フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 76 77 78
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2012-10-09 14:11:00  
Has he fought anyone yet? I seen a bunch of posts about nothing.

I assume you would sub /sch only for sublimation. My plan would be to wait until sublimation is full then sleepga > ja, if that ja doesn't kill him repeat.

BLM/NIN (shadows to avoid his stun)
 Sylph.Wardeniii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-10-09 14:18:00  
Manifestation > Stunga
By Demule 2012-10-09 14:22:09  
Valefor.Nugzkraka said: »

I assume you would sub /sch only for sublimation. My plan would be to wait until sublimation is full then sleepga > ja, if that ja doesn't kill him repeat.

also gives access to more then that.

ballista is limited in the fact you cant change gear without a huge wait time where you can be attacked. some gear makes a big difference put it is few and far between. Instead it is like chess, you have to know what to expect from your opponent.

Sleep and nuke strats often only work if you have help. one on one its not often great unless the other guy sucks.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-10-09 14:22:58  
Shadows against him are immediately wiped by Manifestation whatever he casts. He will probably break you, aspir your mp, and sleep you so you have to cancel stoneskin. If you Manawall, he will do enough physical damage to eat all of your mp. At this point, he will probably disengage, poison/bio and watch you fall to the ground. It's difficult to break him because he will have a lot of resist gear on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-10-09 14:29:34  
how much of a threat is BLU to you Urteil?
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-10-09 14:32:06  

/SCH is a lot more than sublimation, switching to Light Arts to re-apply buffs and cast a needed Cure or addendum for a -na.

If you are just sitting in Dark Arts waiting for sublimation to come fill up or be available you aren't using the subjob to its full extent. Trust me, this is a big problem I have (like not having Regen II at first), and I usually have him saying LIGHT ARTS GET BLINK UP LIGHT ARTS WHY AREN'T YOU IN LIGHT ARTS when I have him watching me fight.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-10-09 14:33:26  
Nugzkraka said:
I fought him for probably 3 hours yesterday. We didn't fight for anything other than learning/testing and the excitement.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-09 14:33:34  
Just about any job, played to its absolute fullest extent, will be a major threat.

With experienced PVPers, ballista is not nearly as unbalanced as the majority of people would like to think.

It is possible to make a great case for nearly any job out there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-09 14:34:10  
I just picture Urteil as Mr. Miyagi.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Evviva
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2012-10-09 14:36:06  
Asura.Ina said: »
I think the point they are trying to make is that while fighting someone 1v1 is a form of PvP it's not Ballista. It would be like playing soccer/football 1v1, the basics may remain the same but when there is a team behind you and against you it is a whole different beast.

Hmmm, yes, but; you can safely take away the Goal/Net/Soccerball/Basketball and have the two contestants start wrestling each other.

Variety is the spice of life; good luck to any challengers, don't forget to have fun~
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-09 14:36:08  
If SE ever add a simple "duel" thingy, I'm sure PVP would become way more popular.
I know I'd do it way more. :p
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-09 14:37:25  
Maybe they'll add some sort of instanced PVP arena in Adoulin.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-09 14:46:13  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Our own private PVP arena on our private islands.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-09 14:47:37  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

Our own private PVP arena on our private islands.

Loser has to water the other's Millioncorn.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-10-09 15:06:34  
Loser has to water the other's Millioncorn.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-09 16:17:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
how much of a threat is BLU to you Urteil?
BLU is tricky on both ends for a variety of reasons. Primary weakness against a DRK is the MP pool of course, so you need to have resistance against Stun, Break, Sleep, and stacking dark resist might be a good idea too (Shadow Sachet/Aliyat Chakram and Alucinor Mitts in addition to the obvious Blood Cuisses and Flawless Ribbon). Lots of turtling. Twilight Torque, maybe Flume Belt, ring(s), maybe Dux Scale Mail +1 but Mavi Mintan +2 is tempting. Definitely at least one PDT item (Shikargar and/or Genbu's) in the main slots (now that I think about it, my Genbu's has a lightning resist augment at present). Tizona conceptually has potential since you have minimal incentive to WS (Requiescat is going to suck, no CDC), could just keep AM3 up and disregard wsing, but he has Absorb TP and won't be in front of you at all times. Gut choice on subjob is /SCH but I haven't thought about that too much. Sleep seems too dangerous to allow anything else since ability to stun at range is limited and it offers Drain, Aspir, Sleep, Dispel, boosted Cures, and some minor buffs.

Silence gives the appearance of danger but is arguably a zero-sum gambit; you can kite if he opens with it and opening with Gravity or Bind gives you the opportunity to counter with Water Bomb or sleeps, making it a roulette game against your respective resist gears. (EDIT: More complicated combinations exist, but their limitations increase with complexity. Still something worth bearing in mind, as it may be used alongside sleeps. Discrepancies in resist rates between Break/Sleep and Silence may exist, giving further incentive to explore this tactic in hopes of creating an opening.)

Of course, if Break lands then he can enfeeble you as he pleases. Silence, Gravity, Aspirs, and a couple Dispels goes a long way. Recast is low enough to keep that nonsense going for a while if resists don't kick in, so countering Break is a high priority.

If you can stick a long-duration stun or terror effect on him then he's almost certainly boned, but he'll stack resist gear to counteract that possibility and there's no way in hell you'll get Absolute Terror off unless you manage to sleep/stun him first. Harassment seems like the best option for early to midgame, as we have a variety of fast enfeebles and a few you can try to apply at range while maintaining awareness of his cooldowns. From there it's a matter of keeping yourself safe while you try to open a chink in his defenses. Aspir (Aspir, MP Drainkiss, maybe Magic Hammer) is a reasonably effective tool since it forces a choice between Catastrophe and Entropy when followed up with a high-damage move, and Delta Thrust would be very useful indeed since it does reasonable damage and also inflicts Plague - great for reducing the frequency of Cata/Entropy and also for helping to counteract TP feed if you opt to use Disseverment (for the poison; use with care) or QC/AS (stacked with CA/Efflux for damage). I doubt that Heavy Strike is reliable so I'd probably avoid using it.

The variety of tools at our disposal is a major advantage. He's only got fifteen slots and is thus forced to prioritize somewhat. Killer Effects and generic resist gear can still cause problems though. Access to Break is probably DRK's biggest advantage in this matchup. Harassment via bolts can potentially be annoying as well.
[+]
 Sylph.Tarree
user: Tarree
By Sylph.Tarree 2012-10-09 20:00:37  
Littletrouble first Ballista win?
[+]
 Siren.Soverance
サーバ: Siren
user: Galactus
By Siren.Soverance 2012-10-09 20:39:54  
what the ***...lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-09 20:54:57  
INCOMING EMOTE WATCH OUT
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-10-09 20:59:09  
Sylph.Tarree said: »
Littletrouble first Ballista win?

WAT

Edit:
..and I watched that whole video expecting some sort of cybering.

I demand a refund!
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-09 21:03:01  
This thread needs more Derf.

And by this thread, I mean all threads.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2012-10-09 21:03:38  
no... god... no.
 Phoenix.Kylie
user: Kylie
By Phoenix.Kylie 2012-10-09 21:03:54  
dunnnn dunnn dunnnn..... Sak - Exo said hes gonna take you up on this and for anyone else on phoenix i will soon be holding a cookie sale!! Got about 15 mmore dyna runs for his relic i think he said. Oh and dont forget that one time what happened with my whm. but i think you let me win. -_- :D
 Sylph.Valleth
By Sylph.Valleth 2012-10-09 21:14:27  
[+]
 Sylph.Valleth
By Sylph.Valleth 2012-10-09 21:17:56  
[+]
 Phoenix.Lxion
user: Lxion
By Phoenix.Lxion 2012-10-09 21:18:56  
Sylph.Valleth said: »

I love this.
By Avitori 2012-10-09 21:41:08  
 Lakshmi.Timelesstaru
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Timelesstaru 2012-10-09 22:01:40  
Lol why r ppl talking when they haven't Ballista or done it in yrs.. Real iggaz still Ballista. Like unclegreen would say if he was still here come to Laki and get plowed w.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-09 22:07:10  
Your input hasn't been relevant for anything other than comedy in a while ever, better luck next time.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-09 22:11:37  
If by comedy you mean braincell genocide
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 76 77 78