フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Your most hated (H)NM in the entire game and why
Your most hated (H)NM in the entire game and why
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-11-10 10:02:30  
yeah i left the game right before they came out lived in afghanistan 2 years came back started over and that little sapling killed my unsuspecting *** fast
 Shiva.Stelios
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Stelios 2012-11-10 10:32:36  
Charybidis... I dont even want to think of all the hours I spent in his den o'hell.

Followed by Kreutzet... And the invention of Nin/Dnc back in the day. Nobody would be there for the hours of no weather... then bam! Weather spawns... NM spawns... and a Nin/Dnc spawns with it and always got claim. To this day I still hate seeing the Wind Weather spawn lol

Okyupete.... Went 1/23 on the neck for my Bst back when it came out. Spent weeks killing it while my friend went 1/1. Its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE spawn times were such a pain. Sometimes you got lucky and it would spawn right after the window opens. But, more than likely it spawned 4~7 hours later. Now, after doing a Masamune and working on a Gandiva I had to kill this dang NM 8 more times.

Tunga... Enough said...

Kaggen.... Went 1/1 on belt which was awesome.... 1/144 on body finaly done with this NM today!

Pil... Toci Harness is not real >.<
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-10 11:08:32  
It's so creepy how some players magically spawn alongside a NM. I've seen it happen way too often (and always after I camped something for hours...).
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-10 18:55:10  
When I think of Abyssea - Uleguerand range only one NM comes to mind...

I'm not sure what I hate the most about this thing:

1) Needed for a (rather) popular NM, namely Dhorme > Apademak, so it's 90% of the time camped.
2) The droprate on it's pop item is pretty poor
3) He also happens to drop the Bale earring...
4) The fight itself can be a total pain (heavy strike spam and strong spikes.. BAH)

I'll be glad when the day comes I'll get Apademak's atma so I never have to bother with this golem ever again...

/endrage
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-11 16:07:42  
Here's a few Windurstian NM's...

Being a Bastokan myself I didn't have much experience with these in the beginning. Later on I did camp bomb king several times. Stingy *** took forever to drop the ring...
I also ran into Oni Carcass once on accident. It wasn't pretty...
MSPaint Winner
By OhjiMithra 2012-11-11 16:29:36  
Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
When I think of Abyssea - Uleguerand range only one NM comes to mind...

I'm not sure what I hate the most about this thing:

1) Needed for a (rather) popular NM, namely Dhorme > Apademak, so it's 90% of the time camped.
2) The droprate on it's pop item is pretty poor
3) He also happens to drop the Bale earring...
4) The fight itself can be a total pain (heavy strike spam and strong spikes.. BAH)

I'll be glad when the day comes I'll get Apademak's atma so I never have to bother with this golem ever again...

/endrage
yesh hate this *** sooo much.. 0/47 atm on the Earring ><
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-12 01:49:14  
Might as well post some NM's from the regions around San d'Oria:
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-13 02:52:32  
If there's no response at all on this guy...

... then I will be heavily disappointed :P
 Sylph.Rafaras
サーバ: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-11-13 03:43:36  

MOST ANNOYING RESPAWN TIME NM EVER!!!
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-13 04:01:00  
What about that timed spawn golem NM in Beaucedine Glacier? Stupid NM has what? Like 5 min to 12 hour respawn time? I really hated camping him. I didn't mind most other Empyrean NM's where you knew you had at least an hour or two where you knew their window wasn't up.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-13 06:47:16  
Luckily I didn't need Gargantua for any of my trials, but I'm not looking forward to the day that I do need it. I helped a friend once with this NM and only saw a pop twice on a span of about 15 hours. And I was already going insane after 5 hours or so. I really dislike camping NM's with such long windows...
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-13 08:07:05  

For my trial I got that guy done in like a day. =x
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-13 16:07:37  
Posting this NM for a friend of mine:

I'm sure you'll get those bazubands after the 20th kill dude!

Also, this was one of those unexpected NM's when my online time mainly consisted of exploring areas:

Up until that point all the NM's I had encountered were either significantily different-looking from the similar enemies around it or were completely out of place. This ***, however, didn't play by my low level 'rules' and I got horribly mauled, haha... -.- (I still hate him for doing that)
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-14 01:58:43  
Classic one:

Maybe not very rage-inducing (drop rate on the ring is very high), but I can imagine back when cap was 75 this NM was sought after a lot and we all know how much we 'love' competition...
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-14 02:09:15  
The knife I got from this bird actually made my thf playable for much longer than it should have been. Damn you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-14 02:27:11  
Asura.Celeana said: »
I'm surprised no one mentionned Pandemonium Warden so far.

Unless i missed it?

No he hasn't been mentioned yet. I would share my stories about PW but I haven't fought him (yet).
 Ragnarok.Brevalaerr
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Brevalaer
By Ragnarok.Brevalaerr 2012-11-14 03:54:04  
i wouldnt say PW was a pain i found him quite easy tbh . 2/2 on him and found it quite easy did have the right setup both times though i guess which helps......
 Phoenix.Xantavia
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2012-11-14 05:54:26  
Ugh, I could never remember which was the easy tree NM, and which one would eat my face if I attacked it.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-14 06:22:43  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Ugh, I could never remember which was the easy tree NM, and which one would eat my face if I attacked it.

The way I remembered it was Fraelissa had the word 'easy' in it (almost); easi. I have a weird way of remembering things...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-15 03:30:48  
How about a NM absolutely no one ever fights?

/sarcasm
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2012-11-15 17:13:59  
This guy.

Two Words. Knight Stalker. This NM scared the crap out of me, while hunting for the chest the screen starts shaking....then I hear it agro and then I'm (my level 50something-60 drg) dead, after that he sees my ex and chases him down, then he surveys the whole damn area, was tricky trying to raise lol, if it was not the Wyvren it was the undead that would blood agro.

And though its not an NM when I was still pretty new Gusgen Mines was pretty scary, especially when those sirens went off.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-15 18:01:05  
Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
And though its not an NM when I was still pretty new Gusgen Mines was pretty scary, especially when those sirens went off.

The funny thing is that with those sirens NM's do spawn. I have to agree that they were scary when I explored the mines the first few times. They still surprise me when they go off unannounced, even to this day >.>
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-15 18:05:33  
And before I call it quits for today, here's another NM for you guys to enjoy:

Quite possibly the dumbest name for a pugil NM, this guy killed me several times when he was first introduced because he doesn't really stand out amongst the other fish.
I tend to walk straight into a NM on accident if they aren't incredibly huge, strangely colored or have a really long name... =.=''
By itchi508 2012-11-15 19:03:08  
Leviathan.Tohihroyu said: »
This guy.

Two Words. Knight Stalker. This NM scared the crap out of me, while hunting for the chest the screen starts shaking....then I hear it agro and then I'm (my level 50something-60 drg) dead, after that he sees my ex and chases him down, then he surveys the whole damn area, was tricky trying to raise lol, if it was not the Wyvren it was the undead that would blood agro.

This guy ruined everyones day Lv 50 partys camping at crabs /altep zone. U see a thf flee by u, u no to run as his friends are running shorty behind as one gets dropped on the way lol. Or traveling to crab/terrigon zone camp and u round a corner..... Oh ***....lol this guy was out to ruin everyones day. Good choice on hated NM for the old days XD
By itchi508 2012-11-15 19:27:33  
Bune was one i hated, use to camp him being out there against alliances fighting for claim as 75 rdm/blm when Enhancing sword was worth 2-3M "i only got Esword a few times but was far from being worth the time spent on him" solo him took 40min to a hour to kill him with the pressure of a alliance following your every step waiting for you to fail. Awsome feeling to win after it all but have lost 30+ mins in and lost it of course, all the work ugggg i hated bune. Even seing 18man alliance get dropped sometimes from bune and unger both. with ungers camp being sandwiched between dangerous mobs, squeezing your alliance in that small alley sucked haha
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-16 16:55:23  
Bumping this thread with something ranked high in probably most people's top 10's of most hated NM in Abyssea:

Lakshmi.Ryukin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryu182
By Lakshmi.Ryukin 2012-11-16 17:03:24  
W/o brew, I understand, with it, I never had any probs.

This, was mine

For those of you who don't know right of the bat, Long-armed Chariot, brainjack chariot.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-16 17:12:06  
Obviously I mean without brews. As awesome as it is, I consider brewing a form of cheating. It's fun to try it out once, maybe twice on that seemingly unbeatable monster that plagued you for weeks, but to me brewing loses it's charm quickly. I only brewed twice so far (both Shinryu) and honestly I prefer a classic fight even if there is like a 15% chance of winning. It's much more rewarding when you do win normally in the end.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11