フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 76 77 78
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 00:05:19  
It's not terribly difficult to verify if they actually own the weapon. As far as armor, none of the stuff you can get for free on the test server takes more than an hour to get, so I'm not sure why they'd bother, and a lot of it isn't very relevant to PvP to begin with.

In the end it's far more reasonable to go to the test server and fight them there, maybe verify if they actually own that whatever weapon you're worried about before qualifying them for bragging rights or whatever if you're that worried about it, than asking everyone to pay $25 just to go and fight you in Ballista. They'd obviously be forfeiting the reward by doing so, but you'd still end up with more challengers this way.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-12-03 00:05:54  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
The test server allows you to gain equipment and weapons in a way that is not standard across every other server.

If I was going to challenge an enemy I would not expect it to be with anything other than what I legitimately earned.

That perfectly falls under what Ejiin said exactly, actually. People don't want to server hop and you want your item advantage.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-03 00:08:08  
I posted a screenshot of me having already transferred to Phoenix on Wednesday, so there is no backing out now.

I got 100 merits today in random pick up parties, Miiu was actually in a worms party with me I don't know if they noticed I was there.

Urteil and I had plans to do some more cleave merits later tonight but he already helped DD a bit in worms party and then went out to three back to back LS events so I'm not sure if he's going to be too burnt out for cleaving tonight.
 Phoenix.Miiu
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Miiu 2012-12-03 00:11:26  
Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
I posted a screenshot of me having already transferred to Phoenix on Wednesday, so there is no backing out now.

I got 100 merits today in random pick up parties, Miiu was actually in a worms party with me I don't know if they noticed I was there.

Urteil and I had plans to do some more cleave merits later tonight but he already helped DD a bit in worms party and then went out to three back to back LS events so I'm not sure if he's going to be too burnt out for cleaving tonight.

I did notice! You were in that damn party for many, many hours.

Sorry I bailed on the dying Aby party :p (not that i was really helping anyway...)
 Phoenix.Cliamain
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2012-12-03 00:11:43  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
The test server is not a legitimate server. I will not fight there. If there was a cross server method, sure. But it is a test server, I refuse.

Then enjoy fighting the under prepared, under motivated handful of people over and over. You're just as much a chicken not willing to fight on the test server as everyone else that's not willing to jump to your server.

Then why would these type of people ever be willing or trying to get into this contest.

Chicken by far not even, Judgement has been passed on many of higer teir than himself.

If i were in the running to be a contestant i wouldn't want to fight on a server where people are given things on a whim. I'd want to fight someone that has put about as much time/effort into the character as i have.
 Sylph.Ashiya
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2012-12-03 00:11:55  
To zirk: Ahhh I see, I see... lol I'd be burnt out from it. My dosage of this game isn't like it use to be when it first came out lol So I can only handle soo much.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-03 00:14:25  
The test server is not a legitimate server. I will not fight there. If there was a cross server method, sure. But it is a test server, I refuse.

There are no worthy challengers.
This is just as much an excuse as those you've attributed to others. Unless there's some kind of PVP glitch on the test server I dunno about that would make fair PVP impossible.

As for things that are in testing, new SP2 etc, well, you're making the rules, no? Outlaw the use of anything that hasn't been applied to the real servers. Test server Relics/mythics? Require that any gear they use must be visible in their FFXIAH.com equip history.

As for the gil, well, I couldn't care less. But your challenger could transfer a mule to pick up said reward After they actually won. Rather than blowing $25 just to try.

I think very few people are as obsessed as you are with PVP. The fact the people aren't coming out in hordes to fight doesn't mean that everyone's a coward/incompetent. It means you just aren't that important.

Very few players would be willing to blow 25$ and abandon their in-game friends and linkshell for 3 months just to fight you.

But the test server removes that limitation. If you truly desire challengers it's your best bet at getting experienced and competent players willing to fight you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miiu
By Phoenix.Miiu 2012-12-03 00:14:55  
I have a complaint about Urteil.

In the party earlier he said like 3 things and then I disconnected, leading me to believe that he has superhuman hulk powers that can control the internet

Also that he won't give me gil even though we're totally friendsies.
..Right?
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 00:18:36  
It isn't your character. The character. The single entity you cultivated the testament to what you've done.

I want people to have the advantages they earned and gained. If the test server didn't just hand items out, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It does and is incredibly artificial.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-03 00:19:42  
You could still fight on the test server outside 'the contest'. I think 50 mil and "glory" probably won't tempt or justify a server transfer for a lot of prospective opponents. Regardless, you don't see anyone else offering 50 mil to a challenger so whatever.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-03 00:20:26  
You can verify that they DID earn every piece of gear they fight you with. Just check their AH profiles.

And it IS your character. It's an exact copy of the data. That series of ones and zeroes we've all poured so many years into.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shaay
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2012-12-03 00:21:15  
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 00:22:11  
It isn't your character. The character. The single entity you cultivated the testament to what you've done.

I want people to have the advantages they earned and gained. If the test server didn't just hand items out, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It does and is incredibly artificial.

There are ways to circumvent the handing out of items though... that's the point. I built my BLU from the ground up on real servers and put it over on the test server to look at new things and see how they work, does that make my test server BLU worthless just because of the server it's on? Maybe if I started running around with a 99 Tizona saying it was mine you'd have a point, but it would be very easy to see that I do not own a Tizona.

Even if I was heavily into Ballista, I would find it very difficult to justify spending anything on a transfer just for a one-off fight, let alone leaving my friends, linkshell, and other engagements behind for several months. Nothing wrong with those who do and have done it, however it is not for the majority of people who may be interested in challenging you.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 00:23:32  
I don't want to have to police everyone's equipment. I want to fight people in the same standard environment that I have had access to.

You could hide your AH profile, and I'd have no recourse but to say "Uh I don't believe you."
Followed by an "lol, you scared?"

I don't want to police profiles, or have to go through some elaborate process for a challenger to make everything visible etc.

Show up, fight, and move on.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-12-03 00:24:57  
You realize the test server only gives out TotM gear and very little extra, right? Just about everything you'd have to get yourself.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 00:25:12  
So don't accept challenges from people without relics, emps, and mythics on their FFXIAH profile. Simple?

You only have to click their name when they post in this thread to verify that they want to fight you. It's not very difficult. If you're really concerned with people getting rings that cost <1m for free then that's your deal, but there's really nothing on the test server, other than the weapon sets previously mentioned, that you can get for free that will lead to an immense advantage, or cost an immense amount of time or caretaking of your character in order to obtain naturally.

If I went onto the test server and geared myself up only with what's available to me there, made the moogle lvl me to 99, and threw in random merits, I'd be at an incredibly severe disadvantage. I wouldn't be able to just run to the AH and buy myself some resist gear either... there's nothing on there.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-03 00:29:19  
I thought you were kinda getting the "lol, scared?" response already.

Make having a visible profile a requirement. And that anything a challenger wishes to use must have been scanned to it.

If it's too much trouble to check a gear set before each round, and run a search on their profiles... Well, then you don't really want to fight very much.

It's a minimal effort to open the doors to every player that doesn't want to give up their FFXI home just to try your challenge.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 00:29:52  
Moogle slip #14.
Test server, is ***.

The test server cheapens the facet of MMO progression. This is a contest of both skill and your history in game.

When these mythological "best" people materialize as opposed to the "scrubs" I've been fighting come forth, I'll be there to face them too.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-12-03 00:31:52  
Pretty sure people already have had neo-nyzul gear for a long time.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 00:35:48  
Most people don't even know that you can use moogle slips to get the things on them even if it actually mattered
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 00:38:01  
They do know, and it does.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-03 00:40:16  
Moogle slip #14.
Test server, is ***.
I thought this had already been addressed?

Is there a problem with using the test server for PVP purposes, Aside from the acquisition of unearned gear?(That we already established you can verify and refuse those who try to use said test server acquired gear.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 00:42:38  
If there was some inter-world circuit sure. It is a test server with artificial ways to produce equipment, that would have to be policed and monitored by me, and it isn't my responsibility. Even with the utmost care and detail I wouldn't be able to check /everything/.

Also if somebody loses on the test server the legitimacy of the gear in question, the characters, even under development mechanics can always be under question.

By not fighting there I am removing an excuse for myself, because when I lose, I got my *** kicked, and there were no shenanigans. It happened real-time, official-server, I have no recourse.

And officially for the record: most of you are cowards and/or incompetent.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-03 01:02:57  
Some info about test server:

You can basically get everything you'd ever want for your character there except for stuff off the AH. All empy gear, all neo nyzul isle gear, all neo einherjar gear, ogier set, rubeus set, athos set, any trial weapon (not just relics etc).

You can also adjust your merits to perfectly counter your opponents job at will, that can't be policed.

Also there are things that DO NOT work on the test server that do work on the regular servers. For example, as a 60 cap player, we've done some 60 cap stuff on the test server. However for some reason, level syncing was bugged. If you are level 99 and sync down to 60 in the Ballista match, all your STR stats and gear etc scale properly, but all your defense stats like evasion skill stay at level 99. As a result anyone who had synced down to 60 from 99 basically had capped evasion and couldn't be touched. I'm not sure if this got ninja fixed, but there could be all kinds of other undiscovered bugs on the test server no one knows about yet.

On a lesser extent, other things don't work on test server like the recast plugin. Now, not getting into the whole third party tool debate here, but I would assume for most players, using the recast plugin is common practice on regular servers, but would be blocked on test server.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-03 01:04:23  

There we are. There's the "trying too hard to be the bad guy" I thought you were all about... Guess I was right lol. This thread has been less than entertaining lately :(. I thought there would be some updates in the last..idk 5 pages or so :(. Guess I'm just gonna stop following this crap.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-03 01:06:07  
You can't search ~16 slots x 3 rounds? There's no gear swapping mid match, right? And for a lot of gear, why even search it? If it augmented,like quest rewards(status resist, pdt earring etc. Not Relic+2/porter gear) then you don't even need to search it. If it's trash gear, who cares if they got it on the test server or not. It's not gonna let 'em win, right?

You really only need to police high tier gear and relic/mythic/emp. And the weapons at least take a single clink on the player name and a glance at the relics section on their profile home page.

Well, again. If this is too much work for you, then you don't really wanna fight people that badly. Despite the accusations of cowardice and unworthiness being thrown around. You are failing to step up to the plate to do what you claim to want to.

Unless I misunderstood something? I haven't poured over this thread or anything. But my impression was that you wish to fight the best/most skilled players then win, no?

So you, the one who wants these fights, needs to make it possible AND worthwhile for people to do so. Gil is a nice incentive and all, but I'd lose waaaay more than 50mil from missing 3 months of linkshell ADL. I suspect many high end players are much the same.

It could be worth it just for the fun/challenge factor. I think you'd get plenty of fights even without a gil reward, just by not making people abandon their home servers to try. But now I'm repeating myself.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shaay
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2012-12-03 01:07:35  
If there was some inter-world circuit sure. It is a test server with artificial ways to produce equipment, that would have to be policed and monitored by me, and it isn't my responsibility. Even with the utmost care and detail I wouldn't be able to check /everything/.

Also if somebody loses on the test server the legitimacy of the gear in question, the characters, even under development mechanics can always be under question.

By not fighting there I am removing an excuse for myself, because when I lose, I got my *** kicked, and there were no shenanigans. It happened real-time, official-server, I have no recourse.

Would find you more convincing if you didn't edit your own post so many times D:
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 01:08:02  
You can swap gear all you please, it can be beneficial mid match if used correctly.

Don't be entertained and leave.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 76 77 78