Game: FFXI
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2012-11-17 22:10:47  
Akvan. I hate him with all my being.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-17 23:56:42  
Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Obviously I mean without brews. As awesome as it is, I consider brewing a form of cheating. It's fun to try it out once, maybe twice on that seemingly unbeatable monster that plagued you for weeks, but to me brewing loses it's charm quickly. I only brewed twice so far (both Shinryu) and honestly I prefer a classic fight even if there is like a 15% chance of winning. It's much more rewarding when you do win normally in the end.

Brewing is for when that classic fight has to be done 40 or 50 times, AKA Azdaja... why spend 3 or 4 hours fighting a bunch of them when you can put a cor on the flux and 1-2 shot them over and over, do a dozen in half an hour or less.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2012-11-18 00:32:06  
Sylph.Binckry said: »
If there's no response at all on this guy...

... then I will be heavily disappointed :P
For my trial I got that guy done in like a day. =x
4-5 hours for the trial here. He's an easy camp if you know what you're looking for. Was one of my favorites to camp
 Cerberus.Rizla
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mystil
By Cerberus.Rizla 2012-11-18 00:49:48  
i agree Golden Tongue-Culberry most annoying normal fight, but what most didnt realise is any job could solo 75/smn lvl 1 with some yagudo drinks, best strat never fully discovered.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-19 03:18:07  
After my usual antics in Abyssea last weekend I'd like to nominate this.. THING as most hated NM in Abyssea - Tahrongi
(kinda surprised it hasn't recieved a big, fat mention yet...)

Screw you AND your pop items >_<
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-19 03:32:03  
Jassik said: »
Obviously I mean without brews. As awesome as it is, I consider brewing a form of cheating. It's fun to try it out once, maybe twice on that seemingly unbeatable monster that plagued you for weeks, but to me brewing loses it's charm quickly. I only brewed twice so far (both Shinryu) and honestly I prefer a classic fight even if there is like a 15% chance of winning. It's much more rewarding when you do win normally in the end.

Brewing is for when that classic fight has to be done 40 or 50 times, AKA Azdaja... why spend 3 or 4 hours fighting a bunch of them when you can put a cor on the flux and 1-2 shot them over and over, do a dozen in half an hour or less.

For fights like Azdaja it's totally justified. I just mean don't brew whenever you can't seem to win normally. Just try again (with more people and/or other job(s)). I've known people who brewed easy NM's, like Avalerion (no I'm NOT kidding).
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-11-19 03:55:21  

Full stop.

There is no other mob in the game that does everything it can to just waste your time. This mob is succinctly designed to force you to poke it to death.

When it comes to raw unbridled annoyance relative to actual difficulty, nothing tops this ***.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-19 04:02:19  
Diabolos.Raelia said:
There is no other mob in the game that does everything it can to just waste your time. This mob is succinctly designed to force you to poke it to death.

When it comes to raw unbridled annoyance relative to actual difficulty, nothing tops this ***.

After reading the wiki entry on him: ...wow ._.
That.. is just stupid
Great addition to this thread =)
 Asura.Vysere
サーバ: Asura
user: Vysere
By Asura.Vysere 2012-11-19 12:21:08  
How about a NM absolutely no one ever fights?

/sarcasm

I hate this thing. I was working on fire trials once in the Cape and this thing decided to drop down below from his cliff and completely annihilate me in less than 10 secs. Seeing my HP drop from 100% to like 5% so quickly made me cry a bit :/

I was like, "wtf just happened"
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
サーバ: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-11-20 02:07:35  
right now, Aspidochelone. his egg decided to hit dirt cause someone killed a bunch of links where i couldn't see. and i had just 1 inv spot open so i go to lot it and some feather drops and before i can pass on anything else everyone warps out and everything hits floor. except abj, but the gm then laughs at me and tells me to make a well worded email about "allowing" them to change this
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-11-20 02:13:26  
How about a NM absolutely no one ever fights?

/sarcasm

oh i "camped" that once.. ok my bf and me saw it up when we did a WS-NM up there looked what it drops and killed it, and went there another day again get the drop hihi i wanted a skillup axe when i saw he drops one :) so 1/2
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-20 05:10:34  

I got horribly mutilated by this thing way back when I found (to my surprise) an exit from Beaucedine Glacier back into Batallia Downs. I was a mere level 40ish WHM (used that job to explore the majority of the game) and let's just say I wasn't very bright back then ^^; I attacked any NM...
I came back about two years later and had a very royal win as 75 BLU. Felt good...
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-21 04:06:59  
I've always hated Ahriman AND the NM's in the family, but this one really takes the cake:

Screw you and your stupid physical immunity >_<
Not to mention the bloody adds he spawns (on which you have to proc red in order to get the KI).
Only fought him once and on that day I vowed never, EVER to fight this NM again. I always amber box his key item now; even if it takes a few hours.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-11-21 04:32:11  
To even begin to do it justice becomes a novel...

Was a career RDM pre-80 cap, so naturally, the shield was attractive to me. Never attractive enough for the several mil it fetched, though. Let's be honest, it wasn't a make or break piece of gear and the only practical use would be slightly quicker kills in farming (which was the use I had it eyed for). There was one month where we had ToD and pretty much every claim, not one damn shield, ever.

He also had a nasty habit of showing up at the last possible minute for us, which meant we'd been running around the plateau for ~3 hours already.

Also, by we I mean my LS, because at some point it became a grudge match, human vs computer, K'sR vs BB.

If that were the only qualifications for being on this list, then I'd have to add at least a dozen other NM's in.. Me and him also have a long standing direct fued. It started like this:

One day I'm a level 12 with no subjob had just started and a RAM kills me on my run for Valkrum. I swear an oath of revenge (and apparently, of habit). Once I hit level ~25 I go back, determined to extract my revenge on this huge hunk of a beast called a ram.. At the time as far as I'm concerned these things might as well be Vrtra or something (again, pre-80 cap).

Guess what the very first ram I run into is. If you guessed Bloodtear, then you'd be wrong. I ran into Lumbering Lambert. Of course my *** gets handed to me. Again I swear revenge, and again I wait until the odds are so stacked in my favor that the 'accomplishment' of beating said monster is almost laughable (like being given an award for fighting your way out of a wet paper sack). I've been running around about an hour killings rams, then suddenly! A BIGGER RAM APPEARS! Instantly I recognize my time for glory, my chance for revenge on LL is at hand!.

If you guessed that my *** was quickly handed to me, again, you'd be right. Once again I had inadvertently bitten off much more than I could chew.. I'd like to say the cycle ends here.. But it doesn't.

This is getting long, so just to illustrate my point, next attempt comes around, I get it to about 10%, then friend logs into his char (the one I was fighting it on at the time, he had been playing much longer and was better geared and could kill easier and quicker) naturally he finally logs into a purple-named Baldruf.
 Valefor.Annikahansen
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2012-11-21 11:06:59  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
To even begin to do it justice becomes a novel...

Was a career RDM pre-80 cap, so naturally, the shield was attractive to me. Never attractive enough for the several mil it fetched, though. Let's be honest, it wasn't a make or break piece of gear and the only practical use would be slightly quicker kills in farming (which was the use I had it eyed for). There was one month where we had ToD and pretty much every claim, not one damn shield, ever.

He also had a nasty habit of showing up at the last possible minute for us, which meant we'd been running around the plateau for ~3 hours already.

Also, by we I mean my LS, because at some point it became a grudge match, human vs computer, K'sR vs BB.

If that were the only qualifications for being on this list, then I'd have to add at least a dozen other NM's in.. Me and him also have a long standing direct fued. It started like this:

One day I'm a level 12 with no subjob had just started and a RAM kills me on my run for Valkrum. I swear an oath of revenge (and apparently, of habit). Once I hit level ~25 I go back, determined to extract my revenge on this huge hunk of a beast called a ram.. At the time as far as I'm concerned these things might as well be Vrtra or something (again, pre-80 cap).

Guess what the very first ram I run into is. If you guessed Bloodtear, then you'd be wrong. I ran into Lumbering Lambert. Of course my *** gets handed to me. Again I swear revenge, and again I wait until the odds are so stacked in my favor that the 'accomplishment' of beating said monster is almost laughable (like being given an award for fighting your way out of a wet paper sack). I've been running around about an hour killings rams, then suddenly! A BIGGER RAM APPEARS! Instantly I recognize my time for glory, my chance for revenge on LL is at hand!.

If you guessed that my *** was quickly handed to me, again, you'd be right. Once again I had inadvertently bitten off much more than I could chew.. I'd like to say the cycle ends here.. But it doesn't.

This is getting long, so just to illustrate my point, next attempt comes around, I get it to about 10%, then friend logs into his char (the one I was fighting it on at the time, he had been playing much longer and was better geared and could kill easier and quicker) naturally he finally logs into a purple-named Baldruf.
wait...wasn't that the time you had me on your char, and you were on his...and when he logged onto his...i (on your char) got violently murdered by that damned thing?

also, when i was still playing and really low level, i was sitting down to rest, and that same friend typed "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!" and ran at me with a huge something or other. not sure if it was bloodtear or lumbering, just know that it was huge, and i thought it was after me. my friend actually had it going for him and was trying to freak me out. ***
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-27 02:59:05  
Bump with classic trio:

Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-28 04:50:57  
I thought I had seen the worst in Abyssea after Melo Melo, Isgebind, Glavoid, Chloris, Rani, Shinryu and other 'fun' NM's, but then I tried THIS thing for the first time yesterday:

Oh dear lord...
This has got to be the most ridiculous NM EVER! Words cannot describe how utterly and completely DESTROYED my party was after trying to fight this guy. Just... omfg...
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-28 05:52:05  
I have to admit, that is probably the only NM in all of Abyssea that I would be worried fighting.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-11-28 06:02:59  
Sandworm (75 cap) and it's pop conditions :x helped once never again :D
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-28 08:12:03  
I thought I had seen the worst in Abyssea after Melo Melo, Isgebind, Glavoid, Chloris, Rani, Shinryu and other 'fun' NM's, but then I tried THIS thing for the first time yesterday: Oh dear lord... This has got to be the most ridiculous NM EVER! Words cannot describe how utterly and completely DESTROYED my party was after trying to fight this guy. Just... omfg...

I tried to duo him thf/dnc & whm when that exp first came out........ I was so unprepared for the havok he unleashed lol. It felt like he had 120% acc and i had 0 (and my thf wasn't TERRIBLY geared).
 Bahamut.Camaroz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2012-11-28 08:13:16  

So I solod on whinja last night and when I say magma hoplon can go to hell ZOMG this fight sucked directly because of this move.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-11-28 12:36:41  
1. Glavoid stupid key items and disgorge 2. Pil 0/250 boots 3. Akvan 0/150 bullet 4. Gaunab 1/250 breeches 5. Dvalinn stupid tp spam.
 Phoenix.Valory
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-28 13:12:15  
I've always hated Ahriman AND the NM's in the family, but this one really takes the cake:

Screw you and your stupid physical immunity >_<
Not to mention the bloody adds he spawns (on which you have to proc red in order to get the KI).
Only fought him once and on that day I vowed never, EVER to fight this NM again. I always amber box his key item now; even if it takes a few hours.

Easily duo'd (takes a lil time tho)
Summoner with Ramuh & Thunderstorm merited

Warrior or Ninja if you want to have a good red proc chance. Bst if you want to just easily handle the adds.

Summoner puts Ramuh on it with DG/MC/MM, Ramuh will not die 1v1 against the Eye with these atmas.

When adds are popped, Warrior or Ninja pulls the adds off Ramuh 1 at a time, tries to proc. Once one is proced, jus tkeep killing them one at a time each time they pop.

Or if you're doing it with a Bst friend, just use sic one at a time to pull the adds off, then drag em away. A bit. Falcorr can hold them pretty well, you may have to use some pet food on occasion. It takes a while for Falcorr to kill them, and if they're all up when the mob hits his next 20% life threshhold then he doesn't summon more.

meanwhile the Smn just thunderstorms every chance they get. If you want you can throw on shock spikes for that tiny bit of extra dmg it does. Keep Dia2 up on it (although if you wanted you could sub blm or Sch on the Smn and bio2 it instead).
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-11-28 13:25:17  
Aspi, no friggin' question

I can think about all the times I've camped that SOB till force pop time only to have Adaman appear on like Day F'ing 10

and Glavoid is a close second, again not hard, but holy crap on a crutch it's annoying.
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2012-11-28 21:28:38  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »

Full stop.

Yeah it's very hard, have to pay attention for 2 mins in order to kill it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-12-01 11:05:42  

Oh hi...
VIP
By Jassik 2012-12-01 11:44:44  

Oh hi...

Thank God i have no use for that body, i can't stand him.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-12-03 03:04:08  
A new week, a new batch of NM's!
Here's a bunch of classic bosses:
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-12-04 02:26:26