フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Your most hated (H)NM in the entire game and why
Your most hated (H)NM in the entire game and why
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-01 07:56:19  
I remember one time going to Kuftal to xp, and Guivre popped right in front us as we got there so we just swapped to a different area so we wouldn't have to deal with him.

Ah the days of crab fantasy XI.
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-01 08:10:00  
Dang there's a lot more hatred for Guivre then I thought at first o_o;
[+]
 Cerberus.Saithorx
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saithorx
By Cerberus.Saithorx 2012-11-01 08:28:23  
Hoo Mjuu the Torrent

Probably killed him 100+ times. I did get the Staff a few times back when it was over 1m. Not enough to make it worth the while though.

I guess all Yagudo's were annoying due to always dropping something, and the something usually being an inexpensive scroll.

===================
JEJ was annoying.

I did get the drop once though!

[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-11-01 08:58:19  
My most hated NM is not a single one.. its a whole NM-System.. i hate

EVERY-SINGLE-VNM

and of course

EYERY-SINGLE-Abyssea-VNM

god i hate running around like a chicken and /heal /heal /heal to catch an invisible NM that likes to be away from me 5.0-6.0 when i heal..
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-01 09:06:13  
Anyone that knows me, knows the story of Ahab trying to kill the White Whale.

*** this *** ***!

1/51

Two years.

An entire notebook of spawn times, kill times, and estimated respawn times.

Forgive my shitty old vaio pc for being all frame-ratey.

It's so adorable seeing my little white magic 225 enfeebling magic skill macro.

I forgot that I used to emote a /luck dance.

Edit: It's so trippy to see my WHM in her prime. I think I had that 68 DMG kinkobo down to something around 220 delay. For a staff, yeah. I'd make other 2-handers cry. Thanks Blessed gear set for the haste boost. <3

Edit 2: I even kept a 4-leaf mandy bud on me as well as a Lucky Egg. Not to promote any type of myths, but the one time I ate that Lucky Egg, she dropped my ring. Do with that what you will.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-11-01 09:09:34  
i never saw Voluptuous Vilma ._.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-01 09:11:17  
I did. I even raced off and went and got Soul Plates and a Soul Trapper to take pictures. When they finally add that new thing they've talked about where you can play as monsters... you already know who is coming back to the game to play as a Marlboro.
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-01 09:15:47  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
I did. I even raced off and went and got Soul Plates and a Soul Trapper to take pictures. When they finally add that new thing they've talked about where you can play as monsters... you already know who is coming back to the game to play as a Marlboro.

Now THAT'S dedication =)
Did you win a lot of matches in pankra... oops I misread that ^^; You mean the new content in Seekers. I really wonder how it'll turn out =) It's about the only new content I'm excited about next to the two jobs and well, the continent.
Also, great addition to the thread. Vilma is most definitely a royal pain...
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-01 09:22:27  
Yes. Actually I did win a lot of matches in Pankration. I was the person that verified that if you went and soul-trapped a red-eyed Marlboro (only two NMs that I know are like that; I trapped Cassie) instead of a golden-eyed one, that they are two different things to the Soul Plates. I still have my little red-eyed cassie copy ready and waiting if that event ever gets popular again. I think she's like LV38 or so. I got really into the idea of a phsyical damage resist monster like an elemental or a slime and took that to 50. I forget. That Marlboro. I think her name was something like WrithingTendrels or something perfect for her.

Edit: I really liked Relm from FF6 and was hoping for that content to play out more. Sadly it didn't. Monsters were too difficult to control and the rewards for the time put in were not worth it. Yay. I got a Lamia hat. /tosses it 2 months later.
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-01 10:23:27  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Yes. Actually I did win a lot of matches in Pankration. I was the person that verified that if you went and soul-trapped a red-eyed Marlboro (only two NMs that I know are like that; I trapped Cassie) instead of a golden-eyed one, that they are two different things to the Soul Plates. I still have my little red-eyed cassie copy ready and waiting if that event ever gets popular again. I think she's like LV38 or so. I got really into the idea of a phsyical damage resist monster like an elemental or a slime and took that to 50. I forget. That Marlboro. I think her name was something like WrithingTendrels or something perfect for her.

Edit: I really liked Relm from FF6 and was hoping for that content to play out more. Sadly it didn't. Monsters were too difficult to control and the rewards for the time put in were not worth it. Yay. I got a Lamia hat. /tosses it 2 months later.

Fun to read some good comments about Pankration. I was a fan at the time; mostly because how unique it was compared to the other content. But after a few weeks it just got.. old; I dunno. I still have a few matches now and then but purely just for fun. I don't go for the rewards (anymore). I really hope that with Seekers, Pankration will get a lil boost in popularity. The battle music from the colliseum is still one of my fav tracks in the game.
[+]
 Odin.Headstrong
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-11-01 10:25:23  
Playing XIV really made me miss the NMs in this game D: It was horrible to camp stuff for days and days sometimes.. but oh the joy when you finally got the drop!
 Cerberus.Ryger
user: ryger
By Cerberus.Ryger 2012-11-01 10:41:03  
ive got a nice list of nms
tunga - fuk that guy
YY robe - spent months camping him
Tiamat - hrs of camping, and hrs of fighting
KB - never seen a dring
Khi - only seen sword a few times (was in a hnm ls for 2yrs+)
and to top it off. Any of the emp trials. fricken camping 1-4hrs on 1nm and then u gotta kill it x3/4 times is just a drag
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-11-01 11:24:26  
The term "HNM" here is misleading. By far the worst IMO was camping Sandworm for 5 hours to have it glitch so many times and not pop..
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-11-01 12:08:03  

Seen more claims on these than Fafnir or Nidhogg.

Vrtra
Stupid undead aggros and draw-ins.

Jormy, for the "HNM training."
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-11-01 12:21:08  

This guy can go die in a fiery pit of hell for having one of the worst windows ever imagined.

And whoever thought a window like that would be a good idea, I hope your face gets eaten off by rabid dogs.
[+]
By styleszuk 2012-11-01 12:23:06  
Ace's was only good for apoc aftermath anyway.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-11-01 12:26:33  
Kirin circa 2004 mainly because of the overcamping RMTs trying to MPK you while handling the mini's and having to keep it claimed before/during/after astral flow otherwise again those *** RMTs would steal it . Despot before spawn mechanics changed . Lowman Sea LV75 , 4hrs of MeriPo or kiting something to death.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-01 12:27:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
This guy can go die in a fiery pit of hell for having one of the worst windows ever imagined. And whoever thought a window like that would be a good idea, I hope your face gets eaten off by rabid dogs.

My favorite was the weather ending as he popped :|
 Bismarck.Lucried
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2012-11-01 12:47:34  
for me id have to say my most hated nm of all time was Sozu Rogberry so many months camping that thing vs every thf and rmt on the server. finally get a drop and a week later they make it 100% drop ._.;;
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-01 13:12:55  
Fistule.
I wanna knee the designer in the balls who designed this bottleneck.
I can only imagine the amount of drama this *** caused back in the heyday of abyssea with alot more people doing empyreans requiring his drop. There can still be alot of competition/drama over this one, working on getting my last 22 fistule items from him and never looking back.

Heqet because I was terrible at claiming him in a sea of squibs with any amount of competition present.

Quasimodo because dying to curse->spikes.

Anything that requires holywater spamming.
By Gameesh 2012-11-02 03:58:49  
A new day, a new NM:

Beestinger 1/12 >.>; (decent drop rate my arse)
By Gameesh 2012-11-02 07:09:30  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
This guy can go die in a fiery pit of hell for having one of the worst windows ever imagined. And whoever thought a window like that would be a good idea, I hope your face gets eaten off by rabid dogs.

My favorite was the weather ending as he popped :|

Happened way too many times >.<
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 07:46:07  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Despot before spawn mechanics changed.

Oh lawd. I thought that I had entirely erased the memory of Despot from my head.

Lovin' that bitchin' NQ Light Staff I sported. Cure III for 235. Oh my gosh how embarrassing.

So funny to realize that these days I went back and solo'd everything in Sky for my Wlegs. Oh, they're still so pretty though.

Seeing shi* like this and realizing I /was/ there for 8 hours doing this constantly to spawn the f***. Yeah.

Siren.Gunshy
サーバ: Siren
user: Siryn
By Siren.Gunshy 2012-11-02 07:46:44  

Get an earring from one.. "Oh sweet guess i'll camp the other guy now"

5 days later "I swear after next pop its my last try.. for serious this time"
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 07:55:27  

I met some nice people doing those two, but yeah. The way those two worked was one would be nice on the drop and the other had to be a bish.
 Shiva.Alwaycool
サーバ: Shiva
user: alwaycool
By Shiva.Alwaycool 2012-11-02 08:09:57  
I hated fighting Tiamat only because the mages never listened and would always be in range to get hit by plague and would Viruna themselves before the tank and half the time have to beg for it. Ontop of all that aggroe Antlions and aggroe elementals ontop of everything.
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-02 08:19:44  
Blighting Brand and Eldritch Edge were nice to me, lol. I went 1/4 on both of them. >_>;
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 08:22:11  
Tiamat back in the day used to be fun simply because it existed. Now-a-days just one BST can ace it so it's pretty rare to see it up and unclaimed. Back (way back) in the day, not as many people dualboxed and just had a mule to leave at her spawn so when
TIAMAT IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
came across linkshell chat, it was drop-your-co**s-and-grab-your-socks time. Also, I didn't even realize that Tiamat could Plague. I guess our (TheBlueCrew)'s mages must have either been smart enough to keep out of range, I'm forgetful, or they were sissies. I'm gonna go with mostly #2. A bit of number 1. Not much number 3. <3 Miss you peeps.

I /do/ remembering trying to stick paralyze on her. Yes. a WHM enfeebling magic skill at 75 mixed with a fire-based HNM Wyrm.

Actually can anyone answer that for me. Can you land an ice-based enfeeble on a fire-based creature at all. I know they changed the way enfeebling magic works and it's been a few months since I was playing. Havn't had a chance to run into that big ol' firey dragon in a while.

PS: Tiamat looks like this:

...and not a lazy recolor of Vrtra.

(...and yes. That always stuck with me. I'm not sure if it was a 1%, 5%, or completely immune to paralyze, but when someone questioned me on why I was spamming that spell on it... it really still is a question I need answered to this day it seems).
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-02 08:47:51  
I rarely have issues landing Para II on things that aren't ice based or just flat out immune.
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-02 08:47:58  
Also, my most hated NM/s are probably Brooder, and Mangy-tailed Marvin. >_> I went like 1/60+ on Brooder lol. This was when his repop was 60-90mins and no one knew about blue proc ._.; And I never got my Orison cape, started soloing MTM from when procs weren't known, to when the repop was 10-15mins, and awhile after that, friends came out and blue proc'd for me. >_>; Hate that bunny.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11