First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 250 251 252
 Lakshmi.Stepth
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2013-10-30 19:58:17  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Best person to want to kill: Stepth

Clearly you've never been pitted against a COR in Ballista.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 20:07:33  
thats what the last black mage said.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-30 20:09:16  
TToF has been a social shell for the better part of a decade. We don't actually "recruit" people, and this is for the better. As soon as we start actively looking for people, we would have to develop rules and some kind of framework that rewards efforts of unequal players "equally," like all the other linkshells bound together by a common goal rather than friendship.

If we kept our current rules and invited people randomly, we'd end up with spite lotting, people lotting for jobs they don't play, terrible players lotting things over good players, etc. I'd rather not do what little endgame there is to do than deal with some kind of point system ***. This is why I made a separate Legion shell (Taruwaru), because I was afraid it would go poorly and I didn't want those denigrate outsiders in TToF. Fortunately I was too lazy to make a point system for Taruwaru either, so I recruited very conservatively and most of them ended up being a good fit in TToF anyway (and thus got pearled). This gave us enough (high-quality) players to do Adoulin content comfortably and casually.

This is our third or fourth recruitment thread and as far as I know we have only pearled one person from all of them. That person was a sweet innocent little Galka, and he eloped a few weeks after being pearled (true story). We never heard from him again. So, as serious as we may be, we are not particularly serious about recruiting people and I am adamantly opposed to recruiting people that I feel would destroy the atmosphere of the linkshell.

PS. Galkas are terrible and I won't even pearl my own mule because he's a Galka. Frodo was an exception.

PPS. What you portray as an arbitrary decision to kick people based on their names is actually part of my holy quest for alphabetic linkshell list balance. This quest predates this thread by years, but you can see evidence of it sprinkled throughout my posts.

PPPS. The real reason I made linkshell recruitment threads was to try and get people to spam Artemas with tells.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-30 20:15:53  
Josiahkf said: »
Unless you found a way to boost wildfire past like holding 3 chatoyants at once, it's not going to deal 4000 dmg to me on pvping sorry. Weaponskill has a cap.
As far as I remember, Leaden Salute can't miss, I don't know how it does on Manawall. If you could boost Leaden Salute enough, you might go down. Though I never did PvP because I was too busy rubbing up against random Mithra on the airship.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2013-10-30 20:19:19  
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Best person to want to kill: Stepth

Clearly you've never been pitted against a COR in Ballista.
Cor are a joke. Blm/sch sublimation for light shot manawall hailstorm blink dark arts celerity manawell blizzaja one shots em, casting in only a couple seconds with vouk and ele seal if they try to stack Meva, wildfire would do zero if they by chance were /Sam

You'd be surprised how often that doesn't work (at least 95% of the time). BLMs think they're all tough doing that, but there's really no way to block 2 fire shots and then a Wildfire from a properly geared COR. Not to mention light shot will still interrupt you despite the sublimation charge if I decide to go that route.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2013-10-30 20:24:22  
Except the MP won't be there to cast anything after Fire Shots and Wildfire. When it does work, well okay, you killed me once. Now all of your JAs are on their 10 minute cooldowns and I'm back in 30 seconds with a double dose of Fire Shot to tip me over 100 and Wildfire you in the back while you try to Sprint away.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-30 20:26:51  
Yeah leaden salute could be boosted with voidstorm but even you somehow bound the Blm and stood out of range you'd need to do +3000 dmg to remove all the mp but he could just cast blizzaja anyway with fast cast gear and manawell near instantly thanks to celerity and trait celerity

It's annoying as hell to fight lol especially these days. Have even 2 houred and killed a fully 87% aegis purely because of how potent the dmg can be when spammed with manawall, pld gets no tp and stuck curing self hoping to outlast.
I meant I wasn't sure how Manawall worked in regards to Leaden Salute, whether Leaden Salute would hit 100% and do MP damage, be resisted due to conflicting mechanics, or ignore Manawall and just do pure Darkness damage.

Post deleted by User.
By benjamus 2013-10-30 20:28:10  
jesus *** it figures all you guys are ballistards
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-30 20:31:54  
Also, if Manawall is dispellable, a Dark Shot would proc and simply boost Leaden Salute, but as I said, I have no idea how any of these abilities effect one another.
By benjamus 2013-10-30 20:33:48  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
TToF has been a social shell for the better part of a decade. We don't actually "recruit" people, and this is for the better. As soon as we start actively looking for people, we would have to develop rules and some kind of framework that rewards efforts of unequal players "equally," like all the other linkshells bound together by a common goal rather than friendship.

If we kept our current rules and invited people randomly, we'd end up with spite lotting, people lotting for jobs they don't play, terrible players lotting things over good players, etc. I'd rather not do what little endgame there is to do than deal with some kind of point system ***. This is why I made a separate Legion shell (Taruwaru), because I was afraid it would go poorly and I didn't want those denigrate outsiders in TToF. Fortunately I was too lazy to make a point system for Taruwaru either, so I recruited very conservatively and most of them ended up being a good fit in TToF anyway (and thus got pearled). This gave us enough (high-quality) players to do Adoulin content comfortably and casually.

This is our third or fourth recruitment thread and as far as I know we have only pearled one person from all of them. That person was a sweet innocent little Galka, and he eloped a few weeks after being pearled (true story). We never heard from him again. So, as serious as we may be, we are not particularly serious about recruiting people and I am adamantly opposed to recruiting people that I feel would destroy the atmosphere of the linkshell.

PS. Galkas are terrible and I won't even pearl my own mule because he's a Galka. Frodo was an exception.

PPS. What you portray as an arbitrary decision to kick people based on their names is actually part of my holy quest for alphabetic linkshell list balance. This quest predates this thread by years, but you can see evidence of it sprinkled throughout my posts.

PPPS. The real reason I made linkshell recruitment threads was to try and get people to spam Artemas with tells.

thanks for taking the time to type all that out. to the chagrin of many a butt, this is the spirit of ttof!
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2013-10-30 20:34:14  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Also, if Manawall is dispellable, a Dark Shot would proc and simply boost Leaden Salute, but as I said, I have no idea how any of these abilities effect one another.

Leaden Salute is terrible compared to Wildfire, Death Penalty withstanding. So terrible, in fact, that it's Tebow's WS of choice. The loss of 900-1500 QD damage and 20ish TP for a little extra Leaden Salute damage is a terrible tradeoff, especially in Ballista.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-30 20:39:58  

Leaden Salute is terrible compared to Wildfire, Death Penalty withstanding. So terrible, in fact, that it's Tebow's WS of choice. The loss of 900-1500 QD damage and 20ish TP for a little extra Leaden Salute damage is a terrible tradeoff, especially in Ballista.
This is false, his WS of choice is Trueflight. Terrible as it may be it is Light based, thus it's Holy. The Virgin Father likes to shoot his Trueflights straight into the ground.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2013-10-30 20:47:06  

This is false, his WS of choice is Trueflight. Terrible as it may be it is Light based, thus it's Holy. The Virgin Father likes to shoot his Trueflights straight into the ground.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 20:53:51  
The mechanics of BLM does not match up well to the mechanics of COR in Ballista.

I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2013-10-30 21:31:39  
Thank God, de-mained again.

Maybe now all the random interlopers will show themselves out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-10-30 21:47:31  
My bad, Jos is ok too.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2013-10-30 21:59:39  
Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
My bad, Jos is ok too.

Who is Kelhor and what have you done with Rooks?
 Phoenix.Danii
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Danii 2013-10-30 22:01:09  
Who is Danii and what have I done with Anna?!
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 250 251 252