notion.

You have consistently boasted for over 20 pages (this is being generous) in ways that I never have. Even if you wanted to compare them I ask you a question directly, as my gentleman-lay nature is wearing thin:

Who are you?

Honestly at this point, in fighting you, I feel little to no glory can be obtained.

===================

Here is what is going to happen:

In my original post before you came in here around page 20 or something and started talking about . . .stuff. I had said 1-2 months. I have not, in a single instance, failed to do something I have said I was going to do.

I have fought everybody who has faced me, and many of them mention that guy in that thread, and wanted no part in recording or being recorded.

Some of them were bad, but some of them were also good.

When others mocked you for what they took for obvious incompetence, I still gave you the benefit of the doubt, and defended you again.

=====================
You are going to transfer today, so tonight and tomorrow, I can spoon-feed you your merits.

You said you would be truly ready, you said you were coming today, every instance is some sort of stipulation or practice to stall the time.

Even the "PvE" community makes fun of getting merits. It is baseless grinding, there is no value in it, it is the easiest most repetitive activity the world over. I will finish for you in a day or two what it shouldn't have taken you a day or two to do, not a month. After I finish cleaving a million crabs.
=======================

I will keep the competition open if more interest is garnered. One man perpetually talking about transferring is not "interest". There are many instances of this on the pages before you came in:

That Obama guy.
Curty.
Kintexwhatever.
Some other jackass.
Jackass #2
Jackass #3
Etc.

You can easily find them, as it currently stands - at least they had "main" characters and "existed".

And you know Avesta does have a good chance at "soloing" me, he was a real *** person!

=======================
You would have had infinite time if you hadn't been in here, and in your own words, "Muhammad Ali'ing" it. I find it trite and unbecoming. However this is the frame you constructed, the sheets you washed, and the pillow you stuffed with boasting.

See you tonight for some late night meriting - Oh, and you had better tuck yourself in tight, because you are in for a wild *** ride.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-28 19:36:45  
So can we agree upon the Friday Dec 7th 9:00 PM PST start time?
I expect you here today, and when I am not helping you to be grinding constantly.

When and if you transfer a time will be decided.

When are aren't both busy. You come over here and I'll start to pencil you in on my schedule.

Also, obviously I edited my post on the previous page. In the post put *Edit, and then replied to you directly that I did.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-11-28 19:42:18  
urteil you are such a sweettalker kinda miss all the "test your might" shouts on cerb
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-28 19:43:49  

I appreciate your (Urteil's) ability to consistently kill people 1 on 1, but all I can think of is The End of the World....of Warcraft basement scene from South Park based on the last comment.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 19:44:44  

I'm not a fan of your general style, but sir, that was pretty awesome lol. I think though the best bet anybody would have against you, would be an unconventional blu build. I think rdm is gonna get trashed.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-28 19:45:59  
I thought you might be one of my larger ones. In all sincerity.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-11-28 19:46:31  
i honestly think it would take a brew
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-28 19:47:01  
I thought BLU had a pretty good chance too but there was no way I could get one ready in two months.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 19:49:43  
I thought you might be one of my larger ones. In all sincerity.

I still think my silly *** blu, could give ya a run for your money, but unfortunately blu has to basically try to kill you the same way every time. It would get a bit predictable, but I think it would get the job done.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-28 19:50:43  
I meant. A fan. You were.

What about it is displeasing.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-11-28 19:51:22  
land mortal ray and run for your life!
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 19:54:58  
I meant. A fan. You were.

What about it is displeasing.

Are you asking my opinion of your general style ya mean? Not that this is a dig at you personally, but ya come off as tryin too hard to be the bad guy. The overzealous drk nobody can touch. Idk if you're just RP'ing a persona though. Kudos if you are though lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 76 77 78