100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 76 77 78
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 15:53:05  
I understand what Urteil was trying to say now(did come out wrong earlier though). At this point I just think people should calm down and let the fire extinguish. There's some disagreement on how to handle the challenge, but since he's the host that's about it. Lay down your internet swords, everyone.
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
サーバ: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-12-03 15:53:37  
lol I never once said I was powerful enough to beat you I just said I would try but it isn't worth the risk of 50 bucks and you called me a coward.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 15:53:58  
Asura.Escorian said: »
lol I never once said I was powerful enough to beat you I just said I would try but it isn't worth the risk of 50 bucks and you called me a coward.

You're also stupid pointless. /abrasive
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-03 15:55:42  
I'm interested to hear how Ejiin would deal with unbalanced modifications to current abilities and additional abilities on the test server.
 Asura.Escorian
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-12-03 15:56:45  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Asura.Escorian said: »

You're also stupid pointless. /abrasive
and here we have a contradicting post to your last one.
By krish 2012-12-03 16:01:37  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I'm interested to hear how Ejiin would deal with unbalanced modifications to current abilities and additional abilities on the test server.

Wait until the test server patches are committed to the main branch. There should be a pretty big window where the test server is the same as the main servers. At least I'd assume so, I never played on the test server. Or the combatants could agree to not use those JAs in the first place.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-03 16:04:21  
krish said: »

Wait until the test server patches are committed to the main branch. There should be a pretty big window where the test server is the same as the main servers. At least I'd assume so, I never played on the test server. Or the combatants could agree to not use those JAs in the first place.
This will work for most things, at least those that are brought over anyway, some are not always but... If there are any that aren't easy to avoid, that could be discussed when the issues/discrepancies are found.
 Asura.Wyattdoc
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-12-03 16:04:43  
Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
I'm pretty sure everyone wishes they could beat Urteil but they know they can't so they deal with their inferiority complex by telling themselves they don't care or it doesn't matter.

What percentage of the total population box or care about boxing? (You can say this about almost anything and the answer will be small). I don't think I've ever watched a televised boxing match, I don't know who the champion is, and I really don't care about boxing at all, it has zero impact on my life. I still know though that it is tough as ***to be boxing champion and defend your title from all takers. Me not caring doesn't diminish the accomplishment at all, this is the position Urteil is in.

People who PvP in FFXI know they are a small minority, they do it because they love it and there are other people who do care and can respect their commitment. This thread is aimed at finding more of those people, not at the general public who we already know don't give a ***.

not to get off point but how hard is a holiday where your from hmm boxing day.
j/k
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-03 16:05:29  

I was careful to say "after testing", which wouldn't be hard at all to test. Can you seriously list anything at all that would impact a 99 1vs1 match besides embrava and PD and the new SP2s? I'm not claiming to know every difference on the test server that pertains to 99 1vs1 PvP, but neither does anyone else. So throwing out the entire idea based on a "feeling" that the test server wouldn't be fair is ridiculous.
 Leviathan.Captainb
サーバ: Leviathan
user: CaptainB
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-12-03 16:06:36  
Just curious, why not go server to server and challenge all comers? Seems the only way to know for sure who's the best or to find the best challengers that this game has to offer?

On a side note: Some seem to hate this thread, I have found it to be a good entertainment,it has been helpful to offset the daily grind while I am at work.
[+]
 Sylph.Leroyj
サーバ: Sylph
user: Leroyj
By Sylph.Leroyj 2012-12-03 16:07:22  
Phoenix.Cliamain said: »
Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Making them transfer is a very effective way to narrow the field to serious applicants only.

As long as you can accept that there will be people - qualified combatants - who cannot/will not leave their friends for ninety days, sure.

I have no issue with any of his rules, it's his contest. But not wanting a ninety-day trip to Phoenix doesn't make one a coward.

Then don't people shouldn't come running their out of tune mouth. "I can beat him, just i don't want to waste my money."

If you are going to say these kinds of things just keep it to yourself and shut up. Saying you can and then running behind this is a clear show of cowardice.

This a thousand times.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-03 16:09:52  
I fell to the same conclusion about SP2s, just ban them. Any modifications, now or in the near future, to present abilities throw a wild-card into the mix however. You're a proponent of moving it to the test server, and it's something I don't have an answer to, so I'm asking you how it'd be dealt with outside of banning a job from competing until X is patched, or risk banning a fulcrum ability of a certain job until further notice. It's not about "feel" it's about how to deal with it when it happens.
By krish 2012-12-03 16:10:32  
Leviathan.Captainb said: »
Just curious, why not go server to server and challenge all comers? Seems the only way to know for sure who's the best or to find the best challengers that this game has to offer?

I like that idea. I'm sure Urteil would like the romance of it too. But it would take years to go from server to server to server and all his skillfully gotten gear would have greatly deprecated.

It would be cool though.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 16:11:40  
I do.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 16:15:26  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

I was careful to say "after testing", which wouldn't be hard at all to test. Can you seriously list anything at all that would impact a 99 1vs1 match besides embrava and PD and the new SP2s? I'm not claiming to know every difference on the test server that pertains to 99 1vs1 PvP, but neither does anyone else. So throwing out the entire idea based on a "feeling" that the test server wouldn't be fair is ridiculous.

I know that I have no recourse due to that "feeling" if I lose on an official server. It is not legitimized.

It also cheapens the aspect of fighting on a real server, somebody's homeland or stomping grounds.
 Alexander.Sumo
サーバ: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2012-12-03 16:17:32  

Urteil = Ryu

Someone better call Jaerik(sp?) so that he can find a new avi.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-12-03 16:17:39  
People can do it themselves. No one is stopping every server from holding their own tournament. And when they hold King of their server they should challenge Urteil and the Victor can hold King of ffxipvp.

Though i'm sure most people are just going to say this idea is too troublesome and not worth it. Then obviously its not for you, or Charge 1mil per entry and the king of server wins it all.
[+]
By krish 2012-12-03 16:25:42  
I know that I have no recourse due to that "feeling" if I lose on an official server. It is not legitimized.

By that same logic your victory on the official server will no longer be legitimate when updates from the test server are applied. If you're chasing that perfect ideal, you have a long and war-torn future in front of you.
By krish 2012-12-03 16:28:07  
/doingmyparttogettoahundredpages
 Leviathan.Captainb
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-12-03 16:43:49  
How about setting up a monthly fight on the test sever with no Gil reward, or even just a one time thing, but keep the offer out there for those who wish to come to your server and fight for the gil?

I am not much into PVP here but the test server barrier/argument does have some validity and if you would just agree to a one time event or something? Then those making an argument about the financial burden of the server transfer barriers would no longer have an excuse!

It would be interesting to see if you had any additional takers on the test server, I am not sure it would make much of a difference, but without opening up at least some kind of challenge on the test server front those questions are just going to keep coming.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 16:47:23  
I think it's pointless at this point to keep bringing up test server, if he doesn't want to saying it 100 times would hardly change that.

People disagree, amen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-12-03 17:01:31  
Urteil, you know I respect you (or at least, you should). My question is this: if someone were to offer you 50M to come and fight them, would you transfer servers to do it?
[+]
サーバ: Odin
user: Turtles
By Odin.Screamingbabies 2012-12-03 17:04:43  
How about setting up a monthly fight on the test sever with no Gil reward, or even just a one time thing, but keep the offer out there for those who wish to come to your server and fight for the gil?

I am not much into PVP here but the test server barrier/argument does have some validity and if you would just agree to a one time event or something? Then those making an argument about the financial burden of the server transfer barriers would no longer have an excuse!

It would be interesting to see if you had any additional takers on the test server, I am not sure it would make much of a difference, but without opening up at least some kind of challenge on the test server front those questions are just going to keep coming.

I'd give it a go on the test server just for fun.
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-12-03 17:07:01  
Minjo is coming to kill me. Deadwing. Zirk.

And this Cayoda fellow.
And me. Probably transfer wed or thurs. LOL at coming up with 50 dollars in 3 months. thats 55 cents a day lol.
 Leviathan.Captainb
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-12-03 17:07:52  
Just saying that "test server" will continue to come up, I understand the base challenge posed here, but objectively looking at the thread as a whole, that is the only real detractor from the purity of the challenge that I can see and even a one time trip to the test server puts that to rest. I actually think it would be fun to have the server like "play off" PVP where all the winners meet, but that is not likely to happen I don't think, so getting some of the better PVP plays to try and setup an event on the test server would seem to be logical for a pure meeting of the greats?

I play like twice a week for a few hours here and there so obviously I would be a viewer, I would like to see the strategies used and just enjoy the show.

I will enjoy the video of these fights just the same but as someone who would just like to see the best against the best I don't think we will ever get that with this type of a challenge, but as I said it will be entertaining just the same.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-12-03 17:10:12  
Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
Urteil, you know I respect you (or at least, you should). My question is this: if someone were to offer you 50M to come and fight them, would you transfer servers to do it?

It's 100mil now and Urteil holds the title of King of his server... So unless the challenger held a similar title I don't think he would waste his time.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 17:17:02  
Shiva.Moogleking said: »
LOL at coming up with 50 dollars in 3 months. thats 55 cents a day lol.
I'm a student with no job and just have my dad's allowance. Some people don't even have daddy giving them that like me. In the *** real world people value their money when they don't have much.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 17:20:36  
At least Urteil had the decency to acknowledge that just asking those who can't to stop provoking.
By krish 2012-12-03 17:21:15  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I think it's pointless at this point to keep bringing up test server, if he doesn't want to saying it 100 times would hardly change that.

I think people keep bring up the test server because the objections to it ring hollow and the issues with it can be overcome.

But you're right, Urteil can do whatever he wants but, as I'm sure he knows, he's cutting himself off from a lot of opponents.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-12-03 17:25:46  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

It also cheapens the aspect of fighting on a real server, somebody's homeland or stomping grounds.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 76 77 78