フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 76 77 78
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 01:18:35  
Hopefully all the riff-raff got their feelings hurt and left.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-03 01:21:17  
I'll say this: you can expect a challenge on the test server. A gil reward is silly though. It's a fight for the sake of a fight, and nothing more.
 Ragnarok.Shaay
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2012-12-03 01:22:39  
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 01:31:03  
Change the thread title to 100,000,000g Bounty.
Via a mod please.

I think I'm somewhere near the plate.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-03 01:33:02  
I personally thought the having to transfer to Urteil's server added extra intensity to challenging him. It adds an epicness to the story if you defeated him, to have traveled the path that many speculated about, that few attempted, but only one succeeded, and to have the confidence that the journey wouldn't be in vain.

Plus it filters out the slackers and people who aren't serious. Urteil would probably get more challenges on the test server than he had time to accept. I thought it was cool you had to travel to the dark knight's keep and rattle on the large wooden doors to accept the challenge before proceeding to the arena.
[+]
 Shiva.Damonz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-12-03 01:46:03  
I fail to see how opening the fights up to the test server would encourage the best of the best to come fight. The more likely scenario is that more and more common gutter rats are going to show up and "play".
[+]
By Cayoda 2012-12-03 01:46:31  
The test server idea is folly for anyone who wants true victory. Despite any amount of monitoring, the victor's success would ALWAYS be questioned. by the opponent as much as the spectators

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

There are no worthy challengers.

This is ridiculous. I know you're good Urteil, but there are players who have put just as much time and effort into gear/skill/strategy as you.

It is not your fault, but SE made server transfers a pain in the ***. Paying fifty dollars and three months of play time in a depleting game is simply not worth it to most people

However, I am considering the transfer. if nothing else because XI really holds no other thrill for me anymore. bring on a realm reborn

Edit: If i do, don't need or want your money
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-12-03 01:52:26  
the hell happened in here? lol
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2012-12-03 02:11:59  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
the hell happened in here? lol

Your avatar is an exact replica of my face while reading this thread
[+]
By Himsaa 2012-12-03 02:49:39  
I don't even play this game anymore but still lurk and this thread legitimately gave me cancer. My favorite part is the condescending tone OP gives off with his remarks and impeccable grammar skills. I'm not going to scan all 56 pages to see if someone said it already, but congratulations, you are good at spending 2/3 of your day at your computer desk. Believe me, I did it for 7 years, I know how it is, but I didn't stroke my own *** over every shiny new piece of gear.

OP you might be cool, you're probably good, but what could be so bad in your real life that you have to satisfy it in your virtual one?
Friends, let this thread die.

tl;dr I'm a loser
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 02:54:12  
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Sakuhra 2012-12-03 03:02:57  
Ragnarok.Shaay said: »
pvp on test server already, all this "i dont want to pvp on test server" is getting lame
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 03:05:37  
Sakuhra said: »
pvp on test server already, all this "i dont want to pvp on test server" is getting lame

Where's your 100,000,000g challenge?
Piss off.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vyrr
user: Junsun
By Phoenix.Vyrr 2012-12-03 03:08:06  
Asura.Deadwing said: »

Same name? If so when are you going to show up in search? I want to watch you die.
By Sakuhra 2012-12-03 03:09:14  
im sure there would be many good player with "real" gear who would be a challenging pvp (and you are looking for a challenge arent you?) who would fight you for 0gil on test server...
 Asura.Rucks
サーバ: Asura
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2012-12-03 04:15:30  
Asura.Deadwing said: »
Kid calls to me one day, asks for an Überkuchen, I know what he's planning, but I don't talk him out of it.

Kid doesn't know what's in store for him.

Kid's in for a surprise.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-03 04:44:39  
Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
If I felt my gear was going to be too much of a hindrance I would not have gone the mule route.

The winner of the fight is going to come down to who has the better strategy and who executes it better.

Call me crazy but unless you have some crazy bat-out-of-hell strategy I've never even fathomed, the gear advantage seems incredibly hard to overcome.

Urtiel uses enfeebles to great effect, and not having the full complement of resist gear seems well-nigh suicidal i.e. break->cata.

Beyond that, the fact that he has 12% movement speed that you don't have on a job that can make excellent use of closing the distance seems like too high of a hurdle to overcome.

I'm the last person to say you can't do it, but damned if I understand how you plan to manage it.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-03 04:47:01  
Himsaa said: »
I don't even play this game anymore but still lurk and this thread legitimately gave me cancer. My favorite part is the condescending tone OP gives off with his remarks and impeccable grammar skills. I'm not going to scan all 56 pages to see if someone said it already, but congratulations, you are good at spending 2/3 of your day at your computer desk. Believe me, I did it for 7 years, I know how it is, but I didn't stroke my own *** over every shiny new piece of gear.

OP you might be cool, you're probably good, but what could be so bad in your real life that you have to satisfy it in your virtual one?
Friends, let this thread die.

tl;dr I'm a loser

All right, I can agree that Urtiel can come off as abrasive(so can you, and so can I), but what on earth is condescending about using impeccable grammar?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 05:37:36  
Tee hee, I never saw that video of Chomey getting his butt kicked. Got a laugh.

About the previous discussion, I honestly always thought it is quite unreasonable to expect people to pay that much REAL money(cause remember it's a big deal for many) for a match in pvp(that will also leave you stranded for 3 months away from friends). I'm surprised even 3-4 people did it.
By Aeyela 2012-12-03 05:44:36  
Himsaa said: »
My favorite part is the condescending tone OP gives off with his remarks and impeccable grammar skills.

Rather, old chap. A basic education does often leave one open to itemised insults regarding the superior linguistic skills one's developed.
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-12-03 06:00:22  
Lolz@25 dollar transfer fee.
 Lakshmi.Dragoncloud
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dragoncloud 2012-12-03 06:04:03  

/thread
By Himsaa 2012-12-03 06:04:12  
@anesthesia (don't know how to quote...) It's self explanatory. I know you've seen other threads before and I know you know how people act when they are trying to feel superior. Get in a fight with your girlfriend or co-worker and see how many grammatical mistakes you make. That's all I'll say.

More importantly:

Last time I played it took 18 people to kill real *** (outside of lolabyssea). Take that 100m and buy something nice for your linkshell mates who helped you get to where you are.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-12-03 06:15:32  
If anyone is ever going to beat this guy, it definitely won't be anyone in this thread.

My money is on some random, pearl-less JP to come in and demolish him Kobayashi style - filthy mustache and all.

[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 06:22:39  
Are people seriously arguing against good grammar? Gtfo.
By Aeyela 2012-12-03 06:23:51  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

G.T.F.O. or Get the *** out. Gtfo is not acceptable grammar.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 06:25:52  
Acronyms don't necessarily need punctuation.
 Phoenix.Miiu
By Phoenix.Miiu 2012-12-03 06:33:03  
Aeyela said: »
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

G.T.F.O. or Get the *** out. Gtfo is not acceptable grammar.

Get out. Just get out.
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 76 77 78