By Asura.Calatilla 2012-11-06 02:24:51  
Akvan.
[+]
 Fenrir.Makado
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Makado
By Fenrir.Makado 2012-11-06 03:26:09  
Jack I hunted him constantly in Ron for that stupid neck and never did I get it. If I happen to pass through I look for him just to see if he will finally drop it. Also Faf I was next in line in my old HNM LS for ridill and I camped every chance I could then one day I couldn't log in guess what dropped.
By Gameesh 2012-11-06 03:28:06  
Fenrir.Makado said: »
Also Faf I was next in line in my old HNM LS for ridill and I camped every chance I could then one day I couldn't log in guess what dropped.

Ouch.. that's sour =( I hope you eventually got it though ^^
 Fenrir.Makado
By Fenrir.Makado 2012-11-06 03:58:56  
Nope still to this day no ridill lol. We camped for awhile after then abyssea came, priorities changed i died a little inside.
By Gameesh 2012-11-06 04:01:32  
Nope still to this day no ridill lol. We camped for awhile after then abyssea came, priorities changed i died a little inside.

Ah man that sucks :(
Yeah Abyssea killed a lot of things (or at least shifted priorities greatly). How many people do you need (minimum) for a safe Fafnir kill these days? Bummer you are on Fenrir otherwise I'd help right away =)
 Fenrir.Makado
By Fenrir.Makado 2012-11-06 04:14:18  
Ive duoed faf a few times wanted the head that I threw away before I knew of augments... Thf/Nin and a Rdm or Whm is np. No ridill that's basically a trophy now and no N head. I'll try again eventually.
By Gameesh 2012-11-06 07:21:49  
Ive duoed faf a few times wanted the head that I threw away before I knew of augments... Thf/Nin and a Rdm or Whm is np. No ridill that's basically a trophy now and no N head. I'll try again eventually.

Even if it's just a trophy, I still hope it'll drop soon for ya =) I'm the same with Leaping Lizzy; maybe a bad comparison but I still want those boots.. someday <_<; 0/27 or something atm.
By Fireknight 2012-11-06 20:18:28  
I think my most hated NM is Absolute Virtue back when 75 was the level cap. Took way too long to kill and you nearly had to have 6 tanks to defeat it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Zekky
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2012-11-06 20:26:42  
I was out in Cape Teriggan killing some manticores for fire trial and wind weather picked up and I saw an old face that I remembered I hated camping at 75 cap.

This guy. The number of times I went out with my THF friends to get that bloody dagger. Or the number of times I would see wind weather and pray to Baby Jesus he'd pop... and nothing...
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-07 01:34:01  
And the biggest a-hole of the day award goes to...

THIS GUY

Might as well add Sedna for good measure...

I hate them both so much... but I need voyage coins =(
Bloody Aqua Blast spam, what do they think they are..? Blastoise?
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
サーバ: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-11-07 01:45:32  
Top 3:

3) Pil--heaven forbid if she (he? do catarae even have a gender?) has that stupid shield up which means no damage and no procs and then the squad wiping because she has time to pull all of her nukes out of the damn bag.

2) Glavoid (and all the mini versions of him)--Literally did him once for the mega-boss win. And it effectively turned me off from even attempting building a Twash.

1) Akvan--Ask Escorian about this. He gets Heka's 1/1 on an account with only DRG leveled. This thing is so freaking biased against mages. Stingy *** decided that not only was he not going to give me Heka's, but he tortured me further by giving it to my anti-mage fiance, who, to this VERY FRICKEN DAY, gloats about getting it 1/1. Akvan is even stingy with the freaking LOGS. What do I get instead of logs? Crystal petrifacts. I can't even wipe my *** with those damn things! I've relinquished more chests on Akvan than I have even on Pil, and that is why that stingy *** piece of ***Ahriman is #1 on my list instead of Pil.

Okay, I feel better now.

Edit:

Honorable mention: Co...that freaking cactus near the mandies in Aby-Altepa. I'm minding my business killing the mandies and leveling dagger skill and then all of the sudden, I'm getting hit by this wandering pain the my ***. I PROBABLY woulda taken him (at least until he did ??? Needles) but because the mandies aggro on sight as well...yeah, wasn't pretty.
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-07 01:54:22  
Asura.Ivykyori said: »
Top 3:

3) Pil--heaven forbid if she (he? do catarae even have a gender?) has that stupid shield up which means no damage and no procs and then the squad wiping because she has time to pull all of her nukes out of the damn bag.

2) Glavoid (and all the mini versions of him)--Literally did him once for the mega-boss win. And it effectively turned me off from even attempting building a Twash.

1) Akvan--Ask Escorian about this. He gets Heka's 1/1 on an account with only DRG leveled. This thing is so freaking biased against mages. Stingy *** decided that not only was he not going to give me Heka's, but he tortured me further by giving it to my anti-mage fiance, who, to this VERY FRICKEN DAY, gloats about getting it 1/1. Akvan is even stingy with the freaking LOGS. What do I get instead of logs? Crystal petrifacts. I can't even wipe my *** with those damn things! I've relinquished more chests on Akvan than I have even on Pil, and that is why that stingy *** piece of ***Ahriman is #1 on my list instead of Pil.

Okay, I feel better now.

Edit:

Honorable mention: Co...that freaking cactus near the mandies in Aby-Altepa. I'm minding my business killing the mandies and leveling dagger skill and then all of the sudden, I'm getting hit by this wandering pain the my ***. I PROBABLY woulda taken him (at least until he did ??? Needles) but because the mandies aggro on sight as well...yeah, wasn't pretty.

I love posts like these; they capture the pain and torment of fighting certain NM's so damn well. Kudos!

Also, that would be Cuijatender...
There was a rather funny screenshot regarding him in the gallery a few days ago:

Click on it to read the text better (and be amazed)

Major thanks go to Xaxial on Quetzalcoatl for taking the pic and posting it first!

So. many. needles.
 Fenrir.Magi
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2012-11-07 02:10:52  
I'm like 0/50~60 on Perseus's harpe... never seen Xolololotl put out one. The only time it dropped was when my RL friend was camping on my mule/alt toon... he was winning lot but some douche with THF at 31 ninja lotted and won. Between Kreutzet, Simurgh, Xolotl, Sozu Rogberry... idk what job has shittier non-HNM nms than THF lol..

Another not so awesome experience I had with NMs was camping Argus the day after they made peacock charms rare/ex. I fell asleep and it spawned in front of me, the only other person who stuck around (Galka named Turnerbrown lol) claimed and got drop... first person to post a SS of it too XD.
 Asura.Ivykyori
サーバ: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-11-07 02:25:54  
Gameesh said: »
Top 3:

Okay, I feel better now.

Edit:

I love posts like these; they capture the pain and torment of fighting certain NM's so damn well. Kudos!

There was a rather funny screenshot regarding him in the gallery a few days ago:

Major thanks go to Xaxial on Quetzalcoatl for taking the pic and posting it first!

So. many. needles.

ROFL OMG THAT IS AWESOME. 55k damage? Ouch! Cuijatender...tenders ya with the needles.

I also saw the picture of the ufo...so funny story.

My friend helped me and Esco get CoP done and we got to Sea access. My friend told me (as a SCH/BLM) to walk northeast. I do just that and all of the sudden, I see this tentacle...thing...come from out of the sky.

Never went back into Sea since I finished CoP. Traumatized for life.
By Gameesh 2012-11-07 08:54:02  
I was thinking about how I leveled up each job (back when 75 was cap) and then I got to the Red Mage part...

ALL OF MY HATE!

Oh and while I'm at it, here's another monstrosity from Fei'Yin that randomly decided to slaughter me as I was on my way to the Cloister of Frost one day to help a friend:

Thank you, SE, for placing random NM's in areas that were perfectly safe to travel through earlier...
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-08 04:41:26  
Here's a special trio of NM's:

So many days lost I'll never get back....
*hugs his brown belt to make the pain go away*
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-11-08 05:20:58  
Top 3:

So. many. needles.

ROFL OMG THAT IS AWESOME. 55k damage? Ouch! Cuijatender...tenders ya with the needles.

My friend helped me and Esco get CoP done and we got to Sea access. My friend told me (as a SCH/BLM) to walk northeast. I do just that and all of the sudden, I see this tentacle...thing...come from out of the sky.

oh yay! dont know wether to feel special or not. but just FYI, i finally found my left arm after an arduous search in the local area. Luckily some mandies were using it for their game of baseball....as the bat.........

and yes, i am STILL finding needles in random places to this day..........
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nandeyanen
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidari
By Quetzalcoatl.Nandeyanen 2012-11-08 05:23:31  
Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial said: »
Top 3:

So. many. needles.

oh yay! dont know wether to feel special or not. but just FYI, i finally found my left arm after an arduous search in the local area. Luckily some mandies were using it for their game of baseball....as the bat.........
You are oh, oh so very special. X3 Oh, and... I don't think you want to know what those mandies were using as the ball...
By Gameesh 2012-11-08 06:35:35  
Xaxial said:

and yes, i am STILL finding needles in random places to this day..........

You may have broken some kind of record for most damage sustained in a single attack...? *hands you a trophy*
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-08 14:52:08  
I keep trying to get a screen shot, but i took an 83k rancor a while back.
 Sylph.Mizzou
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kogafox
By Sylph.Mizzou 2012-11-08 15:37:16  
<3 Tunga. Trick about that bug, EVERYBODY /whm.

O.Kote/Sarutobi NMs back in the day of RMTs... well... for the RMTs

Glavoid upon release (let's be honest, still to this day). One, too many KIs. Two, ridiculous KO move. Three, stupid people curing him. And lastly, at first you could not stack weapon empyrean items.

There's only one NM (at least you when you /check it says "Impossible to gauge") that tops Glavoid: 75 era, lv66 Maat fight. No meds. One loss to a Mijin Gakure of 800 dmg and having to camp another freaking seal was enough to infuriate my heart and soul. Hate you Maat, forever. :)
 Bahamut.Miemo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Miemo
By Bahamut.Miemo 2012-11-08 16:06:08  

I can keep going >.>

This one is my true Nemesis. I spent litterarily weeks camping him.
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-08 16:16:16  
Shen...? Never heard of that one o.o;
 Bahamut.Miemo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Miemo
By Bahamut.Miemo 2012-11-08 23:51:34  

He could probably still rock your boat if he wanted too. He was all the rage back in the days since he drops the WHM Hauby.

By Gameesh 2012-11-09 03:58:17  
Bahamut.Miemo said: »

He could probably still rock your boat if he wanted too. He was all the rage back in the days since he drops the WHM Hauby.

Wiki'd him and dayum ._.
That's a pretty good melee piece for WHM too.
By Gameesh 2012-11-09 04:02:49  
I find the lack of Opo-opo NM's in this thread disturbing, so here's one to brighten your day :P

I've heard stories from a friend about how he lost stacks and stacks of pamama's to this guy. Took him about 4 days to get the NIN body piece too...
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-11-09 04:33:37  
I find the lack of Opo-opo NM's in this thread disturbing, so here's one to brighten your day :P

I've heard stories from a friend about how he lost stacks and stacks of pamama's to this guy. Took him about 4 days to get the NIN body piece too...

That body piece along side a kitted out gear set for the relevant level made ninja untouchable at 30-40.
By Gameesh 2012-11-10 07:04:04  
Ku ku ku ku...

[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-11-10 08:06:15  
ghillie dhu nm didnt exist when i started playin came back tryin to hit 15 in the highlands and that thing raped my face
By Gameesh 2012-11-10 09:39:17  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
ghillie dhu nm didnt exist when i started playin came back tryin to hit 15 in the highlands and that thing raped my face

Ah Ghillie Dhu...
He was part of the two (or three?) huge batches of NM's that were added alongside with the add-on expansions. A lot of areas have NM's now that either serve no purpose (?), are related to said add-ons or well... like to KO unexpected players. Ghillie Dhu falls in the last category.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11