users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 76 77 78
By Cayoda 2012-12-03 17:34:03  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
I'll impregnate all of you.

Very well.

Your original intention for this post was indeed admirable. A champion seeking a worthy challenger. Very noble.

However, your ego has grown with each noob who wanted a chance at the spotlight: "Oh, i'd fight you but i don't wanna pay 25 bucks..." Now, annoyed by these fools, you submit challenges to all players, including those who have been around as long and are just as skilled as yourself, claiming your superiority.

This is my challenge to you Urteil:

On Friday, February 8th 2013, I will transfer my character to your server. We will fight on Saturday, February 8th 2013, at 6:00 p.m. EST. No sooner, no later.

However, I will not be bringing an Uberkuchen nor any other entry "fee". Your money is worthless to me and I have no interest in glory. Those who have seen me know if I'm good. Those who have not, do not. For all I care, it can stay that way.

Therefore, the only reward enticing enough for me to spend three months away from my server is the character based on which you have made all these prideful boasts. Yes, if I win, I get your account. If you win, you get mine. All the gear, gil and characters. Everything.

These will be the rules:

On the shore of Diorama - Purgonorgo Isle, We will fight five rounds. I will use any or all combination(s) of RDM BLM and SCH. You may use any or all job(s) you desire. I do not require you to win the series: If you defeat me twice, my account is yours.

I eagerly await your response.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-12-03 17:35:42  
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 17:36:16  
It's stupid to risk the account. Regardless of how sure you are about your odds.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 17:38:40  
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-03 17:40:21  
Cayoda said: »
Not worth it.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-12-03 17:41:14  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
It's stupid to risk the account. Regardless of how sure you are about your odds.

I'd watch it.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 17:44:08  

Very well.

Your original intention for this post was indeed admirable. A champion seeking a worthy challenger. Very noble.

However, your ego has grown with each noob who wanted a chance at the spotlight: "Oh, i'd fight you but i don't wanna pay 25 bucks..." Now, annoyed by these fools, you submit challenges to all players, including those who have been around as long and are just as skilled as yourself, claiming your superiority.

On Friday, February 8th 2013, I will transfer my character to your server. We will fight on Saturday, February 8th 2013, at 6:00 p.m. EST. No sooner, no later.

However, I will not be bringing an Uberkuchen nor any other entry "fee". Your money is worthless to me and I have no interest in glory. Those who have seen me know if I'm good. Those who have not, do not. For all I care, it can stay that way.

Therefore, the only reward enticing enough for me to spend three months away from my server is the character based on which you have made all these prideful boasts. Yes, if I win, I get your account. If you win, you get mine. All the gear, gil and characters. Everything.

These will be the rules:

On the shore of Diorama - Purgonorgo Isle, We will fight five rounds. I will use any or all combination(s) of RDM BLM and SCH. You may use any or all job(s) you desire. I do not require you to win the series: If you defeat me twice, my account is yours.

Re-read the OP.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-03 17:47:07  

Urteil would also be wagering a mythic and Cayoda would be wagering what exactly? (because added together it's probably not the *** a mythic puts you through)
By Cayoda 2012-12-03 17:50:03  

Very well.

These will be the rules:

Re-read the OP.

I understand. Good luck in your quest to find your challenger

If anyone is dumb enough to call Urteil a coward on this, think about all the time you've put into your account. Would you want to give it up?

Asked a month ago, my response would have been the same.

Best of luck to you Urteil.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 17:50:06  
Please consider the following about the test server:

Imagine if there were abilities that greatly bolstered my power;

Dark Magic Fast Cast/Traits (This is incredibly feasible.)
Various spells.
Abilities, etc.
I would not want access to these.
I would not be championing for everything to take place on the test server if the above was true. My stance would still stand. I would not and will not change my tune if tomorrow SE comes out and says;

"Stun II, Absorb-II, Demi/DemiII HERE YOU GO LOL."

No. We fight on real-servers and when the above are patched in - I will then acknowledge them.

In the instance of things like"fast cast" how would you possibly count for this, make me wear addle gear or something? As they have not migrated from the "test" server onto the real servers through the only process available.

Often abilities on the test server or aspects under development change entirely, without warning, and on a whim, and are much more prone to being broken. When things migrate to the official server we have a layer of legitimization. One thing that can be said for the test server is it takes a long time for things like abilities/whatever to be implemented.

I have drawn a line for myself and everyone else, once these abilities really "come into play" no excuses will be made for them.

A test server is not the same as a inter-server meeting area, please stop acting like they are. If there was an inter server meeting area system, I would be there all day.
 Asura.Escorian
サーバ: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-12-03 17:50:50  

Very well.

These will be the rules:

[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 17:53:33  

So are you coming? First to three kills is the winner - I'd be happy to fight you.

I'm rather confused. Sell the 100,000,000g and buy an account or start a mythic or something. Don't care/know.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-03 17:53:58  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Wish I was on Phoenix, I'd try NIN/SCH vs your DRK. I'd bring a whole stack of Uberkuchen!

Sorry but nin is a bad idea.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 17:54:57  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Wish I was on Phoenix, I'd try NIN/SCH vs your DRK. I'd bring a whole stack of Uberkuchen!

Sorry but nin is a bad idea.

+12 silence katanas piss me off.
[+]
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-12-03 17:55:18  
Shiva.Moogleking said: »
LOL at coming up with 50 dollars in 3 months. thats 55 cents a day lol.
I'm a student with no job and just have my dad's allowance. Some people don't even have daddy giving them that like me. In the *** real world people value their money when they don't have much.
I used to get an allowance too. Good for you going to school. hope it leads to a succesful future. I worked hard and went to school and paid my dues. I have the right to lol at 50 dollars.
 Cerberus.Meatster
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2012-12-03 17:55:19  
This thread

Suprised this game actually has pvp. Who knew?

Anyway for something devs never seem to balance or patch for balance seems abit much gil.

Ninja edit-How do they keep jobs even? Kinda interested in pvp now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 17:56:26  
I used to get an allowance too. Good for you going to school. hope it leads to a succesful future. I worked hard and went to school and paid my dues. I have the right to lol at 50 dollars.
You're clearly detached from that hard past life of yours if you laugh at that.
By Cayoda 2012-12-03 17:57:13  

So are you coming? First to three kills is the winner - I'd be happy to fight you.

I'm rather confused. Sell the 100,000,000g and buy an account or start a mythic or something. Don't care/know.

No. Like you are unwilling to negotiate your terms, as am I.
 Hades.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Hades
user: Rooks
By Hades.Rooks 2012-12-03 17:58:37  
I was just wondering how long this thread would take to re-derp.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lillica
サーバ: Bismarck
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-12-03 17:58:55  
THEN WHY ARE YOU POSTING OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-12-03 17:59:14  
This thread has gotten even stranger.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 18:00:42  
We just need fresh videos so we can talk about those and go back on track.
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-12-03 18:02:32  
You're clearly detached from that hard past life of yours if you laugh at that.
Didnt say my life was hard, said i worked hard, Im not detached i know who i am and have no regrets.
 Phoenix.Vyrr
user: Junsun
By Phoenix.Vyrr 2012-12-03 18:15:15  

So you want to take him up on the offer but on your terms? Regardless, you could change your jobs as many times as you'd like and I'm sure he could still defeat you. If you seriously want to take him up on the offer then man up and fight on his terms.
 Hades.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Hades
user: Rooks
By Hades.Rooks 2012-12-03 18:17:51  
Phoenix.Vyrr said: »

So you want to take him up on the offer but on your terms? Regardless, you could change your jobs as many times as you'd like and I'm sure he could still defeat you. If you seriously want to take him up on the offer then man up and fight on his terms.

Not that you aren't basically correct, but the idea of someone white-knighting a guy that dresses like Garland just tickles several funnybones.
[+]
By Cayoda 2012-12-03 18:18:25  
Phoenix.Vyrr said: »

Gil is not enticing to me.

However, my offer applies to you as well.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 18:19:23  
I don't think anyone is going to willingly risk their character like that.

It's a pretty insulting offer really...
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-12-03 18:23:37  
OP should post any videos on the original post. I don't want to search through the thread to find them. xD
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-03 18:24:46  
If you wanted to mirror Urteil's offer, you'd have to offer your own account and not ask for anything if you win, because that's how his challenge is set.
[+]
By Cayoda 2012-12-03 18:28:22  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I don't think anyone is going to willingly risk their character like that.

Which is why im not extending the offer to everyone. Only Urteil and the idiot who called me - the only one willing to risk it all - a coward.

Im done posting though. Good luck to op. You're arrogant, but im sure its well earned. Pity, our battle would have been great.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 76 77 78